Start by marking “Ancora viva” as Want to Read:
Ancora viva

Ancora viva

Dov'è sparita Zoey quella lontana, strana sera dell'appuntamento al lago con un misterioso innamorato? Cosa c'è dietro la sparizione di altre ragazze di Black Willow in circostanze mai chiarite? E come mai Chyna Greer, ora che son passati tanti anni, quando torna in paese per sistemare le cose in famiglia dopo la morte della mamma, continua a sentire la voce di Zoey, un ...more
Paperback, Le foglie #88, 444 pages
Published March 28th 2013 by Marcos y Marcos (first published May 29th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Ancora viva, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ancora viva

Start your review of Ancora viva
DAISY DISNEY
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I have read from this author and I will most definately be reading more of her books now. This was a very fast paced thriller with a lot of twists and turns.

The characters in the story were very likeable and everytime I thought I found out who the killer was I would get thrown around. The ending was great and the killer was not who I thought it was!I liked the little spooks I would get from reaidng this at 1am when I was home alone with my dog! lol What a great mystery/
Jennie
Oct 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book I have read in a while if you get the chance to read it and love mysteries this is a really great book.
Alexandra
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put this one down. Lots of red herrings . Didnt see the ending coming. It was a lot more fucked up than I expected.

One thing I noticed was that although this was published in 2007, some of the language was a little dated. This didnt bother me at all, it was just something I noticed. I sort of like books like this, they make me very nostalgic for a time before the Internet and smart phones.

Also another thing I noticed was that the parents in this story were quite young but seemed so
Arlith
Oct 24, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This started off good. The opening was interesting. Then Chyna went back "home". One absurd thing after another was happening. People's reactions didn't seem real or even to make sense. I finished it, hoping the ending would make reading the book worthwhile, unfortunately for me it really didn't. It felt like I was reading a really bad Lifetime movie. Not one of the better ones...but one where you couldn't believe that people were paid money for it.
Elizabeth
Nancy
Last Seen Alive has all the ingredients of a romp of a Halloween read. There is a serial killer, a woman with second sight, expected to solve the murders; ghostly voices and a little romance thrown in for fun.
Thompson's are interesting, clever and people you would like to meet.
Angie crosby
Aug 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alex, suspense
I really enjoyed this book. I've read a few of Carlene Thompson's books, and i've enjoyed them all. Good story flow, characters are interesting. Good story lines. I did have an idea it was who it ended up being but then I questioned myself a bit in the story.
Mysterious
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Suzanne
Thompson did a very good job twisting and turning the reader, throwing a shadow of doubt on various characters right up until the end when you find out the entire truth.
Michellesdale
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good suspense. Had me guessing till the end.
Carina
May 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very good.
Lori Schiele
Chyna Greer was sixteen when her best friend mysteriously disappeared. Nearly 15 years later (?), she returns to the small town of Black Willow to attend her mother's funeral and discovers that 2 others girls all had gone missing--all during times when Chyna herself had been in town to visit.
As a child, she had what appeared to be a "second sight" or ESP, but as she grew up, she denied it, playing it off as a childhood phase, but the true was, it had never left her. And returning to Black
library goddess
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
Teenage girls are going missing. Lots os suspects. The main character has ESP . Local residents think she may be involved in the disappearances. Kept my interest and satisfying ending
Joanne
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Aurora Teagarden book. This one is better than the others and I actually found myself enjoying it. Another easy cosy mystery.
Renita D'Silva
Brilliant
Diane
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about two friends. One girl is caught up in a nightmare. This book will keep your attention.
Kristy
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall good mystery, however I thought that the dialogue and character development were just too awkward and forced. I would still recommend it though.
Cornerofmadness
Kathy Jackson
This book I read today while at work. Yes, sometimes it is quite nice to have a job that pays me to do whatever I want as long as I stay in my booth. I was hoping I'd be busy enough at work to not get the whole book read today - I don't know what I will do for 7 hours tomorrow now but suppose I will pick another book.

This one has been on my list for quite a while and it finally came up on top when I sorted my books on my Nook. I was afraid the book would be too easy to figure out and that I'd be
Kris - My Novelesque Life
4 STARS

"Chyna Greer was sixteen when her best friend, Zoey, disappeared. Though very different in looks and temperament, the two girls shared a bond that was stronger than blood. But even Chyna's urgent warnings couldn't prevent a love-struck Zoey from sneaking out to the lake to meet her secret crush--and being swallowed up into the warm summer night forever….

Now Chyna has come back to her West Virginia hometown of Black Willow to lay her mother to rest. But memories of Zoey are everywhere…and
Kristen
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Last Seen Alive, Carlene Thompson's stellar romantic suspense debut, she wrote us a rocky and twisted story in a small town. Twelve years ago, Chyna Greer's best friend Zoey Simms disappeared and later presumed dead. Now she returned back to Black Willow, when her mother died. After a boating accident, she began having ESP with a stellar gift. While she mourns the loss of her mom, she discovered the sterling connection of other missing girls. Right under her nose, another girl goes missing, ...more
Melissa Cowder
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Carlene Thompson's books. They're easy to read, suspenseful and well-written. This one was no exception. I read it a long time ago and couldn't remember the ending, so it was nice to "relive" it.

The romance at the end was a little corny but, overall, the story was great. Highly recommend!
Bonijo Eisenberg
His walk her walk

Did you ever feel while looking into a chasm that you are being sucked in? That is how you feel when she is. By the lake hearing Zoey's whispering. This book was a delight. I always like Charlene's stories. And when I write to her she writes back. She is a great person. I also like the names she picks for her characters.
Sep 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fair book that kept me guessing as to who the killer was. Enjoyed the slight supernatural element to the story. It's not an Earth-shattering break the mold story but it did a good job keeping me interested and was easy enough to follow and get back into when I didn't have the time to read.
Sammie
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carlene Thompson is one of my favorite authors. She keeps her books full of suspense. I have read nearly all of her books and never been disappointed.
Pixie/PageTurners Blog(Amber) C.
Easy read, that will keep you guessing.
Alexandra
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
carlene thompson is the master of red herrings, another great read
Lori Van Buskirk
Feb 18, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good so far.
Jana Denardo
An engaging mystery/suspense book set in West Virginia with a little ESP thrown in
Doreen
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
would have preferred it if cynna is just a genius rather than having ESP...
Betty
May 08, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like her books, have read them all.

• Livstid (Annika Bengtzon, #7)
  • The Troubled Man (Kurt Wallander, #10)
  • Fear not (Vik & Stubø, #4)
  • The Return of the Dancing Master
  • Dashing Through the Snow
  • On the Street Where You Live
  • The Second Time Around
  • The Cinderella Murder (Under Suspicion, #2)
  • Without a Trace (Rock Harbor, #1)
  • Fjällgraven  (Sebastian Bergman, #3)
  • The Serial Killers Club
  • The Killing Forest (Louise Rick, #8)
  • All Groan Up: Searching for Self, Faith, and a Freaking Job!
  • Beyond Eden
  • The Prisoner: An Invitation to Hope
  • The Offer (Baron, #2)
  • Ties That Bind (Madison Knight, #1)
  • Black & Blue (Detective Harriet Blue, #0.5)
Carlene Thompson is an author of suspense thriller novels.

Her first book, Black for Remembrance, was published in 1990 by Little, Brown and was well received. Her books are suspense novels, often with romantic elements and many take place in Thompson's home state of West Virginia. Her books often feature animals, which she bases on animals she knows in real life.