Start by marking “High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3)” as Want to Read:
High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3)

High-Stakes Holiday Reunion

(The Security Experts #3)

A CHILD'S LIFE IS AT STAKE

When Christopher Jordan sees the fear in Ashley Wilson's eyes, he knows he can't let her request for help go unanswered. Despite their tumultuous history, he's the only person his ex-fiancée can trust to find her kidnapped nephew. But how can Christopher trust her when he finds out that Ashley's "nephew" is actually his son, the one she never tol
Published November 5th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about High-Stakes Holiday Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High-Stakes Holiday Reunion

Emilie Haney
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Christy Barritt does it again with High-Stakes Holiday Reunion! As number three in her Security Experts series (don't worry you can read them out of order), she infuses suspense into Christmas the way only Christy Barrritt can!

When Ashley Wilson shows up on Christopher Jordan's doorstep in need of help for her nephew, he knows that he wont turn her down. His determination deepens when he discovers that, in reality, the boy is actually his son - the son Ashely never told him about.

Tension is high
Genre: Romantic Suspense

A CHILD'S LIFE IS AT STAKE

Cindy
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. In fact I was surprised to open the package and find it, I didn't know it was coming. Thank you Christy! I love LIS books for most part and this one did not disappoint. I enjoyed the high drama as Ashley and Christopher work hard to save her nephew and brother. I loved the wrap up at the end, again I was a bit surprised to see who the bad guy was, but I had a bit of a suspicion towards this one. A great story, set during the holiday season, but the holidays are not ...more
Paulette
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Set in Virginia, but involving the war in the middle East, this face to face meeting of two separated lovers involves a lot of danger, drama, and a frightening amount of terrorist activity. Definitely hard to put down!
February Four
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
It should have been obvious from the get-go who David was (and the book didn't hide it long). I'm glad they focused on the people behind everything, though some of the events unfolded in an "I don't know if that's how it would really go down in real life" sort of way. For fiction, this was fun.
Hannah
An exciting read...though I kept getting frustrated with Ashley for not telling her secret earlier. There were lots of twists to it, so it definitely kept my attention without much trouble. I only barely guessed the traitor before the big reveal.
Caitlyn Santi
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Julia Lance
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow the suspense in this one was amazing! I love a good edge of your seat page turner! I couldn't put this book down and finished it in a day. Ashley has a huge secret but she her life is in danger she has no choice but to turn to Christopher her Ex. The chemistry between these 2 characters is amazing. I was fun to see the bond they shared despite some of their feelings from the past. I enjoyed seeing some of the characters from the other books this series was amazing! I was hooked on this book ...more
Judine Brey
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved Ashley and Christopher's story, especially the Navy SEAL angle. Christopher's dedication to his country is admirable, and Ashley's awakening to why he broke their engagement is skillfully done. However, some of the plot twists were just a bit predictable and melodramatic.
Glenda
Amy Woodley
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full of adventure

I enjoyed this book. It was full of adventure, romance and mystery. I didn't want to put it down until I was finished reading it all.
Holly
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love Christy Barritt's books!! This was a fun Christmas one from Inspired Suspense 2013. Definitely worth reading!
Sharon
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book starts with a bang and never lets up! If you want a real page-turner, this is a great little mystery!
Sandra Webb
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW, a great book. I could hardly lay it down. Sure wish there were more in this series. Deserves more than 5 stars!!
Kay Defreese
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I did not enjoy this book as much as the others in the series. Too short.
Ronna
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-give-away
I got this book free from the author. This is my honest review--

Timing is everything! God's timing that is---I actually read this book on Veterans Day. Since this book was about a retuning Navy SEAL and his ex-fiancé, the timing to read this book was excellent. The heart ache of focusing on perfectly serving country or family caused some very difficult times for Christopher and Ashley, who haven't seen each other for almost ten years.

Ashley has come to Christopher for help. She has never forgiv
Doreen Marr
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Someone gave me this book, and as I am a Christy Barritt fan, I found time to read it right away. I enjoyed the mystery and the "keep me on my toes" danger and excitement, but realized that this is the third in a series and I haven't read the first two. It still was great as a stand alone -- but I plan to get the first two and then read this one again! It was a fun holiday read, and kept me guessing! UPDATE: I did get the first two books in this series, Key Witness and Lifeline, and went back an ...more
Ginger Solomon
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After several days of busy-ness, I decided to take the day off and enjoy a good book. I picked up High-Stakes Holiday Reunion by Christy Barritt. I have read several of her books in the past and knew I would enjoy it, and I was right. I read the whole book in a single day, and even when I walked away to do something else, I couldn't wait to get back to it.

If you enjoy romantic suspense, I think you'll like this too.

***I received this book from the author/publisher for the purpose of review. The
John Hanscom
Probably even less. The first 2/3 of the book were exciting, but the resolution toward the end for the mystery was obvious and the end of the conflict between the couple just plain unbelievable, both in its rapidity and that all could be well simply as the offending party had done something very good merely by being in the right place at the right time. Ms. Barritt snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
Jan Locke
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story dealing with so how lives are affected by the hard choices made in the time between teen and adult that result in heartache but also life lessons. There is action from beginning to end as a returned SEAL hero and his high school fiancee are caught in a web by terrorists. I was captivated by the characters and thoroughly enjoyed reading this great series!
Harlequin Books
"These characters address the age-old question of whether it is possible to have a career and family, a sacrifice that's often made by members of our military. The pace is steady as the characters seek to find purpose through tragedy." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: The Security Experts
Katharine Showman
Fast-paced Fiction

This book was scary from the beginning to the end! As usual, Christy Barritt kept us guessing until the very end. I loved it that I finished on the same day as the book ended, Dec. 31. A great holiday read.
Lisa
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In the past year, I have become a huge fan of Christy Barritt's writing. This is the third book in The Security Experts series and the momentum keeps going. You will love Ashley and Christopher's story and the work God does in their lives.
Kim
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Be prepared to have tunnel vision while reading this book as with other Barritt LIS installments! Yet again, Barritt does not disappoint inspirational suspense fans. The high-paced action full of twists and secrets revealed will draw you in on page one.
Cathy Daniel
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Awww this is one of my favorite authors so I'm sad not to care for this book too much :( I just don't like the secret baby plot device in so many series romances . I didn't like her reasoning and even the ending was a cop out :(
Ruth
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
really really good!!! It totally amazes me that anyone can write such great books about things they don't actually do in real life!!! This book kept me on the edge all the way through it. And it has a wonderful ending. Thanks so much Christy, for sharing your talent. God bless you!!
Michele Rosenberg
Christy Barrett does it again

She always seems to have me right on the edge of my seat right up till the curve ball near the end
Briana LS
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 4stars
June
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great story in the Security Experts series. Christy Barritt is quickly becoming a favorite suspense author!
Toni
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It was a book I couldn't put down!

• The Christmas Witness (The Morgan Brothers #3)
  • Texas K-9 Unit Christmas: Holiday Hero\Rescuing Christmas
  • Danger in Amish Country: Fall from Grace\Dangerous Homecoming\Return to Willow Trace
  • Montana Standoff
  • Christmas Cover-Up (Family Reunions, #2)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Courtship (Cooper Creek, #6)
  • SEAL Under Siege (Men of Valor #2)
  • Force of Nature (Stormswept, #2)
  • Wilderness Peril
  • Deep Cover (Undercover Cops #1)
  • Truth and Consequences (Rookie K-9 Unit #2)
  • His Holiday Heart (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #8)
  • Guarding the Witness (Guardians, Inc., #5)
Christy Barritt is an author, freelance writer and speaker who lives in Virginia. She’s married to her Prince Charming, a man who thinks she’s hilarious—but only when she’s not trying to be. Christy’s a self-proclaimed klutz, an avid music lover who’s known for spontaneously bursting into song, and a road trip aficionado. She’s only won one contest in her life—and her prize was kissing a pig (okay ...more

The Security Experts (3 books)
  • Key Witness (The Security Experts #1)
  • Lifeline (The Security Experts, #2)