Start by marking “Kiss of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #8.5)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of Venom  (Elemental Assassin, #8.5)

Kiss of Venom

(Elemental Assassin #8.5)

The New York Times bestselling Elemental Assassin series continues with a new e-novella—from the hero’s point of view! Owen Grayson is bound and determined to get Gin back...if her enemies don’t get her first.

Published July 22nd 2013 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of Venom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of Venom

Ferdy
Spoilers

-I think I hate Owen more after reading his POV. I wasn't impressed with his weak excuses — they didn't make any sense.

-Apparently, Owen never stopped loving Gin, and he wasn't mad at her, he was just mad at himself for not stepping up and protecting everyone from his psycho ex. Really? What utter bullshit. The way he dumped Gin, ignored her, and looked down at her, showed how much he hated her and blamed her for Salina's death. None of his actions post-Salina's death indicated that he h
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

While Owen and Phillip are out for a boy's night on the town at Northern Aggression, Gin and Bria show up and Owen can't take his eyes off her. Needing a break, he heads to the bathroom where he overhears a giant and a dwarf talking about killing Gin. Wanting to do whatever he can for her, Owen takes Phillip outside where they lie in wait for the two would be assassins.

It was great getting a short story from Owen's POV. I love that he still wants Gin and is missing her but he is still s
Jo
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, gr2016
Gin Blanco. The assassin the Spider. The woman I loved—the one I’d betrayed.

A much needed POV from Owen and a definite must read for fans of this series.

After the previous two books I have been very disappointed with Owen, and not understanding why he’s been keeping his distance from Gin. I was actually beginning to think he didn’t really love her. But in this book we are given a much needed insight into his feelings and why he’s been acting the way he has.

After everything that has been

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I have a confession to make, me, the queen of not skipping books in series or reading out of order, read this out of order,

But, in my defense, I couldn’t resist. I mean, hello, a book told all in Owen's point of view? How can anyone resist that. And besides, the spoilers that this book held for books six and seven and maybe even eight, I already had some idea of so, why not take the chance and do it anyway right?

Honestly, I can say now that I have read this, it was worth it to read it not only o
Jen Davis
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh Owen, this novella was almost what I needed to start forgiving you for your abject stupidity and completely out-of-character behavior in the past couple of books. Your contrition was heartfelt and long overdue. You owned your bad behavior. You move towards making amends. I just wish I would have gotten a little bit more of an explanation of WHY. It's so close.
"...the really sad thing, the really pathetic thing, the truly unforgiveable thing, was that I knew exactly what kind of stupid ass I w
Steven
I'm a little more disappointed in Owen after reading this. Mostly because he knows he's being stupid and is not stepping up and doing something about it. If he's disappointed in himself, he's being silly. Doesn't he realize that the same reason he was able to see the good in Salina (even though it totally got the better of him in her case) is the same reason he is capable of seeing the good in Gin? And since he knows Gin's sins ahead of time and still loves her, doesn't he realize that means it' ...more
Shari Kay
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
What a schmuck. I remember when I use to like Owen.

And don't even get me started on Mr.-there- will- be- only- one- Mrs. -Phillip... yada yada, and then chase after, flirt with and ogle everything with boobs. He doesn't deserve Eva. I wanted to cut off his stupid ponytail and stuff it down his throat for most of this book...and it's a short book. Errr

I was hoping this novella would clear things up. Tell us why Owen acted like such a douche canoe in the past 2 books and restore my faith in him. N
Pamela
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, reviewed
If Gin can be so honest and upfront about her feelings for Owen, why can't he do the same and talk to her about his feelings for her, and the guilt he feels for failing everyone when he stood by Salina? Every time they meet up he keeps telling Gin he needs more time. Tell her the truth. Don't leave her hanging because you're too chicken-shit to tell her the truth. What bullshit! No woman deserves that. Everything he said and did in this book didn't make any sense with how he treated Gin in books ...more
Penni
I enjoyed this short story from Owen's POV. It was good to hear what he was thinking. But seriously Owen - just pick up the d*mn phone. Walk over and talk to her. Seriously. Just talk.
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
FINALLY we get Owen’s POV.

I a lot of fans were angry with Owen, even gave him the kiss-off of death. Did I? NO. Yes I was muffed with Owen over his Donovan like behavior in Widow’s Web. But I understood why he felt the way he did. Did I agree with him? To a point, yes.

The reason he gave Gin at the time was that he wasn’t judging her like Donovan had but that he didn’t like that she didn’t even listen to him before she did want she did (trying not to spoil peeps not up to date). And I see how t
Cheryl La Pa
Great short read. Written from Owen's POV, I loved getting to know his thoughts and feelings about Gin as he tries to work through his guilt about not seeing through Salina and the impact it had on his friends and family.

Maria Dimitrova
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Now that was short but very entertaining!

I love it when authors write side stories featuring alternate POVs and Estep did a fantastic job with Kiss of Venom. It gives a whole new dimension to both the series and characters and helps understand them better.

I actually find myself liking Owen a lot more now. I’ve always had a hard time figuring him out so it was very nice to get into his head for a while. And seeing Gin in his eyes really is priceless! Actually, this short story is so enlightening
Karla

4 Stars! It's all about Owen, his voice, his thoughts...I enjoyed his point of view!

Who doesn't love a man that would kill for her? Owen's been thinking a lot about his life, what he wants, who he wants, and I like the way his mind works. This is a nice little tidbit for fans of the series, and for those of us who love Owen, which is just about everyone! I also enjoyed seeing more of Phillip and hope eventually that he gets his girl too!
Fangs for the Fantasy
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Owen and Phillip are having a guy’s night out in the club – but Owen’s having a hard time letting go and enjoying himself with his head fully absorbed in how badly he messed up with Gin – which only gets more depressing when Gin and Bria come to the club for their own night out

With so much regret to mull over, it’s almost a relief when Owen hears a couple of assassins planning to take Gin down. The least he can do is try to keep her night undisturbed.

In some ways, this is exactly the kind of sho
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I was excited to get a peek inside the mind of Owen Grayson and even though Kiss of Venom was short it most definitely was also sweet. Unlike many of Jennifer Estep’s loyal fans, I didn’t banish him from my herd of book boyfriend after his actions in Widow’s Web. What can I say? People (and characters) do stupid things for love!

I like how in the opening chapter we first meet-up with Owen at Northern Aggression with Philip and he’s drinking… you guessed it! Gin and tonic.
Cstillsquare
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy

This short story seems to retcon Owen's douchery in a very artificial way.

I would have liked to see him admit, first, that he should have been more open with Gin about the lingering feelings he had for Salina when she stepped back into his life. Second, I wanted him to admit that he was angry at Gin for (view spoiler). And then I would have liked to see him start the process of getting over it, making amends
Komal
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Estep does a great job with fantasy and action, but usually misses the mark when it comes to Gin's personal life.
Heather
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
When you have a history of dating an assassin, a night out on the town can turn deadly—fast. Owen Grayson is still wracked with guilt over the end of his love affair with Gin Blanco, and there aren’t enough gin and tonics in all of Ashland to ease his heartache. But when Gin happens to show
Ronda
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-favourites
Owen - I love this man with every piece of my heart!!! This is Owen's piece, spending a night with Phillip and making it just like old times because of unfolding events. We get Owen's thoughts and feelings of what has happened since the death of Salina and it kind of irons out a few of my own thoughts and feelings knowing what is going on in that gorgeous man's head!

This has just made me want to grab the next installment of Gin's adventures, I truly love this series and Jennifer Estep is an abso
Leanne Crabtree
*sigh* Owen...

I don't know what to say other than I'm glad you've realised that you can get over your guilt, that you do deserve to be with Gin, that you won't let Salina come between you for much longer.

I loved how you beat the crap out of those two, with a little help from Phillip of course, just so Gin wouldn't have another enemy to beat when she got back to her car.

You better win her back properly in the next full length novel!
Jess
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Eh...I'm not sure what I was expecting getting Owen's POV but I still need more (like him groveling on his knees to Gin would be a good start). It was interesting to get Owen's thoughts but I still don't forgive him for how he treated Gin. He has a long way to go to be deserving of Gin again.

But - I LOVED getting more of Phillip. I love this guy!
Jen
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars & The only reason it lost the half star is because Owen mentioned wronging everyone and believing Salina over everything way to many times. Other than that, I really enjoyed getting Owen's POV. At least now I get to see for myself how he really feels.
Tami
Aug 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Nice little bit to tide over until the next installment. A little too short.
Netanella
"Kiss of Venom" does for Owen and Phillip what the earlier "Parlor Tricks" did for Gin and Bria - it gives us a one-day snapshot of a two-man, or two-woman team, in action, and progresses a lot of the emotional connections elements together. In a sense, the overriding story-arc takes a breather as the main characters eliminate some minor baddies and deal with relationship fallout.

And this one is Owen's relationship fallout with Gin. Owen's rejection of Gin for killing his psychotic ex-girlfriend
Moondance
"You're an idiot."

This is a novella told from Owen's point of view after the events at Briartop in Deadly Sting. Owen and Phillip Kincaid are having a night put when Owen overhears a plot to kill Gin. The two come up with a plan to protect her without her being aware of the danger.

Owen had still not redeemed himself completely at this point in the storyline. I read the next two books before reading this novella so I did know what was going to happen later.

I enjoyed seeing Owen and Phillip workin
Alice at Raptureinbooks
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great to read from Owen's POV. I've not read this novella before so it was good to see the changes
Jenevieve
Jul 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
A novella set in the Elemental Assassin world, told from Owen's POV and taking place between Deadly Sting and Heart of Venom. Owen is out with Phillip trying to reconnect after years of fueding caused by Salina's lies. While they are out, Owen stumbles across a pair of thugs gunning for Gin and he's determined to take them out quietly and give her a night's peace which is a rare gift for her indeed. Can he and Phillip actually pull that off is the question.

It was nice to get a look inside Owen's
Shelley
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

In the immortal words of Mister Burns (The Simpson's)..."Excellent" ::rubbing fingers together::

For those who haven't experienced the Elemental Assassin series yet, may I politely ask you to save this until you are caught up? My reasoning is that everything that happens in Kiss of Venom is tied to the previous installments Widow's Web and Deadly Sting and will undoubtedly lead into Heart of Venom.

You've probably heard from your friends that we have had
Dawn
Review of Kiss of Venom I have wanted a peek in Owen’s mind for quite sometime, so of course when I found out about the novella I had to get it.

I am not sure what I expected but it was not this. I never saw Owen as a pouter or a man who did not go after what he wants even if he screwed up. Instead he sits across a bar brooding and pondering – really beating a dead horse and never once does he step up to the plate and open his mouth. Made him a bit of a coward which sucks.

The ending helped a li
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • Lost to the Gray (Shaede Assassin, #2.5)
  • In Sea-Salt Tears (October Daye, #5.1)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • Grimm Consequences (Transplanted Tales, #1.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance
  • Pros and Cons (Nikki Glass, #2.5)
  • Haunted Wolves (Green Pines, #2)
  • Devil's Luck (The Disillusionists, #3.5)
  • Have Stakes, Will Travel (Jane Yellowrock, #4.5)
  • Dead Man's Deal (The Asylum Tales, #2)
  • Forbidden Fruit (Corine Solomon, #3.5)
  • In Vino Veritas (Dorina Basarab, #2.1)
  • Blooded (Jessica McClain, #0.5)
  • Haunted (Anna Strong Chronicles, #8)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • River Road (Sentinels of New Orleans, #2)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. She is the author of the following series:

THE ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy battling bad guys and righting wron

Elemental Assassin (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
  • Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)
  • Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)
  • By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6)
  • Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9)
  • The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10)