Start by marking “Reclaim My Heart” as Want to Read:
Reclaim My Heart

Reclaim My Heart

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  1,053 Ratings  ·  134 Reviews
Sixteen years ago, Tyne Whitlock cut all ties to her past and left town under the shameful shadow of a teenage pregnancy. Now her fifteen-year-old son is in trouble with the law and she is desperate for help. But reaching out to high-powered attorney Lucas Silver Hawk will tear open the heart-wrenching past in ways Tyne never imagined.

Forced to return to the Delaware Indi
Published May 10th 2013 by Hard Knocks Books (first published May 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Reclaim My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reclaim My Heart

Karin Cox
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I must say, I’m often not a huge fan of contemporary romance. I find that modern romances sometimes glorify bad boys who in real life are best left alone, and that heroines can be spineless, simpering girly girls—which is why I was so blown away by Donna’s new book, because that is definitely NOT the case here. Donna’s characters are real people, with real pasts and problems, and the romance is entwined around the real-world issues of racism and a need to return to the simple pleasures of life, ...more
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
La verdad es que pensé que iba a ser la típica boludes tipo "te vuelvo a ver después de tantos años, estoy re alzada/o tengamos sexo, sexo y más sexo y fin". Pero nada que ver, Tyne me cayó re bien y Lucas también, y ella estaba tratando de hacer lo mejor para su hijo. Aunque tengo que decir que me pareció un poco irreal que Lucas no estuviera super enojado con ella, pero fue porque el es más bien pacifico y además manejo todo como un verdadero caballero. Y también me hizo ruido al principio por ...more
Cindy
3 1/2 stars.

I loved the plot & premise of this story. I could not put this book down, but the actual writing felt a bit flat to me. I felt myself constantly reaching and looking for, well, more. More description, more linear action, something unexpected... Just more.

Don't mistake me, this is first rate chick lit . But I found myself constantly wishing that I were reading this plot, with these characters in some other author's voice. That even sounds a bit harsh to me , but it is because I e
Wendy
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
A wonderful and thought provoking read.
Margreet Asselbergs
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it

Tyne Whitlock is a single mom who runs a business with partners, she has always made a real effort at juggling parenthood and work. Up until recently, everything was running smoothly, but then her 15-year old son, Zach, was picked up by police for vandalism, and was facing some potentially serious consequences. Tyne has no choice, she has to call in help from someone she hasn't seen or spoken to in 16 years, Lucas Silver Hawk, hotshot attorney .........and
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This was great!!

This was a great story about a whole bunch of people who made bad decisions & then come to find out they were all good decisions because of the snowball effect!

Zach does property damage & goes befre a judge. His mother hires an attorney that is his father he has never met. During court, Lucas, Zach's dad, announces to the judge that he will take him back to his family for a month... Tyne, Zach's mother, comes along.

The whole book is mostly about all the relationships th
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-favorites
This is my first read from Donna Fasano and surely won’t be my last. The blurb and cover caught my attention and I was not disappointed. This was such a great story that captured my interest from the beginning pages. It was sweet and emotional with laughter, tears and especially love along with some spicy sex and a great HEA. What more could a reader really ask for??

I loved reading Zach struggle to become a better person and how he redeemed himself in the end. I also loved how something good cam
Jeannie Zelos
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reclaim My Heart. Donna Fasano.

Arc supplied by Netgalley.

Among all the high school/university romances around its good to find one about older people. Sometimes you'd think from what's available that anyone over 25-30 isn't interested in sex and love from the number of books around, ( and God help us poor over 50's – we're pretty clearly past it !!) Its one of the reasons I so loved the This Man series – its fantastic writing of course but Jesse is – gasp – 38!!!
So, the premise that Tyne had a
Amy
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Given a copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review

***Review From Amy Conley For The Nerd Girl Page***

Tyne Whitlock thought she left her past behind but when her teenage son Zachary aka "Zach" gets into some trouble Tyne has no choice but to go to Lucas SilverHawk a high powered attorney.
Lucas comes up with a plan to take Zach back to Wikweko the place where Lucas was born and raised. It's there that Zach will learn important life lessons and becomes a better person from w
Lori
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Find this review and more at Lusty Penguin Reviews!

Readers of contemporary romance will absolutely enjoy this engrossing and wonderfully written novel about a family in crisis in Reclaim My Heart. Donna Fasano draws her reader in with believable and likable characters who deal with real-life issues.

Tyne Whitlock, a single mother, is recovering from the shock of picking up her fifteen-year-old son, Zachary, at the police station because he was arrested for vandalizing a school gymnasium. Needing
 Gigi Ann
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sixteen years ago, Tyne Whitlock cut all ties to her past and left town under the shameful shadow of a teenage pregnancy. Now her fifteen-year-old son, Zack, is in trouble with the law and she is desperate for help. But reaching out to high-powered attorney Lucas Silver Hawk, Zack's father, will tear open the heart-wrenching past in ways Tyne never imagined.

Forced to return to the Delaware Indian community where Lucas was raised, Tyne and Lucas are tempted by the heated passion that consumed th
Stella
Tyne Whitlock and Lucas Silver Hawk, meet in high-school, sparks fly, they fall in love, Tyne gets pregnant (and keep it a secret from Lucas) and soon they are forced to head separate ways.

So far nothing new, you might think. Well, you would be right if Tyne weren't the typical white and rich American girl, Lucas a Native American boy, a Lenape descendant, an Indian ; and the reason for their separation: racial discrimation.

photo eric2_zpse00f3567.jpg

Sixteen years later they meet again and what (or who) was the reason f
Al
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, read-2013
Beyond the entertainment provided by a good book there is often more to be gained for a savvy reader. Fictional characters can be like windows into the minds and hearts of others and sometimes can provide a catalyst to a better understanding of ourselves. Any book in the romance genre almost always has this. While we’re being entertained by the foibles and human frailties of the hero and heroine we’re also gaining insight into how other people think and react in different situations. The best au ...more
Coleen Kwan
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Tyne Whitlock is a single mother doing her best to raise her fifteen-year-old son Zach. When Zach gets into trouble with the law, Tyne is desperate to save him from juvie hall and turns to the only man she knows can help — Zach’s father, Lucas Silver Hawk, a high-powered attorney.

Lucas, Tyne, and Zach are ordered by the judge to spend a month in the Native American community where Lucas grew up. There, old wounds are opened as Lucas and Tyne relive their adolescent love affair, but along with th
Claire Robinson
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ahhhh Lucas Silver Hawk, what can I say, tall, dark and Native American. I have a soft spot for all these characteristics in a man. I think it’s the myth and legend that surrounds the overall Native American culture, which piques my interest further.

Tyne and Lucas’s story isn’t a happy one, young lovers who make a mistake and are inevitably torn apart by their cultural and familial differences. Racism rears its head in this book, but it is handled well and it is integral to the story. I shed a f
Nichole McKim
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
To bring a family together. To show the hardships that are in the past and to move forward not just for oneself but for everyone involved. To be a single parent for fifteen years and then have to contact the other parent who doesn't know that they have a son to get help must be one of the hardest things to do. It shows the whole story what makes a family grow stronger is the trust and respect that they each have for one another.
To go back where your from a place that you promised would never hav
Renee
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It is not the first book I have read by Donna Fasano but it is my favorite. This book is a contemporary romance and so much more. Lucas and Tyne had some tough choices to make when they were younger and have to deal with the consequences of those choices, the racism and raising a teenager in today's world. Lucas and Tyne were very believable. I enjoyed the Native American aspect of the story. When they re-connect years later as adults, I found myself hoping that they ...more
Rachel Riddles
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Well I'm on the fence about this one. I'll admit this is one of my favorite tropes in a story. I guess I was expecting a little more angst. Granted I'm not a super huge fan of angst,but I just didn't feel that emotion from either one. I know it was there but it was just very glossed over. I would've liked to have known what Zach was feeling at times, especially while he was out camping with Uncle Jasper.

I liked all of the characters, but I didn't feel I had enough information about any of them,
Rejane
Found this at AMAZON:
By:Kathleen Jackson
(view spoiler)
Diane Wasko
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: already-read
This book was great! I could not put it down! Read the book in 3 hours! The characters are so realistic and believable. I would recommend this book to readers young and old. I could identify with and feel for the characters. It is truly a heartwarming story and I just hated it when I got to the end. I wished there were more pages to read because I loved the characters and the plot of the story!
Gaele
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
AudioBook Review
Stars: Overall 5 Narration 3 Story 5

I had previously read this book for review, and pleasure, and like all of the stories written by Donna Fasano the characters are approachable, the story is laden with situations and emotions that are easily accessible: real stories that are easy to understand and relate to no matter your personal circumstance.

This book focuses on a crisis point in single mother Tyne’s life, when her son Zach is arrested for vandalism and brought before the jud
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beautiful story!!
Loved this book from beginning to end. Very well written, keeps you engaged at all times. It portraits the reality of our society and modern world where you have to manage between kids, work, expectations and external influences. Life as messy and beautiful as it can be. It's hard not to fall in love with Lucas, that for sure!
Misty Baker
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
**3.8 As posted on KindleObsessed Blog**

Mae Whitman put it best when she said “Being a teenager is hard.” This (of course) being a universal fact known to all of us over the age of 25. As teenagers we are ruled by only a few things: our emotions and our parents, and both can swing or sway our decisions in ways we never fully recognize until we breeze past our formative years. Most of these issues aren’t life changing. More often than not they are tiny little speed bumps in our road to self disco
Hollyberry
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, arc-s
*I was provided an eARC in exchange for an honest review*

I really enjoyed this novel, it had a very strong message about family, and how much it means to have them in your life, and how the decisions that you make do not only affect you, they affect everyone around you as well. We see this right at the beginning of the novel when we find out that Tyne left her hometown when she was pregnant as a teenager, and did not even choose to tell the father about it, but when it comes down to it, he is th
Melinda
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really connected with this book and that's not because I am a single mum because I'm not. I do have have a teenage son though and I'd love for him to have an Uncle Jasper! I think every Teenager needs him!
When I first started this book I worried I was going to get frustrated with Tyne. That soon past and I begun to really understand Tyne's reasons for her choices. Lucas and Tyne's history wasn't revealed all at once, it slowly trickled out through the book with a some twists. Uncle Jasper's '
Linda
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I should be upset with Ms. Fasano for writing such a topical star-crossed lovers’ story. I feel so fickle, like I have no loyalty to her other stories, which I have loved before. Each new book proves to be my absolute new favorite. I thought I was a loyal person, I really did, but this book is unlike any she has written so far and it blew my socks off. There are family secrets and lies, cultural differences and bigotry, wrapped in a coming of age story along with reclaiming lost love. This story ...more
Ju Haghverdian
This was such a sweet and down to earth story. The issue of race, ethnicity discrimination is such a rare theme on NA or YA books that I was pleasantly surprised to come across this one.
Lucas is Native American, Tyne is white and from a rich and prominent family... needless to say her parents didn't approve of their relationship.
Race discrimination was not the only theme... single motherhood, parenting, the issue of an adolescent trying to fit in, trying to find its roots and values.
Jasper was
Paula Legate
This was a beautifully written, emotional story. There were a few places in the book, which brought tears to my eyes. Other places made me laugh, and smile. The Author did an outstanding job on this story.
When Tyne found out she was pregnant, she cut all ties from family, and friends, and left town. She worked hard to provide for her son Zach. As a single mom, she had to work a few late nights. She knew Zach was going through a hard time, but she thought it was just him being a teen. Reality ca
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
I was provided with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is a heart-warming, thought provoking, contemporary romance (with a little steam).
The book itself actually deals with a number of issues i.e. the difficulties of being a single parent, casual racism and self-discovery and learning how to forgive.
Tyne is a single Mum to Zach. She believes she is living her life, where in reality she merely exists. Zach is a teenager with a chip on his shoulder.
The characters in the stor
Cari Sury (Girl+Book Love Blog)
**See more of my reviews at www.girlbooklove.com!

First of all, I loved that Lucas was Native American and a majority of the book took place in an Indian community! (I’ve got ancestors who were Black Foot Indians, so this was neat for me!) Tyne and Lucas have such a tough story before they get their second chance. A lot of this book’s underlying problems are because of racism and bigotry in some form or fashion. Tyne’s parents didn’t want her to be with an Indian boy, and Lucas struggles in the c
Great Book Deal on a Bestseller! 1 6 Jan 10, 2014 06:11AM
Making Connections: 1249. - RECLAIM MY HEART by Donna Fasano 19 72 Jul 25, 2013 06:17AM
  • A Special Kind of Love
  • Marine With Benefits (Always a Marine, #16)
  • Yours to Keep
  • The Most Expensive Night of Her Life
  • Against the Ropes
  • Come Back to Me
  • A Year in the Life (Courtlands - The Next Generation, #1)
  • Crimson Footprints III: The Finale (Crimson Footprints, #3)
  • Falling
  • Stormy Weather
  • Sharing Space (The Complete Series)
  • Trouble
  • Blind Side of Love
  • Bite Me (London Undead, #1)
  • Hot Latin Men: Volume II (Hot Latin Men, #1, 3.5, & 4)
  • Broken (Beyond the Breaking Point, #2)
  • Addicted to Ansley
  • Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies (Fairy True, #1)
Growing up the third child of five—yes, smack dab in the middle and the only girl to boot—Donna Fasano had no idea she would one day be a published author. Her story-telling talents came to light when she conjured lively and elaborate tales of pure blarney (yes, she has a bit of Irish in her blood) for, first, her youngest brother, and years later, her children.

Donna sold her first manuscript in 1
More about Donna Fasano

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“the only thing a man really has is his honor. Every decision I make, every word I speak, every action I take reflects on, like, my integrity. And the kind of person I am has an impact on, like, you know, the whole family.” 1 likes