Start by marking “Stormbringer (Weather Witch, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stormbringer (Weather Witch, #2)

Stormbringer

(Weather Witch #2)

The second book in the Weather Witch series in which Jordan Astrea learns of her true powers

Published January 14th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Stormbringer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stormbringer

Jessica (a GREAT read)
I received this ARC from the publishers via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, I was in no way compensated for this review. Note that this is based on the ARC and not the finished version.

Shannon Delany's Stormbringer is the second book in her new trilogy set in the steampunk world of the United States. I have to admit that I love these covers! I think they are so bright and brilliant, they are just simply stunning!

I had a bit of a rough patch with the first book in this trilogy and I a
Coner
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
IT WAS A GOOD BOOK VERY INTRERESTING BOOK
Shelley
*Genre* Steampunk
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

Stormbringer is the sequel to Weather Witch and pretty much picks up right where the previous story left off. Shannon Delany is a writer who takes her characters to every emotional situation you can think of and then pushes them even further than you can imagine. The world of the Weather Witch series is filled with steampunk, and dangerous creatures known as Merrow, and council members who truly believe that they are the only ones who can be allowed to d
Samantha
Mar 13, 2014 rated it liked it
"Jordan Astraea lives as practically a slave now as she is forced to train to be a Conductor. It doesn't help that she can barely understand her powers herself. Her only hope, Rowen, wants to rescue her, but he is forced to work on a ship as well. They will have to learn to fight their own battles if they want to brace the storm that is about to come." Full review at Fresh Fiction: http://freshfiction.com/review.php?id...
Veronica
Oct 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This was almost a 2 star book, due to certain events that happened that I did not care for at all and that I felt did not need to be in the book, but the fast pace and action toward the end brought it to a 3 star.
Ruthsic
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
In the intrigue-filled follow up to Weather Witch, Jordan Astraea, once a young Philadelphia lady of good social standing, is now in the final stages of her brutal training to become a Conductor—the Weather Witch who serves as a living battery to keep the massive airliner Artemesia aloft. Meanwhile, Rowen, determined to rescue her after losing his only other true friend and being wanted for murder, has found himself forced aboard a much different air vessel, this one manned by a dangerous crew a ...more
Nikki
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
My copy was provided by Netgalley.

Stormbringer is the sequel to Weather Witch and this book took place right after the first one. Jordan has come to terms that she is a Weather Witch, someone with the ability to control the weather, and she is training to become a Conductor. A Conductor helps keep air vessels up in the sky by manipulating the weather to keep the vessels afloat. Yet Jordan is a slave on the Artemesia and she just wants to go back home and be with Rowen.

Rowen can't accept that Jor
Chelsey Wolford
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
After reading the first book in this series back in June of last year, I was anxious and excited to find out that the second book was going to release rather quickly. This book picks up almost exactly where the last one left off, and I was very intrigued to continue this story in Delany’s world of magic, steampunk, and lots of adventure. Our heroine, Jordan Astraea, has recently landed herself in a bit of trouble, and not all by her own doing. On her birthday she was outed as a witch, which is n ...more
Frances
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I didn't get to read the first in the series before this one, as it was an ARC and my library doesn't have the first book. That said, the first few chapters were a bit confusing. It is not completely a stand-alone story. It was pretty easy to play catch-up and become familiar with the main voices of the book, though.

Reading in the author's acknowledgements, she said she wanted to make kids (teens, really) think, so I was a little hesitant, also. I read to get lost in something and be entertaine
Mary
Jordan is now being forced into the role as a conductor on the airship, Artemesia, while Rowen is now aboard a ship that conducts trade, not all of it above board. The pair, now separated, are both fighting for survival and Rowen has vowed to find Jordan once again and rescue her. The Artemesia has an assortment of passengers including the Maker, Bran and his daughter. Bran has been kidnapped by those in opposition to his creations and Wandering Wallace has ulterior motives as well. That little ...more
Ange (Libby Blog) Schmelzer
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jordan Astraea, once Fifth of the Nine until falsely found to be a Weather Witch on her seventeenth birthday, has now officially been Made! Something that should be completely impossible to do, but it has now come to pass and she has been handed over to the airliner Artemesia as their Conductor-in-training, a.k.a. their living battery until she burns out in about a year as the others before her she's replacing. Will Rowen be able to get to her in time now that he's found himself about a Pirate s ...more
Lígia Bellini
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. I'm a huge fan of Shannon and i really enjoy to read her books, but this one makes me feel a little bit frustrated, but at same time satisfied! The story is really interesting and the whole concept with steampunk, magic, witches and different creatures is reaaally cool! But the frustrating "thing", is that i was expecting to see Jordan become more powerful and fight back, against all the awful things that happened to her! And talking about that, i think it ...more
Misty Rayburn
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting a long time for the sequel to Weather Witch and now it’s here! We return to Shannon Delany’s intriguing world of steampunk with a hint of magic. We rejoin Jordan who is in a very bad spot and Rowan on his quest to save her after everything that happened in Weather Witch. If you haven’t read the first novel, you need to. You won’t understand much of what’s going on without it.

Stormbringer is dark and beautiful at the same time. I would use that description for both the world a
Regina Olmstead
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was a book I received from the Goodreads First-Reads Giveaway. It is an easy read and has about 310 pages. The second book in the Weather Witch Series. I liked the book. I don't like to tell the whole story in reviews because when I read a review I don't want to know everything about the book.

Jordan Astraea is the lead in the book and she is in training to become a Conducter/Weather Witch. It's a brutal training. Her friend Rowen is trying to rescue her but he has problems of his own. The b
Carolyn Keel
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads-wins
I received this through First Reads Giveaways, and it was just a lovely book. Just BEAUTIFUL! This steampunk world is not something I thought that I would be into it, but reading this... wow. I could just picture every scene from every page... There were some small spelling and continuity errors in the book, but still... the book was so amazingly beautiful that I was totally able to overlook those. I DEVOURED this book in a little over a day. I can't wait to read more by Ms. Delany.
Ivy
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As fun and ambitious as the first book. Jordan and Rowan's paths diverge on two different airships where one finds himself among revolutionary pirates and the other is further enslaved as the new witch powering her ship. The plot thickens as word of a prophecy about the Stormbringer, a powerful witch who will unite the magical and overturn the status quo.
Nichole
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This goodreads-first-reads book was great! I hope there are more to come. I really loved the characters, especially Jordan, and I was so mad that she had to go through so many awful things. I am excited to find out if she stays with Rowan, and how all of the witches fare now that their is no Maker. I highly recommend this book.
Janet
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was much less confusing than the first book in the series, because I understood the phrases that were used. It took some much darker turns than the first one, but had a reasonably pleasant ending however, knowing there is another book to come, I know this is not where it ends.
Foggygirl
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-read
A great read. An action packed story though at times fairly grim as it depicts the breaking down of a young woman's psyche through serious physical abuse and her society's complicity in it. I look forward to reading the third installment though.
Gail
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked the first book in this series much more than I did this one. This was ok, but it seemed a little confusing to me. I won this in a giveaway and I'm glad to have won it. The author did do a good job writing it. It could have been me, not the book.
Roark Anderson
Aug 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Be warned! This book has enough inappropriate content in it to make adults shudder. There is no way this is a YA book by any stretch of the imagination. Do NOT read this!!! Also not even a good story for all the horror you have to slog thorough. Worst of the 70+ books I read in 2014.
Lysa
Jan 14, 2014 marked it as to-read
Received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Angela Porter
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really love this series! Can not get enough of it.
Vilde
Jun 26, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: disclaimer
Read through netgalley.com
Brianne
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Won this book on first reads. Very excited. Will update review once received and read.
Lauren
Apr 30, 2015
Chris
rated it did not like it
Jul 03, 2013
Shadow
Nov 29, 2013
Chloe
Jan 04, 2014
Jonathan
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• Asleep (Fairytale Collection #2)
  • The Huaca
  • All Your Wishes (Blood Singer, #7)
  • Wild Children
  • Blood Rock (Skindancer, #2)
  • Reaper's Vow (Shadow Reapers, #2)
  • First Bite (Dark Wolf, #1)
  • These Are the Moments (The Moments Series, #2)
  • Burning Down the Spouse (Ex Trophy Wives #2)
  • City of Eternal Night (Crescent City, #2)
  • What Happens In Vegas...: Hot For You\Stripped\Red-Handed\The Deal
  • Black Dog (Hellhound Chronicles, #1)
  • Othermoon (Otherkin, #2)
  • The Seers (Holders #2)
  • Unbound (Time Hunters #2.5, Shifters Unbound #4.5, The Elementals #1.5)
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
  • The Gleaning (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #2)
  • Secret Unleashed (Secret McQueen, #6)
Shannon Delany's newest novel, WEATHER WITCH (St. Martin's Press) is already available for pre-order (which both stuns and delights Delany)!

Shannon Delany has written stories since she was a child. She began writing in earnest when her grandmother fell unexpectedly ill during a family vacation. In 2008 her greatly abbreviated version of 13 to Life (written in just five weeks) won the grand prize i

Weather Witch (3 books)
  • Weather Witch (Weather Witch, #1)
  • Thunderstruck (Weather Witch, #3)