Start by marking “Symphony of Light and Winter (Symphony of Light, #1)” as Want to Read:
Symphony of Light and Winter (Symphony of Light, #1)

Symphony of Light and Winter

(Symphony of Light #1)

One woman. Seven men. All bound by one man’s undying devotion.

Fundraiser Linden Hill has a knack for reading people. She always knows which conversations will put a prospect at ease, which drink will loosen a patron’s lips—or his wallet, and how cleavage will make a donor sweeten the deal. She’s even foreseen her dateless weekends four hundred and sixty-four times in a
Published June 19th 2013 by Etopia Press

To ask other readers questions about Symphony of Light and Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Symphony of Light and Winter

Start your review of Symphony of Light and Winter (Symphony of Light, #1)
Valerie Twombly
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This author has done an amazing job with her first novel. If you love paranormal romance with a twist then I highly recommend you give this a read.

From the very first page I was hooked. The characters Cryil and Linden, drew me in. I laughed and yes, I even had a tear. What I loved about this book was it is not your run of the mill paranormal. Ms. Mason has created a new world never seen before. I can't wait for the next book!
Pam Nelson
5 freaking HOT stars.

Keeping my original review - just a re-read.
This book has it all mystery, suspense and it will burn you from the inside out!

Linden Hill is different but doesn't really know why. She isn't your timid shy girl oh no, she has grit and balls. I really enjoyed getting to know her. I love her profanity!

Cyril was more a mystery. I really wasn't a fan of his until near the end of the book, then he eventually grew on me. You kind of love to hate him. You will see when you read the
Kishan Paul
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. Funny, sexy, and suspenseful, Renea Mason's novel had me laughing and eager to see what happens next. If you like paranormal romance, definitely check out this one.
Aubrey Wynne
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I do not read paranormal, it is not my genre. That said, this novel pulled me in with the first chapter and never let me go. Ms. Mason skillfully combines lust, love, regret and humor into an unusual storyline. Her heroine is believable and sexy and the hero is a sensual bad boy that gets your blood pumping. She may have pulled me over to the dark side.
Dianne
Filled with a dark presence, an intensely detailed plot and the heat of an erotic dream, Symphony of Light and Winter by Renea Mason is one amazing read! Love, lust, arrogance, need and passion make for a spellbinding paranormal adult read that defies being categorized in just one genre.

With a shared past, death, separation and “re-birth” two very strong characters find their love to know no limits, but how long before they are separated again, and what secrets are held deep within as they are
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

After reading and loving the BDB series I've been trying to read any pnr series that look interesting. I purchased this book because it looked intriguing and it had many good reviews.
where do I begin. Yoww....sa! The characters are really interesting and different. Excellent mix of love story and mystery….
It was hard for me to put down and I can't wait to read more. Amazingly fresh, funny, entertaining, inventive, dangerous, sexy, hot, erotic, heart warming,and JUST PLAIN GOOD!

Alyssa Turner
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Symphony of Light and Winter is an intelligent book, steeped in philosophy and thoughtful allegory. Creativity abounds in a world unlike any I've read before. Cyril is complex hero, who is irresistible despite his prickly ways. High action and intense chemistry keep you glued to each page. I enjoyed my time in this world of tragic heroes, art and classical music. Kudos to Renea Mason for creating an entirely unique character in Cyril and weaving a compelling beginning to what will surely be an ...more
Turn The Page Bookstore
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this paranormal romance by Renea Mason. It has a unique take on the paranoraml aspect of things like nothing that I have ever read. Cyril and Linden are HOT together and who doesn't like a little bit of that in their romance books? This is definitely a series that I will be following in the future! 5 stars all the way!!!
Susan
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An oh-so-sexy paranormal with a twist. You won't be able to put down once you start. You'll fall in love with Cyril & Linden. I know I did!
Daisy Sloan

OMG! This book is not what I expected AT ALL! I’m not really sure what I was expecting but this wasn’t it! This is going to be a really hard review to write because I don’t want to give anything away. Part of the draw of this book is trying to figure out who and what Cyril is.

Cyril is an intriguing man who apparently died 10 years ago. Or so Linden thought. But now, here he is again. Linden thinks she’s losing her mind. Personally I would too!

Cyril is mysterious, dangerous, powerful and OMG
Lady
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible-editions
•••I listened to the Audible Audio Edition of this book•••

This was my first experience with Michael Levine and Erin deWard ’s performance and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Michael is very good at accents and that lent another layer to his characters. Erin has a very good grasp at conveying myriad emotions. Overall I don't think any other pair of narrators could have pulled this off as well. I hope they continue to work together until the end of the series :)

In The Blood

This series must be listened
Sky
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Cyril and Linden are the perfect match for each other. I have laughed my butt off, I have melted into a big puddle on the floor, and I have most definitely swooned until near fainting while reading this book LOL!
What I love the most about this book, is that Renea has created a refreshing, paranormal world unlike any I have ever read. Our alpha-hero in this story is one big, bad, mysterious, God-like man with an assortment of abilities and a paranormal-race unlike anything you may have
Vettech
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a wild and crazy ride this book was for me. In a few short words...I loved it!! This is a difficult review to write, simply because there was so many things going on. I don't think I write very good reviews, but will try to do this wonderful story justice.

When Linden Hill is attending a fundraiser for the symphony and spots a man she saw die before her eyes ten years before...she can't believe it. At the tender age of 18 Linden fell in love with a handsome stranger. When he is gone her
SheLuvsGod
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I listened to the audio for my book club and was given a free copy for an honest review.

Great beginning to a new series!!!

Let me begin my saying the narration was great. Maybe even the best I've heard with two narrators. I LOVED the growly sexy voice of Cyril. Micheal Levine and Erwin deWard are world class in my book. They narrated more than the words, the pants and breaths and signs made everything more intense.

Now the story was fresh and new. I've only read one other series that even came
Jenny
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nessie Strange
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'd definitely recommend this book to all paranormal romance fans! The characters are fantastic, the story is unique and the combination makes a very engaging read. The heroine, Linden is strong-willed and stubborn. I love her wry sense of humor and how she doesn't take any crap from anyone...especially the hero, Cyril. Cyril, of course, is the ultimate bad-ass supernatural alpha male. Their relationship is volatile at times, tender at others and the chemistry is ALWAYS smokin' hot. Ms. Mason ...more
Marianne Willis
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, 5 stars.

I absolutely loved this book. It was one of those stories that constantly stay on your mind. I was always so anxious to read another chapter. I became emotionally invested in these characters, and couldn't get enough.

First, we have Linden, a saucy lady who made me laugh at every turn. And Cyril...ah, Cyril, the sexiest man on earth. He is dangerous, cocky and even cunning. I loved every minute of their encounters and even nicknamed them Lindril :)

Rena Mason does an
Cait Jarrod
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The originality of Symphony of Light and Winter is in a class of its own. Being a debut author didn’t stop Renea Mason from making the story come to life. From a complex hero to gorgeous heroine, they are feisty, prickly, and two of the most irresistible, intriguing characters I’ve read in a paranormal romance.

Every array of emotions will hit as you read the love story between two people, Cyril and Linden. From the chemistry building to the intense suspense, this book will have you flipping the
Elizabeth
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, paranormal
This is the kind of book that makes you frantically turn back to page one to ease the need you're left with at the last page. Then you scramble to the author's website for any news of a sequel.

I first chose it due to the beautiful cover and the title. Light and winter are such a tantalizing contrast. I didn't read the blurb until I bought it.

The contrasts remain constant through the novel. Nobody is what they seem and in spite of who they grow into it is so easy to recognize them as what they
Kjen
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars~~~This was a unique and interesting read. I was compelled to continue reading even though it was out of my comfort zone at times. Translation: I didn't fully know what was going on. That is Mason's hook, actually. Her reveals come when they are needed in the story and not before. Linden and Cyril are a volatile couple, but it works for them. The ending was a convoluted mess due to a distinct lack of couple communication and each having the desire to sacrifice for the other. ...more
Season Meyers
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! Some of the reviews I read when trying to decide if I should purchase this book compared it to Fifty Shades of Grey. What a travesty that comparison is! Fifty Shades of Grey was just crap while this book was a refreshing storyline by an author whom I had never read before. She breathed new life into the paranormal genre that I think had previously been missing. If you are looking for a well written paranormal romance that will keep you on the edge of your seat, this is ...more
Savannah Storm
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: favorites
Highly addicting! I read the reviews and they caught my attention by saying they couldn't put it down.So I accepted the challenge and lied to myself as I tried to put it down so I could go to sleep since I had to work the next day. needless to say I didn't put it down. I read all through the night and wee hours of the morning. Cyril , be still my heart you sexy arrogant beast, you can keep me up as long as you like!! I can't wait to read the next one !
Nessa
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book completely blew my mind away! From the very first page, I was consumed by the story and shocked by each new revelation, but trying to guess what was happening next. I'm looking forward to continuing the journey with Linden and her merry band of men (he he he) and seeing what adventures they'll continue to have.

I received an ARC for an honest review of this book.
Jessica
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! I loved it! I'm new to the whole paranormal type romances. Some of the ones I read just didn't hold my attention. But Renea Mason had me from the very beginning of this book. I thought about it for days afterwards and only truly good reads cause me to do that!
Robin Malone
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've ever read by Renea Mason. I won this book in a contest, but it won't sway my review whatsoever.

The Review:

Before I began reading, I wasn't really sure what to expect. The title threw me off a little bit as to what this book would hold within it. But the words "One woman. Seven men." hooked me like a horny little fish and the rest of the book reeled me in and mounted me to the wall. (Pun not intended...well...it wasn't at first.)

The book starts off with Linden making
Ashley
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Yes, I really stayed up until 4:30 am to finish reading this book! It is so different from most of what I've read in this genre. And despite being incredibly sad toward the very end, the last page or two absolutely cracked me up! I can't wait until the next book comes out! I'll post the rest of my review after I get it done for my blog. :)

UPDATED: From my blog

I'm not going to lie...when I first read the description of this book, I was a little hesitant about whether or not I was going to like
preppea
Oh my. What an amazingly different book. First of all, the initial interactions Linden had with Cyril were so hot I had actual dreams about them. *Fanning self* Talk about making my imagination run wild. Cyril was this awful caveman of a man at the beginning but the pull between him and Linden was undeniable and beyond explanation.

Cyril doesn’t remember Linden at all but he can sense his blood in her and that tells him she has somehow stolen from him in the past. He’d kill her for the betrayal
Anne Lange
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Symphony of Light and Winter is not your normal paranormal. It is such an utterly fantastic blend of non-vampire, non-angel, non-demon, non-god stuff that it truly drew me in from page one and kept me reading (to the exclusion of everything else).

I don’t know what it was exactly—perhaps it was because all of those things were hinted at, providing glimpses of each, but there wasn’t an overwhelming focus on any given one. Perhaps it was the easy banter back and forth between Linden (the heroine,
Paulina Woods
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know those times when you are sitting in a crowded area and start talking to your book? Everyone turns to look at you like your crazy and you hardly notice just kinda say, "Oh sorry this is crazy," and go back to reading? That was me during most of this book. How I wanted to scream and pull Cyril by the hair toss him into a dark room and tell him to work out his feelings or else. Sexy, arrogant and just a tad dark…no wonder Linden could hardly keep her panties on.

Than there was Linden who
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads Review:

The first thing that caught my attention about Symphony of Light and Winter was its stunning cover. The colors just pop and the title is just amazing. It reached out and grabbed my complete attention. I was definitely more then happy to do a review for this wonderful book and author. This is a paranormal romance with some amazing and interesting characters. You have the sexy Cyril who makes most women drop their panties, and the feisty heroine, Linden who is all
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Mate's Lore (Chosen by the Vampire Kings, #0.1)
  • Just My Type
  • 10 Dates (The Power of Ten, #1)
  • Burned (Ignite, #1)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Blood Shadows (Blackthorn, #1)
  • Abducting Abby (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #1)
  • Finding the Fire Within (Seaside Wolf Pack, #2)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
  • Finding Somewhere to Belong (Seaside Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Andromeda's Reign (Moonrising #2)
  • Midnight Moonrising  (Moonrising, #1)
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Treasure Of The Abyss (The Kraken, #1)
  • The Princess (Filthy Trilogy #2; Dirty Rich, #9)
  • Jed Had to Die
  • Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)
"Sexy, fun and so creative it makes my head spin! I'd read the damn phone book if Renea Mason wrote it."
-NYT and USA TODAY Bestselling author ROBYN PETERMAN

Multi-award-winning and bestselling author Renea Mason writes paranormal and contemporary erotic romance that challenges the definition of conventional love. As the author of the 2016 Audie award-winning Curing Doctor Vincent, Renea prides

Symphony of Light (4 books)
  • Between the Waters (Symphony of Light, #2)
  • Trinity of Light (Symphony of Light, #3)
  • Nocturnal Seductions: Rhys (Symphony of Light, #0)
“I felt need. It was you. I can never allow myself to need you. So, my only choice is to make you need me, because ridding myself of you is no longer an option.” 13 likes
“Please, always look at me this way. Stare into my eyes and see me for who I am and know that there is nothing more than this. When the world calls things into question, you need not question me because I will always be here for you.” 10 likes