Start by marking “Lion and the Falcon (Furry United Coalition, #4)” as Want to Read:
Lion and the Falcon (Furry United Coalition, #4)

Lion and the Falcon

(Furry United Coalition #4)

Given the choice between dealing with a psycho killer, a meddling mother, and an all too sexy falcon, this poor doctor does what any sane lion would do—he takes a nice, long nap.

Avian Soaring Security has transferred Clarice to the Furry United Coalition so she can help track some escaped psycho patients. As if that weren’t bad enough, they partnered her with the very pamp
Published May 5th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Lion and the Falcon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lion and the Falcon

Ellen
This review is available on my blog at: http://neverkissandblog.blogspot.com/...

Well this is the fourth book in the Furry United Coalition, and I think that this series has just jumped the shark. What was cute in the first three books is no longer.

See the jokes about how FUC sounds like fuck are juvenile and they’ve been stretched to their breaking point, especially as this time around we have the Avian Soaring Society or ASS. And it’s not cute either. At one point Clarice says “ASS/FUC action”
Melanie
I'm going to have to go with the Goodreads "it was ok" 2 stars for this one.

I don't know if it was just my mood, or whatever, when I was reading 'Lion and the Falcon', but it just wasn't as ... FUN as previous 'FUC' installments. Better luck next time I guess.
Sophia
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
Whimsical and sometimes downright snort-worthy, but rarely to be taken seriously, this series offers quick, light and amusing installments when I'm not looking to be challenged and just want something easy. This was laugh out loud funny in parts and tends to wink at the other shifter romances out there.

Lion and the Falcon is book four and makes better sense with the ongoing series arc to be read in order, but the romance and individual mission begin and end in this book.

It's been a while since I
Martel
Humor, paranormal romance, erotica, adventure, the author blends all these genres with gusto, and adds a "comic books" flavor to the mix, with villains and vigilantes. She's not above the most equivoque puns, so if you only like sophisticated, subtle humor and style, you may move on to more "proper" literature. Otherwise, you should enjoy this wacky - and clever - series as well as her others writings.
In this opus, I especially liked the pride of lion shifters, so close to the original version:
Linda
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doctor Nolan is facing trouble when patients break lose, endangering humans and the secret of shifters. As a lion, though, partnering up with a bird is not what he expected.
Clarice latest assignment is a punishment from her boss, but shes a responsible falcon, and will do what shes ordered. Putting up with a pampered lion, though, not so much. Could opposits really attract?
PNR Romance, action and smutty fluff with lots of laughter in a great mix.
Love this series! =)
Alexandria
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
In this book you get to learn more about FUC's doctor, Nolan. He is a lion shifter with a crazy mother and an obsession with hair products. FUC is dealing with aftermath of Mastermind. She did one last experiment and then set them loose. With all of the chaos that causes, extra help is called in. Clarice dislikes Nolan from the moment that she meets him. I enjoyed the banter between the two.

I think I enjoyed this book more because I took some time between books 3 and 4. If you have ever read an
Emily
Nolan has a meddling mother who is wanting him to become the male lion he is intended to be, he should be sharing his bed with the best women out there but Nolan isn't interested. Clarice is a falcon with an attitude and when she is put with Nolan, they find a chemistry that two complete opposites would never expect. First things first, crazy killer on the loose and they need to act quickly before it is too late.

This was fun, I liked that they were so opposite. Nolan you were not quite sure what
Melanie

My review and an extended sample of the audiobook are posted at Hotlistens.com.

Dr. Nolan Manners is a lion and has been caring for the victims of the Mastermind. Most of these victims has not only physical issues from the experiments, but also a lot of psychological trauma from the torture they endured. Most of the patients see all doctors the same and don’t realize that he is just trying to help them and that they have to keep them confined for their own good while they get better. Thi
Kelly
This series. THIS SERIES. It just gets more fun with every book. Seriously, these books are ridiculously entertaining. Between the somewhat vain, mildly spoiled male lion, the hard-edged falcon, and the oodles of irreverent secondary characters (including Viktor, my favorite of the returning characters), you get a little bit of everything mixed in with a healthy dose of humor.

Nolan... what do I have to say about him? Hmm. Well, I appreciate his need to daily naps (seriously). I LOVE that he's so
TINNGG
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More of a 3.5 but what the heck.

The jokes were bad, the taunting endlessly amusing in its awfulness, but considering the pairing, I'm sure it was intended.

I actually kinda resented the intrusion of the bad guy, even if he did set the scene up for the H to be rescued by the h. And boy was his demise anticlimactic.

The H - a Lion physician whose mother mothers him a good deal more than he's comfortable with - has a patient after him. The patient is deranged, thanks to being experimented on, and bla
Chumchum_88
This one was fun and humorous as well but not as much as the previous books.

- In this book the heroine comes from another country and treats all the previous characters condescendingly which annoys most.

- But the one who receives the brunt of her comments is the hero, and for his benefit his mothers XD

- The main hero is a lion and u can guess the many comments he gets about his hair and such stuff XD

- I liked when the hero got a chance to show off in a good way to the heroine XD it will make
Tamara
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Eve and and especially the FUC series. The hilarity of the acronyms alone inf Lion and the Falcon were enough to crack you up. ASS and FUC... well you can just imagine!
I loved Nolan. He was so cute! Sweet, but protective and he tries so hard to do the right thing by Clarice.
I had a problem with Clarice's name, stupid I know but I kept thinking of the Silence of the Lambs, lol.
I did like Clarice's strength and loved watching her stand up to Nolan's domineering mother.
Warning: Contains a la
Lizy
Ok, so, let's be real, I definitely started reading these because the series title is such click-bait, right? I was like "oh my god, this series is gonna be so trashy and ridiculous, they're putting together animal shifters that don't make any sense, I'm gonna read it."

This book was probably the best-written romance I've read in my life.

I counted no less than 3 Shakespeare references. There at least one pun every other page. The chemistry between the two characters is absolutely perfect. The wit
Catherine
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Predator Falls For Prey

What to do when escaped, traumatized and now violent patients threaten the city and outing the shifter secret? Recruit help from ASS of course. That help comes in the form of no-nonsense officer Clarice, a falcon shifter. She is unwillingly assigned to FUC in order to capture or kill the escaped survivors of Mastermind, but it is the “kill” order that raises the hackles of one furry feline doctor, Nolan. Nolan insists they can be brought back in safely, but when one amphib
Sassafrass
This was definitely indicative of Eve Langlais's humor. I really enjoyed the progression of the story. I felt bad for the patient's though. It wasn't their fault that they got experimented on by the "mastermind".

I loved Cherise character. She was extremely kick ass. I was glad that she was able to let her guard down just a little so she didn't miss out on Nolan (eventually, she did anyway).

I'm really enjoying getting to know each species and their little traits, it's fun. Liked delving into the
Kristi
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must admit that I find the juvenile jokes hilarious....especially since in this book we get the acronyms for Furry United Coalition (FUC) and Avian Soaring Society (ASS). Those two in combination is a never ending batch of laughs. Nolan's family and Clarise's banter back and forth is also really great. I didn't like Clarise much in the beginning, but Nolan seemed to get her almost immediately. I'm looking forward to more FUC.
Kody
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Not too bad

Not my favorite of the series, but it still had its moments. The relationship felt very forced however and the heroine didnt have much of personality outside of being cold. It almost felt like the whole relationship was just trying to be the reverse of the previous book's relationship. Also it seemed like the hero was a walking contradiction alternating between being spoiled and lazy and being dedicated and determined. Cant wait to read the next book
Paulina
In general for all of Langlais' books: These are light and fluffy, funny and sexy, and easy, quick reads. Great poolside or beach reads, or when your brain is overwhelmed by RL. My only peeve (and this may just be because I binged her books) is that she constantly uses "portal" when she means "door" or "doorway". The books could use one last round of editing, but the errors are minor and don't take away from the enjoyment of reading them.
Becki
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOL romance which has a surprise ending!

I truly enjoyed this story about Nolan and Clarice! As different as they were, they were definitely meant to be together! Nolan leads the life of a carefree playboy while Clarice really is a tough cookie (at least on the surface)! My favorite part is the surprise ending! I highly recommend this book!
Nancy Bodie
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Enjoyable well written story. It was filled with action, and fun well developed characters. The humor adds so much to the Story! Loved that it is available in audio format.
So, I Read This Book Today
(This review will be posted at each of the five books of the series, so it is there to catch your attention and hopefully encourage you to read this fun little series)

OK, it’s winter. Yep. When you can’t get away to the mountains, cabin fever and darkness can be a real downer… So what do I do? Take a break from more serious reading and snuggle into HEA paranormal romance, Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate brownies, hot tea, a pile of quilts and pillows, and classical music.

Hum… what HEA this year? Well
Ernestine Webb
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series

Each book so far has been amazing, and this didn't disappoint. Just like the others it made me laugh and wonder how they would catch the bad guy. It also had guessing how long before they realized they belong together.
Diane Werning
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lion And The Falcon

What a pair.As the city is overrun with monsters,a lion and a falcon fall in love.What a pair.This story is great but start with number one and read them all.They are like one big family.
Gabriela
Jul 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disappointing
Not enjoying this one as much as I did the rest of the series or any of Eve Langlais' other books. Not entirely sure why.
I couldn't really connect with either the good doctor or the birdie so perhaps it derived fro there, but neither of them were likeable characters in any way.
Ashley
2.5 stars.
This is probably my least favorite so far. I didn't mind the main characters but Nolan got on my nerves quite a few times and made me skim sections of the book.

Josephine
The plot was simple but it dragged on to long. A novella length would have been fine. I loved the lion family.
Donna Scoggins
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who Would Have Thought It?

The two unlikeliest creatures have a way of forming a bond. Dangerous situations can bring anyone together. Shifting taken to a new level!
Alison (Lady Coffin) S
hot & steamy shifter romance and mystery with many harder to find shifters
JudyTea42
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Silly fun!
Megan
This is the fourth book in the Furry United Coalition (FUC) series. While they are all stand alone books featuring different characters, there is a story arc that continues through each one.

As with all the books in this series this one was extremely funny. With the acronyms of ASS and FUC the play on words was greatly amusing. Add to that two seemingly opposite personalities working together to help locate the escaped patients/experiments of the Mastermind and we get a great book.

There is an i
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Deuces Wild (Ridgeville, #6)
  • Bear Naked (Halle Shifters, #3)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Hounded (Shifter Town Enforcement #1)
  • Slade (Tales of the Were: The Others #2)
  • Forbidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #3)
  • The Panther's Desire (Were-Cats of Apple Creek, #1)
  • A Matter of Pride (Cougar Falls, #5)
  • Skylar's Devotion (Roxie's Protecters, #4)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • Tangled Tinsel
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to ali

Furry United Coalition (7 books)
  • Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1)
  • Swan and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #2)
  • Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)
  • Doe and the Wolf (Furry United Coalition, #5)
  • Ostrich and the 'Roo (Furry United Coalition, #6)
  • 'Roo and the Angel (Furry United Coalition, #7)
“Something about her roused his feline, and not in a hunt-the-bird-down-and-swallow-her-whole kind of way, but more like an I-want-to-lick-her-up-and-down fashion to see if he could ruffle her unflappable feathers.” 1 likes