Start by marking “Blindside (Blind Faith, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blindside (Blind Faith, #3)

Blindside

(Blind Faith #3)

Mark Gattison has avoided love and commitment his entire adult life. Not interested in more than a one night stand or a brief encounter in a bathroom stall, he is the epitome of a good time.

Will Parkinson is the guy who defends him, the guy who puts up with him, the guy Mark calls his best friend.

When Will becomes unsettled and a little distant, Mark takes it upon himself
Published June 15th 2013 by N.R. Walker

Susan
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-favorites

I’ll start by saying that you can read Blindside as a stand-alone.

However, if you do, you might mistake Mark Gattison as an arrogant, self-absorbed, overgrown fratboy douchebag. And that would be a shame, because you would not be able to appreciate how awesome-sauce he actually is!

Now, if you’ve read “Blind Faith” and “Through These Eyes” first, then you know that Mark is a gem. He’s loyal and kind and funny. He brings levity to even the most intense situations. And he can make anyone l
Exina
The Story
Mark and Will are best friends. Will is secretly in love with Mark, and Mark is in love with him too but he is in denial and can’t see what’s in front of his nose.

The conflict
The conflict is based on non-communication and denial. Mark is not realizing that he is already in love with Will. It could work for the first 20% but not for the whole story.

Erotica
This series is seriously lacking steam. What a shame!

For more see Shelby's review.

There were some smile-worthy moments though:
My f
Susan65
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There is something about this series that I just love. It must be the total package because I devoured each book, and stayed up until 3am last night to finish this one.

Mark did not disappoint. He stayed true to form, which I loved, but unfortunately, that was the cause of all his troubles. You don't really blame Mark for not seeing at first that Will is the love of his life, because Mark has never been in love, never wanted to be in love, and didn't understand why anyone would want to go through
☆ Todd
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it

I absolutely LOVED Mark and was really glad that he got his own story. He was a complete idiot, but you couldn't ask for someone with a better heart.

The fact that he honestly thought (being a no-strings-attached man whore) that his heart hurting over his growing feelings for Will were cardiomyopathy (severe myocardial disease leading to heart failure) was just sooooo very Mark it's not even funny.

And when he finally pulled his head out of his ass and gave in to those feelings, his lack of any he
Will Parkinson
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You can take this review for what it's worth since I probably have more than just a little bit of bias.

I begged. I pleaded. I threatened to hold my breath until I turned blue (which is not a good color on me, by the way). When I met Mark in Blind Faith I fell for him. Cocky. Arrogant. Sweet. And an amazing best friend. I asked NR Walker to give Mark his own story. After much whining on my part she relented. However she also decided to make me responsible for it, and named Mark's love interest af
Bev
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All fans of Happy Endings

Yay!! Best book of the series...not that I'm biased or anything, just a huge Mark Gattison fan, and couldn't wait for him to get his Happy Ever After.
5 stars and bring on those dancing girls

Shortie review, totally loved it, couldn't stop reading it. Many thanks Nic for writing it, and hugs to you Will Parkinson for your begging, pleading and whining...what a fabulous book, I adored it!!
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
4.5 stars for the series

I did want to shake Mark a few times for good measure. Dear god, man, look and SEE, and pull yourself together. There is an irony here; Isaac sees what Mark cannot, even though Isaac is blind.

I was so happy to see Mark and Isaac settled and at peace and happy.

Will was a great addition, very patient with Mark, despite Mark's general clulessness.

And the epilogue here brought the series together in the best way. I read it several times and will reread this series; once ju
Cory
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved Mark in the first two books and this book was no different. I love his quirkiness and his ability to make me laugh. I also love his loyalty to his friends. His relationship with his mother is quite unique, but it seems to work for them and I quite enjoyed the scenes in which it was just the two of them.

I really loved the parts of this book including Carter and Isaac because we get to see how far they've come as a loving couple. Let me tell you, Isaac can sure give a damn good speech, and
Nic
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, zz-amazon-yes, mm
There are lots of reasons why I adored this book but even if I hadn't, I think I would have given it 5 stars anyway, just for the cover. There is something that really appeals to me with this one and I think it might be one of my all time favourite covers. The smile lights up his whole face and conveys so much emotion! However, the story is good too!

We first met Mark in Blind Faith where he was the loyal and funny bi-sexual best friend of Carter. Carter moved away and is now in a very happy rela
Mandapanda
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: various-romance
3.75 stars. The first 1/4 of this book was very repetitive and I felt like I was being unrelentingly banged over the head with the fact that Will loved Mark and Mark (his best friend and inveterate man-whore) didn't know it. I was speed reading just to get through it. But then some more characters and a gentle plot was introduced and I settled into the story with a lot more enjoyment. Mark's gradual realisation makes up the whole story and they only get together towards the end. There are some r ...more
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

I love when a self proclaimed bachelor finally realizes the person he's BFF's with is "the one". It's a tried and true recipe and pretty much works every time.

Confident, witty, sarcastic with a touch of ego, Mark is oblivious to what's right in front of him. He only wants Will to be happy and is determined to find him a boyfriend. Of course every guy Will comes across does not meet Mark's expectations… imagine that.

As always, this had great humor and good feels. I appreciate NR Walker's
Debra
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

Mark's story is frustrating and sweet. The man who knew it all when it came to helping Carter and Isaac get their act together is adorably clueless when it comes to his own life and what is right in front of his eyes.

Mark is in his sarcastically awesome element here and we get to see where he gets it from when we meet his gin drinking, straight talking mother. The chemistry and banter between Will and Mark is fantastic and we get a good dose of Carter and Isaac as well.

Another great i
Gigi
May 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I can hardly believe it myself, but I found an NR Walker book I didn't like! This one centered on a rather narcissistic, self centered man who didn't have a clue that is best friend was in love with him for almost 12 months. I didn't buy his cluelessness or his best friend's love. He just didn't have a whole lot of redeeming qualities. Plus, there were several misunderstandings that made me grit my teeth. I can handle a few, but this one had too many.

NR Walker is my Queen, but nobody's perfect a
Elsbeth

BR, January 16th with Julie.

First of all, I’m not going to make such a fuss about this review cause my Buddy Reader, Julie already did an amazing job with her review!!

Julie’s review

I was so excited to read Mark’s story and it was great but I do have a few things that bothered me..

I loved Mark’s humor and I really had a blast all the time but it was obvious for me though that a big part of him was hidden behind that mask. The first 30% there was not anything serious coming out of his mouth. It wa
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Mark and Will, so you can read this as a standalone. We meet Mark in the previous books in the series, so we know he is Carter’s friend and later Isaac’s too.

When Carter moved to Boston Mark lost his best friend, but soon he finds a new one in Will Parkinson, his new colleague. Will seems to be unhappy, so Mark tries to do something for him, he is determined to find a date for his friend, but he needs to be the one who chose the guy. Will wants to be in a relationship, he w
Andrea
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh the warm and fuzzy feels! And the tears… But more on that later.

Mark: I totally love you, bro, you're the best!
Will: Uhm. Sure. I. Uhm. Gotta go.

Best friend #1: Think we should tell them?
Best friend #2: Nah. They'll figure it out.

Mark's mom: Guys, would you please, for the love of everything, just get married already?
Mark: Mom! No. Love is overrated.
Will: Oh. Okay. I have to go…

Mark: Guys! I think I'm dying. My chest hurts, I can't breathe. WHAT IS THIS?
Best friends: It's called love.
Mark:
Jilrene
I loved it! Funny, some feels, and an HEA.
vLadimiR
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it

It's about time Matt Gattison had his own story. Love his character to bits. Carter and Isaac also make a special appearance and played a major part in the story too. It took me a little time to warm up to Will's character because a part of me felt like he wasn't really part of the original trio, but luckily my first impression didn't last.

I especially liked the epilogue (view spoiler)
Amy
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved books #1 and #2 in this series, but I was a little worried about this one. Mark is a bit overwhelming and I wasn't sure I could handle an entire book of his awesomeness. But I really liked Will and Mark. I only wish they had gotten together earlier, ya know? There wasn't enough page time of them as a couple. I was glad to see Isaac and Carter again and loved the ending. Overall a great series!!
Hazee
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
And I'm in love with the author....❤❤❤❤ ...more
Eva
This was Mark's story.. Can be read as a stand alone story but then you will be really missing out on amazing story in Blind Faith and Through These Eyes .

It's a touching love story, but not with the usual fluff... full of twists and turns, drama and oh so sweet loving.

It was wonderful to get an update on Isaac and Carter, and the rest of the crew. This book is funny, sweet, heartbreaking, and heart-warming.

Highly recommended!!!

Arch Bala
I’m a bit saddened by the turn of the series here. I really adore Mark from the first and second book but in here, he’s just all-over-the place annoying and overbearing to death. His obliviousness just got on my nerves and I’m like – Will, why don’t you just freaking drop the guy? When he finally got into his senses, there goes Mark “having a heart attack” - (hehe ) I dunno, I thought it should've been a real one for all the grief he gave Will over his oblivious ass *smh*

I’m like, what the hell
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2016
Awesome read. Mostly light and some parts heart squeezing. But overall funny witty, sweet and good humorous.
Two best friends. Mark wants to find a lover for his best friend Will, he just wants Will to be happy with someone.
Will has a look in his eyes Mark isnt aware of.
Mark still blind for what is in front of him he has a big chance to lose his best friend.
Really great written #mustread
Katrina Passick Lumsden
N.R. Walker has written things I've loved and things I've hated. I didn't entirely hate this book, but I'm kinda wondering when authors will get clued in to the fact that most of us don't like reading about the MC's having sex with other people. It's not a good point of conflict for me as it just makes me want to stop reading.

Removed from Kindle
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Very lovely. I enjoyed every page. I think there were even tears and I don't do tears. Read.
Lyndy Ann ♫
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
⭐⭐⭐⭐4 Love is blind stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

I have been looking forward to reading Mark's story after reading the Blind Faith series I wanted to get to know him better.

Mark is a fun loving guy who does not believe that love and relationships are for him, he is happy with one night stands he is bisexual so there is plenty of choices for him in Hartford.

Mark and Will have been best friends for a year, they work together, hang out together and go clubbing together, everyone thinks they are a couple.

Mark has notic
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Adorable!

4 Stars~

Godh, Some Stuff in the Book is Pure Awesomeness...and Ever-So Sweet...

The Book and What I Loved!

♥I loved the funny spots
♥I love the adorble moments
♥I Love, Love, Love Mark!

Gosh, when I started this book I was ecstatic!

UNTIL.....
(view spoiler)
Morgana
5+ stars

-------------
Re-read on September 8th, 2017.

Damn, this book is even better than I remember! Fan-f*cking-tastic and an absolute Desert Island Keeper!
Meags
3 Stars

I appreciate the fact that we got to read an entire book about the mischievous, yet lovable, Mark – especially considering what a great secondary character he made in the first two books – but I’m left a little disappointed that the story didn’t unfold quite the way I would have liked. That’s on me, of course. My personal tastes affected my enjoyment, but there isn’t much I can do about that.

What I liked:
- There is a strong friends-to-lovers theme (yay!).
- The secondary characters were
Mercedes
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
In very few words this is a super slow-burn friends to lovers story. This is the 3rd installment in the series Blind Faith. you may be able to read this book as a stand-alone easily.

The story is told from Mark's POV and it is mostly a slow realization that his feeling for his best friend Will are deeper than what he thinks. Mark has never been in love and due to his upbringing he can't recognize love when it is hitting him in the face.

I thought this was a nice wrap up to the whole series. There

• The Art of Breathing (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #3)
  • Eight Days
  • Fall Into the Sun (Alejo and Bobby, #1)
  • The Lonely Drop
  • Sole Support
  • Resistance
  • The House on Hancock Hill
  • Things I'll Never Say
  • Someday It Will Be
  • The Enlightenment of Daniel (Sex in Seattle #2)
  • Above All (Jasper Swinton, #1)
  • 500 Miles (500 Miles 1, An MLR Mixed Tape)
  • The Truth About Riley
  • Racing for the Sun
  • River Rising
  • Take My Picture
  • Heart of the Race
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa

Blind Faith (3 books)
  • Blind Faith (Blind Faith, #1)
  • Through These Eyes (Blind Faith, #2)
“Well, all of us country club ex-wives need a lot of money,” she said. “Sex with the
stable boys at the club isn’t cheap you know.”
I almost choked. “Mom! You made me spit my beer.”
My dearest mother hummed into the phone. “Maybe you wouldn’t be single, darling, if
you learned to swallow properly.”
7 likes
“Did you take lessons in cynical?”
“I did, yes. I was so good at it, I now teach ‘How to be a cynical jerk’ at the local
community college. I can get you discount rates if you want. Just tell them I sent you.”
“And sarcasm?”
“Yep, I have my Masters in sarcasm. I can get you a two-for-one deal if you want.”
Will laughed again. “You would seriously charge me to take one of your hypothetical
classes?”
“Hypothetical is an extra charge,” I told him, sitting down on a bench seat. “And anyway,
I have to make a living somehow. I’d consider prostitution, but it’s against my moral standing to enjoy my work.”
6 likes