Start by marking “The Man Without Rules (Without Rules, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Man Without Rules (Without Rules, #1)

Read Excerpt

The Man Without Rules

(Without Rules #1)

Sebastian Boa defies all the rules. There isn't a woman who doesn't want the notoriety of being in his bed. When he crosses paths with Mariss Red at one of his clubs, his interest is quickly piqued, and he sets out to make a play for the confident beauty. But Mariss is married, and she has no desire to lose what she loves for a one night stand with the indulgent playboy.

Wh
Published September 10th 2013 by SideStreet Cookie Publishing LLC (first published September 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Man Without Rules, please sign up.

Sana
dnf @24%

nope, not torturing myself by finishing it

NOT TODAY

i would rather sit in math class doing law of cosines than reading this garbage, that is all you need to know about this book
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Li xB by sb_zpsamwuwffk.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (1/4/2016)

Book 1.

BLURB:

When an attempt is made on Mariss' life, Sebastian rushes to her side. Those cl
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
I can already tell this is going to be bad.

Company names and musical acts are italicized. Something about the heroine pulls at the hero, when he literally just saw her two seconds ago across a crowded room. Hero owns a yacht called The Phall-acy.

DNF at 3%
Cierra
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
I am really not sure what I just read, but somehow I've gotten sucked into reading The Red Wife because I need to know if Red and Bassy get together and if she can save him.

I hated Sebastian the majority of this book. I don't want to read a book where I can't stand the H and almost DNF this book. Finally when he had seemed to grow, I started to feel like he loved Red and the read had been worth my time. But then, the ending was abrupt and out of nowhere and I hated him again.

I felt like we wer
Ren
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Lord have MERCY!! Where do I begin? How can I properly convey how utterly fantastic this book was? I was all hot and bothered almost 90% of this book for crying out loud! I very rarely read erotica that involves any sort of fetish. I find that they are very...what's the word....over-exaggerated. I may be wrong but I know nothing of play and all that jazz. It was the total opposite with this one. I felt strangely connected to both of these characters that had such depth to them. It's very rare th ...more
Saha
I enjoyed this book, kept me up at night, and considering I finished it at 2am and immediately started the next part of the series, I can't but admit its worth. I am a sucker for threesomes (DP FTW) and strong individuals, heroes and villains alike. I also adore multi-layered characters, ones you can't decide whether you love them, hate them, or love to hate them. And this amazing story had just the right ones.

So Sebastian is a model with a brain and business acumen. He owns a BDSM club, and run
Dianne
Apr 06, 2014 rated it liked it
GENRE: Manwhore falls in love; cheating (BE WARNED!)

LENGTH: good length; 362 page

MAIN CHARACTERS:
Mariss Red: Married woman who has a deep secret past and falls in love with another man, Sebastian Boa.
Sebastian Boa: Playboy model who finally met his match with Mariss and fights falling in love with her.
Holden Red: Mariss's husband who is very lenient and likes to make his wife happy.
Hellena: an employee and close friend of Sebastian's. She is also deeply in love with Sebastian.

LIKES:
The connec
Crystal
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-romance
NOTE: This review may contain a few minor spoilers, so please proceed with caution.

I just finished reading this book and I must say that I’m completely…stunned by it. I’m so stunned that I really don’t know what to say, so bare with me here.

I don’t write a lot of books reviews. In fact, I only write a book review if I feel that the book was amazing or touched me in some way. I decided to review this book because…well, it was a very, very strange (unique) read.

The most unique thing about the bo
Autumn
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian Boa is a male model, actually hes a male SUPER Model. Hes basically sexy on a stick or is it with a stick I dont fecking know. He knows the effect he has on women and uses it to his advantage. He uses them like tissues. Well except for Helena (to an extent). She is basically his right hand, she’s always ready for him. Yeah, they have an interesting dynamic.
Sebastian has his eye set on a married woman.. Mariss Red (Scandalous I know. But give it a chance or give my review a chance.) And
Sue Shepherd
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Fast paced and action packed. Intrigue and mystery. This book will have you hot under the collar one moment and sitting on the edge of your seat the next. A hot little romance that's enjoyable from cover to cover.
Cody Smith-Candelaria
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This a great story with lots of ups and downs and twists and turns. All of the characters, not just the leads, but also the supporting cast are compeling characters with depth. The story progresses at a steady pace and keeps the reader hooked with each page.

Mariss and Holden are a happily married couple. One fateful night, while seeking adventure, their relationship crosses paths with Sebastian and none of them will ever be the same. This is a love triangle that is filled with lust, passion, co
Tracy Gilmore
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An unexpected turn on an exciting story

I was amazed from page three and infatuation grew from there by chapter 3 I wanted to hold Sebastian in my hands physically. Placed an order for the paperback that night. I love the story, the complexity, the diversity. Sebastian is a powerful man and uses his gifts wisely except when it came to Mariss. The struggle they both go through is emotional and intense. Im excited for book two.
Sue Ellen Robertson
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I love the way the author decided to have the cover designed, especially since within the book you read that Sebastian Boa is always in a suit, and the color contrast is gorgeous. Sebastian Boa is one of the main characters in this novel and he is definitely steamy in all concepts from the way he looks all the way to the way he handles himself behind closed doors. He does not abide by any rule, at least which is until his rules start to slowly
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing

The man without rules.

It was fabulous! Thanks now go read it.
Just kidding but really.. I am partially serious. One word - HOT! Yes this book melts the pages and sizzles in your hands. I am not even going to get started on what it could or could not do to other parts of your body.
Sebastian is perfection. He oozes sex from every pore. He is misunderstood and kind, hidden behind a man whore persona. He is sweet, as I read the story and I got to see more of him I fell into lust/love more and more
Tami Parrington
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are no rules in this book. It is non-stop heat from start to finish. I loved how readers are thrust right in to the story and get steamy action right from the get-go. Still, even with that, the author didn’t spare any details when it came to character development or the story line. It was well-rounded and fun to read.

The author also did an amazing job of making the leading man a character that you felt empathy for where in most cases in reality you wouldn’t. He was every bit the part of t
Susan
Jun 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
This has to be one of the worst books I have read. In fact, I had to ask myself why I was still reading this book every time I picked it up. My answer, because I couldn't believe that something so bad could be written. It was like watching a train wreck happening and I couldn't believe my eyes. The free price is actually too much to pay. I'm not sure if anyone proof read this book. The story is just plain dumb. The author tried too hard with a bad story line and failed in my opinion. Nothing is ...more
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it

I received this book for an honest review.

This book had good potential, but I feel something's were missing. It took me longer to rad, because I was stuck on the missing potential.

The biggest issue was the flow of the story. It did not flow smoothly, and seemed to have some parts missing. The ending could have been not so rushed.

I feel if this book was thoroughly edited, and revised, it would have the potential to rank with other popular contemporary romance novels.

The characters were describe
Heather
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Heather by: I received this book for a honest review
The beginning of this book I was introduced to a man that I didn't have much of an opinion of. I wasn't impressed. I thought he was just your typical main male character. Hot, good looking, muscular, large (ahem) "unit", rich, male model of the year, yadda yadda, and blah blah blah. Slowly, chapter by chapter his layers are peeled off. Laid out in the open. I got lost in the story of The man without rules. I was surprised to find myself rooting for Sebastian Boa. This unique story has a way of s ...more
Brittani - Midtown Underground
Bassy!

You will either love or hate Sebastian Boa if you read this book. I absolutely loved him. Sebastian is a man that doesn't care about the rules and makes his own. He's a big-time playboy with looks to kill. He leaves women lying in his wake. But once he faces his biggest challenge yet, he can't get his mind off of it.

Mariss Red is a strong, independent woman that loves to hate Sebastian. She is married to her husband and plans to stay that way. This requires her to deny Sebastian's advances
Christine
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
ARC review.

Sebastian is a beautiful male model and successful business man, he's also a man-whore. He doesn't believe in love, then he meets Marriss, a married woman, who brings out emotions in him he's never had before.

This book is a cliffhanger. The first 45% was full of random information, which I'm now assuming will mean something eventually. However, I never gained any empathy with any of the main characters. The only two I like were Juliet the PA and Martha his mother. After that the story
Lauren
Dec 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow a lot going on

A married woman and her husband have a three some with the owner of a club for these types of things. The one night turns into want for the owner and the attraction the wife has for him is undeniable. They both see it and so does the husband. Oddly enough he is not the mystical, the club owners assistant and long time friend are. Throw in some old Russian mobsters brought out by a phone call from the assistant and a past life the wife thought had went away this story is a lot o
Dayna
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
I found myself rushing to get threw it. It started off good then it went bad and never got better. Bash fell for a married woman and had sex with this married woman even with her husband listening and watching. I just don't get the meaning behind this book. Maris told Bash she would never leave her husband for him that she was in love with her husband. If she is so in love with her husband why is she having sex with another man. In the end nothing was resolved well accept him get rid of Helena.
Elaine
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read for honest review: Well this book was hot and steamy. But Bash was a little over the top with Red and his not letting her go. But I guess her saying no was the reason he wanted her more. I wish there was more about the children in the book, but I guess that was just to give us a hint to what type of man he is. Even though he uses women like tissues. I loved the book and can't wait to read part 2. Thank you.
EnlightenedReaders
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This is the first book I've read from this author and I absolutely loved it!! Sebastian is an incredibly sexy man who is used to getting whatever/whoever he wants so when he meets Red he is immediately drawn to her resistance. Marris Red is a very attractive, and powerful woman and it seems as if in meeting her, Bash has met his match! A must read! Starting Red Wife right now!!!
Charlene Williams reiser
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure I was going to like this book but I ended up loving it.
Becky
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What!? Wow. This is the first time reading this author. She can write some hot scenes. Emotionally I am back and forth. She had me hooked into wanting to know what happens next.
Cydney
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
The book has some mistakes, words that are misspelled and some punctuation problems. Although there are errors they do not completely ruin the book. Holden the husband is away a lot due to playing professional Basketball, I found some of those areas impossible to believe. Yes Basketball players do travel, but many times wives go to show support, Kemp never spoke of Mariss going to a game or even reflecting on games she maybe attended in the past. I understand that Kemp wanted to make a book that ...more
Lizbeth Gabriel
It's been a while since I wanted to kill a main character by dropping on them a giant cement dildo. If you must fight fire with fire, then it probably takes a dick to kill another dick. Or maybe a shotgun. Or a Dalek. Dunno.

I don't want to write a lot, because there isn't really much to say. The man who never apologises, as the main character blatantly admits, could also have been called the man who'd stick it in a hole in the wall if someone drew a vagina around it. No sense of boundaries, no e
Cheryl
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Billionaire awesome

I just totally loved this book !!! Great dialogue , wonderful characters . Bassy and Red make everything and everyone annoyed at their baiting each other .. fighting each other and love . Both power driven forces . Both tied to excess baggage .. can they prevail the mess ? I cannot wait to read the next book .. after reading this book ! Excellent job by this author !
Pam
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book

I resisted this book for quite a long time thinking it would be like many other books I've read. Man, was I wrong. This book was intriguing and captivating. It was heart breaking and full of hope. In other words, it was an emotional roller coaster ride,but one I'm extremely glad I finally decided to take on. I whole heartedly recommend this book and personally can not wait to read the rest of the series!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Does She Cheat? 2 15 Feb 24, 2014 05:00PM
Erotica Book Club : Author New to Group 1 14 Feb 09, 2014 07:14AM
Some Like It Hot!: REVIEWERS Wanted for new erotic romance!! 11 50 Sep 02, 2013 08:27AM
Can a book be classified as erotica and still be classy? 1 6 Jul 19, 2013 09:20AM
Book Covers -How Important Are They? 1 4 Jul 05, 2013 04:00PM

• Acadian Waltz
  • Marks On My Skin (Love & Ink, #1)
  • Hot Redemption
  • Touch of Eden
  • Broken: Complete Series (Broken, #1-3)
  • Masters at Arms & Nobody's Angel (Rescue Me Saga, #0.5-1)
  • Delayed Surrender 1 (Delayed Surrender, #1)
  • A Fine Profession (The Chambermaid's Tales, #1)
  • Eating Out (Hot Lunch #1)
  • No Greater Loyalty (Sin City Heat, #6)
  • Azure (The Silver, #5)
  • Around the World in 80 men (Collection 1-10)
  • The Golden Chalice (Lee's Girls, #3)
  • Claimed (101 Nights, #1)
  • Beautiful Pain
  • Fern (Blood Vine, #2)
  • Blurred Lines: Volumes 1-4 (Blurred Lines, #1-4)
  • Commitment to Love (Chasing Love #3)
I am Tyffani Clark Kemp, multi-genre author and owner of SideStreet Cookie Publishing and its PNR imprint Moon Rose Books.
Follow her on instagram @tyffanickemp14, twitter @tyffanickemp, and facebook/authorclarkkemp

Without Rules (4 books)
  • The Red Wife (Without Rules, #2)
  • The Power Couple (Without Rules, #3)
  • The Silent Partner (Without Rules, #4)
“Sebastian grinned into his drink. Rules. He loved rules. They were so much fun to break.” 5 likes
“What were you saying about the way I smell?" "It's like hot testosterone on a fuckin' cracker, sprinkled with cinnamon." ~Mariss” 4 likes