Start by marking “Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine, #2)

Bastian's Storm

(Surviving Raine #2)

Sebastian Stark just isn’t cut out for normal life with a girlfriend in the hot and humid city of Miami. All in all, he’d rather be back on the island where it was just the two of them, and he could keep everything in balance. The bar down the street tempts him daily, but he’s determined to remain strong. Adjusting to normal life is difficult, but Bastian is doing his best ...more
Kindle Edition, First, 259 pages
Published June 16th 2014 by Shay Savage, LLC (first published June 3rd 2014)

Start your review of Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine, #2)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo SavageBastiansstormTitebySueBee_zps04ec2fcd.jpg
 photo BSstory1xBbysb_zps78673269.gif
 photo BSstory2xBbysb_zpsbb9d1849.gif
★★★★! Bastian’s Storm, book 2. Bastian Stark’s past, present & future collide forcing him to fight in one last tournament of life & death!

“She needed me there, and she doesn’t need me here. I just… exist beside her without anything to do.”

This is the second book in the Surviving Raine series. It also features Evan Arden from the Evan Arden trilogy . It is not necessary to have read any prior books, but I highly recommend it:
Book 1: Surviving Raine
Book 2: Ba
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

5+++ Achingly Suspenseful Stars!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I'm going to try really hard to give Shay Savage the review this book deserves but I'm afraid to fall short of its awesomeness. The following review will contain spoilers to Surviving Raine so be advised.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Bastian's Storm picks up immediately after the conclusion of Surviving Raine. I was happy I re-read Surviving Raine prior to this book for that reason. Bastian and Raine are re-acclimating to civilian life since being rescued from their secluded island.
Lucia
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
MY SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:

My Raine and Bastian:

It's official. Shay Savage is my queen of male POV stories and romantic suspense genre. In Bastian's Storm she delivered testosterone-fueled story full of steamy and adrenalin-rising events, story that you don't want to miss!

Moody recovering alcoholic who is failing at living in normal society with constant contact with other people. That is our Bastian, narrator and star of this book. Can his beloved Raine help him to overcome it all? Or will Bastian'
~IreneOust~
May 14, 2013 marked it as to-read

O!M!G! That blurb ... Bastian vs Evan???? Yes, please!!!

Need this sequel ... NOW!!!

Sebasitan, come to mama ...

photo sebastianstarkcloseup_zpsef19ee8c.jpg

Shay Savage, please say it's [very] early 2014???????
Jeanne
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 *I promise the book is better than the cover stars!*

I don't usually find a cast for book characters because I'm just too lazy, but for obvious reasons this seemed like an emergency. I thought this was a solid follow up to Surviving Raine, although for me the original was hard to top. I think I just personally loved the whole survival on the Island story line. It was kind of a gritty, dirty On the Island:) This book was definitely not the page turner Surviving Raine was, it took me 5 da
*TANYA*
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian Stark is one of my favorite characters of all time, total bad ass!!
Shurrn
Bastian & Raine are back on land, but their troubles are far from over...
This was so screwed up, I realized all the shit I had already seen in my life was a goddamn birthday cake with fucking whippy icing compared to this clusterfuck.
Their time as castaways brought them together and solidified their bond, but now they have to adjust to being together in the real world...

Meanwhile, the ghosts of Bastain's past are coming back, and not just in his nightmares...

Sebastian Stark
Debra

I've been waiting for this book for over a year... SO excited to start it!!

**ARC kindly provided by L.J. Anderson on behalf of the author in exchange for an honest review**

BLURB:

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Bastian is having a hard time adjusting to life since he and Raine were rescued. The story is still through his POV but Bastian is not the same as he was on the island.

I still really like Bastian...it's hard not to feel for him but at times, he came across really whiny and wallowing in his self-pity way too much. Luckily? some circumstances change that force him to grow and put others before himself.

description

For most of the book Raine really bothered me. I still feel that she is too tough on Bastian bu
Michelle
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Screenshot_102

Sebastian and Raine made it off that island, they survived... but adjusting to the outside world is proving to be harder than Sebastian realized. Wanting nothing more than to have lived the rest of his days, alone with Raine on that beach, Sebastian struggles to find a future while trying to outrun his past.

Raine loves him, despite his demons. Just when everything appears to be perfect a visit from someone in Sebastian's past threatens to destroy it all. Now Sebastian has to fight one last t
Shay Savage
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Release date - June 19, 2014
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 4 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'Everything she loved, I hated. Everything that frightened her, I loved. How's that for f*cked up?'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I was so excited to start this one, since I loved Surviving Raine so much. And this one was very good as well. I love that this was still entirely in Bastian's POV. That is what I loved the most about the first book and we get it here too. As soon as I started reading, I starti
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****3.75 I've Got You Stars*****
(BR with Melissa, Dee, Sharon, and Tiffany)

photo 26f4cb335cad7250e470fe6279db6dcb_zps9e717f38.jpg

I was hoping to be knocked off my feet with this one but, sadly, even Bastian couldn't make this one a Five Star read for me.
The first 26% of the book, I was getting tired of Bastian's adolescent behavior. He's still very insecure and needing constant reassurance of Raine's love for him.
I did enjoy some of the tender moments between the two of them.

"Most of all, I love the way you love me," she said. "I love t
Didi
3.5 STARS

The sequel to Surviving Raine was an interesting one. It was definitely slower and didn't seem to pack quite the punch as it's predecessor. It took me almost three days to finish it, and it wasn't long at all. I tried to pinpoint why it didn't hold my attention like the first book, but it was an amalgamation of things, not just one.
Bastian and Raine are now living in Miami, in a high rise apartment that overlooks the ocean. This was a point of contention for them because Raine hated be
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 19, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
Ooohhh the sequel to SURVIVING RAINE!!

I can't wait! :-) --- COMING JUNE 2014

S.M. West
5+ INFINITY STARS

OMG, I can barely contain myself as I write this. Shay Savage is one of my ultimate favourite authors. I have loved all of her books and all I can say about this book is...

description

What better than to pit her two uber alpha, sexy, broken and troubled males – Sebastian Stark and Evan Arden - against each other…literally?!!! Both of these men got to me in ways that so many other great male MCs didn’t. So, having them cross paths was a wet dream and also a nightmare given the circumstance
Mariam
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: his-pov, suspense
Well shit…
First things first. I normally finish a book in hours. I spent TWO days with this book.
I was scared, okay?! I love Evan and I love Bastian. I didn't want them to die or get hurt. I just wanted to scream “Why did you bring Evan to Bastian's book?!” It's Bastian's book! I wanted the story to focus on Bastian and Raine. On Bastian's struggle to live with regular society. Or something.
I wasn’t expecting the story to take that direction.
Nuh-uh.
It wasn’t a bad direction or anything. It was j
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Sebastian Stark.
Scary. Crass. Volatile. Unpredictable.
Scared. Broken. Haunted.

'Raine.
My Lifeline.
The sails of my ship.
The only calm for my storm.'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Needless to say, I LOVED 'Surviving Raine'. Did I love 'Bastian's Storm' as much? Nope, not really. I did enjoy it though.

Of course, being in Bastian's head is the best place I could be. I love Ms Savage's heroes; Bastian my fave. He can be so violent and scary; keep
Amanda
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I finally finished this one, although it took me almost 5 days. I can't even pinpoint the reason on why I kept putting it off. The cover that looks like a M/M story is not my excuse.

The first 40% was a little slow, but I actually enjoyed Bastian's tantrum. As usual, he was an asshole extraordinaire, all messed up and can't cope with living in the civilization. He had Raine with him, but all he want is for them to go back to the inhabitable island. How dare they come to save me from the paradise!
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 "I've Got You" Stars!
(BR with Patty, Sharon, Tiffany, & Denisse)

photo ee27f38a-cff4-4459-98f8-49d154c02cbe.jpg

photo 35ba3e20-99f5-44e3-80b0-641b47d46bd6.jpg

After being rescued from the island, Bastian and Raine are still together, and have decided to live in Miami. They have a condo in Miami Beach that is right near the water. Raine enrolled at the University of Miami, and they are both trying to adjust to their new surroundings & life among others.

photo 737fe002-9990-4b1f-b412-84af659e7d2a.jpg

Bastian is missing the island, and having Raine all to himself. He hates sharing her with her friends, and the rest of the wo
✰ Liz ✰
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
"I loved her, and loving her was the only thing that kept me sane."-Bastian

description

Bastian's Storm is the follow up to the first book Surviving Raine. I absolutely adored Surviving Raine and was ecstatic to see there was a follow up. Bastian and Raine are far away from the island refuge they called home. Raine is in college and living with Bastian in Miami. Bastian finds himself struggling again. He doesn't know what he is supposed to do. He is like a ticking time bomb ready to explode!

"Everything she
Dee Montoya
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: br, h-o-t
****4 Thunderous Stars****

(BR with Tiffany, Sharon, Melissa and Patty)

If you read Surviving Raine, you probably fell in love with the gorgeous and very possessive Bastian, like I did. The story continues in this book after they've been rescued and thrown back into civilization; which is my hometown of Miami, Yay!! Viva the 305!!!

Bastian is not dealing well with his new life setting; he struggles every day with mundane things like making small talk, sharing the elevator with someone, and he absol
Anna
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
“You are my world,” I whispered against her skin. “I can survive anything as long as I have you with me.”

Elaine
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
After surviving the desert island with Raine, Bastian is now back in Miami.. Its not where he wants to be. He wants nothing more than to be back on the island just him and Raine, the two of them, no one else.
But Raine doesn't feel the same way. She now hates the sea, the coast.
He knows that something will need to change if their relationship is to survive.
 photo f7eecccd5ca0e2096996702ac984781e_zpsc8ecec8f.jpg

Bastian has a past and Landon is part of that past. He's also a sort of father figure to him. So has he got Bastians best interest at hear
Claire Robinson
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "I'm ferfectly pine." Stars!

I dived into Bastian’s Storm straight after I finished devouring Surviving Raine. And after getting over my initial feelings on the cover choice –

I loved every second of it. It was great to read the whole story of this couple, from the development of their initial relationship on the life raft, and the extreme circumstances which in the end strengthened their bond whilst on the Island in the first book. To then seeing how they both work together as a couple back i
Elfina Renee
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it
 photo Storm 01.jpg
Bastian's Storm for me was a much better read, as we got to see Sebastian Stark's metamorphose from Surviving Raine. He's still insufferable, deprecating asshole but his pity parties were fewer and farther in between. I do have to give the man props for stepping up when the time called for it and his resourcefulness in deadly situations. Now please don't let my reviews sway your decisions on reading this series as Shay Savage does an amazing job creating the scenes for these stories. I'm jus
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an awesomely intense, erotic, loving, & heart warming, heart wrenching follow up to book 1, "Surviving Raine" LOVED this read.

Hurry up and read it so that you can love it too!

I can't say much on this review here. I think my updates while reading this book, wrote my review for me already. LOL! Check em out below.

I recommend both books, but you must read them in order. No worries, they're worth it.
SB*needs low angst books*
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sebastian and Raine have been rescued and are now trying to adjust to life together back in civilization. Only problem is Sebastian is struggling with regular life on land. They are living in Miami near the water and Raine doesn't even want to look at the ocean while Sebastian is having to deal with living around people on a regular basis as well as trying to stay away from the bar. Unfortunately, his mentor Landon is back and is telling him that he has to come back to his former life in order t ...more
Erin
Jun 03, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: out-in-june

2014................................................SERIOUSLY!!!!! PLEASE WRITE FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paloma *The Romance Queen*
4.5 "I love Bastian!" stars

what an awesome sequel

this was an amazing,thrill additon to the Bastian/Raine story!
Bastian and his Raine are no longer on the Island...they're still together..but Bastian is having some difficulty adjusting his new life. sans boat...and without Raine with him 24/7 and having her depend on him for her basic needs....
lets just saw that Bastian has quit a bit of difficulty adjusting.

But Ms Shay Savage handles this like a Pro
the character development was on point!
she ha

• Last Light
  • Breaking Him
  • Heart's Prisoner (Dark World Mates #1)
  • Mindf*ck (Mindf*ck, #1-5)
  • Over the Fence
  • After Hours
  • Grayson
  • Kissing Books (Smalltown Secrets #1)
  • Inhale, Exhale. (Hollow Ridge #1)
  • Tangled
  • Best Laid Plans (The Mercenaries, #1)
  • Why Are You Here? (Love Kills #1)
  • This is War, Baby (War & Peace, #1)
  • Raze (Scarred Souls, #1)
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • The Bad Guy
  • When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2)
  • The Unrequited
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more

Surviving Raine (3 books)
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
  • Surviving the Storm (Surviving Raine #1-2)

News & Interviews

“Everything she loved, I hated. Everything that frightened her, I loved.” 3 likes