Start by marking “Burn (Songs of Submission, #5)” as Want to Read:
Burn (Songs of Submission, #5)

Burn

(Songs of Submission #5)

Here's how it's going to be, Goddess.

Until you surrender yourself to me fully, I will not touch you.

Until the world can know you belong to me, I will not kiss you.

Published June 4th 2013 by Flip City Media Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Burn, please sign up.
Sarah (High Lady of the Night Court) Absolutely! It most likely wont make any sense and you won't get the full effect either. But the first 4 are so quick and short you can just fly…moreAbsolutely! It most likely wont make any sense and you won't get the full effect either. But the first 4 are so quick and short you can just fly through them!(less)
Reasonable Doubt by Whitney G.Reasonable Doubt by Whitney G.Reasonable Doubt by Whitney G.Beg Tease Submit by C.D. ReissBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Serial Novels We Love
872 books — 745 voters
Beg by C.D. ReissThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberMasters at Arms by Kallypso MastersMermen by Mimi Jean PamfiloffFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
MUST READ INDIES
1,895 books — 1,957 voters

More lists with this book...

"That's All" Ash
 photo e04291631925ecfe4deb3e9e390f6b1c.jpg

Dark. ♦ Erotic. ♦ Raw. ♦ Infatuating. ♦ Sexy. ♦ Disturbing. ♦ Edgy. ♦ Sinful. ♦ Enigmatic. ♦ Addictive. ♦ Sensual. ♦ Stimulating. ♦ Maddening. ♦ Frenzied. ♦ Beautiful. ♦ Chilling. ♦ Provocative. ♦ Haunting. ♦ Electrifying. Intense. ♦ Intimate.

photo download-4.png

She tried to walk away from him.

He knew she would.

He also knew that she’d come back.

And she did.

But Jonathan doesn’t play games.

Not before he shows her how to play, that is.

photo 0c8582a606fb8b4be15c118d2e708191.jpg

♦ She begged him.

He teased her. ♦

♦ She submitted.

He controlled
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing

FULL SPOILER FREE REVIEW.... (except quotes)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

OMFG.......Jonathan you have ruined me for all my other book boyfriends......

This was such a hard review to write because firstly I've been left almost speechless by how freakin awesome this book was, and secondly I like to ensure my reviews are all spoiler free so I don't ruin any part of this amazing series for other readers.

So with that in mind I think it's fair to say I was more than a little impatient to get my hands on this instalment. But I was
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars

It's been a while since I last sank my teeth into the Songs of Submission series, for some reason I stopped in the middle and didn't pick it up. Well, I'm baaaacccckkkkk and loving Jonathon and all of his domineering and stalkerish ways (that just seem to work in this series).

So if you haven't read this series there will be mild spoilers. If you have... well you already know lol.

Burn is about Mon
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo ReissBurn5TitlebySueBee_zpsf1623bfa.jpg
 photo bowtiebysb_zps1edd94df.gif
★★★★★! BURN, part 5 of 7.5. The continuation of playboy & mogul Jonathan Drazen’s seduction of aspiring singer Monica Faulkner!

“When do we start?”
“Give me a minute to change from vanilla guy to kinky guy.”

Songs of Submission is the whirlwind saga of aspiring singer Monica Faulkner and hotelier and real estate magnate Jonathan Drazen. Books/novellas should be read in order:
Book 1: Beg
Book 5: Burn
Book 5.5: Rachel
Sophia Triad
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I’m going to tie you down and take every part of your body until I’m satisfied. It will hurt, goddess, and you will beg for more.”
“Promise?”
“You’re not scared?”
“Actually, I’m kind of really turned on.”

Me, fanning myself furiously

Can I just say one more time that this series is one of the best erotica I have ever read?

This book has everything:
desperation - Jonathan and Monica want to be together, but they are too proud and too scared.
delayed fulfilment and denied orgasms - For the majority of
 ♥  Barb ♥
5... SEXY Jonathan stars

photo SOSburn5_zps0abedaa1.jpg

"Talking is not going to fix this.....
neither is fucking."

photo SOSburn8_zps1e073c44.jpg

This is Book 5 in the Songs of Submission series.....WOWZA!
What can I say that hasn't already been said?? The pictures speak for themselves...right? loving this series ALOT! xx

photo SOSburn3_zps5286e7d0.jpg

"I can’t fuck a commitment out of you. That’ll be worthless. I have to have your heart, Monica. The real thing. Without fear.”

photo SOSburn2_zpsb17b11ec.jpg

photo SOSburn1_zpscda0eb43.jpg

“When this ice cube
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Spoiler free review, apart from direct quotes

"I was a patient man. I could wait...."

".....But he stood still."

The plot thickens....

They struggle with what they want and what they think they should do...

"....my life, my career, my work."

....And Jonathan gets more and more delicious…... Is that possible??? Oh yes!! It is!!!

"Jonathan...... my king." ♥

Burn gave me flutters in my heart, goosebumps on my skin... Lurches in my stomach.... What. Would. Happen????

The sexting!!! Wow, wow, wow!!!
~IreneOust~
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book/series that I (and so many others) haven't said already ...

Is it brilliant??

You bet!

Is it sexy??

Abso-fucking-lutely!

Does it get better with each book??

I don't know how C.D. manages to do so but it sure does!!

The story of Jonathan and Monica continues. This time they invaded my homeland, a.k.a. Canada (EH??), so how can I NOT like this instalment??

All kidding aside though, in Burn we learn things such as Kevin is not only a creep but a giant douchbag as well. If t
Duchess Nicole
This one fell a bit flat for me. I think the gist of my thoughts is that the series feels a bit directionless. There is a lot happening, but I don't see they WHY of it all. The story with Kevin and his weird little sick obsession should be getting more attention, I would think. And the fact that Jonathan is allowing Monica to work with him still...and not telling her things that she should really know about sort of blows my mind. (view spoiler) ...more
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

He was the last thing I needed. He was trouble. Six feet two inches of life-damaging trouble in a sweet, tempting motherfucking devil of a package.

These books!

(see what I did there? LOL!)

The writing

Jonathan

When this ice cube melts, I’m going to make love to you so slow, everyone in this hotel is going to know my name. It won’t be play. It’s going to be dead serious." "Okay."
"Then it’s playtime. I’m going to tie you down and take every part of your body until I’m satisfied. It will hurt, go
Shurrn
The fifth book in the Songs of Submission Series adds an extra helping of angst and sexual tension to complicate an already emotional tug-of-war between Jonathan & Monica.

(Beware of vulgar language & Spoilers if you haven't read the previous books in the series)

Two weeks after Monica walks out on Jonathan to save her career & social standing, both parties are going crazy without each other...
Darren is having a bit of an existential meltdown of his own...
Monica is being pressured into
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Wow, that one really ended with a bang!! Jessica, I still hate you!

Anyway, on to the things I loved about this book....EVERYTHING ELSE!

photo Moldiv_1388065105699_zpsplvmkkcy.jpg

Monica is struggling with her potential fame and becoming "Bondage Girl" because of the song she has written. She doesn't want to be the image of submissive females so she has steered clear of Jonathan for two weeks after she walked away from him.

Jonathan wants her back and needs to convince her to be with him. He wants a full commitment with her and he promise
❥Lil
*****5 "Sea and sky" stars*****

March 2014 re-read and still brilliant!

photo 63351cce-7ba2-40e4-bb12-8e41f88d46e7_zps10f9a743.jpg

Original review:

This is the best part of the series so far, IMO. It gets better and better and I'm sure this will not stop.

photo burn_zpsdf3d9554.jpg
Monica almost burned it all to ashes in this installment.

I cannot say much about what happens in Burn without spoiling it.
So, I will say some general things about the characters. What I love about Jonathan is that even though he has an apparently dark past and baggage (who doesn't?), he is playful, has
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Jonathan is a known kinky dominant. His ex wife made sure to make the world know his sexual ways are anything but vanilla. He draws something out of Monica that she craves but does she want a life with that stigma? Does she want to be labelled Bondage Girl in her budding music career? She wants to write her music and sing it her way, not influenced by Jonathan's reputation. How can she have both? Maybe she can't......

Gah! This installment was the most fidgety for me. Jonathan wants Monica to c
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
With how the last book ended, this book doesn't exactly start off happy. Both Monica and Jonathan are feeling the effects of what they have done. It was really interesting to see how much they swayed back and forth.

Jonathan very much tries to stay in control but (again) so thankful to get his POV and to be able to see how he really feels.

Jessica is still causing problems. I was shocked at what happened...I guess all that pent up anger? You just know this is going to come back and bite him in t
Mo
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it

Here's how it's going to be, Goddess.

Until you surrender yourself to me fully, I will not touch you.

Until the world can know you belong to me, I will not kiss you.

I'm going to be inches away, at your side. I'm going to whisper in your ear and put my breath on your neck, but the heat of my skin will not feel the shudder of yours until you commit yourself to me completely and without reservation.

“When I met you, I thought you were an asshole.”
He smiled. “You did not.”
“I did. A gorgeous asshole.
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
b>5 flames banner photo: flames banner flames.gifStars

It's been 2 weeks since Monica has left Jonathan and it's not easy.
I wanted to exorcise him through music but I feared I was doing nothing more than keeping the BURN in my belly alive.
 photo image_zpsb2420ee1.jpg

photo image_zpsaaf3bccf.jpg

Monica
 photo Monica-burn_zps29787acf.jpg

Jonathan
 photo jonathan-burn1_zpsdbe72b56.jpg

photo image_zpse0a83e68.jpg

photo image_zps917a3d56.jpg

Jonathan once again comes to Monica's rescue. They are at least talking and opening up, exposing their fears, vulnerabilities, desires, and passion. As they are working their way bac
~ Becs ~
 photo drazenquotey_zps11fa2540.jpg

I told my love, I told my love,

I told her all my heart,

Trembling, cold, in ghastly fears—

Ah, she doth depart.

I really enjoyed this one. To date, I think this is my favourite ‘episode’ from the Songs of Submission. We have got to know Monica and Jonathan so well by now and the series is fully in its stride. There’s so much emotional pain going on in Burn, a mutual heartrending longing for one other that pleases me greatly, There’s a part of me that is never happier when book characters are suff
Anja
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it

What we have isn’t something we made.
It’s something that existed before we even met.”

...ALL MY...

..GONE...
Jen
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is turning out to be one of my favorite series! The sex is off the charts HOT, kinky, and adventurous!! Jonathon and Monica are a couple who I adore! I love how they have such an intensity about them when they are together; but even with that they can turn around and laugh together! To me, that is the ultimate kind of relationship! They are for sure two halves that make up the whole!

Not only is there explosive sex; but there is a great storyline and it includes secondary characters that eit
Jamie
I am soooooo glad I waited until this series was complete before I started it.. I would be dying right now if I had to wait on book 6... but I don't have to wait!! So here I go

P.S. THIS SERIES KICKS FUCKING ASS!!!

Michelle
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Five Smutastic Stars. C.D. Reiss uses words like a Jonathan uses his cock.

Can I just say that I adore this series? Even though each story is short; it doesn't feel like it - you completely forget that this just a sliver of the whole story. Each one is beautifully written, words seamlessly fit into place. And we aren't talking 'pull out the thesaurus' shit here. We are talking about poetry, perfection and words that draw out images in your head.

The only draw back for me was the number of sex sce
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
*Phew* I'm glad things finally worked out for these two...now they can go back home and...

WHAT THE F**k JUST HAPPENED ?!? O_o

MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
(BR with Patty)

This book was wonderful! So much happens. The book starts off with them apart but still communicating. Jonathan is just waiting for her to come back to him. He has faith that things will work out & that they are meant to be together. Their relationship really grows and moves forward in this book. There is some stuff that happens and a lot of guessing who is out to get them. It seems so much is against them being together in this book, but they fight for each other. I was not h
A. End
You thought the first four were hot? Watch out, kiddies. In the latest installment of her sex-soaked drama, C.D. Reiss has chopped the wood, soaked it with lighter fluid, and lit a match.

You ever want something you can't have? You ever wanted something--anything--night and day, become obsessed, needed it, felt it, sang it, breathed it?

If there's one character in this book who is burning, there are at least three. Four? Yes, four. And where will *any* of them stop, in pursuit of their hearts' des
NinaReader
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’m now fully entrenched in the Jonathan-can-have-me-anyway-he-wants-me camp. I’m loving his POV chapters.

***spoilers***

I’m not fond that most of this story is them being apart. Monica is struggling to come to terms with what being with Jonathan means for her personally and professionally. There is no doubt that she loves him and can easily be swayed to be with him sexually but now Jonathan wants to own her body and soul and won’t take anything less than everything.

“He was the ache between my l
Kitten ~♥️ MM series ~
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Talk about CLIFFHANGER. how the hell did I become addicted to this series? I have to admit this author definitely took it up a couple of notches, especially w/the sex scenes. Beautiful. The drama. Beautiful.

Love Debbie, our yenta. Hilarious, she gives nothing away.
Jonathan, definitely has made his mark on me. Sometimes you read d/s stories about own you this, own you that, well he did it with swag. Once I learn how to put quotes up, you will know what I mean.
Monica, thank you for not being a cr
Fathima
Nooooooo !!!!! And the plot thickens further .... My brain and heart can't take it ... :( ...
C.D. Reiss
May 11, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Due June 10 (or thereabouts).
Cover reveal 2 weeks prior.

C.D.'s Canaries: *Burn* 157 133 Mar 06, 2014 02:16PM

• The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)
  • To Hold (The Dumont Diaries, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 4 "Poisoned" (My Masters' Nightmare, #4)
  • The Mistress Files (The Original Sinners, #3.2)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Three (Red & Wolfe, #3)
  • Loyalties (The Flesh Cartel #8)
  • unStrapped (Strapped, #3)
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden, #2)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
CD Reiss is a New York Times bestselling author. She still has to chop wood and carry water, which was buried in the fine print. Her lawyer is working it out with God but in the meantime, if you call and she doesn't pick up she's at the well hauling buckets.

Born in New York City, she moved to Hollywood, California to get her master's degree in screenwriting from USC. In case you want to know, that

Songs of Submission (9 books)
  • Beg (Songs of Submission, #1)
  • Tease (Songs of Submission, #2)
  • Submit (Songs of Submission, #3)
  • Control (Songs of Submission, #4)
  • Resist (Songs of Submission, #6)
  • Sing (Songs of Submission, #7)
  • Dominance (Songs of Submission, #8; Songs of Dominance, #1-4)
  • Coda (Songs of Submission, #9)
“What we have isn’t something we made. It’s something that existed before we even met.” 30 likes
“When this ice cube melts, I’m going to make love to you so slow, everyone in this hotel is going to know my name. It won’t be play. It’s going to be dead serious.” 25 likes