Start by marking “A Sprinkling of Christmas Magic: Christmas Cinderella / Finding Forever at Christmas / The Captain's Christmas Angel” as Want to Read:

Snuggle up with these three Regency tales

Christmas Cinderella by Elizabeth Rolls

Handsome country rector Alex Martindale dreams of kissing his spirited schoolmistress and never having to stop…. With some mistletoe, he may just get his wish!

Finding Forever at Christmas by Bronwyn Scott

Published October 22nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Sprinkling of Christmas Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sprinkling of Christmas Magic

Linda
Averaged out to 3.5 stars

What a nice surprise! This anthology gave me the opportunity to read three short stories by authors I had never tried.

Coming in at first place was Bronwyn Scott's FINDING FOREVER AT CHRISTMAS about a childhood acquaintance returning home to find love with the most unlikely person. Almost 4 stars.

In a close second, Elizabeth Rolls' CHRISTMAS CINDERELLA has a minister offering a job to a young lady in need of assistance. 3 1/2 stars.

Lastly was Margaret McPhee's THE CAPTAI
Susan in NC
Dec 08, 2017 rated it liked it
DNF - 5 stars for Elizabeth Rolls story, DNF the other two as they failed to hold my interest. I’ve decided I’m going to disengage from the news for the Christmas season and enjoy lighter seasonal reads or favorite rereads.

I’ve read a few stories by Rolls over the years after she was recommended to me by a romance reading GR friend and she never disappoints. Her heroes are more beta than alpha but decent, quiet men of strong character- nice for a change! In Christmas Cinderella a handsome young
Susan
Christmas Cinderella - Elizabeth Rolls
Handsome country rector Alex Martindale dreams of kissing his spirited schoolmistress and never having to stop.... With some mistletoe, he may just get his wish.

Loved this sweet Cinderella story. Polly is the poor relation in a local family. When she hears that Alex is looking for a teacher for the new parish school, she goes to him and asks for the job. Alex had been looking for a man for the job, but when he realizes the desperate straits Polly is in, he g
Carrie
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I always look forward to Harlequin Historical's Christmas anthology and this years did not disappoint! Featuring some of my favorite authors: Elizabeth Rolls, Bronwyn Scott and Margaret McPhee. My favorite out of all three works was the story of Alex and Polly, but that's mostly because I have a soft spot for stories where teachers or governesses find true love! It was a delightful spin on a Cinderella-type plot and I adored it to no end. I also very much enjoyed Bronwyn Scott and Margaret McPhe ...more
*MariaA*
Nov 09, 2013 rated it liked it
5 stars to Bronwyn scott's story.
Holly
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series of three tales for Christmas. I had no expectations going in, since these were all new authors for me.

The first tale was sweet. This is probably the best written of the tales.
The second had one glaring editorial error that annoyed me but was otherwise my favorite of the trio.
The third one was more high-adventure-y and therefore a bit less my style, but good if that's your thing.
Susannah Carleton
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
One very good story, one good story (which, unfortunately, is not as well edited as the others), and one so-so story.

This is not the best Christmas anthology I’ve ever read, but it’s not the worst, either. It’s comfortably in the middle.
Laura J.
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One out of three

Elizabeth Rolls’ story of a country vicar and an impoverished school teacher was a sweet, heartwarming Christmas story. Although the other two stories were entertaining, they were also forgettable.
Kym
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book included three novellas.
41/2 stars

Christmas Cinderella by Elizabeth Rolls
Setting: England. Date not given, but probably Regency period.
Polly is an orphan whose inheritance was stolen. It had been planned since she was a child that she would marry her cousin, Tom. Of course, when her inheritance disappeared, so did the possibility of a betrothal and marriage. After 2 years as a governess, she is now living on the charity of Tom's family. The rector of the village church, Alex, and the l
SidneyKay
Dec 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-regency
Ok, so I'm a little behind.

A Sparkling of Christmas Magic is a sweet anthology with a couple of pretty good short stories in it.

First of all, my favorite in the group is Christmas Cinderella, by Elizabeth Rolls. It revolves around a handsome rector, Alex, and Polly, the new schoolmistress. Polly is, of course, Cinderella and she has the requisite nasty relatives that all Cinderella's have. She just doesn't have the singing mice. Anyway, our Polly is a delightful, spirited heroine and the perfec
JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book)
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, romance
Every now and then it's a good idea just to let your brain relax with a book that offers nothing intense, nothing too deep. Such is the case with Christmas romances. Christmas Regency romances are usually the best of these, and for the most part, this book could have been numbered among those. A Sprinkling of Christmas Magic is a series of three short stories, from three well known authors.

In the first, Christmas Cinderella, Alex Martindale is lonely at Christmastime, and decides he needs an as
Mary
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
This is a fun group of Regency novellas with a Christmas theme. It's nice to have stories you can read quickly during this busy time of year or to get you in the mood for Christmas any time.

In Christmas Cinderella, the heroine is being ignored by her relations now that she's lost her fortune. They'll only tolerate her if she does their bidding as basically an unpaid servant. Talk about a Cinderella complex! The local vicar needs a schoolteacher for the new school, but he certainly wasn't plannin
Dancer
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it

Finding Forever at Christmas by Bronwyn Scott

At the yule ball, Catherine Emerson receives a proposal from the man she thought she wanted—but a kiss from his mysterious, darkly handsome brother unleashes a deeper desire….

The Captain's Christmas Angel by Margaret McPhee

Returning to England for Chri
Lisa  Montgomery
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love to read Christmas novellas all year round, but I can't say I found all these so entertaining.

I admit to being an Elizabeth Rolls' fan. The "Christmas Cinderella" worked well in the shorter format (maybe not so much if it were a full novel). Alex and Polly were an engaging H/h and Aunt Eliot the perfect "wicked step-mother."

"Finding Forever at Christmas" suffered from what was likely poor editing. For example: "This, one," Finn called out after looking over several possible logs.
Then la
Carrie
4/5
Very sweet.

4/5

The Captain's Christmas Angel by Margaret McPhee

1.5/5
One cliché after another. The 0.5 star is because I did finish it, but only because I wanted to see if she would be pregnant because that would just be the final cliché. And the Hogmanay bit was a nice touch. Brought down the whole average of the anthology. Too bad.

Whole anthology 3.5/5
Elaine
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, regency
Christmas Cinderella by Elizabeth Rolls - This was a lovely read. Alex & Polly are so well suited. Polly found her Prince Charming....and he is charming and very sweet. An enjoyable read.
4.5*
Finding Forever by Bronwyn Scott - An enjoyable HEA read. Loved Finn...so sensitive.
The Captain's Christmas Angel by Margaret McPhee - My least favourite, but still a good story. A very pleasant read. Aahh, love at sea!
3.5*
Overall 4*
Alyssa White
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 rating for these stories.
The first one I did not like so much, the idea behind it was good, stretched out more I think it could have made for a good tale.
The second was my favorite. I had to make sure I had more books by this author. I enjoyed the characters and writing style.
The third one I was in and out of it. The idea was cute and I liked the characters, I just couldn't get into it.
Harlequin Books
"Three lovely stories set around the holiday season are short and sweet, focusing on the magic that emanates from the spirit of the season and not enchantment itself. With everything from old friends to intrigue and danger, this trio of tales is just what readers want during this hectic time of year." RT Book Reviews
Mary Craven
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed all three stories. I usually read these seasonal collections so I can check out new authors and enjoy some Christmas themed romance. This book did not disappoint. I discovered three authors I will seek out again and three stories that truly delivered the romance and Christmas magic.
Christine
Three short novels

All were okay, not much substance to them and the reference to Christmas was barely there. If you're looking for short and quick, these novels will do it.
Monique
Nice collection.
Karen
Dec 25, 2014 added it
Fun holiday read
Shelley
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Aw, I wish I'd bought this one instead of library-ing it. The first was my favorite, the second great and okay, the third one I sped through. Boats aren't my thing. But I really loved the first one.
Jayne
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the first and last story, but the middle one as set in 1838 which can't be classed as a Regency Christmas story. Enjoyed it though x
Cecilia Rodriguez
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A collection of three Christmas stories. My personal favorite was Christmas Cinderella, which inspite of the religous undertone was very sensual and moving.
Sara Ansdell
Jan 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 11:12AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 02, 2015 11:31AM
We live in the Adelaide Hills of South Australia, in a beautiful lush valley full of apple, pear and cherry orchards. We moved here a couple of years back, escaping from the city and it’s just gorgeous. The property is small, only five acres, but we have room for two small noisy boys, three dogs, two cats and several woolly things masquerading a environmentally friendly lawnmowers. Before that we ...more