Start by marking “Resist (Songs of Submission, #6)” as Want to Read:
Resist (Songs of Submission, #6)

Resist

(Songs of Submission #6)

The story of Jonathan Drazen and Monica Faulkner continues.

And it's time Monica stepped up to the plate.

I looked down at him, with his tourmaline eyes and copper hair and believed him despite my better judgment. Then I forgave him despite my misgivings. I loved him just because I did. My heart wasn’t sensible or guarded enough. Not by a sight.

I was a walking raw nerve end
Published August 7th 2013 by Flip City Media Inc. (first published August 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Resist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resist

Reasonable Doubt by Whitney G.Reasonable Doubt by Whitney G.Reasonable Doubt by Whitney G.Beg Tease Submit by C.D. ReissBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Serial Novels We Love
882 books — 747 voters
Beg by C.D. ReissThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberMasters at Arms by Kallypso MastersFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesMermen by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
MUST READ INDIES
2,083 books — 1,996 voters

More lists with this book...

"That's All" Ash
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So.

I’m doing something I’ve never done before.

I’m giving a portfolio-review.

Preview style. ;)

photo 144a66aa5951bf1637b8ad38ec3ae855.jpg
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo ReissResist6TitlebySueBee_zpscc2a8220.jpg
 photo fassbender11bysb_zps075be831.gif
★★★★★! RESIST, part 6 of 7.5. The continuation of playboy & mogul Jonathan Drazen’s seduction of aspiring singer Monica Faulkner!

“I feel like no one’s ever loved me before.”
“I’m sure they did their best, but you always belonged to me.”

Songs of Submission is the whirlwind saga of aspiring singer Monica Faulkner and hotelier and real estate magnate Jonathan Drazen. Books/novellas should be read in order:
Book 1: Beg
Book 2: Tease
Book 3: Submit
Book 3.5: Jessica & Sharon
Book 4: Con
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*FULL, SPOILER FREE REVIEW (except direct quotes)

photo image_zps05dc02c1.jpg

photo image_zps42efea17.jpg

Are there the right words to describe my reaction to this latest instalment in the Songs of Submission series?.........

Are there words to describe the feelings that were stirred inside of me when devouring this highly erotic and highly addictive story?................

Are there words to describe how much of an urge I have to change my name to Monica, move to LA, and start drinking a lot more tea!!!!!!

Ok well to start with here are two words..
Sophia Triad
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is amazing!

The last thing that happened in the previous book, “Burn”, was Jonathan being pulled away at the airport by the police. Bewildered Monica was also taken for questioning. Almost immediately we realise that Jessica has twisted things and she accuses Jonathan for behaving inappropriately – although she asked for it.

Monica wants to believe Jonathan. Jonathan does not want to explain. And he just wants to play.
So, they fight. And play. And fight. And play.

Monica wants to help J
C.D. Reiss
May 11, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
On schedule for an August 7 release.
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: buddy-reads, ebooks
5 Can't Resist Jonathan Stars!

"The truth is that I love you. The rest is unnecessary complication."

photo Moldiv_1389487273731_zpskgstadmq.jpg

As always, things between Monica and Jonathan are HOT!! It seems that they have come so far in their relationship but Jonathan is still holding back the secrets of his past. If he tells her, he is afraid she is going to run away from him.....again. He can't stand the thought of ever being without her.

"It’s all I want. We are bound. I can’t be unfaithful to you any more than the sky can be un
Mo
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it

"God," he said, "I have to have you."
"Take me. Own me. Use me. Pick a verb. Just please."
"Fuck you. I'm going to fuck you. That's my verb."

This one leads us to the conclusion of this series. I liked it but halfway though I just thought it got a little bit repetitive. It dragged a bit. I still love Jonathan and Monica and the ending … Wow, what is going to happen next?

"Was there anyone before you?"
"You might have thought so at the time."
"I feel like no one’s ever loved me before."
"I’m sure
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
"I am the owner and ruler of my mind.
I keep my own counsel. I decide how I feel.
I answer to no one."

"You're mine. No matter what happens.
Your pleasure and pain. Your skin. Your lips.(view spoiler)

“His body, any part of it, is to give me pleasure and pain.”

With each book the writing and the story becomes more intense.... And the sexy, erotic, BDSM loveliness continues.... It's divine ♥

“May I come, Sir?” I asked in a breath.
Maybe,” he whispered.

Resist is a sligh
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: CD Reiss Fans, Erotic, Romance
5 Stars
*****
This was a great lead up to the conclusion of the Songs of Submission Series. Lots of questions were answered and other situations left open for the last part.

The "cliffy" was perfect. Little hints were given throughout the book that one would recognized after reading... which is the best; showing the writer's craft on always being in control without being obvious or trying to hard.

Authors take note... this is how you write a compelling, story driven, impactful character series. I
Shurrn
I cannot handle the cliffhanger on this one!

Months ago, I’d been flying, my own buzz filling my ears, with a destination in mind but a path not mapped. I had a job and friends and hope. One night, I spilled a drink. I touched a man’s hand, and I let him kiss me on the hood of his car. Some time after, I don’t know when, I fell into a web of lies and deceit. The harder I struggled, the more trapped I became. But who was the spider? Was it Jonathan? Or Jessica? And how could I get out of their
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 You will never be able to resist Jonathan stars

"Was there anyone before you?"
"You might have thought so at the time."
"I feel like no one’s ever loved me before."
"I’m sure they did their best, but you always belonged to me."

What can I tell you about a book that starts out with this:
FAIR WARNING Massive Cliffhanger at the end
I can tell you that that warning is not messing around! Holy mother of cliffhangers! I am barely holding my shit together here. The only thing saving me from going comp
 ♥  Barb ♥
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing

"I'd wanted to fuck him as much as I wanted to resist."

photo SOSresist10_zpseadc0c93.jpg

photo SOSresist9_zpsa0b3fb78.jpg

"Your body won't deny what your mind fights."

photo SOSresist1_zpsaa6d8c42.jpg

"Being with you is all I can think about. It's all I want. We are bound.

photo SOSresist6_zps41534066.jpg

"You have to trust me. I committed to you. That means something."

photo SOSresist4_zpsf6c5c327.jpg

photo SOSresist2_zps187c0726.jpg

"You're mine. No matter what happens. Your pleasure and pain. Your skin. Your lips. Your cunt."

"You own me. I am yours. My king."

"You're not fucking my decision out of me."

He kept me immobile with his teeth, fingers, and tongue, licking and suckin
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

OMFG! I'm losing my shit here! CD Reiss, you're a sadist!

I know, I know, you warned me about your mother of a cliffhanger but seriously? We are all masochists here! Will that stop us? That's why we read your stuff with bated breath, holding onto every word.....damn.

So, reading that last sentence? Um.....

CD Reiss..... Now,

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Understand!? Now that I've got that off my chest......*deep breath for courage*

The continuing saga of Jonathan and Monica. Jonathan still has secrets...secrets he's
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Again, with the crazy ending in the last book, things are not in a good place. Monica finds out the reason and she is not a happy camper to say the least.

Monica's not one to stand around and I don't blame her...she deserves to get some answers! Obviously, Jonathan knows that and does everything in his power to thwart any plans Monica makes...and it's no easy task. Fortunately, Monica rises to the challenge.

And thank goodness she did. She was able to get some much needed information that helps o
Michelle
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
ARC provided by author.

What can be said that hasn't already been said about just how brilliant this series is? I know a few of you haven't started reading this yet, you are seriously missing out. Not only is this a highly erotic series but it is beautifully written; with an amazing story that is still unfolding. For those interested in the series I have added the reading order to the bottom of the review. The supplemental stories may not be required reading, but after reading Resist, I would say
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 photo tumblr_lqg3o74yE91qcy0aa_zpsb1526a4d.gifStars

I was warned about a MASSIVE cliffy but it really was shocking. The only redemption was I had the next book that was immediately opened and devoured. But that's the next review....so back to Resist.

Right then, I wanted to fuck him as much as I wanted to RESIST. I'd longed for him for two days, hovering somewhere between rage and panic. (I love how CD incorporates the titles of her books in the first chapter somewhere)

Monica
 photo monica-resist_zps5344f23e.jpg

photo resist2_zps0a7f33db.jpg

Jonathan
 photo jonathan-resist_zps4c5f5000.jpg

Can you Trust enough so that you don't Resist? Jona
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

3.5 stars...

I know I've been doing really short reviews for this series but I didn't want to give anything away since these are novellas.

This book however I am going to say a few things....

1) Jonathan is still fuckalicious
2) HOW the HELL can Monica take so much fucking ? Seriously it's really really not normal. Surely she's bound to get some sort of infection with so many fingers up her cake or Jonathan's mouth or his fingers in her ass then her cake!!
I feel like saying: " woman when you cann
Jen
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jen by: Suebee
Just when I thought there was no way C.D. Reiss could make this series any better than it already is; she blows me out of the water with "Resist." This is book #6 in the sexy series, "Songs of Submission."

Jonathon and Monica turn up the heat more than a few notches with their explosive and primal sexual encounters. Jonathon becomes even more dominant and possessive of his Goddess, and he shows her more than a few times who she belongs too. I loved every minute of it!! It is not for the faint of
~IreneOust~
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4d

What can I say other than this is yet another winner from Ms Reiss!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#reviewtocomeafterifinishprocessingwhatjusthappened

*** ARC kindly provided by the author.
~ Becs ~
This series really is a bit like literary heroin for me – I’m not sure it’s entirely good for me, I worry for these characters constantly as CD Reiss piles on the agony, but I am like an addict looking for her next fix. I HAVE to know what’s coming next and, oh boy, do we get left with a mother of a cliffhanger at the end of this one. I need Book 7 STAT and it hasn’t event got a name yet. Sure hope you’re writing real fast Ms Reiss!!

He shifted closer to me and spoke in a whisper. “I’m taking yo
NinaReader
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
More off the charts sexual encounters.

More ex wife drama.

More trying to break up and getting back together.

More secrets revealed.

Just more of really everything that's lead up to this point.

I wasn't sure where Monica was going with trying to talk to Jessica and I was with Jonathan and that I didn't think it was a good idea but I gotta say that I thought it was pretty clever of her to grab that phone and get that recording.

And yes even though, Jonathan did try to protect Monica from himself, they
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
4 Stars
(BR with Melissa)

Jessica causes havoc in this installment.
Setting Jonathan up in order to to get her bank account filled with his money again.
Finally in the last book he confesses his true feelings for Monica and we're almost about to float away on cloud nine, but then Jonathan gets arrested!!!! Thanks Jessica...you bitch!!! LOL

photo image_zpsf29f9265.jpg

We still get some pretty hot, panty melting sex in this one and the Jonathan we have all come to love.

"You matter. We matter. I haven't touched another woman si
⚜️Charlotte⚜️
4.5 smokin HOT stars!

WOW..... Holy cliff hanger..... ;)

"Sing" Next....
❤️ Diana ❤️
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, bdsm, cdr-books
So the story of Jonathan and Monica continues. Resist picks up where we left off. We know exactly what Jonathan was arrested for, who pressed the charges and what proof that Bitch had. The question of why is still open for discussion. So begins this cat and mouse chase between Monica and Jessica. Jessica wants to meet with Monica to share what she knows (AKA shock Monica and get more ammunition against Jonathan) and Monica of course wants to, she thinks she can help Jonathan by meeting with Jess ...more
Silvana
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I BOUGHT THE BOOK, INHALED IT AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF READING IT!!

Before I start my review, I will let Mr Jonathan Drazen himself describe what Resist and Mr Drazen did to me while I was reading :

description

This series has easily become one of my favorite. I’m completely hooked, love the interaction between the two main characters, their chemistry, banter and sizzling sex scenes!!

In Resist, book 6 and second last book of the series, we finally see Jonathan bared and open, we know everything there is to
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
*****5 WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED? STARS*****

This is the 6th book in the novella series Songs of Submission

Oh no - Oh no - Oh no.....NO FREAKING WAY!!! Don't leave me hanging like this.....

This is the book where we finally learn EVERYTHING about Jonathan - about his past - about his lies and cover-ups and you know what????.......Jonathan freakin' rocks!!

He doesn't think he deserves Monica and blames himself for so much that has happened and believes that every woman he ever cared about was dest
~Melissa~
Apr 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-own
Couldn't decide between 2-3. Both of them just really got on my nerves throughout this one. Only good thing is the shit hitting the fan for Jessica
Lorie
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
IT’S A DAMN SHAME…………

…………… this author isn’t a millionaire let alone signed by a publisher!!!!

ATTENTION PUBLISHERS!!! LISTEN UP!!!! There is a virtual cash cow sitting here! She’s brilliant. She’s THE NEXT BIG THING. She’s right under your nose. You don't even see her. And, it’s a damn shame.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My feelings about this series haven’t changes since the first book……..

BRILLIANT.BRILLIANT.BRILLIANT.BRILLIANT.

GENIUS . GENIUS . GENIUS . GENIUS .

FABULOUS . FABULO
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
(BR With Patty)

I love Jonathan more with every book! He is the total package & what I would give to "play" with him! He has such an adorable sense of humor! I just love how he is with Monica & all their cute banter back and forth. Their relationship becomes so much more solid in this book. They are finally really a couple and have admitted their feelings for each other and are committed to one another. I was so happy to see the strength and trust in their relationship grow. Monica really
~ Cariad ~
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
SERIOUSLY!!... 4.5 "A MOTHER FUCKING CLIFFY TO END THEM ALL" stars from me!!

Other than that, I loved it!!! It makes me feel like this...
description I wish!! Lol
Put 10 (cover hidden) books in front of me and within 3 minutes of each I will spot the CDR! Her distinct style shines through so quickly that even months after the last book I was straight back into this one!

I'm not sure why I thought it was the last one??? But that cliffy surprised the fuck out of me! I loved the longer length and the hot bits!
C.D.'s Canaries: Resist 91 158 Mar 06, 2015 07:30PM
Resist is out! 1 29 Aug 07, 2013 01:12PM

• Do Us Part (The Dumont Diaries, #4)
  • The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)
  • The Last Good Night (The Last Good Knight, #5)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Three (Red & Wolfe, #3)
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Consumed (Keeping her in the Dark, #2)
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Brie Surrenders her Heart (After Graduation, #8)
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 4 "Poisoned" (My Masters' Nightmare, #4)
  • Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden, #2)
  • Status (Social Media, #4)
CD Reiss is a New York Times bestselling author. She still has to chop wood and carry water, which was buried in the fine print. Her lawyer is working it out with God but in the meantime, if you call and she doesn't pick up she's at the well hauling buckets.

Born in New York City, she moved to Hollywood, California to get her master's degree in screenwriting from USC. In case you want to know, that

Songs of Submission (9 books)
  • Beg (Songs of Submission, #1)
  • Tease (Songs of Submission, #2)
  • Submit (Songs of Submission, #3)
  • Control (Songs of Submission, #4)
  • Burn (Songs of Submission, #5)
  • Sing (Songs of Submission, #7)
  • Dominance (Songs of Submission, #8; Songs of Dominance, #1-4)
  • Coda (Songs of Submission, #9)
“God,' he said, 'I have to have you.'
'Take me. Own me. Use me. Pick a verb. Just please.'
'Fuck you. I'm going to fuck you. That's my verb.”
125 likes
“Was there anyone before you?

You might have thought so at the the time.

I feel like no one's ever loved me before.

I'm sure they did their best, but you always belonged to me.”
59 likes