Start by marking “Underestimated (Underestimated, #1)” as Want to Read:
Underestimated (Underestimated, #1)

Underestimated

(Underestimated #1)

Morgan starts her life in a bad situation, she doesn't really know what she wants out of life. She's never had anyone to look up to or help guide her in the right direction. She had it rough and never dreamed that it could get worse. However, she finds that it can and it does.

She learns what real hell is when she meets the husband that she doesn't want to marry but isn't g
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 535 pages
Published June 26th 2013 by Jettie Woodruf

To ask other readers questions about Underestimated, please sign up.
Telsa Me too. let me know if you do find it. Thank you. I will do the same.
…more
Me too. let me know if you do find it. Thank you. I will do the same.
(less)
Sönïa Dhillion 4yrs Drew was 22yrs when Morgan was 18yrs in the start of their relationship.
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsTears of Tess by Pepper WintersConsequences by Aleatha RomigEpilogue by C.J. Roberts
Best Dark Books Ever
1,006 books — 1,911 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
The Darker Side
1,166 books — 3,678 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Underestimated (Underestimated, #1)
La-Lionne
Just a little note, to be fair to the book and the author: this book will be edited, so there is a chance that it will get better. If you planning on reading, don't mind my rant. However, I'm not going to read the new version. Good writing, for me, is more than editing and grammatical error-free text..

***1 vagina-gone-wild star***

- - - WARNING, SOME OF THE QUOTES AREN'T SUITED FOR YOUNGER READERS ;-) - - -

Now, with that out of the way, I want to punch myself in the face for reading this book.
description

OM
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★ ¼! Underestimated, book 1 of 3. After 6 years as a slave wife, Morgan escapes & starts anew until her past catches up with her!

“It made me sick that he made all of these people think what a wonderful husband he was.”

Books in The Underestimated Trilogy series should be read in order:
Book 1: Underestimated
Book 2: Underestimated Too
Book 3: An Underestimated Christmas

Underestimated (book 1) opens up to Morgan Kelley running for her life. From what and why to unfold with
Farah
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes dark mind fuck romances!

So the warning signs in on the Blurb is absolutely correct!!!

This is a dark and somewhat disturbing book and it will make you question your sanity.

Yes this book is long and have a lot of details which I did not mind reading at all.
There was a few grammar errors in the book but it wasn't so bad.

If Morgan thought her childhood was bad, she didn't know it could get a whole lot worse..

When Morgan was an 18year old virgin, her father sold her to a man called Drew for $30 000.
She was forced to marry D
Candace
I was intrigued by this story at first, but then I lost interest as it seemed to drag on and on. Sometimes, a book is so good that you don't want to ever reach the last page and have it end. This was definitely not one of those books for me. The last quarter of the story seemed redundant and the heroine, Morgan, became less and less likable. After the third or fourth flip-flop between Drew and Dawson, I was irritated and over it!

While the book started out with a very dark feel, it completely cha
Aleatha Romig
I was encouraged to read this book for a long time. I was told that it was similar to another book that is near and dear to my heart...yes, I saw similarities...but that was it. Underestimated is a unique and twisted love story. Is it a romance? Well, honestly, by definition - YES. However, if you want hearts and flowers, this is NOT your book. If you want to have your mind blown, while enjoying an involved thriller of a story with secrets, corruption, redemption, and not to mention some very ho ...more
Debra

★★★★☆ 4.5 INTENSE, INTRIGUING, CRAZY ROLLER COASTER RIDE STARS.

This is a very hard book to review without giving too much about the plot away. You just have to have read it for yourself and you will know what I mean. Underestimated was a dark, gritty, emotional, highly emotional story with many twists and turns that I could not stop reading until I knew how it would end.

My only complaints about the story was that it was a thad bit too descriptive and long at times (though that didn't prevent me
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
2.5

There was a lot that was interesting about this book. It certainly managed to throw all sorts of drama at you.

Another review compared it to Sleeping with the enemy meets Consequences. I can definitely see that, although the the last 30% or so was more like some really twisted version of Thoughtless.

I think if maybe Drew's reason for being a psyco made any sense to me at all, I would have enjoyed the book more, despite the ending that I loathed.

(view spoiler)
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
UNDERESTIMATED knocked my socks off! It’s a very unique romance that skirts the edge of darkness, but I read a lot of dark stuff, so, just remember that all levels of “dark” are relative . . .

I’ll have to keep things vague in an effort to keep the story exciting and mysterious for everyone. As you probably gathered from the blurb, UNDERESTIMATED is definitely NOT your typical story of “happily ever after,” so if the fairy tale thing is what you are looking for, then move along, because this ain’
A. Bookzilla.

Take this seriously. The things Morgan goes through are horrific and... I felt so hopeless about her situation even though I knew she got away (this is not a spoiler).

A 4.5 read, but I do have some things to say about it. It really messed with my head.

This book was a first for me. I'm sure you're all gonna say that it's probably no
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Warning! This is not your everyday fall in love romance. This book contains disturbing situations, strong language, graphic, sexual content, some forced, some not. If it's your happily ever after love story that you are looking for, you should probably move on. If you are up for the ride, stick around and it may just turn into a love story after all.. (NO SHIT)!!

That blurb pretty much says it all!!

It's a dark, gritty, mind fuck of a read, if your not up for the challenge walk away now!

I hated D
Ritika
Aug 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
What a whole lot of crap, although the warning was true but it was incomplete. The Author should have written in the warning that if you are looking for this story to make sense you better not read it.

The character of Drew was so incomplete a sadistic rapist who abuses the heroin for 6 years suddenly... is changed into an extra loving husband and a rockstar father ... I was like ... are you S*****g me.

And the Dawson and lauren's story was soooooo forced... just to give the readers a happy endi
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)

So this book is one you cant get hold of anywhere I originally read it back when it first released and wanted to do a complete reread, personally I'm not sure why it's been banned yes the content is very extreme in places especially some of the flashbacks Morgan experiences at what Drew originally put her through but certainly no worse than what I've read elsewhere.

Underestimated in itself is a twisted messed up angsty read with a massive love-triangle at its centre and anyone who knows me is aw
Jenee -Jenee's Book Blog
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy Dark Hotness! That was the most erotic, dark, twisted, amazing book I've ever read!!! Just WOW!!! I read the entire thing in a day, and trust me its long, but I couldn't put the damn thing down!
image

“I could have loved you,” I said, and I could have.
“This isn’t about love."

This book was AMAZING! Like top 10 books this year amazing….it was a dark read and I loved every minute of it. I happened upon this book while browsing Amazon’s new releases like I so often find myself doing. I bought
CC
4.5 Stars

description

Morgan grew up in poverty in a small West Virginia town. Her father was the town drunk, her mother abandoned her at a crucial age and her brother was placed in foster care as a young child. All Morgan knew was removed from her life. While it seemed as though Morgan was destined to live a meager existence, her life irrevocably changed when Drew Kelly appeared at her high school.

“Oh, I have plenty of women who would love to marry me. I’m not interested in spoiled little rich girls. I
Elaine
Jul 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-the-dark-side
Authors warning!

Morgan has had a hard life, a disappearing mother, brother in care and an abusive father
On her 18th birthday Morgan's father sells h
Kirsty
Jul 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
2 stars? 3 stars? IDK.. I'm thinking 2.5 stars but I'll bump it up because I did finish it.

The only real emotion I felt when I got to the end of this book was complete and utter relief. I hate to be harsh, I hate to write a bad review but I hate even more to read a book that just isn't good. It felt like a terrible mix of Consequences and Thoughtless.

The main character in this book, Morgan/Riley, was the most insane, aggravating, ridiculous human being I have ever had the displeasure of reading
Ela
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am speechless!!!! I ducking love that fucktard Drew! Who knew I had it in me??? That was so intense it had me on my toes the whole time! And talk about angst!
Gwen ~the Book Diva
5 well earned stars! What a journey! I love when a book can make me want something I shouldn't! I love unconventional romance and I love this book!

high five photo: High Five millionangels.gif

The title is perfect and makes so much sense now that I've reach the end! There was a lot of underestimating all the way around, I know that I completely underestimated how this story would effect my emotions.

I love stories that take their time to build and really deliver in the end. This one did for me! The first half was a bit slow yet purpose
Beth
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow I don't think I've ever been through so much reading a book in my life.

(view spoiler)
Zizz
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it
3 - 3.5 stars

You want to know why this book was so long? It's because the author tried to cram Consequences and Truth in one book. I can break it down in 4 parts.
1. The escape that ran alongside her flashbacks
2. Drew's redemption
3. The vagina monologue
4. Rainbows and unicorns

I would give the first two parts 4 stars. I was almost certain that Dawson was not trust-worthy considering his non-stop quest to know her entire story. It turns out he was just nosy. What was creepier though was the fact
RCK *don’t be all, like, uncool*
I could not stand the girl personally.. she just kept going back and forth from loving one to loving the other. I understand she went through a lot but she was pissing me off near the end.
Holly
I'm not sure I can even begin to describe how much I LOVED this book, but I'm damn sure gonna try!!

Warning! This is not your everyday fall in love romance. This book contains disturbing situations, strong language, graphic, sexual content - some forced, some not. If it's a happily ever after love story that you are looking for, you should probably move on. If you are up for the ride, stick around and it may just turn into a love story after all.

That describes this story perfectly and I loved
Am4u ❀ ~ AprilMarie4u ~ ❀

This book is a dark contemporary erotica.

This book is a hot mess, really and truly. There are a hundred things wrong with this book. I can’t even begin to list them all. But just like watching a train wreck about to happen, I couldn't look away. I had to know what would happen next & how it would all turn out.

Some of the twist & turns of this storyline had me going …

The main female character Morgan had me going a little psycho crazy …

Some of the other characters …

Abso-f**king-lutely!

Overall

R
Amy Ponce
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! THIS BOOK DESERVES 20,0000 STARS!!!!

What a total mind fuck!! i cant even write a review right now because my brain has yet to comprehend how fucking brilliant this book is!!!!

The only thing I will say for now is I FUCKING LOVE DREW!! if that makes me a sick, twisted crazy individual then so be it!!!

photo tumblr_m1tm7zmHe41qbnc831_zps0a58a8ab.gif
Isabel.
I liked this until Riley/Morgan starts saying she loves both men and can't make up her mind.

I hate women leading grown men like children, making them look like pussies and authors that don't know what to do with the good guy so they throw in cheating or other unnecessary stuff to make the heroine's choice easier .
Bella
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Like wow what a book...Its a long one but its a GOOD one! DARK, HOT and very adult with some twist and turns you will not see coming from the boo and your feelings!! I think this one is one of my new fave ending!! IF you like CRAZY, Dark and a lot of sexyness this one will be for you...but not for the faint of hearts thats for sure!! PICK it up you will love it PROMISE!!
Book Junkie
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I freaking loved this book! If you liked the Consequences series, you will devour this one! There were a couple of grammatical errors, but not enough to bother me and I am picky about those things! This is my new fav! Thanks for the recommendation, Ari Bookzilla!!!
Kira
DNF @38%

I tried. I really did, but damn this was bad. Nothing was happening. All Morgan did was have boring supposedly passionate sex with her new boyfriend. It wasn’t really him that turned her on. She constantly had nightmares and daydreams of all the times her husband raped and abused her. Then she’d turn to the boyfriend and ask him to fuck her while thinking of the husband. The relationship with the boyfriend mainly revolved around her discussing her past in explicit detail and having sex.
Demetra Georgiou

Rereading one of my favourites these past few days, and naturally the underestimated series would never be out of the list.

I've run into this book a while ago and I felt being pulled in from the onset.
It's not an easy read, it's not just dark romance it deals with abuse on its purest form: abuse for the sake of blind punishment. Primal abuse.
Morgan, a woman traded sold like a commodity by her own father, is married to Drew a person determined to break her every ounce of willpower in her.
He d
Catherine
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! what a wild ride this was... Fantastic read!!! Frustrating, sad, heart wrenching and exhausting as hell.. but in the end loved Drew and Morgan's story... Call me twisted!!! ...more
Drew or Dawson, who would you pick? 21 134 Feb 07, 2017 10:22AM
Some Like It Hot!: Emotional Roller Coasters 8 79 Sep 20, 2013 12:10PM

• Deadly Vows
  • Monster (Monster, #1)
  • Isolation (Quarantine #2)
  • Quarantined (Quarantine #1)
  • When Art Rises (Living in Cin, #1)
  • Resurrect
  • Enslaved (The Life of Anna, #1)
  • Corrupt Idol
  • When Art Falls (Living in Cin, #2)
  • Virtue & Vanity
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Consumed
  • Ward (Dark Obsession Trilogy #1)
  • Gilded Cage (Dark Obsession Trilogy #2)
  • Wanderlust
  • Crime Lord's Captive (Crime Lord, #1)
  • The Filthy Series (Filthy, #1-6)
  • Twist Me (Twist Me, #1)
See top shelves…
I am a story teller, a life coach, and sometimes a little crazy. I’m at an amazing time in my life where doors are opening, adventures are happening, and new friends are being made. Life is fun and I want to share that joy with the world. I’m Jettie and I am unapolgetically me.
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if y

Underestimated (3 books)
  • Underestimated Too (Underestimated, #2)
  • An Underestimated Christmas (Underestimated, #3)

News & Interviews

“I love you, Morgan," Drew whispered to my lips.
"I hope so, we've been married for eight years," I teased.
He wasn't laughing. "I mean it, Morgan. I love you more than I ever thought possible, and no matter what happens, I'm telling you now, how sorry I am while you love me too.”
16 likes