Start by marking “The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)

The Son of Sobek

(Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #1)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  33,547 ratings  ·  1,524 reviews
An exciting new short story from Rick Riordan where Carter Kane meets Percy Jackson!
Published May 7th 2013 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about The Son of Sobek, please sign up.
Serena It's best to start with the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series:
The Sea of Monsters
The Titan's Curse
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Last Olympian

(There is also The Demigod Files -which has short stories - and the graphic novels of The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters and The Titan's Curse to look into. )

The Kane Chronicles:
The Red Pyramid
The Throne of Fire
The Serpent's Shadow

(The Kane Chronicles: Survival Guide and the graphic novel of The Red Pyramid)

The Heroes of Olympus:
The Lost Hero
The Son of Neptune
The Mark of Athena
The House of Hades
The Blood of Olympus

(The Demigod Diaries and the graphic novel of The Lost Hero; the Percy Jackson-Kane Chronicles Crossover Stories: The Son of Sobek, The Staff of Serapis and The Crown of Ptolemy are collected in Demigods & Magicians. There are also Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes and Percy Jackson's Greek Gods)

*Rick's books are ongoing and these two series are of the same world as the later published works.

The Trials of Apollo (Upcoming 5 Book Series):

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard (3 Book Series):
The Sword of Summer
The Hammer of Thor
The Ship of the Dead
*For Magnus Chase: Hotel Valhalla, Guide to the Norse Worlds 9 from the Nine Worlds

There is also now "Rick Riordan Presents" written by other authors featuring works with mythologies around the world, but NOT CONNECTED to the Percy Jackson series and universe.

Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi
The Storm Runner by J.C. Cervantes
Dragon Pearl by Yoon Ha Lee
Sal and Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez
Aru Shah and the Song of Death by Roshani Chokshi
The Fire Keeper by J.C. Cervantes
Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia
Race to the Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse(less)
Annette Powlis I found the entire Kane Chronicles to be wonderfully interesting and entertaining. Much better than the Percy Jackson series.

·  33,547 ratings  ·  1,524 reviews

Start your review of The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)
~~~N~~~
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EDIT 6/20/13:

Well that was awesome......... I can't even express my pure love for this crossover. AND THEY TOTALLY GOT THAT THEY WERE FROM DIFFERENT MYTHOLOGIES! *Tears of joy* More! More! More!

What if when the 7 are closing the doors of death Percy calls Carter and.....? Ugh, I can't even. What if the future crossover book includes the Norse Mythology kids?! The best end to HoO would be all four mythologies uniting! 1. I mean..... Can you just imagine all those awesome characters together..?
Aj the Ravenous Reader

A refreshing, short read from Uncle Rick the second. <3

Carter coincidentally (or perhaps not) meets Percy in Long Island as Carter tries to capture a huge monster crocodile called petshuchos, the son of the crocodile god, Sobek which Percy has been trying to seize for a long time already (Long Island being his home turf). Initially, the meeting wasnt very civil because of unfamiliarity but they call a truce in a united mission to capture the monster. Of course, its Mr. Riordan so
Varsha
Fantastic as always. Rick Riordan never disappoints his readers.

Do you know what this means?
More Percy!!!

Shruti
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
EDIT: 5/9/2013

So I just finished the story. And there's only one word running through my mind:

MORE Dear God, MORE. Please. :'O

UH-MAZ-ING.

EDIT: IT'S OUT YESSS. The version with the SS paperback edition, that is.

So incredibly excited for this! We've been waiting for a crossover ever since Rick wrote 'The Red Pyramid' and we finally have one! :) So. Psyched.

You can read a featurette, here:

Alice
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wooooo guys guys guys, this is so exciting! *hyperventilating*

Neha
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

After reading it --

I have no idea about what to say...im kind of still in fangirl satisfaction. (after 5 minutes) *sigh* Ok here i go.
Ok, seriously what do you guys expect? Ofcourse it was AWESOME!! Rick is one of those authors who NEVER EVER fails to satisfy his fans. It was hilarious, amusing, and like all of his books, it had a lot of action. Both were absolutely confused at first, but(view spoiler)
Elevetha
Feb 02, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology
description

This has made me happy. First Ally, now Rick!!!
Carly
description

Though before I read this I'm going to actually have to finish the Kane Chronicles.
Mitch
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its so short! Theres hardly a plot! And I'm OK with that!

Yup Carter and Percy meet:
Even if the guy was a jerk, magicians werent supposed to go around sucker-punching kids into orbit with the Fist of Horus.

Theres a giant monster:
Unfortunately, the all-American scene was kind of ruined by the monster, who was busily eating a green Prius hatchback with a bumper sticker that read MY POODLE IS SMARTER THAN YOUR HONOR STUDENT.

They have to work out their differences:
Why do I get to keep him occupied?
Michelle
Finally got my hands on the ebook. I actually read it a few weeks ago, but have neglected to write my review of the book.
IT WAS AWESOME!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed the story and the crossover of Percy and Carter's worlds. The story was good for its length, and I found that it did not disappoint.
Hopefully, we will see more crossovers between the two in future. (view spoiler)
Lara
Ow man, I really wanted this to be longer - I'd die for a full-length crossover with these two xd
But still, it was amazing :)
TL
Dec 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of both series
2.5 to three stars

Completely forgot I had downloaded this haha :)
Mostly not good reading day so thought I would re-visit a couple old friends <3
---

Getting eaten by a giant crocodile was bad enough.
The kid with the glowing sword only made my day worse.

Not bad, it was fun to see Percy and Carter reluctantly teaming up and fighting together but I wish it had been longer. It was 50/50 for me, The humor and characterizations were spot on, just... it felt like it should have been a few pages
(yikes)
All my crossover feels are tingling happy happy *rocks back and forth smiling*

PRE-REVIEW 11/FEBRUARY/2013
*attempts to calm my fangirl heart*
*pops into Hyperion* *hacks computers* *retrieves ALL THE FILES*
Jersey
Wow, I mean, Holy Hades!

This is a great cross-over but I was left hanging! I can sense something about this. I hope Rick Riordan will do a series about this cross-over or atleast continue it! And the words Carter said just build up this excited anticipation:

Good working with you, Carter.

We shook. No sparks flew. No thunder boomed. But I still couldnt escape the feeling that wed opened a door, meeting like this a door that we might not be able to close.

You too, Percy.

Please teach me how to
Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse
THERE'S A COVER PEOPLE!!!*goes to Percy Jackson fans phone line* Quick spread the word!!!
OH MY GODS!!!!! That was amazing. And Hilarious!! I loved it how both Carter and Percy were so shocked and amazed at each other. I wonder how is Percy going to use that hieroglyph. My dream would be to use in in the final battle in the last book of the Heroes of Olympus. Don't you think they might need some Egyptian help from the Brooklyn House Gang?
5/27/13
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN
Cal
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me right now:

I still can't believe this happened!! A crossover such awesome as Percy and Carter is just so heart warming and precious you just end up smiling the whole freaking day. Totally worth reading even if you haven't read the The Kane Chronicles!! (like me, sorry). But I'm totally hooked on Carter!!
MOVED - CHECK BIO
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Percy Jackson fans, Kane Chronicles fans, just about anyone
My reaction when I bought this book? Complete and total fangirl freakout(Consisting of squealing, screaming, yelling, dancing, giggling, and thanks the gods- Both Egyptian and Greek -that I had the money to buy it).

(view spoiler)
Amelia Oswald
The story is good but the cover is ugly af. This is not Percy Jackson.
Actual rating: 3,5 stars
AJ
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so don't kill me but...I haven't read the Kane Chronicles.
*flinches*
I KNOW, I know I feel terrible and I should be executed for this unspeakable crime but, seriously, this short story convinced me to start reading them ASAP.
This little crossover encounter was CRAY. I mean, we already know Percy Jackson is the baddest badass there is and I'm assuming Carter Kane would be the Egyptian equivalent. So together?
The badassery is off the freaking charts.
What I really loved was when they first met
Veronica
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anyone else completly freaking out? I am barely holding it together! Percy AND Carter? I missed him so much!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH RICK RIORDAN WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?????? Ok calming down. But I am so excited this is going to be completly awesome!!!!!!!

After reading the sample I can only predict that there will be at least a skirmish between Carter and Percy. Personally I have always wanted to know who was stronger. I mean near water Percy is unstoppable also this is before (view spoiler)
Krish Domingo
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW. SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!! There was this part in Throne of Fire that made a reference to the Percy Jackson series that made me smile when i was reading it------ I looked across the river to Manhattan. It was a great view. When Sadie and I had first arrived at Brooklyn House, Amos had told us that magicians tried to stay out of Manhattan. He said Manhattan had other problems--whatever that meant. And sometimes when I looked across the water, I could swear I was seeing things. Sadie laughed about ...more
Jules ♈ Bookvergent
Actual rating: 4.75 stars

(view spoiler)

I honestly do not remember why 2 years ago I rated this book 2 stars. Cause this is SO FREAKING GOOD!!! I loved the encounter between Carter and Percy. I now undrstand that this book is actually to middle graders (or that's
Jayde
Feb 11, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I should have filmed my freak-out session once I found about this. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed by the second and third Kane Chronicles, but I still love the characters and idea. Ever since Carter mentioned seeing pegasi over the river, and Drew and Lacy were at Sadie's school dance... Well... I've been waiting for this a long time! :)
Jamie Coudeville
This was in the back of my paperback copy of book 3 of the Kane Chronicles.
Cute story, look forward to reading more interactions of these two series.
I'm sure I have the other 2 stories around here somewhere.
Jianred Faustino
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: online-reads
Now, first of, I just want everyone to know how I've been dying to have this cross-over ever since during Red Pyramid where Amos (I think) made some kind of reference that he's very much aware of the gods living in the Empire State building while looking at the building itself across from the East River (I think).

Sadly, I was not able to read the follow-up books of the Kane Chronicles.

Anyways, everyone's debating on what timeline was this meeting done. Imo, this was done before Hera whisked
Jesica
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What are you? I demanded. Part combat magician, part water elementalist? What nome are you with?
The kid laughed bitterly. Dude, I dont know what youre talking about. I dont hang out with gnomes. Satyrs, sometimes. Even Cyclopes. But not gnomes.

Its kind of short story by Rick Riordan where two of the heroes he wrote in two different series meets. Percy Jackson from The Heroes of Olympus series and Carter Kane from The Kane Chronicles series. Both are the lead character.

A giant Egyptian crocodile
Sarah Banono
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY GOODNESS.
I found out that this book was coming out TODAY.
And I was like OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH MAH GAAAAAAWD I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
And I also found out that it comes out on June 18 as an e-book.
And I also found out that if you buy it as an e-book, you get what Ricky here calls a "gift".
And people, it is not ONLY gift, it is MORE than a gift.
I call it THE BEST THANK YOU GIFT EVER!!!
You're probably thinking: JUST TELL ME WHAT THE DARN THING IS ALREADY!
Well
DRUM ROLL
IT'S AN EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK CHAPTER
Bipasha
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Lil' Excerpt:

He stood to go. One more thing, he said. If this somebody, whoever threw us together if hes an enemy to both of us what if we need each other to fight him? How do I contact you?
I considered that. Then I made a snap decision. Can I write something on your hand?
He frowned. Like your phone number?
Uh well, not exactly. I took out my stylus and a vial of magic ink. Percy held out his palm. I drew a hieroglyph there the Eye of Horus. As soon as the symbol was complete, it flared blue,
Melanie
A little short but it was amazing! ^,^
Nərmin
I have missed Carter Kane :D Even though Kane chronicles are the least favorite book series of readers, I personally love Egyptian mythology. And the crossover was something delicious to read while trying to catch up with reading challenge!
Awesome!!! 2 7 Apr 16, 2015 05:35PM
The Nooks of Books: The Son of Sobek 3 7 Dec 08, 2014 04:51AM
Which characters would YOU put together for a crossover? 4 31 Dec 07, 2014 10:11AM
Heroes of Olympus...: Son Of Sobek 1 6 Nov 28, 2014 03:19PM
Another Crossover is coming 15 55 Sep 30, 2014 12:44PM
When does this take place *Spoilers* 13 111 Sep 07, 2014 03:26PM

• The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • Rick Riordan
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: A Graphic Novel
  • City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #2)
  • Selections from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Piano Solos
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • The Trials of Apollo Book Two The Dark Prophecy
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • The Arctic Incident: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)

Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover (3 books)
  • The Staff of Serapis (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #2)
  • The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3)