Start by marking “Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)” as Want to Read:
Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)

Celestial Beginnings

(Nephilim #1)

Being a descendant of a fallen angel, nephilim Malachi Starkman, is all about his duty in protecting mankind and preventing Satan’s army from growing any further. He leads a squad of talented warriors on this quest to preserve humanity, but as leader, he feels every aspect is his responsibility. After centuries of fighting, he is starting to feel burned out, and wondering ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 343 pages
Published May 10th 2013 by BookRhythm, LLC

Mariela Germann
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Lovers of Paranormal group and the author Rebekah Daniels for allowing to read this book for an honest review.

Wow, where can I start to describing this book?, Well this book was between a 4.5 and 5 stars, but it is definetely a 5 stars book, there were minor typing mistakes, but it was an editing issue, so not big deal.

The story had a good flow, I did not get lost by reading what was ocurring during the storylines of the many characters in the book. I was so into the story
Jasmine
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lop-books
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review (LoP or Lovers of Paranormal)*

Celestial Beginnings
By : Rebekah Daniels

I love this book it made me laugh and cry at the end .... I love the love story between Trinity and Malachi. The way they met in a dream and didn't know each other was real until he found her almost dead, not knowing he was holding his soul mate.

If you like a book with love and awesome nephilim( a nephilim is a descendant of an angel) ,Then u need to read this !
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nephilim
Favorite Lines “Most can’t fight the urge, and it is forever a balancing act for the ones that chose the path of light. This was God’s gift to all, no matter who you were, free will. Therefore, even though it is told that all nephilims are evil, in reality, some chose to fight the good fight on the side of the Lord. It gets easier for nephilims the more generations that pass because of the increase in humanity to the bloodlines.”

“He would never understand women. One moment they were about to mak
LadyCalico
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
The heroine, supposedly a teacher, had me gritting my teeth at her poor grammar--an offense to teachers everywhere. The writing was filled with odd phrasing, poor sentence structure, and misused words, as if the book had been written by Yoda, e.g. "she locked back up the house," "she threw her face towards," "It was him that," "Malachi and her had gotten." "Ramiel is known to have the personality of a tornado; carefree one minute and horrifically angry the next." Uh, just how carefree is a torna ...more
Goose
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book... Cried at the end and couldn't believe how attached I had gotten to the characters. Highly recommended!!!
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
Feb 02, 2015 marked it as no-thank-you
not for me due to many two/three stars reviews.
Anna Erishkigal
Review upgraded to 4-stars

I had initially received this book for free as part of the Lovers of Paranormal Book of the Month club. At the time, while the story was enchanting, there were some rough points that made the book difficult to read, especially the frequent tense shifts from first-person/present tense to third-person/past tense point of view. It was dismaying to leave a 2-star review for a story that otherwise had a compelling storyline, but the tense-shifts were too egregious to ignore.
C.A. Szarek
Aug 26, 2014 rated it liked it

Writing is hard. I get that and I always try to see a book with open heart, eyes and attitude. Keeping I this I in mind as a reader (as well as a writer) I feel like leaving an honest review is for the best and I hope something can be learned from it.

This was a new author for me, and unfortunately it was a tough read. The first chapter started steamy & had so much potential but the heroine was wishy-washy & a touch immature from the start. Then starting in chapter 2 and carrying on, the
Crystal
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from LoP in place of an honest review.

Malachi Starkman is what you call a nephilim, that means he is a descendant of a fallen angel. They can either be good or bad the choice is up to them. Good thing Malachi is on the good side. He is also the leader of his squad and that is all he thinks about is getting the evil. All of a sudden he starts having some pretty hot dreams about a woman.

Trinity Bradshaw is a photograph teacher at a high school. She has been through
Monica **can't read fast enough**

For Full Disclosure I received a copy of this in exchange for an honest review through the LoP group on Good Reads.

Daniels has an interesting take on fallen angels, demons, and her creation of super natural creatures called nephilim who are the descents of the fallen angels and humans. The nephilim all have special and varying gifts that they are able to use in their fight against evil. The world that Daniels has created is unique and a little dark set in and around Chicago. This first book in t
Anna
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
***I received this book in exchange for an honest review, Lovers of Paranormal.***

This was a pretty awesome and I love a good angel story.

I LOVED Malachi and it was great that I got that extra back story about him from the prequel (so glad I read it). I was jealous of Trinity, he sounded super sexy!

I enjoyed how beautifully broken both Malachi and Trinity were, so much so that they were perfect together.

That scene at the end...where Malachi and Trinity "bonded" was SUPER touching, definitely my
Maria Dodd
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I first read this book in October 2013 and gave it 5 stars. It was also the book that increased my interest in all things Angelic, particularly Nephilim.

It is now August 2014 and I have re-read the book ahead of reviewing its sequel. YEP! just as good and deserving of the 5 stars I gave it then. I just feel guilty that I didn't post a review then. Well this is it.....This is a fabulous book with charismatic and believable characters. The plot flows well and keeps you gripped and unable to put i
Kathryn Brink
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the Author and Lovers of Paranormal at Goodreads.com for an honest review. Absolutely amazing!!!! I am a wannabe nephilim so this book was such a joy to read. Each character is so unique yet so connected in what they know about each other and what they do. They have an easy going repour but with such respect for one another. I found the romance/ lust between Malachi and Trinity riveting. I must admit that I am a total sap for Gemariah and hope there is a follow on book ...more
Mike Gallagher
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I loved the story! It had some great twists without being difficult to follow. There were subtle little hints throughout the story about things that were coming. It made it very hard to put the book down, because I had to keep reading to see if I was right. The characters were so well developed that I missed them when I was done reading the book. I want more!
Jaime
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book and can't wait for the next book. loved the romance, suspense and story line!
Fabienne
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
3,5 stars
Jessica
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amanda Munes
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
**** ARC exchanged fro an HONEST review ****

So, where to start?!? Well, first let me say this book had a bit of an advantage with me, because i LOVE stories with fallen angels and similar. So i was sooo happy to see this as a r2r i couldn't pass it up! Now onto the book.

I was extremely please with the fact that i didn't see it all before it happened. Usually i can like most people guess what will happen within the first few chapters. With this book of course i had some guesses but a lot of it t
Paulina Woods
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Celestial Beginnings has many elements that I love; angels, demons and sex but when I first started reading; I almost gave up because it read like sunday school. I know that many books need to have a set up so I kept reading hoping it stopped, it did. Holy crap I went from sunday school to hot steamy sex. No break, no warning and no way to catch myself . I was confused. After that first shock I couldn't put the book down if my life depended on it. I loved how the characters played off of each ot ...more
Debbie
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Celestial Beginnings by Rebekah Daniels

This book was chosen as a book of the month for the group “Lovers of Paranormal” on Goodreads.com
I have to begin by saying that I LOVED this book, and could not put it down. It is one of those books which I will re-read and re-read. I would even consider buying a hard copy for the book shelf to live happily with my other 10 favourite books that I cherish and are the first things that will get grabbed if the house ever burns down.
An original book with a fan
Denise
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-challenge
**I received this book in exchange for an honest review. (Lovers of Paranormal, LoP)**

Celestial Beginnings has turned out to be one of the best books I've read. I love, love, love this book. From the first page, I was hooked. The whole 'fallen angel' concept had me concerned at first, due to the fact that this is a topic that can be either really good or really bad. But I was pleasantly surprised by the story line that the author brought forth. I love how the 'fallen' have human characteristics.
Christina
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it

I am kind of waffling between it was ok and liked it. It was a bit hard to get into, and there were several editing errors that were distracting. That aside, the book did get a lot better, and I was finally pulled into the story. The characters were well thought out and compelling. This would be a good book for people who are really into this genre of literature. I
J.
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance readers
Shelves: r2r
I have to say that this book starts off pretty dry. Because I was given this book in exchange for an honest review for LoP I had to keep reading. The dialog feels stiff and awkward. Trinity our heroine is supposed to be a teacher who must work for some really special school district because it sure isn’t realistic. Malachi our hero is beautiful, sexy and mostly angry. The author finds her pace about half way through the book and the story and action take off. A bit predictable but enjoyable. A g ...more
Justred
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved reading this book from the first chapter to the last. This book has the action, the love, and hate. So many emotion went through me while reading this...the love between the main two characters didn't feel rushed at all. I'm pretty sure that was what sold the book for me...I also love in any book with a hint of romance if the two main characters presue each other it's not rushed and I feel them actually connect. I can't wait to read more about the other characters....
Renee
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! I could not stop reading this book. I was hooked from the very beginning and didn't get finished till after midnight but I did it. And it was so worth it. Although I always like to read books as they are finally finished with the series, I didn't care with this one. I LOVED IT! Dreams like Trinity's are so steamy that you hate that she doesn't get to complete them. I cannot wait for the next one at all.
Ariella
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r-challenge-2
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review for LoP. Amazing read I love the fallen angels. Malachi is a fallen angel. He protects the mortals from evil. Trinity a high school teacher. She has sexy dreams about Malachi. He saves her life when the bridge collapse. They start dating but Trinity crazy ex Seth tries to hurt her again. I love this book highly recommend this!
Josephine Barnes
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a book to fall in love with! The chemistry between Malachi and Trinity is electric and addicting! For me, a well written book is one that makes me forget time and location with the flip of a page. (Or flick of a finger. Lol) This book is one of those goodies that made you stay up all night because you JUST CAN'T PUT IT DOWN! I loved it. Looking forward to more from this author!
April
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really like this book. When I first started reading it I wasn't sure because it was kind of slow or something was slightly off. As I got into it, I really enjoyed the characters and how sweet Malachi and Trinity's relationship was. I am really looking forward to reading the next book. I will anxiously await them.
Rebekah Daniels
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes, I know that I am the author of this book, but I also absolutely LOVE it! I just hope that whoever else reads it, loves it just as much as I do. Thank you!
Velvetink
Jun 22, 2015 marked it as to-read
kindle

• Odyssey (The Vampire Destiny Series Companion, #1)
  • Reluctant Prince (Kingdom of Cymmera #1)
  • Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)
  • A Demon in Waiting (Sons of Gulielmus #1)
  • The Last Keeper's Daughter (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #1)
  • Demon Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #2)
  • Her Wicked Angel (Her Angel, #6)
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Through The Veil (#1)
  • Ash to Steele
  • Ascension (The Watcher Chronicles, #4)
  • Born in Chains (Men in Chains, #1)
  • The Art of D/s Trilogy (The Art of D/s, #1-3)
  • Destiny (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #3)
  • Bonds of Hope (Wicked Play, #4)
  • The Fall
  • Fire Stones (Fire Wars, #2)
  • Dark Wings (The Never Dark, #1)

Nephilim (3 books)
  • Prelude to a Dream (Nephilim, #0.5)
  • The Divine Whisper