Start by marking “Hope (Choices, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hope (Choices, #3)

Hope

(Choices #3)

She's the high school softball star. He's the fraternity chaplain.

He's the good guy. She's the wild child.

Eliza Nichols has a secret. After one night, one mistake, she throws away her softball career, walking away from everything she loves. Broken and damaged, the last thing she needs is someone making her question everything she knows.

No one has ever made her want to be s
280 pages
Published October 15th 2014 by Sydney Lane

To ask other readers questions about Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope

Vanessa
I think I loved Declan's story most of all...review to come with my tour date of 10/20.

**FULL REVIEW**

“I let her go. Hell, I practically told her to go to him. So, why does it feel like someone kicked me in the stomach every time I see them together? Every. Damn. Time.” –Declan

“He wants something he can’t have. Well, welcome to my world. Where things don’t come easy and dreams don’t come true. Where somebody else is in charge and the boogie man is real. I should know. I’ve met him.” –Liza

When
KathyAnne
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"When someone you love, someone you’d lay your life down for, gets lost in the dark, you follow them. Maybe you can’t be the light they need. Maybe you don’t even need the light. And maybe, just maybe, it’s enough to just be there in the darkness. Together.”

I.Loved.This.Book! Sydney Lane has life wisdom that comes shining through in her writing... it just speaks to me. I highlighted so many wonderful passages in this book. I am not a huge fan of New Adult Romance but this author does it right a
Irma
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Everytime I read one of Sydney's books I'm wondering why isn't she read by more bookworms?!

And everytime I read one of Sydney's books I'm blown away. I'm captivated by her stories, her writing style amazes me and I always fall in love with her characters. She is one of those authors who you can't help but to absorbe every word written.

Declan and Liza - two broken souls who found each other and made the firework.
Kaila Fitz
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yay, a good romance :)

“Forgiving isn't always something you do for the other person. Sometimes, forgiving is something you do for yourself. Forgiveness sets you free.”

Declan White is the fraternity chaplain, and a hot one at that. He's a 'nice guy', but he's had his heart broken, and we first meet him going through grief at the betrayal of his best friend. He can't get over the love for the girl he thought he once had but he must accept that perhaps it was never meant to be.

“Emotionless, I
Jennifer LaFon - Book Bitches Blog
*Review copy received from the author for an honest review*

5 “Declan White” Stars

Finally!!! I have been waiting for Declan’s story. As much as I love a bad boy like Brody, I also fell hard for Declan and his giving, patient, and heartwarming ways. My heart was broken for him in Choices, so naturally I needed to see him get his HEA. And that HEA comes in the form of a red boots and red lipstick wearing girl with a few issues….Yikes!!!

“It’s like a train wreck. I don’t want to watch, but I can’t he
Katie
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: multi-part-books
Really good book

I really liked this book. Great read great characters. I liked that the characters all made appearances in the book. I loved reading their stories. Would highly recommend
Novel Grounds
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hope
4 Stars|Amazon|Goodreads
Favorite Quote:  "One minute. Sixty seconds. It doesn't seem like a long time, just a blip on the radar of this journey called life, yet so many things can change in the blink of an eye. Love. Loss. Death. One minute can feel like a lifetime."

Like all the books in this series, Hope was fantastic. It grabbed your from the start and if you are anything like me, you wanted to see where Declan's story will take him. We got to see all of our old friend in this novel. I fe
Robin Morgan
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-own-books
In stories like these we usually find the guy the high school star and the girl being the sweet member of her group of girlfriends. However this time the girl, Eliza Nicholas, is carefree, overly enthusiastic star of her high school’s softball team; and the slightly older guy, Declan White, is the sweet innocent one, being the chaplain of his college fraternity.

Disgruntled due to a single blunder she made one night, Eliza feels so downhearted and marred that the only viable solution she sees lef
Whitney Mcgregor (A Literary Perusal)
Be Still My Heart... Declan is finally here!

I always fall for the wrong guy in a love triangle so I've been anxiously waiting for Declan to get his HEA. I couldn't be more pleased with how Sydney wrote his story.

Our sweet southern gentleman may have turned up the sexiness but she allowed his character to remain true. Declan is not a bad boy and I was glad his personality didn't change.

This is a dual POV with Declan and Eliza sharing their stories. Eliza is a pretty good heroine if not a bit cl
Sassy Southern
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't throw 5 stars around nilly willy, but this book deserves it! This story has a degree of religion in it but it works wonderfully. I have no problem with religion in stories but sometimes I can't really relate. I totally related to this story.

There are 5 stages of grief.

This was a wonderful story of self-doubt, self-worth, self-loathing, self re-discovery, healing, forgiveness. You are probably saying…"How is this a wonderful story?" Well it just is, you are going to have to read it.

Liz
Monica
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. Sydney is great at pulling you into the story where you feel you are the main character. Declan really is recovering from a broken heart. The way he explains his pain is beyond words. I was afraid that he was going to sound sappy or something like that but no. He really loved her. Yes time can help heal a broken heart but learning how to move on is what is most important.

Declan, being the good man that he was brought up to be surprised me. Then there is Eliza, I loved h
Buffer
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
I admit I've made a mistake in choosing to read this book, I am clearly not the targeted audience. I am not against YA/NA books, but I guess I'm really not into this "glorious brokenness" sh*t. And I'm so tired of this running-scared-I'm-so-fearful-to-love-I-don't-deserve-it bullshit (Sorry for sounding so harsh). It wasn't until almost 80% of the book that Liza started to pick up her life, and by then I was barely hanging on by a thread already. And I'm also so not digging the writing style. It ...more
Sharing My
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I fell for Declan in Choices, and looked forward to his happy ending. From the moment Declan and Liza met, there was instant chemistry between them. It was entertaining to watch them fight their attraction for each other. Declan still had feelings for Quincy, and Liza had been hurt in the past and was very cautious getting into a relationship. I loved seeing a different side of Declan, a naughty side.He knew Liza needed someone who knew what they wanted and went for it, withou ...more
Michael Burhans
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
the latest book in the Choices series, and in my opinion the best. Declan's story, and it really fleshes him out as a person. you also get to me Liza. Ah Liza. She has enshrined herself on my list of best book girlfriends. Her story is amazing, deeply emotional, and totally real. One of those characters drawn so perfectly, you feel you actually know her as a real person.

Those of you who follow my reviews know I do not EVER give away plot points, and that is hard becasue there is so much to say
Dimaris rossy
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perfect story for Dec! And OMG i finished the book fealing so happy for all the characters! The thing about this author is that she always finds a way of teaching, making you see what is important and touching subjects that really need attention making you enjoy the journey.

I love how the main character deals with every situation thrown at him. His patience. And the difference in every characters attitude towards life, makes the story fresh. And Seth makes it so much fun! Really enjoyed reading
Angie Merriam
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***Received ARC for honest review***

I was lucky enough to read and review both Choices and Fate and absolutely loved both of those books. I am happy to say I love Hope just as much. I believed Quincy and Brody belonged together from the beginning (I like bad boys) but wanted to just hug and hold Declan. I loved his story and was happy to see him find love. Something about this author's writing draws me in and keeps me reading. She had a way of grabbing hold of my heart with Choices and Fate, Hop
Crystal
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I never expected to get caught up in this series, but totally did. All the characters are great, makes me want to be right there with them as they go through their shenanigans. Was good to see that the nice guy finally found his girl!

Favorite quote:
"The other part of loving someone is being faithful. You wait for them, give them time. You give them everything, even when they can't offer anything. Something for nothing."
Jennifer Rose
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gifted this series for an honest review: Five stars isn't enough in my opinion!
This series so far is the best I've read to date.
Books 1-4 have been amazing, I'm loving the plots, the characters are fabulous as individuals but paired off and brought together as a group they are phenomenal!!! They make me wish for my college years back again!
Can't wait for book #5 Seth's story!

Bravo Sydney
Shann
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was afraid it would Declan's pov during the midst of the triangle. I was hurt for him in the first books already. I was pleasantly surprised. I liked him even more in this book. The characters are written perfectly. I love how the author's epilogues in her books aren't just the immediate future. You aren't left wondering what will happen down the road!
Celine
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Declan was adorable. He's really a nice guy through and through, but there's also that bad boy coming from him. It took Eliza knocking him off his feet to make him move on that way.

I was a bit hesitant that Declan's feelings for Brody's girl would be a big issue, but it wasn't. It's been pretty clear that Eliza is the girl for Declan.

I admire Eliza's strength.
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hope is the fourth installment in the Choices series by Sydney Lane. Loved the storyline and the twists and turns that had me hooked from beginning to end. The characters had tons of depth, emotion and chemistry. Sydney did a fabulous job of creating a storyline that reached out and tugged at your heart strings. A very great read that I would highly recommend.
Kathy
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Declan's story was excellent. I loved that Liza was bad and broken, and I loved that Declan finally got it and was able to make peace with Quincy and Brody again. For me this was my favorite of the series so far.
Heather
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It was easily the best in the series. I can't wait for the next one!
Dawn Trepczyk
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story was absolutely amazing. This is Declan and Liza's story. Dec is the good guy. Liza is the bad girl. Do opposites attract? I guess you will need to read this to find out what happens.
SyLvIa
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-read
so-so book, think its too freaking long-winded. at about 3/4 of the book, i was feeling sleepy already. just wanna finish reading it asap.
The Modest Verge
Oct 19, 2014
Valeria
Jun 10, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Katherine in Gold (The Beachy Bride, #2)
  • Lean on Me (Take My Hand, #3)
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Vipers Den: Part One Piper & Kade (Viper's Den, #1)
  • His (Hers, #4)
  • You're the Only One
  • Pressure Point (Point, #2)
  • Captive Films: Season 2 (Captive Films, #2)
  • Behind the Lens (Sexy #1)
  • Curve
  • Breaking Skin
  • Lie To Me (Sexual Misconduct #3)
  • Twisted Souls (Twisted, #1)
  • Cowboy Lust (Bakersville Saga, #3 & #4)
  • Porter (Dick Dynasty Trilogy, #1)
  • Forgiving Gia (Rocker, #2)
  • Broken Road (Back to Brooklyn, #3)
  • Scarred
Sydney Lane lives in Nashville, TN with her family. Growing up in Smalltown, USA, Sydney dreamed of being a writer. After spending an outrageous amount of money to go to college, Sydney finally decided to follow her heart. Her debut, Choices, was an Amazon Top 100 Coming of Age novel. Sydney is very active in charity work for anti-bullying and depression awareness groups.

Choices (4 books)