Start by marking “Sanctum (Masters and Mercenaries, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Sanctum (Masters and Mercenaries, #4.5)

Sanctum

(Masters and Mercenaries #4.5)

Some contracts are made to be broken...

A contract broken…
Ryan Church and Jill Paxon enjoyed their life as Master and submissive until the day Ryan's entire world crumbled. No longer able to fulfill his end of the contract, Ryan did what he thought was best for Jill. He let her go.

An unexpected reunion…
Eighteen months later, Ryan is working for Ian Taggart as the Dom in Res
Published May 27th 2013 by OmniLit / All Romance eBooks, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Sanctum, please sign up.
Kathryn This particular title isn't yet available on Google Play. It is now at iTunes, Kobo, Nook, and Amazon, and All Romance.

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

This novella was like the perfect quickie; not quite as long as you'd like it, yet oddly satisfying.

I really can never go wrong with a book by Lexi Blake, and this one was certainly no exception. I have been absolutely in lust with the Masters and Mercenaries series from the very first book, The Dom Who Loved Me. While many of my favorite characters from the past books made an appearance, this novella can easily be read as a standalone.

Eighteen months ago Ryan Church lost everything; his busin
Kate's Corner
Sometimes contracts need to be renegotiated.

This is Ryan and Jillian’s story. After 18 months they meet again and well the chemistry is still there and the love is also still there but it is buried beneath a lot of hurt and doing the right thing.
For the fact that the D/s is based strongly on communication these couples sure do have problems with the communicating.

This is sweet and cute and slightly funny but that is all Adam’s doing.

Ms. Blake manages to pack a good strong story into 67 pages
Robin
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sanctum by Lexi Blake is a satisfying snack of love, romance and hot, steamy sex. Sanctum is a stand-alone novella in Ms. Blake’s Masters & Mercenaries series.

Sanctum is a compelling story about how lack of communication can cause even couples in love to break up. Unfortunate circumstances forced Ryan out of his life as CEO of his own company. His feelings of failure were typical for a man; and his fear of being able to provide for his submissive forced him to make the decision to let Jill g
~ Cariad ~
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.75 stars - too short, so just misses out on the 5 for me

Other than this being too quick a read, it's perfect!
I love this series so much, it just blows me away.

Well written, so much detail for a novella, I adore all of the characters in the series and the flow is consistently brilliant. You can't go wrong with Ian and his team.

And now for the big one...Ian's story - I'm drooling already!!

Nansy
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
The 1st story in between the “Masters and Mercenaries” series.

That story is an air of change at the common routine of the in between stories be about the main characters having a baby, or how tragedy once again hits before a main event like a weeding.
Don’t get me wrong, those stories are amazing because it’s always a joy to get a glimpse of how the characters (that filled your late night hour and obsessed about- I know you know what I mean, we all been there), after the “happy ever after” was wr
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shadow‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review.

4.5 STARS

This short story, part of the Masters and Mercenaries series, is about keeping the lines of communication open in a relationship.

Jill and Ryan were in a contracted D/s relationship when his business failed. He found Jill a Dom to take care of her, and went to work as the house Dom at BDSM club Sanctum. He has been there for several years and is just about ready to try again to start up a bus
Sandi - Protester of Goofreads
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
See Rosebud's review she enjoyed it as much as me and says it much better!
Jamie
I began this series back in 2014, and as I went along I missed out on the fact that there were a few novellas. I think I was reading book 10, From Sanctum with Love, when I realized. I've been holding these unread novellas on my Kindle for some time now, because this in my favorite ongoing series and I tend to get really bummed out when I finish a book and have to wait a while for my favorite cast of characters to come back into my life.
I was a couple of pages into this novella and I already had
Kelley
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lexi Blake serves up smoking hot and steamy sex in this sinful short story. This tale tells of the one that got away. Ryan is the hot Dom in Residence at Sanctum and his heart still belongs to Jillian. Jillian has not been with another man since Ryan left her 18 months ago. What happens when Ian sets up an interview with Jillian to be the new bartender at Sanctum?

I loved this little short about Ryan and Jillian and of course no novel in this series would be complete without a cameo from Adam Mil
 Rosebud
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
A short but intense read to enjoy until the next book "Love And Let Die" comes out. This story is about Ryan, the Dom in residence at Sanctum, and Jill. Jill had been a sub for Ryan in the past so they have history. Lots of snark and yes the scenes are hot. And typical Lexi, there is a twist.

This is a standalone novella installment with enough of a tease to give me my fix for the series but not enough to satisfy the addition I have for this series. Can't wait for Ian's story.
Lidia
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked very much this short story of Ryan and Jill because if also short, there were the details that makes great this series. The missing dialogue between two protagonists is been cause of pain and misunderstanding but nothing that love and one little help from Ian can't solve. Lexi Blake confirms be one fantastic writer.
Mayas
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Happy to get the inside scoop on Ryan. He and Jill reminds me of Eve and Alex. All contract and no communication. I was so happy Ian ( wicked fairy god mother) intervened and made them both see the light.
Laurie
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook, paid
A sweet little novella about Ryan and Jill, master and sub, who did the number one no no in a BDSM relationship, even though they deeply loved each other, they didn't communicate. This mistake cost them 18 months. I enjoyed reading this even though it was too short.
Sandra
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
great story, can't wait for Ian, Simon and Jesse's stories
Betty
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Dang, I love the Taggart.
Dee
A very strong 3.5 Stars
Smut Junkie
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok. Fine. Ian has grown on me.
LOVE this series so much!
juviasft
Short and sweet :) I'm sure we'll get a cameo of this pairing in the othe books.
Bingeworthy Book Blog
Sanctum is the first book in Lexi Blake's Sanctum Nights series - a series of novellas interconnected with her Masters and Mercenaries series.
Sanctum tells the story of Ryan Church and Jill Paxton and I enjoyed their story as I have many stories that Lexi Blake has written.
However, the true stand out character in this book for me is Ashley Paxton - she's sweet, sassy, a single mum and a strong woman who's not afraid to ask for help or take it when it's offered to her.
Even though Sanctum i
Ryan is a man with a lot of pride. As a Dom, he feels like it's his responsibility to take care of his submissive in all ways, even financially. When he looses everything, he releases his Sub, Jill, to another Dom to be taken care of, since he feels he can no longer do so. Fast forward a bit, and he has landed on his feet and is now the Dom in Residence at Sanctum, a BDSM club.

Jill is a Sub that feels she was betrayed by her Dom. And that's colored every decision she's made since it occurred. S
Malissa
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fast and Furious, just finished, review may change

I decided to go back and read all the novellas because when I got to Master No I really felt like J was missing parts of the story and since I have been reading these straight through it wouldn't be as if aid just forgotten a moment from a previous book.

Anyway, this one is so far back that it isn't all that relevant to what I am reading now and it doesn't do anymore than just enhance the entire series, which is nice. I'm not a huge fan of Novell
Jennifer Schultheis
Sanctum is part of the Masters and Mercenaries series and is considered book 4.5. It’s a quick read that brings two lovers back together. Ryan and Jill used to have a dominant and submissive relationship but when he went broke, he gave her over to his friend. Now, he works for Ian and manages the club. When Jill walks in looking for a job, he’s floored, but gives her the job anyway. There is still plenty of attraction between the two and working together at the club only makes it hotter. But Rya ...more
Margo
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet story about Ryan and Jill. Ryan once owned a software company but lost it due to a crooked CFO. Jill was once his submissive but Ryan sent her away when he lost his company. Now he works as the Dom in residence at Sanctum and Jill has just applied for the bar manager's job. Can they work together and get over their past? Good sexual tension between Ryan and Jill. Also it's great to touch base with the McKay Taggart gang. I love Ian's 'fairy godmother' role. He is so sarcastically funny. ...more
Lisa B. Lovely
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A little bit of a look at the inner workings of Sanctum, with a bunch of the guys from McKay Taggart as well as the Dom in Residence, Ryan Church and his former sub Jill Paxon. This is a smoking hot second chance romance for Ryan and Jill, with a great plot and wonderful writing. I adored these characters, they both messed up but they eventually find their way back to each other. Great story Lexi Blake!
Book Monitor
This short story tells the tale of Ryan, the Sanctum manager and Jillian, his ex-sub and new bar manager. They are well characterised and the story is told with pace and panache, but the length of this novella inevitably shortcuts the development of the story, the relationships and well everything really. It's not bad but it just doesn't have enough depth or breadth for me. I am enjoying this series though and look forward with great expectations to Ian's story next.
Kathy
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lexi-blake
I now own 5 books by Lexi Blake. Many, many wonderful characters are found within the pages of the Masters and Mercenaries Series. This is the story of Ryan, manager and resident Dom of Sanctum, and Jillian. They had history in the past and now their paths have crossed again. The path they form was rocky but the journey was rich. Well done, Lexi Blake! I look forward to reading more of your books.
Louise
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, dark
This novella is proof that you can get a decent erotic story in under 100 pages. Lexi Blake continues her Masters and Mercenaries series with the tale of Ryan, Sanctum's Dom in residence, and Jill. Despite the shortness of the story, both characters have depth, there's a legit plotline, and there's the steaminess one expects from the series.
Tameka
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
The opening of this book with Ian Taggart was harilous. Favorite Line: "This is the penis and this is the vagina...I've never had to do it from this perspective this is the penis and this is the anus."

Jillian and Ryan story as usual is an interesting. Sometimes I wonder if Ian is a magnet for bringing people together even when he seems so methodical.
Chasity
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sanctum - 5 Stars!

Ryan & Jillian's story is a quick but funny, sweet and sexy read. Since I've read all of the Masters & Mercinaries books it's nice to head back into their world. A must read!
Cassie
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Just loved this novella showing how Ryan and Jillian got together. He thought he was doing the right thing and she didn’t speak up. Lucky they got a second chance.
Narration was absolutely brilliant.
This is up for pre-order at AllRomanceEbooks 15 29 Jun 22, 2013 05:27AM
  • Club El Diablo: Krispin (Devil's Playground Book 3)
  • Back in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #9)
  • This is Who I Am (Masters of the Shadowlands, #7)
  • My Wicked Devil (Club Wicked, #3)
  • Their Virgin Princess (Masters of Ménage, #4)
  • On His Terms (Mastered, #2)
  • Maya's Masters (Viper's Dungeon, #2)
NY Times and USA Today bestselling author Lexi Blake lives in North Texas with her husband, three kids, and the laziest rescue dog in the world. She began writing at a young age, concentrating on plays and journalism. It wasn't until she started writing romance and urban fantasy that she found the stories of her heart. She likes to find humor in the strangest places and believes in happy endings n ...more

Masters and Mercenaries (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
  • On Her Master's Secret Service (Masters and Mercenaries, #4)
  • Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5)
  • Dungeon Royale (Masters and Mercenaries, #6)
  • A View to a Thrill (Masters and Mercenaries, #7)
  • You Only Love Twice (Masters and Mercenaries, #8)
  • Master No (Masters and Mercenaries, #9)
  • From Sanctum with Love (Masters and Mercenaries, #10)
“But the next time I have to play fairy godmother, I'm shoving a wand up someone's ass.” 19 likes
“According to Shauna Rae, you just never know when the people next door are cooking meth until the trailer explodes.” 3 likes