Start by marking “Cruentus: Rise to Power” as Want to Read:
Cruentus: Rise to Power

Cruentus: Rise to Power

4.65  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A prophecy of old continued to burn in the embers of time; long left dormant until the Cruentus family rose above all others as darkness ascended the lands. Greed and deception were the name of the game, and Arturo Cruentus would stop at nothing as he concocted the ultimate scheme to get everything he wanted. No price was too high. The scene was set, the pieces strategical ...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 13th 2013 (first published May 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Cruentus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruentus

Tevya
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rise to Power is the first part of the Cruentus Series. In many ways a prequel to the heart of the story, this novella packs quite a punch. While classified as a paranormal romance, that label simply is not all-encompassing enough to truly define the story. It is far more than a romance, leading the reader through a course of love against all odds and a family’s quest for power. Ms. Broomfield wields her words much the way her warlocks wield their magic, creating a world that the the reader simp ...more
Ashley Nemer
Shelves: friends-books
L.S. Broomfield writes a fascinating story consisting of not just love, but power and greed. Inside these pages you will find that the true bad guy of the story isn't the ones who kidnap a young bride on her wedding day, no the bad guy is the one who manipulates the situation to benefit him. Not his family, himself.

Father and son will work together to accomplish a goal but neither will see the secret plan the other one is devising.

As a debut novel it's impressive and addicting. You will love w
Sarah Lazowski
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sitting on the edge of my seat the entire book waiting to see what will happen next!! The book was fantastic. I will not give any spoilers away, but will only say that LS Broomfield is a very talented author and I highly recommend this book to everyone!! I can't wait for the next book to come out.
Jamie Rogers
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dont know what else to say but that i loved it from start to finish ! Found myself sinking into the world completley and hated coming back to the reality of the real world ! Can not wait for #2 !!
Megan
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cruentus: Rise to Power is a unique read that will draw you in and take you places that you've never been before. The characters are well written and engaging. The combination of the late 1800s time period and the magical world in which the story takes place serves to make this story memorable and interesting. I've never read something quite like this novella and I can't wait to see more from L.S. Broomfield in the future.
Justin Nova
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic book and I am anxious to read the next one in the series. Great, crisp writing and interesting characters/world building.
Soxie
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the start to finish .. I can't wait for the next book
Vonnie
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it

What a great way to start a series! It was the first book of The Cruentus Series and it showed great promise on how awesome this series will be. It is filled with mystery, magic, romance, action, and betrayal. It sent me on a thrilling adventure that had me asking for more.

The story was easily read but full of action that had me gripping the pages. From the first chapter, I wanted to know who the Cruentus family was and why they desperately wanted Emiliana to marry into the family. It
Johanna Rae
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really loved Cruentus: Rise to Power for several reasons.

One - The angst and uncertainty of Emiliana's journey put me right on that rollercoaster of emotion with her. I could identify with some of what she felt. Not wanting to love this man and yet finding her heart trying to choose for itself instead.

Two - The plot kept me on the edge of my seat, turning pages furiously to discover what might happen next. There were several times where I had decided which side/person employed honesty and wh
Tanya Johnson
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Emiliana is a young girl who is thrown into a world she does not understand because her father was tricked into playing cards as everyone knew he would lose....the cost, Emiliana must marry Donato Cruentus. Donato Cruentus who's father is Arturo is a very powerful man and will do anything to gain more.

Emiliana decides to at least try to like Donato since she knows there is no way that she can get out of this arrangement however as time goes on she finds herself falling in love with him and Dona
Yvette
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for this book to be released for quite a while and I have to say it was well worth the wait. From the very first page I struggled to put it down. You instantly get pulled into the story and the world of magic . I know this isn't the authors first book but for the first book of a series, it defo leaves you wanting more and I can't wait for the next instalment.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Wow! What an incredible start to a promising series, and what a fine beginning for a gifted new author!

Read full review in the 2013 July/August double issue of InD’tale Magazine.

Bia Moxie
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Broomfield does an extraordinary job of weaving a web of magic, politics and greed in an old world setting with characters that are just as captivating as the story itself. I could not put this book down and look forward to the next installment!
Kimberly