Start by marking “Your Room Or Mine? (Do Not Disturb #1)” as Want to Read:
Your Room Or Mine? (Do Not Disturb #1)

Your Room Or Mine?

(Do Not Disturb #1)

1 cheating ex, 3 bottles of white wine, an emergency pep talk from the girls… and this seemed like a good idea at the time:

Izzy Shaw’s Getting-Over-Him Action List

1. eBay his entire collection of football memorabilia and spend all profits on treating myself to fabulous new wardrobe.
2. Turn plans for ‘Loved-Up Mini-Break’ at exclusive boutique hotel into a weekend of spa pa
Published May 9th 2013 by Harper Impulse (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Your Room Or Mine?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Room Or Mine?

Linda Sims
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FABULOUS SHORT STORY

Izzy Shaw had booked a romantic break for two, but here she was on her own waiting to check in. Her ex-boyfriend Joe whom she had kicked to the kerb when she discovered he'd been cheating was supposed to be here with her. But after a girls night with her friends she had decided that this was a get strong again weekend. She was going to relax have dinner and go shopping, and forget all about Joe.

But then she meets Oliver Forbes in the lobby of the hotel, they get talking and h
Desere
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it

A slime ball ex, lots and lots of wine and a emergency pep talk from the girls leads to blazing hot passion and a series of delightful events that had me laughing out load !

This is a new author to me and I was not expecting anything much as I will be honest, I had not heard fantastic things about this book! But WOW I was so amazed and entertained that I could not put this read down and read it in one sitting.

The author very cleverly incorporated the direction of a cheating ex pushing a girl into
Mandy Baggot
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Izzy's ready for her couple's mini-break...on her own! Having found out her boyfriend's a love rat, Izzy decides to turn the hotel getaway into a getting-over-him stay! She will drink the bar dry of wine, she will eat chocolate and she will have a one night stand! Whoa! Who put that on the list? Izzy doesn't do that sort of thing! But then she's never met anyone quite like Oliver Forbes before!

Gorgeous, sexy hero and a heroine to cheer on, Your Room or Mine is a 5 star novella that leaves you co
Aimee
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Your Room or Mine? is a fast-paced, racy little read from an amazing author. The sparkly dialogue, hot, sensual love scenes and wonderful characters made this a fabulous story. Well done Charlotte, can't wait for the rest in the series :)
Amy
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
So you dump your boyfriend after you catch him cheating, and the two of you were supposed to get away for a romantic weekend. What do you do with that hotel room? Izzy Shaw decides to go anyway, and if she can enjoy a hot hook-up, then all the better.

This novella tells a cute story and has characters you will enjoy. Even better, it's hot.

Izzy gets her hook-up, with the adorably inscrutable Oliver Forbes, and she makes the most of it. With Oliver's help, of course. They enjoy the wrinkled bed she
Iza
And now, for something completely different... No doom and gloom here ! But short review still because I lack time, sorry.
I read this book thanks to Cupcake's book cupboard review. Thank you so much !
When I reached half the book and noticed my kindle battery was 32% only (damn lowlife battery), I knew I was going to be in withdrawal until I could have it reloaded and be able to continue ! Fortunately, I had time to finish.
I loved both main characters, even if they both had big issues, I liked I
Claire Robinson
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a great book, especially if you have a few hours to spare one evening or are whiling your time away whilst on holiday.

Izzy and Oliver were polar opposites at the beginning of the book, meeting quite by chance, and with completely different outlooks on life and relationships in general. I really enjoyed reading the changes between them as they spent more time together, and got to know about each other more. I only wish that their book has a sequel as I would love to see how their relation
Tracey
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Charlotte Phillips voice. This isn't my first book by this author, but it's my first read of the authors sexy side - and wow she writes good steamy!
Your Room or Mine is a short read, making it perfect for a much needed dose of fun and flirty romance. The pace and length is set just right; fast enough to engage and entertain you throughout, but long enough to take you along on a seductive journey that turns into so much more.
Fabulous read, I couldn't put it down.
A.J. Nuest
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading Charlotte Phillips and this novella from HarperImpulse made for a fun start. Add great dialogue, the hilarious list of things to get over a bad relationship while the heroine strives to protect her heart, and Your Room or Mine makes for the perfect Sunday afternoon read. Can't wait to dive into the next in the series.
Artemiz
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2016
Your Room Or Mine? by Charlotte Phillips is a short, sweet and entertaining story. For me it was like reading a story about one of my girlfriends who is also a gardener, who's clients are also lawyers :). Well let's hope she will have just as good of a one-night-stand in her life.
Jo
Apr 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Maura
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, ebook, novella
cute quick romance that was perfect for a belated Valentine's Day read. rtc.
Julie
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fun, sassy and steamy, you will not be able to resist Charlotte Phillips's fabulous novella Your Room or Mine? in her sexy Do Not Disturb series for Harper Impulse.

Izzy Shaw had been counting down the days until her no expenses spared romantic weekend away with her boyfriend Joe. Having paid an arm and a leg for a decadent mini-break, Izzy had been looking forward to spending some quality time with the man she was planning to spend the rest of her life with - until she discovered that her Prince
Katie_la_geek
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc, adult

For this review and more visit my blog

Your Room or Mine is a sweet little novella that I enjoyed but it was too short for me to really fall in love with it.

For the most part Your Room or Mine was a fun and flirty read about two people with some great chemistry. It was sweet, sexy and often managed to make me laugh. It is not the most original book in the world and if you are a romance reader then you are bound to have come across something like this before but it is short and sweet enough to giv
Erin
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I bought this because it was free – simple as that. I didn’t even read the blurb.

I’ve read a few Harper Impulse titles and have enjoyed them in the past so based on that and the price I was sucked into downloading it. I’m a sucker for a bargain! Just because it was free does not mean that it wasn’t great and I’m really glad I just went ahead and downloaded it.

This short novella is about Izzy and Oliver. The characters meet in the reception of a hotel they’re both staying in. Oliver staying becau
Jane Hunt
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Your Room Or Mine? (Do Not Disturb #1) by Charlotte Phillips

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

'Your Room or Mine?' is a romantic; sexy novella with the class of a novel.

Izzy attempts to take control of her life after she discovers her boyfriend is a serial cheater. Izzy reacts to his treachery like any wronged woman would; too much wine, ice cream, tears and much needed feminine solidarity.

A romantic break Izzy takes alone has an unexpected highlight. Izzy's heart's in jeopardy when she agrees to a one night stand with Oliver a sexy workaholic lawyer. Oli
Kirke
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
Izzy has been burned by her ex and she is ready to move on, or at least for something new. When checking in at the hotel, which was supposed to be a romantic getaway and is now her reinvention weekend, she bumps into Oliver. Handsome, charming and he knows it. He also knows Izzy is an easy prey and wonders if she is open for a little something.

Trying to be a bit out of character, Izzy accepts his offer and well you can imagine what follows. It was supposed to be no-strings-attached, never seeing
Sue
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
In Your Room or Mine? by Charlotte Phillips, Izzy Shaw is trying to get over her break up with her boyfriend. She thought they would have a happily ever after, but apparently she was the only one! When she finds out he’s been cheating, her confidence is shattered. To ‘reinvent’ herself, she decides not to cancel the romantic hotel stay they’d planned and instead goes alone. Izzy’s intention is to relax, go to the spa, shop, etc. But then she meets Oliver, the handsome stranger in the lobby. When ...more
Lucie Paris
Jun 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Light and nice: a perfect romance to take to the beach for the vacation!

Izzy wants to forget her unfaithful ex by deciding to spend a night with a awesome stranger. Only rules: no Strings Attached. Too bad or a joke of destiny...she meets him some time later at a professional event. She is not against some hot sex or a relationship without commitment.

But fun gives way to a more intimate relationship and the two heroes have to face their fears to see if they are willing to update their without en
Natalie TBGWP
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When you open a book and immediately get thrown in at the deep end you brave yourself for one of two things.
1) it's gunna burn out and bore you.
2) You're going to devour every page as your drowning in words and brilliance.
Obviously you're wanting to know what I did when reading Your room or mine aren't you?
Well chick lit lovers I swam. Me and number two went hand in hand as I burnt my fingers on every delicious page. It is a hot, dramatic and extremely delightful tale of a bizarre one night s
Fiona Marsden
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm going backwards here. I read the 2nd one in the series and decided I would read this one before No. 3, a Christmas themed story.

The heroine in this story describes herself as a gardener when she meets the Lawyer hero on her Mini-break. It was a case of insta-lust but in a novella length story I can live with that, especially as they connected on other levels as well.

I expected this to be a one night stand story but after that initial meeting our romantic couple meet accidentally which leads
Claire Thake
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I loved this as a short story and read the whole book in 1 sitting. It was well written and the characters well developed and likable. This would make a fab holiday read and I will be making sure I check out the others in the series.

Izzy was a fantastic character who was a lot stronger then she believed, and the chemistry between her and Oliver was amazing. I was actually quite upset when the book ended as I would have loved to see what the future held for them.

This would have been an easy 5 s
Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I recieved this novella from NetGalley.

This little novella was a blast to read, I enjoyed the characters and the story-line itself, it is funny, witty, moving and honest, traits that all work in the novella's favour.

This novella is short and sweet, it is cheeky and flirty and shows the reader that moving on from a relationship is never as easy as having a one-night stand.

Great, fun little book, great for anyone who enjoys romance, or even comedic novels, all in all, a great little read
Samantha Tonge
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Phew - i started this book last night, and read it in one go! Afterwards, i needed a couple of cold showers! Written with great style, this is a racy read with the intimate scenes played out sensually, without the cringe-factor. The author soon has you caring about the main characters, and like them, has you wondering what will happen, long-term, outside of the bedroom. A great, indulgent, little read!
Cariadne
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Finally! An e-novella done well. While a brief story at 90 pages, the author did a good job pacing the romance, not getting too smutty in the sex scenes and making the characters flawed enough (but not dramatically so) to help add some healthy conflict along the way.

Lately, I've felt as if I've read some hurried and immature romance novellas. This was a pleasant enough read to keep me optimistic that e-novellas can be rich and entertaining.
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
More reviews at http://losttobooks.blogspot.com

Actual rating 4.5

This was a good, lighthearted read. It kept me turning the pages, made me smile and I engaged surprisingly well with the story and the characters. It was a great summer read to relax with and I liked the author's style. Things moved along quickly and it ended well, I'll definitely be looking out for more by this author.
Sue
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just the tonic for a wet day - a fun, flirty and fast read.

Charlotte Phillips sure knows how to write a hot scene - sizzling stuff. It had a solid plot line to back up the hot scenes, with believable characters and a really engaging style of writing.

A very enjoyable read. I shall definitely look out for this author again.
Ashley Deniz
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Super quick read, steamy but not overly graphic. I did enjoy it, and I enjoy Charlotte Phillips a lot. Both characters were flawed and there were tons of misunderstandings but it worked out (of course). No great novel here but I enjoyed it.
Teresa
I don't always like giving five stars (it's the market researcher in me) but I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

I just loved Izzy! And Oliver, of course.

The author has a lovely voice. It's another hot, sexy read.
Andrea Heltsley
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
This was the perfect novella to read on a rainy afternoon. It was funny, witty and cute. It wasn't deep or thought provoking, just a good old fashioned romantic comedy. I only wished the story was longer. Izzy was the perfect character to relate to! Overall, four stars for being a great short read!

• Confessions of a Chalet Girl (Ski Season, #1)
  • Sinfully Summer
  • Do You Remember?
  • Waking up in Vegas (Westerwald Trilogy #1)
  • The Keepers: Archer (The Keepers #1)
  • Wing Girl
  • Meet Me at Wisteria Cottage
  • Sunshine and Secrets
  • The Lumberfox (Geekrotica, #1)
  • The Illicit Love of a Courtesan (Marlow Intrigues, #2)
  • Anything but Vanilla...
  • Christmas at Thornton Hall
  • The Right Side of Mr Wrong
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • On the Scent (Psychic Detective, #1)
  • Is This Love?
  • Season of Second Chances
  • One Hundred Christmas Proposals (100 Proposals #2)
Charlotte Phillips writes modern, fun, it-could-happen-to-you stories for Mills & Boon RIVA/Harlequin KISS and shorter length sexy contemporary stories for HarperImpulse.

She lives in Wiltshire, England, where she squashes her writing in between looking after her family, who have been taught not to notice that she's rubbish at housework. Her stories are fuelled by lots of coffee and years of da

Do Not Disturb (5 books)
  • Did Someone Order Room Service? (Do Not Disturb, #2)
  • Kiss Me On This Cold December Night (Do Not Disturb #3)
  • Access All Areas (Do Not Disturb, #4)
  • Meet Me at the Honeymoon Suite (Do Not Disturb #5)