Start by marking “What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)” as Want to Read:
What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)

What the Bride Didn't Know

(The Wests #3)

Shh…it's a secret!

Published October 22nd 2013 by Harlequin KISS (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about What the Bride Didn't Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Bride Didn't Know

Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
The mark of a good book is often when an author is able to create enough interest in a reader to go back and read the books that came previously and What the Bride Didn't Know did just that. I am familiar with Kelly Hunter and count her Bennett series amongst my favourites but somehow missed out on the West family.

First off I am a sucker for friends to lovers story especially when it is the guy who has had the bulk of feelings and does the chasing. Trig is an extremely likable he
Jacob Proffitt
This is third in a series and it's probably best if you read them in order. I know there were times when I wished I had known more about the intrusions and backstory.

This is short, which is fortunate as it doesn't withstand scrutiny, even a little. I mean, the whole plot is one contrivance after another starting with their self-assigned "mission" and continuing through the plot-bearing amnesia and eventual resolution. Trig is kinda nice, though. And Lena had just enough weight in her Tragic Past
Jacqueline J
Another enjoyable Kelly Hunter. As I've said before this is an author who needs to move on to longer contemporary romances and out of genre. I haven't read the other books in the series, and how did I miss them? I will be going back and reading them though. This one was cute while also have serious themes. The heroine is recovering from a very serious gunshot wound and her life is very dfferent from the extremely active one that she's always lived.

The hero, Trig, has loved her practically all th
Jane Stewart
This was not a good story for me. I also had problems with the audiobook narrator.

HERE’S THE SETUP:
Lena is traveling with Trig. She is mugged. They take her wallet. She is unconscious. Trig tells the hospital that she is his wife so they will quickly treat her and talk to him about it. She is not his wife. They are friends.

MOST OF THE STORY (with sort of Spoilers, but they are predictable due to the romance formula):
Lena has selective amnesia and asks Trig all kinds of questions about their marr
Desere
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Leaning on others for strength is not something everyone is able to do, for some they feel as if their weakness and inability to perform a certain task or act in a certain manner is their downfall simply because it means they are not normal. They tend to build up walls of defence to insure no one intrudes until such time they have sorted through it all, but some of them never fully emerge from behind those walls ever again.

Instead they come out stronger and more determined than ever before to ge
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was pure fun!

Our couple, Trig and Lena, have known each other since forever. They're as close as family and openly share that love. However, the thing that's never spoken about by either of them, is that they are also completely in love with each other in a very non-familial way. The obstacle to that love? Lena's older brother, who put a kibosh on any attempts Trig made with his younger sister as a teen, which he has never revoked.

We rejoin Lena and Trig some 15 years later - and afte
Soby
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I didn't really enjoy this book and I think this was due mainly to the misleading synopsis. I thought this would be a romance with the two protagonists posing as newly weds to further a covert-ops type mystery sub-plot. Rather than an intentional ruse, the pretend honeymoon is because Lena, our likeable heroine, hits her head, suffers amnesia, and ends up believing she's married to Trig, our even more likeable hero. I know that there's a certain amount of suspension of disbelief that goes with t ...more
Julianna
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Lighter Contemporary Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"3.5 stars" I requested a review copy of What the Bride Didn't Know, because it sounded like a fun premise and I wanted to try out the new Harlequin Kiss imprint. The story certainly fits with the line's description as being fun and flirty. It also had some decent entertainment value, but ultimately, I didn't really feel the emotional connection between the hero and heroine in the way I would have liked. Trig and Lena have supposedly been in love with one another since th
Hsiau Wei
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lena haven’t heard from her brother for some time now. He is on a secret assignment but being away without any contact, she worried he may be in trouble and wanted to search for him. Trig is her brother’s best friend, decided to go along with her. When Lena was injured due to an accident, she lost her memory and she thought that Trig and she is married and is on honeymoon. She tried so hard to recall their wedding and moments of them together. She doesn’t want her injury to hinder them from enjo ...more
MBR
ARC Review: What the Bride Didn't Know by Kelly Hunter

Rating = 4.25/5

Caliber SEAL: AWESOME READ!

Final Verdict: Loved the snazzy humor and the sizzle! No wonder Trig and Lena makes for such a fantastic duo.

Review goes live at 00:00 hours MVT, October 22, 2013!
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it
This is the first book I've read by Ms. Hunter. I enjoyed it so much that I'm gonna track down the first two West siblings books. And I hope you got another one planned for Jared.

Loved Trig. Such a good man and had loved her for forever. Lena I wanted to smack. Really was it so hard to believe in him and his love. Shame.
Jess
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nothing about this book should have worked, but I found it charming and delightful nonetheless and I really want to stay at that hotel.

And I want Jared's book. RIGHT NOW.
vio
Aug 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Bree T
Oct 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Lena West has always been trying to keep up with her brainy and capable siblings as well as her older brother’s best friend Adrian, better known as Trig. In fact she’s wanted to keep up with them so much that she followed her older brother Jared and Trig into the special intelligence service as a field operative. Well over a year ago, Lena was shot in the abdomen during a mission and it’s been an incredibly long hard road of rehab. Considering her prognosis was a wheelchair for life, the fact th ...more
Nightwitch
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Started out as a fun friends-to-lovers book: he's super hot and has been in love with her for ages, she's angsty and traumatized after a serious injury. Then it goes totally off the rails with a random amnesia plotline. Unfortunate.
Minx
Not the biggest fan of forgotten memory or perpetuating mistaken identity tropes and this book was all but 2 chapters of memory loss. It was cuteish but just not for me. I read this for a reading challenge so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt :D.
Megan
Really enjoyed this. I was glad the hero was the one smittened with her. It was so cute and I actually believed they are in love.
Vanessa
Loved seeing the characters get their own story.
Lori Palle
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
“Who are you?”—Lena to Trig

Trig has loved Lena since they were kids, so there was no way he was going to let her go alone to Istanbul to chase after a lead for her missing brother. When an accident causes Lena to have a temporary bit of memory loss and mistakenly believe Trig is her husband, Trig has a chance to see what his future could be like. And he wants it. As for stubborn and insecure Lena? Despite her denials and doubts, she may find that she does, too…

“For the first time since waking up
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don’t read a lot of contemporary so I wasn’t sure how I was going to like this one but it turned out to be pretty good.

Lena has always struggled in her own mind to be as smart and great as her genius siblings. She has always been in love with her brother Jared’s best friend Adrian aka Trig. She followed them everywhere doing all sorts of daring things and even entered the Australian Intelligence Service with them.

Nineteen months ago she was shot and almost killed and now she can verily walk. S
Leslie
Oct 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: If you like lighthearted romance

Sometimes I come across a book whose enjoyment mainly is due to the charisma of a character. This book wouldn’t have been as enjoyable for me if it weren’t to its leading man, Adrian “Trig” Sinclair. If it wasn’t for him, I don’t know if I would’ve liked the book. He took center stage from the start and didn’t falter throughout the book.

Trig was a great mixture of the strong, take charge male, with wry humor and endearing shyness when it came to dealing with situation involving Lena We
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

4 STARS

This book had such an interesting take on the tried and true friends to lovers angle and well as the brother’s best friend angle, yes they are both present in this story but with a twist. A twist that turns out to be intriguing, entertaining, frustrating, and sexy as hell. What The Bride Didn’t Know is a title that some might misinterpret, but rest assured the bride is no slouch and her “groom”
Vanya D.
NOTE: I received the eARC via Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

When I read the summary of What the Bride Didn't Know, I was sure I'd like it. I mean, spies, romance, come on! It's bound to be good. Then I read it in what could be described as one breath and I thought "Yup. You were right to request it." The story turned out to be cute, realistic, full of passion and not too much, but enough, danger.

Writing style:
It was impeccable, fluent and captivating. It didn't take me long to finis
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
*Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World :)*

I enjoyed reading What the Bride Didn't Know very much, it definitely had an interesting plot line and the characters were just hard to resist. Kelly Hunter does a good job describing the characters and setting of the book. I found myself intrigued and wanting to know more of them and their story. Trig Sinclair and Lena have known each other for years, being Lena's older brother's best friend, Trig has always kept his distance. But over the yea
Janice Liedl
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Absolutely super but, oh, you'll be sorry when you come to the end of this short, sweet and sexy romance. Lena and Trig have a history that literally goes back to their high school days. Lena's brother does not approve when Trig shows some interest - he's friend-zoned but good!

Hunter's book jumps from that opening vignette to the present day when Lena and Trig are dealing with the fall-out from her near-mortal injury during a spy mission and, effectively sidelined, Lena sidesteps those rules to
Roz ~ My Written Romance
You can read my other reviews at My Written Romance.

I was provided with an ARC of this book by Harlequin via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

My rating: 4 out of 5

I seem to be reading out of order a bit lately. What the Bride Didn't Know is the third book in Kelly Hunter's West family series, but I didn't feel as if I had missed anything by reading book 3 before book 1.

There was so much to enjoy about this book - the exotic locale (Istanbul), the ever so present thread of suspense and
Sara
Apr 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
This book wasn't what I expected. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Or good. It was just....kind of different from what I thought.

The story starts with a view of the main characters as teens. And I got intrigued.
Then there's a jump in the present and Lena, the femail character, is not what I expected. This time in a bad way. She's kind of annoying and stubborn and lost in self-pity. Understandable maybe, in her condition. But still. Not my favorite kind of female heroine.
Trig, we don't ge
Karen Korb
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
About The Book: Shh…it's a secret! Special ops expert Trig Sinclair is a man's man, and that means he knows the cardinal rule of the bro code—no matter how dynamite Lena West is, as his best friend's younger sister, she's strictly off-limits! But when a secret mission to Istanbul sees Lena and Trig pretending to be married (and sharing a bed!), he finds himself in a whole new world of sweet torture…. But if Trig thinks playing the honor-bound hero is tough, it's got nothing on how Lena feels whe ...more
Jen
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book as part of the Goodreads Giveaways.

First of all, I dislike when book covers have a photo of people that do not look remotely like the characters, but that has nothing to do with my review.

I was surprised about how the book was because I was under the impression, like others, that it was about two people within ASIS who had to pretend to be on a honeymoon as part of an undercover mission, and not that the honeymoon idea came from the main character. I always cringe away from
Jay Kenobi
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Special ops expert Trig Sinclair knows the rules of the bro code: no matter how dynamite Lena West is, as his best friend’s younger sister, she’s strictly off-limits. That’s been made perfectly clear. When a secret trip to Istanbul sees Lena and Trig pretending to be married and sharing a bed, Trig finds himself in a whole new world of sweet torture. If Trig thinks playing the honour-bound hero is tough, it’s got nothing on how Lena feels when she discovers the secret her “groom” is hiding…

I was

• Her Kind of Trouble
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • The Deepest Ocean (Eden #2)
  • Heartless (The House of Rohan, #5)
  • Wanted (Deadly Secrets #2)
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • The Sister Swap
  • The Jade Temptress (The Pingkang Li Mysteries, #2)
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
Australian born Kelly Hunter is a three time Romance Writers of America Rita finalist, a USA Today Bestselling author and loves writing to the demands of the short category romance form.

The Wests (4 books)
  • Flirting With Intent (The Wests, #1)
  • Cracking the Dating Code (The Wests, #2)
  • The Spy Who Tamed Me (The Wests, #4)