Start by marking “Bad Blood (Battle of the Undead #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Blood (Battle of the Undead #1)

Bad Blood

(Battle Of The Undead #1)

“I am Britannia. I am your protector. I will fend off the hungry hordes of undead hands that reach toward you. I am your steadfast defender. I will stand between you and the zombie masses as they try to taste your flesh. I am strong, unyielding, and dedicated to your survival. All I ask from you… is your blood.”

A five-hundred-year-old bloody game of vengeance will need to
Published May 10th 2013 by Noble Romance Publishing (first published May 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Blood

Annika
description

Zombies were a product of science. Vampires were the children of magic. In this day and age, it was hard to believe magic existed, let alone that it could win against the provable, more visible science. A vambie was the bastard child of both, an inevitable product of incompatibility. Magic and science couldn't exist side by side.

Brianna, aka Britannia, is a vampire. For the past 400 years, her sole purpose in life has been to cause trouble to her sworn enemy, Nicholas, in order to avenge the m
Crazy4Books
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
Actual Rating. 4.5 Stars

Ive been craving a good zombie story and Bad Blood was just what I needed. It was an amazing new twist on the usual vampire story. After a zombie outbreak vampires decide to protect the survivors in exchange for blood that isnt infected. I enjoyed the survival aspect and the fast pace but I thought it was a little too short. I want more of this world and the characters. If given the chance I would love to read and review the sequel.

Despite this story being short theres s
Once
Mar 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a HUGE Twilight fan, and since the series came out, it seems that the bookshelves are overflowing with vampire books. Bad Blood, however, is nothing like the other books out there. First of all, this book puts vampires vs. Zombies. I mean, how cool is that? There were things I liked about the book, but there were also things that I didn't like.

First, the things I liked. My favorite character was Britannia (even though it's hard to say). She's got a kick-butt attitude and is comfortable in h
Stacey Brutger
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
DESCRIPTION:

A 500 year bloody game of vengeance will need to be put on hold if vampires are to survive the zombie uprising. Bitter enemies, Britannia and Nicholas must work toge
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
I thought this book was going to be something else entirely, I'm so glad I was wrong as this was so much better! I love zombies and in my eyes they are just awesome with no way to mess them up. Vampires on the other hand, they have to be done right as I love vampires and they can not be ruined! Again this book did a great job! The vampires are awesome!

The plot moves quickly, I never found anything dragging on or a moment were I got bored. Brianna is freaking awesome! She is a greatly developed
Amanda Masters
This book is freaking Awesome! I read it in like three hours! I couldn't put the book down the action was mind blowing and the story was riveting! there is nothing I love more then vampires and zombies and to throw them together into a book was just pure genius!

The main character Brit was so dark, angry and tortured, with a soft centre you just immediately love her. She lives her life on the edge of vampire and human society and she doesn't like to be told what to do but at the same time risks h
Tracy Ehlers
OMG this book is fan freaking tastic....
A shorter story than I was expecting, but the author didn't hold back, I was riveted, completely captivated by the story.

This is in no way your run of the mill doom and gloom vampire/zombie tale. In fact this book has plenty of action, adventure and laugh out loud moments! I mean calling a zombie cross vampire a zambie... Brilliant....

The world has been hit by a Zombie virus, Britannia a Scythe wielding kickass vampire along with her sire Nicholas set out
Elicia Cheah
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Detailed Review: Now, the main reason I loved this book so much was the action. Every word describes action. Every page has action. I also really love the author's selection of different species of the book and the contrast between the two: the vampires and the zombies.

In this book, it is explained that vampires are made by magic and zombies through science. The zombie apocalypse has arrived. Humans have been transformed into zombies after a science experiment gone wrong. It is Britannia's duty,
Valerie
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal-crime
I loved it.. Not really into a Zombie Book, but because it had Vampires I gave it a try and wow.. really a fast paced action book for a short read. It comes down to Humans made a grave error in the science research and a virus is born. Can the vampires save themselves, and others?

I love the character of Britannia, head strong, fiesty, dominance. Takes no crap from her maker Nicholas which I find funny. He does put up with her testiness quite well. Philippe was a surprise... let me just say. I ca
Nicky Peacock
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
I know it's crass to review your own book! I actually almost put:

"3 out of 5 stars, I know she can do better!" for a joke, but didn't want to mess up my average rating LOL

I hope everyone enjoys a swig of Bad Blood in their reading diet and any questions or comments - I have group, and all are welcome.

Thank you for reading!
Genie
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bad Blood brings an exciting new take on Vampires. I have to admit, vampire books have been boring me lately, but when you add zombies to the mix.... Loved it!! Brit was pretty bad ass, but also had a deeper layer that was nice. I will certainly be looking forward to the next one.
Trish
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just want to start by saying that Britannia is badass. This book was super enjoyable. Zombies vs Vampires, that's a first for me to read. This is a completely unique book in my opinion and I loved it. Fast paced but felt too short though. Characters were awesome. Plot was exciting and unexpected. I need the next book!
Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for allowing me to read and review an eARC of this book.
melissa
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this premise. What would the vampires do if there were a zombie outbreak?

Well, round up the humans like cattle of course. But, then, just be cautious of who you have doing the collecting. While Britannia may seem like a super bad ass, she's a bit of a softy on the inside.

This is a great first installment for a series, looking forward to reading more.

*Digital review copy provided by NetGalley and the publisher.
cathy m freeze
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well done

Excellent character arc--completely believable and surprising. Loved all the people, here. Non-stop action. Gonna go look for #2 in this series right now!
Matt Ely
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
original review @ JC's Book Haven.

The vampire took one look at me and ran. He'd been warned. Of course he'd been warned. He was one of Nicholas' brood. I was probably the first topic of conversation Nicholas had with any of his new little children- "If you see a blue-eyed, blue-haired, tall girl dressed in tight red jeans, a Sex Pistols T-shirt, and a blue biker jacket, run for the hills."

The Good
Let's see...the good? Well vampires, zombies and a vampire zombie hybrid. Yeah, that sounds good to
Anniek
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Britannia is a vampire. She has lived through hundreds of years trying to take revenge on Nicholas. Killing every new vampire he creates Britannia is a force to be reckoned with. She was made a vampire against her will and was held captive for a lot of years. All for the sake of love... When she became a vampire she lost the only man she ever loved. Her heart still belongs to him even though his mortal life ended centuries ago.

Britannia must learn how to work together with Nicholas when zombies
Rachel V.
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
I really enjoyed this book. It is another vampire book but honestly I have enjoyed vampire books before they were popular, during and still to this day. This story also has my other favorite characters in it which is zombies.

The book starts out just before the zombie outbreak but jumps right into the action and the path to safety for not only the humans but the vampires also. There seems to be very few survivors of the zombie plague and unfortunately vampires can also be turned if bitten enough
Sharrice
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read my full review on my blog

I received a copy of Bad Blood for an honest review.

Oh no London has been taken over by zombies!!!

If any of you frequent the blog you know I love Vampire novels. Any vampire novel I can get a hold of I will read it no matter if I have read the story line before or not. Despite the fact that the main character is a vampire and my love of all things vampire I still was a tad hesitant about reading Bad Blood because the story also contained another supernatural creatur
Jackie
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In Bad Blood, we are first introduced to Britannia. She is hunting another of her kind. She is a vampire and her mission in life is to kill all those who her creator created die. That is until she is forced to work with him in an effort to save surviving humans from becoming zombies. A terrible plague is unleashed that makes humans become zombies. This is a problem since vampires cannot drink the infected blood. So, essentially she and her creator, Nicholas must save/herd as many humans as possi ...more
Kelly Smith Reviews
For my Halloween special post this year, I was sent Bad Blood, an upper YA novel by Nicky Peacock, about vampires saving humans during the zombie apocalypse.
It might sound strange, and it is, but in the best way!

Britannia is a 450 year old vampire, turned without permission by Nicholas, a pompous vampire who fell in love with her and wanted to keep her with him for eternity. He even killed her fiancé.
She spent centuries hunting down his vampiric children, but now they must work together, because
Julia DeBarrioz
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book, it was a super fun YA romp. Brittania is a four hundred year old vampire caught up in the beginning of a zombie apocalypse in London. She has a wicked wit and deadly skills with hand scythes, which she uses to kill other vampires who step out of line (mostly the progeny of her sire, Nicolas, who she professes to hate) as well as plenty of zombies. Much action ensues.

Brittania is also caught in something of a lov
Julie Kendrick
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Zombies versus Vampires is the premise of this fast paced debit novel by Nicky Peacock. The story jumps right in with Britannia, a 450 year old vampire, neatly dispatching a newly made vamp. From that moment the story races along and drags you with it.
Battles, bickers, centuries old feuds and a love triangle will keep you riveted to this book and the rich characters Peacock has created.
Don't worry though, this is not a serious book full of doom and gloom. There are some great laugh out loud mom
Iris (Artemis Library)
Fun UF with zombies!

PC_logo_red_black_small

Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews & FREE Book reviews E-Magazine

www.paranormalcravings.com

CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
This is an exciting and violent story that makes the most of the current zombie craze. The plot is full of unexpected twists and turns with a bit of romance tossed in. The characters are interesting and well drawn; also making for a combination that will intrigue and entertain the targeted audience.
Maura
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Official Review @ Coffee Time Romance & More
Jordan
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

Nicky Peacock’s Bad Blood is the PERFECT Halloween read. Full of gore, a badass heroine, and tons of snark, this vampires vs. zombies dystopia is made for horror lovers and adrenaline junkies alike.

Carole Goodley
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Not normally a fan of this genre, I was a covert by the first chapter. Propelled by the pace and confidant character of the protagonist my finger hit the buy button. I wasn't disappointed.
Can't wait to read the next one.
Shifa khan
Kristen  Nicole
Feb 20, 2017
Mathew Heard
Apr 07, 2016
YA Paranormal and...: Halloween Read - Bad Blood - Review copies available 3 13 Sep 30, 2014 01:33PM
Nicky Peacock hos...: Welcome! 1 5 Sep 10, 2014 07:55AM

• Hero for Hire (Tales From Beyond the End, #1)
  • Rock And Roll Reform School Zombies
  • Tooth & Nail (Rot & Ruin, #3.5)
  • Vegan Zombie Apocalypse
  • As The World Dies Untold Tales Volume 3
  • Fanged (Fanged, #1)
  • Cages (Cages, #1)
  • Plague Nation (Ashley Parker, #2)
  • The Zombie Whisperer (Living with the Dead, #4)
  • Rebirth (The Eden Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Dark Moon
  • Night Visions (Night Series)
  • The Kure
  • Trust (The Hero Chronicles #2)
  • Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1)
  • Contact (Halfkinds: Survival and Superiority, #1)
  • Sanctifying Grace
  • Kiss Across Chains (Kiss Across Time #3)
I'm and author of both YA and adult urban fantasy and horror. I have over 35 short stories published in anthologies - my latest is included in Little Brown Book Group's Mammoth Book of Jack the Ripper Stories.

I currently have 2 YA series with the publisher, Evernight Teen:

Battle of the Undead (3 books so far: Traitors' Gate, Bad Blood, Bad Timing) a vampires VS zombies urban fantasy

Twisted and t

Battle Of The Undead (3 books)
  • Traitors' Gate (Battle of the Undead #0.5)
  • Bad Timing (Battle Of The Undead, #2)