Start by marking “Shaggy Maggie (Shaggy Maggie Band #1)” as Want to Read:
Shaggy Maggie (Shaggy Maggie Band #1)

Shaggy Maggie

(Shaggy Maggy Band #1)

Harvey Young, rock star lead of the Scottish band Shaggy Maggie, has dreamed his whole life about the red-haired girl from the school bus that he bullied until she ran away. He's resigned himself to groupie fill-ins. There's no way he'll ever see her again. Why torture himself pining for his lost youth?

Magda Canady may be on the unlucky side, but her life is starting to wo
Published July 24th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Shaggy Maggie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shaggy Maggie

Louise
Feb 10, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book just didn't work for me, it was just impossible for me to get into it. I've been thinking about it and I think the reason why is that there's nearly no internal monolougue. You don't get to spend much time inside the characters heads, learning about their thoughts and emotions. There is some, but it just doesn't give you much depth and therefore I felt disconnected to the characters and the entire story. I felt as if the whole book was simply a recital of events.

Then there is the scott
Brandy Dorsch
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler Alert*

First, I need to say thank you to Tyffani for getting the words and accent right. As I am reading this book, I am laughing my butt off because I can “hear” the Scotish accent in my head. I love that!

Poor Maggie! I know how horrible school must have been for her with being picked on. Beck seems like an awesome guy and he would have to be with all the accidents that Maggie has. I have read about klutzy people but she takes the cake.

I couldn’t figure out what was going on with Beck
Raven Reviewer
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adult audiences
Recommended to Raven by: author
Magda Canady meets her long-time boyfriend’s family in Scotland. Things heat up when she discovers a bully from her past and a stalker she didn’t know about.

The first thing that struck me about this book was the glossary. I saw this list of Scottish words and thought this couldn’t be good. What good book comes with its own glossary? I braced myself and began this anyway. Looking back, I have to admit that if I had a hard copy of the book, maybe I would have used the glossary. Since I did not hav
Christi Snow
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
A-, 4.25 rating

Without a doubt, I should have hated this book. There are all kinds of things happening in it that normally turn me right off a book, right up until the very end where I literally gasped. Not something that I normally like in my books...at all. BUT I loved this book. I fell in love with these characters. I loved the style the book was written in (I'll talk about that more in a minute). I loved the story...even while it tore me apart...throughout.

This book is about Magda,
Dianne
May 17, 2014 rated it liked it
GENRE: Second Chances; Cheating

LENGTH: 250 pages

MAIN CHARACTERS:
Magda Canady: Red-headed editor who goes to Scotland to visit her boyfriend, Beckman's, family. She soon finds out his twin is the same guy who tortured her in high school.
Beckman Young: Magda's boyfriend who loves her dearly
Harvey Young: Beckman's twin who has loved Magda/Maggie since he was a young boy and is now trying to hold back from loving her now
Caitalyn: Magda's sluty best friend who is also her wedding planner
Merida: Ha
Autumn
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Where shall we start. I think the beginning shall do. When you first open Shaggy Maggie you are met with a 3 page glossary of Scottish Lingo. While some of it was helpful it was also an oh feck what did I get myself into moment. Yeah I stayed for a few chapters. Then magically it started to flow for me.

Magda was a shaggy haired girl in high school. On the bus she was teased about it mercilessly by Harvey. Years later Magda finds herself dating and soon engaged to Harvey's twin brother (not iden
Sue Ellen Robertson
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book from this author that I have read and just from the books I have read she is a born natural author in any kind of book she puts her mind to write.

Shaggy Maggie was definitely a roller coaster in itself, the book kept me wanting to read it, needless to say I stay up all night because I couldn't put it down. The descriptions in this book were to the limit where you could almost imagine yourself in it and the things happening to you while it was happening to the main charac
Liz johnson
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.8 stars....An enjoyable story. Was slightly disconcerted when the characters spoke with deep Scottish accents, but I soon got into the swing of it.
I loved Harvey as a hero, rough and ready but sweet and sexy. Maggy was feisty. Beckman never told her he had a twin called Harvey who happened to be Maggy's long lost nemesis, both a figure of hate and secret love interest.
I got that she kind of fell in love with Beckman because he reminded her of Harvey (although she did not realise this at the ti
Taisheena Rayne
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I read this book in one sitting, I could not put it down. I love how Tyffani Clark Kemp describes what's going on it keeps you on your toes and immersed in the story.

I loved meeting Magda, the things that happen to her are so real to life that you can just see them happening, possibly to you. The deeper in the book you get the more real she becomes. Maggie is going to Scotland with her fiancé to meet the family for Christmas. Little did she know that her Christmas surprise leads her back to the
Tammy Hall
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever started down one path only to realize halfway down it may be the wrong path? Have you ever looked at a complete stranger and something in you is so sure you know them? No, well you may have feelings like this after reading Shaggy Maggie. Magda Canady stuggles with this and a severe case of clumsiness. Then throw in a psycho stalker and you have the making of a great story! As I turned each page I was never at a point of wanting to not read further. Tyffani Clark Kemp writing style ...more
Christine C
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really, really liked this book. It's a great mix of romance, spirit, conflict, and suspense.
But then, the epilogue happens. One paragraph, and I'm yelling out "no!!" as I realize there are no more pages.

I had originally given only 3 stars because of the ending, then I realized that the amount of emotion I felt was indication of great writing, so back to 4 stars. I'm sure I'll be reading the other books in this series.
Lynn Smith
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Magda she is such a combination of things. Never did warm up to Beck. He just seems so cold. I loved Harvey so I was cheering for him once I realized he was in love with Magda. The book has so many twists in turns in it, that it got a little confusing at times. I will try and wait patiently for the next book.
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shaggy Maggie is amazing.

With all the twists and turns and drama, the story is a great package. The characters are very well developed especially Magda and Harveys.

Once I started reading it I couldnt stop. The plot keeps your interest and makes you glue to it.

Simply love it.

≧◔◡◔≦ 5 ✰ read ≧◉◡◉≦

>>>ARC received in exchange for an honest review<<<
Dalene
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2014
First, I would like to thank the author Tyffani Clark Kemp for giving me this book for an honest review. This book is really good, the characters are well developed, Tyffani's writing style keeps you intrigued and wanting to keep going to find out what is going to happen next. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Deborah
Mar 19, 2014 rated it liked it
It was okay. Written in Scottish vernacular for some of the characters, it was a little difficult to read but got better as I became more accustomed to it. I really liked Harvey but never get a feel for his twin, Beckman.
Joy Whiteside
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable read. It had an interesting story that kept me interested from the very beginning, an interesting cast of characters and it moved along at a good pace. I am glad that I had the opportunity to experience this book.
Karla
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Lust, intrigue, betrayal... this book has it all. I'm anxious to read the next part of this saga and see where it leads.
Shirleen Miller
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I was very disappointed, this is supposed to be a first in a series. But it is like it is missing something. I felt like I just confused thru the whole book.
Jenene
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was the second book I read by Tyffani and it was a great read. It made me both laugh and cry. Shaggy Maggie is well written dark romance and includes love, family, and murder.
Tcoco
Apr 04, 2014
Cat
Mar 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Southern Rocker Boy (Southern Rockers, #1)
  • Zenith Falling (Zenith Trilogy, #1)
  • Wild Angel (Rock'n Tapestries, #2)
  • Dressed in White
  • The Opening Act Box Set (Lost in Oblivion, #0.5-1.5)
  • See You At The Show
  • A Missing Peace
  • Heavy Metal Heart (Demon Rock, #1)
  • Dark Deceit (Dark #1)
  • Jayde (Behind the Words, #2)
  • Trials (Rock Bottom, #2)
  • Rockers After Dark
  • Reforming the Rock Star (Head Over Heels, #2)
  • Rocked & Twisted Box Set (Lost in Oblivion, #1-2.5)
  • Your Exception
  • The Distant Shore (Stone, #1)
  • Landslide
  • Hard Body Rock (Body Rock, #1)
I am Tyffani Clark Kemp, multi-genre author and owner of SideStreet Cookie Publishing and its PNR imprint Moon Rose Books.
Follow her on instagram @tyffanickemp14, twitter @tyffanickemp, and facebook/authorclarkkemp

Shaggy Maggy Band (2 books)
  • Beckman's Bane (Shaggy Maggie Band #3)