Start by marking “Wrong Place, Wrong Time” as Want to Read:
Wrong Place, Wrong Time

Wrong Place, Wrong Time

When Tsara Adelman leaves her husband and two young children for a weekend to visit her estranged uncle, she little dreams he is holding several local children captive on his lavish estate. Mike Westbrook, father of one of the boys, kidnaps her to trade her life for the children's. Soon Tsara and Mike are fleeing through New Hampshire's mountain wilderness pursued by two r ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 397 pages
Published June 1st 2013 by Linden Tree Press

To ask other readers questions about Wrong Place, Wrong Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrong Place, Wrong Time

Doug Jacobs
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I will admit that I am the husband of the author, but here are my honest thoughts. Tilia has not read, written, edited or otherwise tampered with this review. [Scout's Honor]

I've read this book (aloud) three times now. It is well written, reads smoothly, and impels one to turn to the next page to find out what happens next. The characters are likable, except those who are not, and they are truly icky. Our liking of some characters diminishes to disgust, while our fear and hatred of other charact
Brenda
Tsara Adelman wasn’t sure about her response to her Uncle Cass’ invitation to a fundraiser at his home, Chateau Thornlocke. Estranged for almost twenty five years, she could feel herself rejecting the olive branch he was offering her. But when she discovered her brother Court was going, she decided it might be fun. Her only disappointment was leaving David and her two small children, Josh and Abbie – but it was only for the weekend and David was happy to care for them. If the weekend and reunion ...more
sue
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
** I was given this book to read and review from Linden Tree Press Via Net Galley for an honest review with no monetary gain, just my own thoughts**

I read the blurb and thought it was something I would enjoy getting my teeth into, I love to read a good thriller now and again. I wasn't disappointed at all, it was a fast paced book that kept me busy for several hours today relaxing and reading, oh and biting my nails!

The first half of the book was good, but the second half was OMG, really a page t
Books Laid Bare
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This took me on a journey that I was not anticipating, it took a while to get going and I was had events that I actually found darker than I had been prepared for but it was very well written and the attention to descriptive details was fantastic.
The story twists and turns unexpectedly and I have to say that I was caught by surprise on the direction the story was taking on more than one occasion.
I liked Tsara, she was a strong character who I couldn’t help but get attached to, and she went throu
Jonetta

Tsara Adelman was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time. After years of estrangement, she agrees to visit her Uncle Cass for a gala event at his home. That night while she was preparing for bed, she was abducted from her room at his chateau in New Hampshire. She then embarks on the most harrowing experience of her life.

The heart of the story
Details about Tsara's life and the reasons she and her brother hadn't seen their mother's brother for years unfold throughout the story. I liked t
Debbie
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book free in exchange for a review from Net Galley.

A mother is kidnapped from her uncle's house after a party. She hasn't seen her uncle in years, there has been some bad blood in the family. The men who kidnapped her claim that her uncle is holding young children prisoner. They are going to trade her for the children. The uncle refuses to cooperate. She's in the woods of New Hampshire fearing for her life with two men who said it would be a trade for prisoners the next day and
Tarran
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Intrigue from the start. This book is near impossible to put down. So well written and such an intense story. Excellent book!
Linda Strong
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Tsara is a 42-year-old wife and mother who spends a weekend with her uncle and his family from whom she's been estranged for many years.

While there, she is kidnapped by two men. According to her kidnapper, her uncle is holding several children hostage and awaiting payment from their parents. One of those children is his. His plan is to keep her until his son is returned.

All of this is revealed within the first couple of chapters. The author sets up all kinds of hardships for Tsara and her kidnap
Janet
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wasn't prepared to like this book, but I was dead wrong. It was actually well plotted, with unexpected twists and turns and very little that was predictable. Ms. Klebenov Jacobs has created strong, likeable characters in the hero and heroine. I did struggle a bit with the pacing, it seemed a bit slow at first. As I look back I believe that to be because so much set up had to be in place for the story to play out. It picked up speed in the middle and remained fairly balanced from then. The sett ...more
Heather L
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
4. Solid. Stars. This was a surprisingly good one. It had great elements of a storyline: character development, good description of people and places, and a satisfying ending. I literally laughed, teared up, and gasped throughout it all. And there were numerous lines that I've highlighted, which will be pondered for sometime later. I will enjoy looking forward to more of this author's work.

I received this ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Adam Ford
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is not the genre of book that i normally read, but i picked it up at a highschool reunion as i'm classmates with the author. It is well-written and exciting, with good development into the thoughts and lives of the main characters. If you're looking for a good beach read, this is it, with its vividly painted setting of New England in the fall, ahhh....
Tasneem
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This gripping, fast paced story is extremely well written. The realistic characters and detailed descriptions pulled me in immediately, and I loved that the author managed to weave beautiful sentences and sensitive observations into a compelling plot.

I read the book through in one sitting. Just couldn't put it down!
Lori
Oct 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Very satisfied... that's how this book left me feeling!!! Enjoyed the pace and the characters!!! I did feel like I knew how it would all end, but that didn't keep me from wanting to keep reading!!! Strong 3.5 stars!!!
Marilyn
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very good book. The characters were interwoven well and there weren't too many of them to get confused. The descriptions of the characters and scenery was well written. I felt that I was transported to the mountains, courtroom and prison.
Loretta
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I loved the character Tsara! She is a strong, stubborn, brave, caring woman with a hilarious sense of humour despite being kidnapped, scared, and in danger. In a nutshell, Tsara is one kick ass lady. A couple of her lines that made me laugh out loud:

“She leaned against the tree that way for a moment, and reflected that for the next kidnapping she would definitely wear a bra.”

Reporter: “Tara, what’s it like confronting the man who attacked you?”

Tsara (thinking to herself): “Spiffy! Positively co
Ginny Alexander
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wrong Place, Wrong Time. Tsara and her brother Court came to their Uncle Castle's house for a weekend party, little did they know they would become involved with Cass' extortion schemes in a very big way. Tsara is kidnapped by Mike and his cousin Jim. Little by little we find out that Mike's 6 year old son, Aiden, was kidnapped by Cass and his local henchmen, known as the police, and that Tsara is only a means to an end to get his son back. Mike, while never hesitating to keep Tsara in line when ...more
Melissa
This is a book that I received through GoodReads' free giveaway. It was okay. The part about the main character's kidnapping was a bit long, and I thought it could've been shortened up. I thought the part about the children's abduction and subsequent captivity would figure into the story a little more, but I guess that is not what the author wanted to focus on. I will say that it was well written, with wonderful grammar, which I'm finding less and less common. The dialog was engaging, realistic, ...more
Vanessa
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A very good book. Tsara is a strong likeable female lead, the story itself is interesting. The description and events that occur are vividly portrayed. The original incident is only really the beginning of the story as Tsara attempts to process and come to terms with what has happened. Mike, is really a loveable anti-hero, and I felt that much of Tsara's struggle was because she liked him too. The real bad guys seem to be Cass and Hans whose part in events doesn't feel completely resolved. Whist ...more
Cynthia
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I give this book 4.5 stars since it really isn't one that totally knocked my socks off, but it was better than 4 stars, so I rounded up rather than down. Where some readers may not have liked the characters, other than the obvious villains I felt for all the main characters. This is a story of redemption and forgiveness as much as a thriller and while not "religious" myself, I appreciated the main character's goodness in trying to discern what is right and striving to be what she believes her fa ...more
Kathy
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Wrong Place, Wrong Time by Tilia Klebenov Jacobs is an intriguing suspense novel. The first half of the story deals with the abduction of the heroine, mother and housewife Tsara Adelman; the second half with its aftermath. The plot and characters are well-developed and the pace is good. The underlying theme of the "loss of a loved one" raises many questions about right and wrong, revenge and forgiveness, that will lend itself to lively and thoughtful book club discussions. This is an outstanding ...more
MissSusie
I enjoyed this story a lot I read it in 3 sittings. The characters were all interesting and the motives behind their actions were sometimes a surprise.

I don't want to give too much away but I enjoyed the soul searching and the "what would you do" concepts in this story. I was also very satisfied with the ending of this story.

I would recommend this book if you like thrillers.

3 1/2 Stars
Mary Kennedy
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Heroine Tsara Abrams is edgy swagger with an overlay of happily-ever-after
thrown in - think Angelina Jolie and Naomi Watts morphed together. Add a
smidgen of Katniss Everdeen thrown in for that fun, action/adventure read
we all crave and you've got this great debut novel Pick it up now!

Mary Kennedy Eastham, M.A., MFA Author -
Squinting Over Water - Stories &
The Shadow of a Dog I Can't Forget
www.RP-Author.com/MKE
Elizabeth
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Great book overall. It had some slow spots, but for the most part it really kept me wanting more and was difficult to put down. The ending was somewhat predictable for an avid reader like myself, and yet it did have an unexpected twist. I would highly recommend this book and look forward to more by this author.
Maricia Verma
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wrong Place, Wrong Time is an action-packed thriller. I want Tsara to be my best friend! She is smart, sarcastic, and courageous. The plot is compelling, a kidnapping, and a flight through the woods pursued by less than honest cops! And more than one feel good moment. I loved it, and can't wait for more from this writer!
Elaine
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very suspenseful story of a woman kidnapped in the mountains of New Hampshire. The setting is wonderful and I really sympathized with the main character's desperate need to return to her husband and child. Tilia Klebenov Jacobs dramatizes the tyranny that a powerful and wealthy landholder can exert on a rural community.
William
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i won this novel from goodreads giveaway .it the most exciting story that i read in a while , it kept me reading well into small hours of the nite a few times .makes die hard stories unrealistic in comparison .wrong place wrong time wud and will make a excellent story for a movie, i look forward to many more novels by tilia klebenov jacobs
Joey Paul
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wrong Place, Wrong Time is well written and a great view into what it would be like to be taken by a stranger and held captive. It doesn't just deal with the actual crime, but the aftermath as well and is done so eloquently and in a believable manner. Tilia Klebenov Jacobs is an excellent writer from whom I will be looking to read more. Highly recommended!
Nancy Antonietti
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wrong Place, Wrong Time is a suspenseful, action-packed thriller that is also redemptive and rewarding. Tilia Klebenov Jacobs creates a heroine who is tenacious and brave, and her writing is clever and funny, even while tackling material that is far from humorous. I look forward to reading more from this author!
Lynn Mccarthy
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is well written great character development and detailed descriptions.
It started a bit slow for me but it soon started to gather speed and that was that I was hooked ended up I couldn't put it down.

Thanks to the Author Netgalley and the publisher for a chance to read this book.
Celeste Ng
I met the author in a seminar and was excited to read this book. It was a gripping read, wryly written, raising big questions about right and wrong, morality, and the idea of revenge. An excellent vacation read that you'll still be thinking about long after you return home.
The Page Turners: Wrong Place Wrong Time: R&R {5} 1 6 Feb 14, 2014 07:31AM

• Underwater
  • Dead Silent (Poppy Sinclair, #2)
  • Crashing Into You
  • Lifeboat
  • Deceived
  • The 100 Society
  • The Silver Chain (The Unbreakable Trilogy, #1)
  • Swan Loch
  • Matilda's Freedom
  • The Suicide of Kate Evers
  • Dark Reckoning
  • The Ties That Bind (A Kate Stanton Hollywood Mystery #2)
  • My Brother-But-One
  • Run to You
  • Vengeance Wears Black (Jack Calder Crime Series #2)
  • The Closet (Summerset Tales #1)
  • In Blackness (Book 1)
  • Hush (Lakeview, #1)
Tilia Klebenov Jacobs holds a BA from Oberlin College, where she double-majored in Religion and English with a concentration in Creative Writing. Following an interregnum as an outdoor educator with the Fairfax County Park Authority in Virginia, she earned a Master of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School and a Secondary School Teaching Certification from the Harvard Graduate School of ...more