Start by marking “Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin, #1)” as Want to Read:
Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin, #1)

Elements of Retrofit

(Thomas Elkin #1)

Even the strongest of buildings start out as plans on paper, and every architect knows that sometimes plans need to change. Sometimes, these lessons are learned on the job.

A successful New York architect, Thomas Elkin almost has it all. Coming out as gay and ending his marriage before his fortieth birthday, he needed to start living his life. Now, four years later, with
ebook, 1st edition, 124 pages
Published October 4th 2013 by Total-E-Bound Publishing (first published October 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Elements of Retrofit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elements of Retrofit

Shile
Re-read/listen Aug 2019

Audiobook - 4.5 stars

Story 4 stars

Just as good and sweet like the 1st time i read it.

******************************************
This was short and sweet . The chemistry between the Tom and cooper was hot.
Susan
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

I love NR Walker books. They’re just so…easy…to read. I never get caught thinking “wait…what just happened here?” or “damn, I have a feeling something really bad is going to happen” or “ugh…that pissed me off”. I usually can start one of her books, read straight through (not wanting to put it down), and finish feeling satisfied, happy, and entertained.

Elements of Retrofit is, yet again, a winner. I typically don’t love the May/December romance trope, and the friend-of-my-grown-child thing squigs me out a bit. BU
Barbara➰
Reread July 2019

Man how I still love these two 😍

Reread May 2018

Yes, I just read this a few months ago and yes, I am rereading it now. Tom and Cooper are one of my favorite couples. I'm sure I'll be rereading it again and again.

Originally read February 2018

Let me first say, I don't know how this series hasn't come up on my newsfeed or radar before now. I've been enjoying Walker's books and came across this one. I freaking loved it!

I'm a huge fan of age gaps and this one pleases me. These two are hot together and Iagain.
😍
Gigi
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Re-read June 2016. Just as spectacular as the first time and now I have all 3 books to read in a row, which I didn't before. Excited to spend more time with Tom and Cooper.

Another yummy start to a new series from N.R. Walker! Yay! I usually shy away from May/December romances, but these obnoxiously adorable boys talked me into an acceptable level of comfort in their age difference by the end of the book. I have
Karla
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

I had forgotten how amazing it is to read a NRW book and dam I missed it. I've read quite a few of her books but I'll always have a special love for her spencer series and I can feel this one is going to my second favorite.

I love this book! Tom and Cooper were so dam adorable seeing how their relationship starts was the sweetest thing. With the 22 year gap between Tom and Copper it made their relationships dynamic even more interesting, especially when they would realize how differen
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

5/1/19 Update - This just came out on audiobook!! Guess that means it's time to revisit Tom and Cooper! I seriously LOVE these two...my commute home tonight just got a whole lot better!

*********************************************

***4.5 Stars***

I absolutely adored Tom and Cooper and this introduction to them!!

It was never supposed to be complicated. It was never supposed to be anything. I certainly was never supposed to be involved with a man I worked with, a
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
***4.5
Exina
Elements of Retrofit is the first book of the Thomas Elkin series.

Thomas Elkin is an icon in the architecture world. He is successful, uptight and very lonely. He is “expensive, polished and predictable.” But life is not predictable at all, and now it brings a delicious, mesmerizing surprise. It’s Cooper.

Cooper Jones is a young, dedicated and very talented architect. And he is seriously and irresistibly hitting on Tom.

Jesus. I wasn’t imagining things. This kid was seriously flirting with me. Fuck.
I should have stopped it.
But I couldn’t. Wh
Cooper.
Cooperseries.
Thomas
Macky
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There's not an NR Walker book I haven't not loved and most have been 5 star reads mainly because I always connect with every one of her MC's. She just gets the chemistry and sexual tension right in her romances and that's the big plus for me. This one I was a little wary of because I'm not the greatest fan of older / younger man pairings but get it right and I'm a happy bunny... And * sigh* Nic does gets this right, so after finishing I'm hopping, smiling and chewing on a carrot!

Thomas is 44, C
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧

Easy reading and so very charming.... and

4 Sweet Stars

Beware Spoilers * The Best Parts of Book! ~

♥I love that dance...oOohhh man that dance....was HOT!
♥I have a weakness for two men in suits, I love it, it so dang YUM!
♥I loved both MCs
♥I loved both their persona's
♥I loved the son and his "I'm gonna gag" response, I LMAO on that one.
♥But most of all I love the sweetness of their relationship.

1st read 2013
Re-read 2019 still an excellentStars
Beware
Jan
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites

****4.5 Stars****

This is my very first book by this author.
I've decided to venture here because I've read a review a few days ago
(Gigi's) where I found out that one of the guys - Mr. Elkin was a 44 year old.
The other? 22 *whispering* same age as Mr. Elkin's son.
In fact, Cooper Jones - the 22 year old boy, was a friend of Mr. Elkin's son, from high school.
I am a sucker for age gaps.
I am going straight to #2
Loved the author's voice.
Ami
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Usually, I will be reluctant to read a May/December romance. And in here, not only Thomas and Cooper has 22-years age gap, but there is another 'icky' factor for me, that Cooper is Thomas's son best-friend (and they are in same age). However, there are some factors that contributed to my enjoying this story and gave it my 4-stars rating

** Sometimes I simply needed a light, fluff, sweet, no-angst, no-drama read. This one fits the bill to the "t". Yes, Thomas worried about their age gap, and the fact thatrating
Fabi
Wooooow. It was so good!!! I read it in one sitting.

I'm not going to review it because everything that can be said about it has already been said. I'm just going to add my vote to this wonderful, sexy romance.
Ingie
3.8 Stars - an interesting 100-page romance about attraction at work and a lover who is twice as old as the young beautiful cheeky guy he feels drawn to.

This was very tastefully told about the 44 year old architect Thomas Elkin's awakening attraction to a younger new man at the architect office. It is the talented, promising and so delightfully charming Cooper who also happens to be an same age friend of Thomas 22 year old son Ryan.
 photo image_zpse2b0bfa1.jpg

This questionable topic with age difference is as made for a bit of hassle and what's oka
Bev

Woohoo!! Tom and Coop are finally on audio. Thank goodness Nic decided to give this particular series to Nick J. Russo...he brilliantly captures Tom and Cooper, just as I'd imagined them to be. Puddle of goo big-time, and I have two more audios to look forward to. Totally worth it...I feel like I've been waiting forever for my Cooper Jones thing!!

***Book Review dated September 2013***

This book was my read of choice on a recent trip

***Book Review dated September 2013***

This book was my read of choice on a recent trip from London to Lisbon, and well worth the wait. As is usual for me with Nic's books, it's a total keeper. 4.5 stars and

Shortie review. Thomas Elkin, a 40's something architect meets up with his son who has brought a friend with him to dinner. The 'friend' Cooper turns out to be one of the interns that Tom is interviewing the following day....and Cooper won't let anything stand in his way...of his job or a relationship with his friend's father!! Wonderful.
Janie
Reread May 14, 2018
I think I loved this one even more than the first time. Tom and Cooper are so perfect for each other. It’s not always easy because it’s complicated. But even though their relationship is still fairly new, they are so strong together. So glad I decided to give this series a reread. This book is a perfect example of why NR Walker is a favorite of mine.

Original Review
I love both Tom and Cooper. They are so good together. Their banter is hilarious. There’s sweet moments and hot steamy times. On
Jeanne
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jeanne by: Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
4.5 stars!

Loved this! So sweet. The Red Dirt Heart series by N.R. Walker is one of my favorites, and I thought this was just as good. What stands out to me about her writing is that she has a talent for developing memorable characters. She doesn't write a bunch of physical description filler, which is so common in romances. The sex scenes were hot, but they were also romantic and intimate. I actually even re-read a couple of them...*pervy grin*. I'm reading the next one now, so longer review
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
A lovely read and hopefully the beginning to a great series. The age difference between the MCs worked for me. I liked that Tom's son wasn't a big brat about his dad getting together with one of his friends. Cooper was adorable, although I'm not sure I got enough of Cooper and Tom together to truly root for their relationship.

I wanted more on-page action. There was almost no sex on the page and very little angst; this was the appetizer, if you will. On to book 2.
Anke
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First read Sept. 29, 2013:

When will I finally learn it? START A SERIES WHEN AT LEAST A FEW, IF NOT ALL BOOKS ARE OUT, STUPID!!! Now I did it again! I started this series - how many will there be, btw? 3? - and I loved this book, yes, really. This is what I call a romantic love story and the May/Dec. angle was an added plus. It has a wonderful pacing of the story, from start to finish. Yes, a bit fairy tale like but it totally fits the story line and the characters. *sigh* This could
Mona
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, m-m
I LOVED this super cute and fun read!! The characters were awesome and I loved them together. I don't think the age difference mattered much...they're simply made for each other. I was delighted to be apart of their growing relationship, from work...to the bedroom. I will definitely be reading the others in this series.

"Yes, Yes, I want dinner. Yes, I want more. Once wasn't enough," I blurted out. "Once was never going to be enough."

description

"What am I to you?"
"Mesmerising. Confounding. Amusing."

description
Ky
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
I'm so happy!

Starting this book I was a bit reserved because I didn't like the last book I read by this author while everyone else loved it. I had heard a lot of great things about the The Thomas Elkin Series from a lot of my GR friends so I was a bit worried that this could be a repeat of Imago for me.

Instead, it was a repeat of Switched, which I loved!

This time I can honestly say that I agree with each and every one of my friends who said great things about this series. For som
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Part 1 of a 3 part series of novellas following Cooper and Thomas.

I really enjoyed this series. Book 1--Elements of Retrofit--introduces us to Cooper and Thomas.

Thomas is a 44 year old, recently divorced architect. As he approached his 40th birthday he finally decided to admit his sexuality.

His wife and 22 year old son weren't exactly thrilled. But over the last 4 years, Thomas and Ryan's relationship has improved.

Cooper happens to be Ryan's old friend from college. He's introduced to Thomas
Denise H.
*** What a wonderful older/younger M/M romance !! ***
Thomas/Tom, successful, famous Architect, is graying a bit and 44.

He's 4 years divorced, from a woman, and exploring his new gay life. Experience he has gotten, yes, but a true male boyfriend relationship, no.
Cooper, his son's friend, is a new Intern at the firm,
*** What a wonderful older/younger M/M romance !! ***
Thomas/Tom, successful, famous Architect, is graying a bit and 44.

Cooper, his son's friend, is a new Intern at the firm,

as his dream is to be an Architect. Two suit and tie architect nerds who have so much in common, open up, free their lust, form a bond and make their lives happier. Their differences really enhance the relationship in certain ways, it pulls them together, and cements the feelings. Yes, it's a lot of years, but their bond is solid and true. Both navigate togetherness well, but it's off limits at the job. With a lack of communication, mostly lying on Tom's shoulders, they have a rift, later a long talk and rekindled lust. We get super hot sexiness with these two.

Conversations on exclusivity, needs, living arrangements, etc. take place. I had to laugh at the haughty language the two geeks used - so cute and true to their natures. Fun read, loving, caring, and I'm starting the next story right away.
Highly recommended. ENJOY !!!
===========================
BWT (Belen)

I have really enjoyed this story every time I’ve read, and now listened to, it. N.R. Walker takes a storyline that could be trite or well-worn and breathes new life into it. While there is instant attraction here, there’s no insta-love.

Single POV, age gap romance, low angst, steamy and sexy, with a happy ending. Books two and three are coming soon, but they both have happy endings too, just in case that's something (like me) you worry about (Don't mess with my happy endings!).

Nick J. Russo does an absolutely wonderful job. Great chaendings!).
Nickinsta-love.
Single
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I picked it up today at ARe on sale for $0.99

3.5*

N.R. Walker wrote one of my favorite ménage stories Three's Company.
I've enjoyed all of her stories, and this one was no exception.
Thomas is a 44 year old successful architect. He ended his marriage and came out a few years prior.
He loves his son, his work and his life, but he feels something is missing.
Enter stage left, Cooper./>
Heller
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5

I was not expecting to like this as much as I did but boy did it ever work for me. When Walker hits it right, it is out of the park and I cannot get enough.

There's a 22 year age difference between Tom and Cooper and I went into this with a semi-cringe because it's not really a kink that I like to read about often. Colour me surprised that it didn't bother me at all. While the men are distinctly different in their outlooks, I found those differences really worked for me and I coul
Ashley
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, may-december
I don't usually like May/December romances but this just works so well. Tom and Cooper are amazing and have such great chemistry!
Trisha Harrington
Loved it even more the second time around. The added content was great, too.
Christine
Not a bad start! The sex scenes could have been more creative and intense but overall I enjoyed this. On to book 2.
Debra
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is another wonderful story by N.R. Walker. As always, there is romance, humor and hot sex.

Thomas Elkin is a 44 y/o, successful NYC architect. Four years after his divorce and coming out, Thomas has just gotten his relationship with his 22 y/o son back on track, he has dated and had his share of one night stands, but no relationships of any length. Cooper Jones is 22 y/o, summer intern at Thomas' architectural firm. He is smart, passionate and just happens to be a high school friend of Thom
Eugenia
Sweet!

This was a sweet and fluffy office romance with a very large age-gap. Forty-four year old Thomas Elkin is only 4 years out of the closet. In comes a new intern at his architectural firm, 22 year old Cooper, his son’s friend.

There’s no problem until the flirting begins, and the kisses, and the rest.

Little drama, lots of sex. I didn’t feel a lot of depth in the characters, but this is the first of a series, so maybe later?

I’m usually OK with age-gaps, but this one felt reall

• Chase the Storm
  • Disasterology 101
  • Country Mouse (Country Mouse, #1)
  • Tattoos & Teacups (Tattoos, #1)
  • Butterfly Hunter
  • Loving Jay (Loving You, #1)
  • Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding (Coda Books, #6; Strawberries for Dessert, #2)
  • Slow Bloom (Slow Bloom #1)
  • Pura Vida
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe (Blame It on the Mistletoe, #1)
  • The Dreams You Made in the Dirt
  • Too Stupid to Live (Romancelandia, #1)
  • Games Boys Play (Glitterbomb! #2)
  • Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5)
  • Wood, Screws, & Nails (Hard Hats, #1)
  • Dirty Pirate
  • This Other Country (More Heat Than the Sun, #4)
  • The Last Day Of Summer
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but like

Thomas Elkin (3 books)
  • Clarity of Lines (Thomas Elkin, #2)
  • Sense of Place (Thomas Elkin, #3)
“The guy you’ve been seeing, the one you were all so secret-squirrel about, was my dad?” Cooper nodded. “Yes.” “Oh, fucking hell,” Ryan squeaked. “The one you said sucked dick like a Dyson?” 17 likes