Start by marking “Ennara and the Fallen Druid (Ennara, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ennara and the Fallen Druid (Ennara, #1)

Read Excerpt

Ennara and the Fallen Druid

(Ennara #1)

When a mysterious curse threatens to transform everyone into shadowy demons, a magical eleven year-old girl must travel to a sunken city ruin—fighting pirates, monsters, and an undead sorcerer along the way—to find a weapon that can save her world.

Please note that this story contains some dark elements. Recommended for ages 11 and above. Reviews greatly appreciated!
Paperback, First Edition, 174 pages
Published June 12th 2013 by Stardance Publishing (first published June 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ennara and the Fallen Druid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ennara and the Fallen Druid

Kris Thompson
3.5 stars...received book from Netgalley for honest review.

I got this book from Netgalley because my 9YO daughter was looking through the books with me and said she wanted to read Ennara. I was excited that she was showing an interest in something new, so I sent the request and received the book very quickly. My daughter was quick to grab the tablet and run into her room so she could read the book. Half way through the book she stopped reading it. She complained that the book was scaring her and
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
She's the heroine everyone's been waiting for. Ennara, the marked girl with magical powers, together with his best friend sidekick were in for an eventful and epic adventure when Wizard Tork took them. Bent on retrieving a magical object to save the world against Shadespawn, Ennara encountered characters that made her journey to the Sunken City an eye-opening one.

My kids flocked me while I read this book. I had to adjust my age while perusing this because this book is really intended for middle
Holly (Holly Hearts Books)
Ennara and The Fallen Druid immediately grabbed my attention in the first couple pages. It starts out very ominous, telling of a young girl named Ennara wondering the woods outside her farmhouse at night looking for her cow Misty when she is attacked by a shadowy creature. Yes! You have my attention!!

The book continued on with the same kind of flow and suspense. Maneuvering around all kinds of magical elements and venturing off into different locations throughout the book featuring unique charac
osoi
1. Если автор решает сделать самым умным и героическим персонажем КОТА – я всегда «за». Но Анджела, к сожалению, хоть и дала коту значительную фору, все же слила его в конце до уровня домашнего животного.

2. Все повествование следует за основной сюжетной линией, которая тут вообще одна – поиск артефакта для борьбы со злом. Детишки идут и что-то делают согласно плану, изредка переговариваясь. Любая мыслительная активность во время квеста сводится к диалогу:
– Давайте попробуем отпереть эту дверь!
Melissa Crismon
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imaginative! And captivating writing! I really felt Ennara’s fear as her mom tried to comfort her about leaving home for a little while. But then we become braver with her on her adventurous journey.
Kindle25

Well, I have a lot to say about this book.

For starters, I like how the story unfolded, the mystery and the shadowspawns...

But after their ship sank, everything went downhill as well.

1. Why did the cat join them, when they are not even close yet? It was never mentioned in the novel that they interacted at all, and then suddenly, they need to include the cat in their dinghy and their adventures?

2. I think it was a tad convenient that the cat can communicate to porpoises and ask for it to
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
FUN FUN FUN and ADVENTURE!!!!

I was given a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

While reading this book, you must do these things first:

>Broaden you imagination.
>Imagine that you are in a different world.
>Immerse yourself in the main character's world. She'll take you to many places!
>Imagine that you are a character in a game. I swear, this book feels like there should be a game

Onto the review:

This story revolves around a brave and very responsible girl named E
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Don't get me wrong because of my rating, I think Ennara and the Fallen Druid is a nice enough book for younger readers (middle grade). But for me, I didn't particularly liked it all that much.

I liked the world, the shadespawn and the three kids getting thrown together on an adventure but that's where my liking of it stopped. There were just a lot of things that didn't make sense to me. I'm not going to go into detail about it much because I don't want to give too much away.

The writing was okay.
Deborah Ross
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Middle Grade Fantasy Adventure Strikes the Perfect Tone
This reviews both Ennara and the Fallen Druid (Ennara, #1) and Ennara and the Book of Shadows (Ennara, #2)
Middle grade fiction stands apart from its younger and older (Young Adult) cousins in ways that go beyond the simple division by ages. Kids this age are just beginning to spread their wings, assert their independence and individuality, and test their limits. Friends help them define themselves and try out new behaviors and identities, a
Joan Roman Pavlick
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: kids, young at heart, fantasy dragon magic lovers
Recommended to Joan by: ABR
Shelves: fantasy, children-ya
Ennara’s story is a wonderful story by Angela Myron and listen that is narrated by Crystal Marcano. I find that this is a great long trip listen for the whole family. At 5 hours and 13 mins. This is great for those that love paranormal stories filled with wizards, witches and we cannot forget the dragon. The wait of each action scene is “Can Ennara do it?” “Can she get them out of this?” leaves the reader asking this throughout the book.

So wait! Getting ahead of myself! Angela Myron has all the
BookLoversLife
This was such a surprise because it's quite dark. We start by seeing Ennara on her way to bring her cow into the shed but when she gets there it's dark and she can't find the cow. She starts searching and ends up tripping on something slippy, when she falls she sees the bell, but no cow! Suddenly she sees movement and next thing she knows theres something on top of her. It's a thing of nightmares and something Ennara never thought were real. The Shadowspawn are things of legend. One bite or scra ...more
Jenn Leahy
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is C&P from my co-blog (bookntech.blogspot.com), where you can check out the full review. But this is the meat. Please enjoy, and keep in mind that I really think this is for a younger audience. (:

First: I wasn't given an age range (which is something I will be asking from now on), but given the content matter I did think it would be for an older audience. There is dark magic involved, and even the BBC show Merlin, which has dark magic in it, waited until its audience was older before
Elaine
I was lucky enough to receive an ecopy of this from the publishers via NetGalley in exchange for this, an honest review....

A fantastic fantasy story for that difficult 8 - 12 years old age group that can also be enjoyed by older readers, too. This story involves a young girl, Ennara, who knows she is someone special as she was born with a caul and has the mark denoting her potential magical ability tattooed on her wrist. He aunt has been teaching her magical theory, but Ennara has never had chan
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Ennara has to hide her identity as a child with magical abilities, because she would most likely be kidnapped, enslaved, and forced to use her magic to benefit evil masters. She wears gloves to cover the tattoos on her hands that mark her as a magic user, but her mentor, Tork, trains her in the use of white magic.
When a shadowy demon begins attacking her village, Ennara is sent on a quest with Tork to recover the only weapon that could defeat the shadows, the Sword of Gisilfrid. But the sword i
Jan Steele
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A few years ago, I read a book called "The Warded Man", and thought it was one of the most mystical and original books I had ever read.

Angela Myron has managed to bring an equally magical adventure to paper for the pre-teen reader.

One thing that I really like about young adult fiction is the way it grabs the reader quickly and pulls them right into the story. Young adult fiction gets right down to business, and for readers like me who require engagement from page one... it works.

Ennara is an 11
Lake Reviews
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Who wouldn’t enjoy a little mystery, magic, and adventure? I know I did in this book. It is a children’s/young adult though. But anyone could read it and want to continue on reading the series. If you are looking for a quick and easy to read this would work.

Ennara is a young girl that is a caul child. One that had been born in years. Caul  children are said to be very magical but she had never practiced magic before only been taught theory. Kithe is her best friend and will always be there for h
Anna (BooksandBookends)
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of the book by the book's publishers via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is an absolutely magic book and one that was even better than I originally anticipated! Ennara is an extremely special girl, born as a caul she always knew she was different. But just how special being a caul is has not yet been revealed to her, until now...

A story which will appeal to children aged around 8+ I would suggest, but it would definiely be enjoyed by readers who are older
Autumn
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 really---but so close why not call it a 5!

Great story. Fun for that awkward age of 8-12 where finding good, clean books is hard.

Angela Oliver
Apr 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a fun, if not extraordinary, read. Good characterisation, strong pacing, and decent plot.
Pop Bop
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Conventional Tale, But With Some Clever Twists and Nice Touches

For openers this book feels like it is going to be very predictable and undistinguished. A magical young girl with a mark on her hand that identifies her as special. A same age male sidekick who's funny and impulsive. They're taken away from their tiny village by a wizard in order to recover a magical object, hidden in a faraway place, because it is needed to defeat an invasion of evil shadowspawn. On a bad day, say when your car w
Ian Wood
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Ashley Ferguson
You can find this review and more at The A P Book Club!

*I received a copy of this book from Patchwork Press in exchange for an honest review*

First of all, I really love the cover for this book! I really like how it looks sketched but still very magical, and I like how Ennara is front and center but her two friends have her back. And there's just so much going on that relates to the book, and I definitely appreciate it all more now that I've read it.

Most of this book is a lot of fun - especially
Martina
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
'Ennara and the fallen druid' is a book written by Angela Myron and it's the first book of the Ennara series. I was lucky enough to get a digital copy of this book thanks to Patchwork Press and Netgalley, and now I would like to write an honest review to thank them.
I guess the targeted audience is children from 8/9 to 13/14 years old. That, of course, doesn't mean it can't be read by older readers, although I do believe younger readers might find it difficult.
Now, let's get on with the story:
Will Wortner
Mar 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Will’s winning character: Smoos- the adorable, overly large sea kitty

The 1-line Review:

A fun dungeon adventure for the 8-12 range.

The longer review:

Ennara and the Fallen Druid is the first in a series that holds a lot of potential. The characters and storyline are enjoyable and the story is well written. For an 8-12 year old this book will be a fun adventure. Battles with dungeon monsters and fun magic items found along a D&D like quest fuel this adventure. The end game being to save their l
Tracy
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
**I was provided with a copy of this by the publisher for review**

Ennara and the Fallen Druid is a fast paced MG (8-12yo) fantasy adventure. Myron has a carefully crafted, well-constructed story here with everything children this age bracket will probably want – action, adventure, wizards, dark magicians, magical creatures and dashes of humour. There is a great balance between description and action so that the world and story are easy to visualise while maintaining pace. This would be an excell
Ana
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

This review was originally posted on Read Me Away.

Ah, middle grade fantasy, I adore reading you. The stories aren't too long to become info dumps, nor do they tend to drag. The characters are young, and this book captures that change in attitude from a child whose world is pretty small, to an older character who learns how to take care of things. That's the main thing I liked about this book: the character development.

Oh, the characters! Ennara, our main girl, who gets responsibility heaped onto
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Ennara is a special girl, she was born into the world with the ability to use magic more powerful than other witches and wizards, however since she was little she has only practiced theory and history of her abilities. Now her homeland is threatened by creepy shadow creatures and she must join a wizard to retrieve a sword of power to fight these monsters.

I was pleasantly surprised by this book, Ennara has been on my Netgalley bookshelf for a long time and I kept trying to get through newer book
Rhonda
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

This is a fantasy novel with wizards, monsters, evil and a bunch of children that save there people. It is full of drama, danger, action, magic, adventure and brave friends that save each other on a quest. It is a clean story.

The characters are loveable. You want the main ones succeed and you want to cheer for them along the way.

Ennara Gaern is a eleven year old girl who was born with a gift. She has been trained in the principle of magic but never done it. It is said that one day she
Book Gannet
There’s a lot to like about this fantasy adventure of a young heroine born with special abilities, setting out to save the world. The pace is good, leaving very few boring moments, as Ennara first learns of the threat to her family and village, then faces up to the fact that she might be one of the few people alive who can do something about it.

Travelling with the wizard Tork and her best friend Kithe, Ennara’s journey is full of exciting peril as she tries to retrieve a legendary sword from a s
Steph
A fun little adventure in a magical world, Ennara and the Fallen Druid is a decent novel, despite its inconsistency.

Reading this book was a bit of a roller-coaster for me. In the beginning, I was turned off by the purple prose. The writing is way too flowery, and Myron seems to suffer from a fear of pronouns. After a while I got used to the writing, and it wasn’t so bothersome - but I doubt the average kid will have the patience and ability to get to that point. This is a children’s book, so sho
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Messed book info up, no longer listed as mine 3 22 Jul 18, 2016 05:03PM
Book Trailers - C...: The Ennara Series by Angela Myron 2 7 Jul 11, 2015 03:07PM
Book Trailers - C...: JUNE 2015 - POLL WINNER 5 37 Jun 27, 2015 10:29AM
Ask Angela Myron: Ask me something! 1 8 Jul 31, 2013 06:34AM
  • The Six (The Gateway Chronicles Book 1)
  • Clover's Luck (The Magical Animal Adoption Agency, #1)
  • The Last Enchanter  (Celestine Chronicles #2)
  • Protector of the Grove (The Bowl of Souls, #7 / Jharro Grove Saga, #2)
  • Trusted (Dragons' Trust, #1)
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • The Black Dragon: A Claire-Agon Dragon Book (Claire-Agon Dragon #3)
  • Reader and Educator Guide to "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"
  • Anni Moon & The Elemental Artifact
  • The Stone of Valhalla
  • Mason McQueen and the Gargoyle's Curse (book 1)
  • The Sorcerer’s Quest (The Sorcerer’s Saga, #1)
  • Sun Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #2)
  • How to Slay a Dragon (The Journals of Myrth, #1)
  • The Curse of the Thrax (Bloodsword Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Witches Protection Program
  • Dragon Fire
  • Aster Wood and the Lost Maps of Almara (Aster Wood, #1)
Angela Shelley lives in Southern California with her husband and twins. She grew up in the piney forests of southern British Columbia, studying tiny blue bells, dodging hidden cacti, and imagining fantasy worlds in her back yard. Angela studied biology and professional writing and went on to write grant proposals and software manuals before writing fiction. Angela’s first series, Ennara, won silve ...more

Ennara (2 books)
  • Ennara and the Book of Shadows (Ennara, #2)