Start by marking “Montana Standoff” as Want to Read:

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
"TELL US WHERE HE IS AND WE'LL LET YOU GO…"

Kidnapped and dragged into the Montana wilderness, Sarah Langston has no idea where her brother is or what her captors want with him. But when help arrives and removes her blindfold, she's shocked to see the father of the baby she gave up for adoption. Former police officer Bryan Keyes is convinced that Sarah's kidnapping is tied
Published November 5th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Montana Standoff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Montana Standoff

Hannah
2.75
Plotting is this author's strong point, and characterization is second to that. However, the book is written at about a third grade reading level, so there is an overwhelming amount of blow-by-blow telling. "He climbed into the car. She heard the gunshot and waited to feel the pain," etc etc. But it was interesting enough to keep reading, so three stars instead of two.
Cindy
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!

This was a pretty good romantic suspense novel. I will admit I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway and had not read anything by this author previously. I found that the novel jumped right into the action and kept it up for the entire read. I liked the interaction between Sarah and Bryan and found that it seemed very believable. It had plenty of twists and turns. I liked that it was inspiring - the characters we
Patrice
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this Love Inspired Suspense book from the Goodreads giveaways. So glad I did, it is a great story. The author starts the reader off in the middle of a kidnapping. The action and intrigue don’t slow down until you are reading the epilogue.
Sarah Langston is kidnapped and dragged into the Montana wilderness. The abductors want to know where her brother, Crew, is. In all honesty Sarah has no idea where her brother is but, the kidnappers don’t believe her. She can’t imagine what the men want
Kelly Knapp
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Montana Standoff
I love these formula style books; they are comfort reads. Much like comfort meals, these books are the perfect read after a long, hard, and grueling day. Each story is different, but has certain precepts that are followed, the most important being a calm happy ending. There are numerous mini genres within this larger genre of formula writings.
Love Inspired Suspense is one of these mini genres, a mystery with a love story intertwined. Another aspect of Love Inspired is that there
Ruth
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this was the MOST exciting book I believe I have ever read!! Sharon outdid herself on this one!! Just about time I thought they would catch the guy and all would be well, something else would happen!!!! kept me on pins and needles!! I absolutely LOVED this book....if you have not read it, then it is a MUST if you enjoy suspense!! Thanks Sharon, for sharing this wonderful story with us!!!! Looking forward to your next book.
June
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second chance at first love.

Good story about high school sweethearts who have a daughter up for adoption a few years before. They've both gone on with life but find themselves thrown back together when Sarah is kidnapped and then rescued by Bryan who is after her kidnappers.

Harlequin Books
"TOP PICK! The plausible suspense, combined with fast-paced action, starts immediately and does not let the reader go. The determined characters demonstrate that no one has to be defined by past mistakes." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars
Shawn Armstrong
Dec 10, 2013 rated it liked it
This book made me a nervous wreck! I felt as if I ran a race after finishing reading it. While it did have great and unending suspense you didn't get to know the characters very well. Somewhat unrealistic but a very quick read. The constant running drove me crazy.
Christi
Aug 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
This was the worst book I ever read. It was predictable and could have been written by a kindergarten child. Suspense does not exist here because an elephant would know the outcome after the first chapter. I feel dumber for having read this.
John Hanscom
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe even a little more. It was not much of a mystery, as the villain was given at the beginning, but the action is almost non-stop, and exciting.
Alexa Verde
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The action is non-stop from page one. And I loved the way the book started! Grabs the attention immediately and doesn't let go.
Cindy
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great short read! Lots of adventure, kidnapping, intrigue. If you love a fast reading mystery then you should read this book.
Kim
Feb 02, 2017 added it
I really enjoyed reading this book. Kidnapped and dragged off into the wilderness Sara Langston didn't know what her brother kidnapped what him for.
Melissa
Nov 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty good. Too many "bad" situations in the story line. I know it is just a book, but it made almost cheesy
Ann Shea
Ronald H. Zoll
May 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Texas K-9 Unit Christmas: Holiday Hero\Rescuing Christmas
  • High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3)
  • Warning Signs (Stepping Stones Island #1)
  • Danger in Amish Country: Fall from Grace\Dangerous Homecoming\Return to Willow Trace
  • Force of Nature (Stormswept, #2)
  • Thread of Suspicion
  • The Baby Rescue (Witness Protection #2)
  • Stolen Memories (Witness Protection #3)
  • Undercover Marriage (Witness Protection, #6)
  • Wilderness Peril
  • Christmas Cover-Up (Family Reunions, #2)
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • High-Risk Homecoming
After 26 years of marriage Sharon's beloved husband Michael passed away in 2014. Together they had a life filled with adventure, laughter and unconditional love. She considers herself blessed to have been loved that way. She now lives with three nearly grown children, a nervous border collie and two cats.

Her love for mystery and suspense began in the fifth grade, when she found a whole set of Nan
More about Sharon Dunn...