Start by marking “Ass Over Teacup” as Want to Read:
Ass Over Teacup

Ass Over Teacup

Dear Author,
My friend Ulysses has always been a bit of a klutz but he seemed to be getting his act together better recently. Burdened by that name, he’s always allowed himself to be bullied and take a back seat to everyone else. Added to that, he trips over his own feet or stutters when he meets a hot guy. This spectacular fall is just one more thing to make the poor guy t
Published June 14th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Ass Over Teacup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ass Over Teacup

Exina

Ulysses is a cute klutz, being love with his best friend and roommate, Brent. But he is too afraid to reveal his true feelings in fear of killing their friendship.

After a shitty day, to crown it all, he falls ass over teacup in the tub, getting a dislocated shoulder, a concussion, and fourteen stiches. But actually it is the most fortunate incident ever: it turns out that his feelings for Brent are mutual.

Nothing unforgettable, but sweet and short.

Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.75*

Unrequited love, a total klutz, a car break down and your boss steals your hard work and passes it off as his own, and your co-worker sets you up on a blind date.
You know the day can only get better, right?
Well of course it does, Ulysses manages to have an awkward, embarrassing and totally painful up close and personal meeting between the back of his head and the bottom of the tub.

The prompt picture for this LHNB story is funny and the author managed to get that scene down and it really i
SheReadsALot
So just...excuse me for a second:

(view spoiler)
Deeze
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it

Ooooh I really liked this one.

Poor Ulysses was an accident waiting to happen, Brent was a hero and Luke was the villain, just my kind of cast lol.

A lovely sweet but short read. Perfect for when you need a romance fix but don't have much time.

Could easily have been a 5 star, but just too damn short lol.
Macky
3.5*

Friends to lovers story which is short and sweet and even if it is at times predictable, is still an enjoyable read. I liked it. Free in the LHNB event and a nice addition.
Gigi
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very sweet and heavy on the healing/comfort, one of my favorites. Recommended!
Meep
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dritc-event-2013
The first third was sweet. Far fetched but sweet. From there it drags, the conclusion is already a sure thing just isn't delivered. It became frustrating and I skimmed most of the rest to get to the end, because hey the beginning is sweet. I like sweet.

Ulysses. I'll try to ignore the name choice. Never met a Ulysses! Is beyond a klutz, I'm not convinced a person this accident prone could survive in the big bad world, let alone be a competent detail orientated buisness brain-to-be.

Concussed with
Ann
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Being a complete klutz myself I can totally relate to Ulysses which bumped this up from a 3 1/2 to 4 for me.

A sweet friends to lovers story that I really enjoyed. Relatively angst free considering the theme of unrequited love. There really wasn't enough time to build up that part of the story, but that's ok for this short because to build up enough angst, it would really have to move to novella length.

So, a perfect feel good, read it before you go to bed to end your day on a happy note read.
Bev

Nice little tale of Ulysses who's a complete klutz but very loveable with it, and Brent his housemate, and Ulysses' secret crush....or is he?? 4 stars for this one.
Marlobo
Sweet story with a clear Working Girl (movie) vibe.
Anke
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Read this because I needed some free read for my annual challenge. As that it was ok.
Nic
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
This was really sweet story and a nice way to spend my lunch hour today!

Ulysses is clumsy and always seems to attract bad luck "Add stepping into the pothole filled with muddy water, and Ulysses wished he could chalk it up to a bad day. However, this was pretty damn typical for him.". He also has feelings for his room mate Luke.

As the story starts, Ulysses has a really bad day at work. Starting with a broken down car, his day goes from bad to worse. He also comes to the conclusion that he shoul
Annika
1,5* So this was SWEET, to the point of making my teeth ache. And unrealistic to the point of where I asked myself if the author knows about working realities. Well, I suppose she does and wanted to deliver a SWEET story, which she surely did. So much so I started to skip things because, it was all clear from the beginning how this story goes.
Then there was a pet peeve of mine I really can't get over - seriously injured guy (dislocated shoulder and concussion) being horny and wanting sex only a
Lauren
3.5 stars - Short and sweet. Quite a nice hurt/comfort themed story and a lovely addition to the LHNB event :)
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!
Chris Cox
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it
A tender story of unrequited love that finally reveals itself. The story was sweet. The friends-turned-lovers was credible. More conflict/struggle to accept their relationship after all the excuses they'd given themselves for years would have made the story even richer for me. I would love to see this story expanded. Still, the ending left me happy.
Saphirablue
Jul 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
K
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dritc
LHNB story released 14.6.13
I have a soft spot for friends to lovers stories, and am extremely accident prone myself so this story with it's clumsy hero and his best friend/housemate really worked for me.
Sandra
Cute, fluffy story about two best friends-cum-lovers.
Alisa
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-read
Sweet friends to lovers story. Short so not much to it but it was a nice little read.
Suze
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5*
A grand little friends to lovers story - with a klutzy MC as well.
Ulysses is the guy it all goes wrong for, though this time he does get Brent out of it! A bad fall to end a bad day puts him in hospital and with Brent there, they figure out they both want more. A gentle lead up because of Ulysses injuries makes it more believable.
Good example of a DRitC story - compact, good story, engaging.
Lorenz S
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I often wonder what people mean when they say they are in cloud 9. But boy do I feel like I'm surrounded by and bouncing in fluffly clouds rights now. If this is what they mean by it, then surely I'm in cloud 9. Such is the kind of feeling this short story gives me.

As part of Love Has No Boundaries event, Ms. Nacht treats us with exactly what the requester asks for. She gives us Ulysses, a total darling who seems to have the misfortune of getting himself into embarrassing situations. In spite of
Shelby
Ok first of all I just have to say...that cover is HOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!! Overall I'd give this one 3.5 stars for a nicely told story. :)

Ulysses is a klutz. He practically has two left feet and nothing ever seems to go quite his way. He's been pining after his best friend and roommate Brent for ages and it's becoming torture to sit through their Friday night pizza and movies date. On top of the upcoming evening of painful longing Ulysses has just had his boss at his internship steal his budget pro
Jenny Wood
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very cute little story.

Ulysses and his roommate and bestie Brent have had feelings for each other for a while, but neither of them wanted to risk their friendship by confessing the feelings until one day, on a date night, well... I say it's a date night, they have an annual pizza and movie night... so totally a date lol Ulysses has a crap day at work so his friend wants to set him up. Brent gets jealos, Ulysses gets hurt and sent to the hospital and it lights a fire under Brent to just tell his
Anna D.
Aug 05, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 stars rounded up

The story and the characters are cute, but I felt like I was reading a romance for a 12 year old to read (except for the brief love scene at the end. Maybe not, today’s kids mature and are exposed to things way too early! Anyway…) Everything was exaggerated (the clumsiness), the characters were one dimensional (good boss, bad boss), and really too simple. It’s not a story that one hates, but it’s not one that most will love either..it was just ok. There were some sweet moment
Elin
Ulysses and Brent has been friends for a while, they met in college, and are now almost done, both doing internships. Lately they have both started having feelings for each other, but neither has said anything for fear of ruining their friendship.
Ulysses is a bit clumsy, and when he falls in the shower and ends up in the hospital (view spoiler)
Heather
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, lhnb
A friends to lover fluff.

Is like wanting gummy bears, but instead of eating a small handful you have eaten the entire bag and now your feeling faintly like a huge flipping gummy bear.

Us its cute and sweet, but the smallest little sliver of angst was wrapped up with a pretty little bow the second it could be arranged.
melek
Ulysses is a accident waiting to happen i can understand the guy it sometimes cant be helped. His co worker set him up for a blind date just before his date , yes you guessed it he falls in the bathtub. His friend is there to help him who has been in love with him. Its sweet his friend takes care of him after wards just plain cute and sweet.
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-read, yaoi-m-m
Well that was one almost blind date Gavin will never forget. This was a sweet story of friends to lovers. I hate to say it but I was happy he had a bad day. Because let's face it we all have bad days. Though it physically ended horribly, it help bring the two friends together and overcome the obstacle of communication. I love happy endings. :-)
Wendy Ann
Such a sweet story of what was thought to be unrequited feelings that actually turned out to be mutual. I loved klutzy Ulysses – he just easily wormed his way into my heart and while it may have taken a near disaster to set into motion the relationship with Brent, it was well worth the fall! Thank you for this wonderful story.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Great Catch
  • Stalking Dreams
  • The Badass Of His Dreams
  • No Getting Over You
  • Friends or Lovers? (Friends or Lovers, #1)
  • Smartass
  • Strip, Please
  • No Boundaries
Short, sexy and sweet—where a little love goes a long way.
That’s the best way to describe Jackie Nacht’s stories. I was introduced to M/M Romance through my sister, Stephani, and read it for years. Then, I thought it was time to put my own stories on paper. I began writing short and sweet stories that ended with a happily ever after…and sometimes more than one, in the case of my YA Fork in the Ro