Start by marking “Poor Mrs. Rigsby” as Want to Read:
Poor Mrs. Rigsby

Poor Mrs. Rigsby

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  195 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
CNA Sally Cox is about as happy to be at Walnut Hills Nursing Center as the patients are. But it’s work or starve, now that her husband has found a younger companion. Sally’s new crowd skews toward the elderly—ninety-year-old Elsie Rigsby, for instance, whose dementia comes and goes with her gold-digging son and grandson’s visits. Elsie’s not going to tell those vultures w ...more
Published June 1st 2004 by Multnomah Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Poor Mrs. Rigsby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poor Mrs. Rigsby

Amy
May 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is not a book I would typically pick up. I tend to find Christian novels to religious and if I wanted a religious book, I would read Max Lucado or Beth Moore. However, this is the book my book club chose, so I read it. And it was good. I didnt even realize it was Christian Fiction until about half way through. The story line held together well and progressed; the characters were believable and the ending was not predictable. Overall, I did actually enjoy it and I may have to look up this au ...more
Loraine
Aug 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
When we stray from God our choices often become self-serving.
Sandy McCarthy
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fun book + Mystery = Can't beat it!!
Kathy Herman is a wonderful author - try her books!!
Devin
Jun 11, 2012 rated it liked it
The first "Christian Fiction" book that I've read, and I have to say I did enjoy it. It was mysterious and captivating.
Pamela Leinenweaver
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book love this author can't wait to read her other 19 books
Teresa
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good book, I couldn't put it down.
Susan
May 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
SPOILER ALERT: I randomly pulled this book off the shelf at the library and checked it out without realizing it was Christian fiction. I do not normally read Christian fiction even though I am a Christian myself, because the writing usually leaves something to be desired. However, I had never read this author, the story looked promising and I love a good mystery, so I gave it a try. Unfortunately the writing was mediocre and the story dragged. This book was not quite mystery, not quite thriller, ...more
Nora St Laurent
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Poor Mrs. Rigsby gets so confused. But she's Sally Cox's favorite patient at Walnut Hills Nursing Center. It's too bad her only relatives are her insensitive son, Harry, who's always badgering her about money, and a charming but unreliable grandson.

Harry Rigsby is retired, but these years aren't exactly golden for him. He's been reduced to eating ketchup sandwiches when his Social Security check doesn't stretch to cover the whole month. It just isn't fair. He has long suspected his mother of rat
Sarah Cusick
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it
you know, I usually kind of hate Christian. writing. (I am a Christian btw) I hate how magical Christian writing tends to make being a Christian out to be. but this one was actually pretty good. it rarely makes the insinuation that Christianity and God are the solution to all our problems, but rather a refuge to weather the storms in. well written, if a little scattered. in the end, it came together nicely. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, but it certainly has some good lessons in it.
Ellie
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book has questions in the back for you to think about. Nice book for anyone struggling with finances. Kathy Herman seems like a delightful person herself and commits to being involved in the conversations about her books on letstalkfiction.com. I would like to read more of her books, this one is enjoyable with many characters of varying backgrounds and clashing personalities.
LuAnn
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun and interesting story! I had never read anything by this author before and picked up the book at a second-hand store. I wasn't disappointed. Wonderful writing, intriguing scenario. Just simple a great read!
Denise
Aug 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Despite the story being a bit unbelivable I enjoyed reading it and imagining what it would be like if I knew where a large amount of money was hidden. It was a bit tiring how Sally always complained about how hard her life was but was glad she reconsidered in the end.
Sara Carbone
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Randy Alcorn
May 01, 2012 added it
Shelves: fiction
Kathy Herman has done it again. Poor Mrs. Rigsby is a well written novel, with a unique and compelling storylinee that keeps you guessing. With honesty and realism, the story powerfully illustrates the words of Jesus, “You cannot serve both God and money.”
Jessica Zelkovich
Dec 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Quick read. Temptation lurks all in all forms and we are often tested with the ones that we've succumb to before.
Linda Jennings
Jul 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Greed never pays!
Bethany Mustafa
Sep 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Easy to read all the way through, good character developement, and lessons that hit close to home for probably most of us. Pretty good read.
Lolois3yahoo.com
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Hard to put down! Great author.
Sonya
Jul 02, 2009 added it
I really enjoyed this book. .
Terri
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoy reading it. It's story about financial problems. You can't serve both God and money. As I agreed with Randy Alcorn's quote .
Jack
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Keetha Summers
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Why did the author use the character's first AND last names sooo much!?
Chere
Barbara Behnken
Mar 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Double Vision
  • The Crystal Cavern: A Place For Refuge or A Deadly Trap?
  • The Promise Remains
  • Less than Dead (Bug Man Series #4)
  • Life in Defiance (Defiance, Texas Trilogy #3)
  • Katie's Dream (The Wortham Family, #3)
  • Dread Champion
  • Ain't No River
  • Secrets, Lies and   Alibis
  • The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
  • Life Everlasting (Santee, #2)
  • The God Hater
  • Winner Take All
  • Out of the Shadows (Nick Barrett, #1)
  • Black Hills Blessing (Black Hills Blessing #1-3)
  • Hide and Seek (Sgt. Major Eric Moyer, #4)
Best-selling suspense novelist Kathy Herman has written twenty novels—including the Secrets or Roux River Bayou Series, Sophie Trace Series, the Seaport Suspense Series, and the Phantom Hollow Series—since retiring from her family’s Christian bookstore business. She and her husband, Paul, have three grown children and live in Tyler, Texas.
More about Kathy Herman...