Start by marking “Claiming His Own” as Want to Read:

Claiming His Own

It is only an affair…or so they believe in this Billionaires and Babies tale from USA TODAY bestselling author Olivia Gates

From their first explosive night, Caliope Sarantos and Maksim Volkov agreed to no commitment, only pure pleasure. Then her pregnancy changed everything.

Though the Russian tycoon made the baby his heir, he disappeared from Caliope's life. N
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Desire; Billionaires and Babies, #39, 192 pages
Published November 5th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Claiming His Own, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claiming His Own

Start your review of Claiming His Own
Desere
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A hot sexy Russian hero, a super fabulous plot with lots of twists and turns and an explosive ending that will leave you in complete awe, yes this book had it all and so much more.

Definitely one of the most intense reads of the year! The book tells the story of Caliope and Maksim, brought together by a fierce attraction their raging passionate nights leads to Cali becoming pregnant but instead of the normal he will do anything to be with her and the baby the author took this read in
Fiona Marsden
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reading Olivia Gates books are like serving up the most decadent over the top dessert and then adding sprinkles on top. They are almost too much. The smex scenes sizzle, the emotions are full on, the language is often almost poetical. In some ways they remind me of Violet Winspear if she'd been allowed to write Smexytimes.

This is one of the most emotional category reads I've come across for a while. Maksim and Caliope are lovers but neither want to get too involved because of the tra
Jenn - Reviews
Shelves: favorites
A love story of incrediible proportions. An intensity of emotions it will have your heart racing. A couple who, despite the odds, find a way.

Olivia Gates has written another fabulous love story with characters that are real and very human. Her trademark writing style is almost poetic as she takes the reader throgh the lives of Caliope Sarantos and Maksim Volkov.

Their love was instant and all-cosuming and just when Caliope needed him most, he was gone. What happened to Maksim is reve
Susan
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
There is so much angst in this story that it was occasionally hard to read, but worth sticking it out. The affair between Cali and Maksim was explosive. They had agreed to stay clear of any kind of commitment and it was working well for them - until Cali got pregnant. At that point Maksim's actions became very erratic. He told Cali that he would make sure that the baby would be his heir and she would be taken care of but he could not be part of their daily lives, though he still wanted to be her ...more
Amelia
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When Olivia Gates creates a story for a hero, I know his future with the heroine will not be an easy journey. Her book in the Billionaires and Babies miniseries delves into the lives of two individuals with an intensity rarely conveyed, and I became totally invested in what would ultimately happen to them. The featured couple in CLAIMING HIS OWN has to overcome some of the most demanding challenges imaginable, and each situation is depicted with such genuine emotions and lots of heartbreak. Ms. ...more
Zubee
A sweet and intense second chance baby romance - not secret at all ...
H leaves pregnant at 7 months h as he comes from an abusive background and feels he might be the same with the baby and h ... he comes back when the baby is 9 months old and he has been in an accident; he comes with a potentially terminal medical condition ... he asks h to marry him but she refuses, telling him he left her alone and came back with a medical condition and expects her to drop everything and marry him ...<
Nancy Crocker
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In Olivia Gates latest book Claiming His Own: We find Maksim and Caliope who first meet across a crowded room. And agree to a friend’s with benefits type relationship. Neither one is interested in anything serious, for personal reasons.

When Cali accidently becomes pregnant a year into their relationship she has already managed to fall in love with Maksim. When she confesses she is pregnant she is shocked by his reaction, but agrees to his terms. She just was not prepared for him to walk away wi
Nas Dean
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
CLAIMING HIS OWN by Olivia Gates is a Harlequin Desire release for November 2013.

Caliope Sarantos and Maksim Volkov discover their scorching hot passion for each other. And get into a no-commitment fling.
But with Cali getting pregnant, it would of course have to change. Yet Maksim walks away from her and her baby. So would Cali take him back when he comes?

Would Cali let him meet his son?

CLAIMING HIS OWN is a lively contemporary romance with a strong heroine you wi
Helen
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story it is so intense and emotional and had me turning the pages Maksim is like a Russian bear a billionaire who falls head over heals for Greek born Caliope neither wants anything permanent and when Caliope falls pregnant and Maksim walks away neither of them cope very well but after an accident brings Maksim back the strength of their love wins through with still a lot of hurdles to cross. This is a story you will fall into and cry and smile.
Onu
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Onu by: Jenn - Reviews
This was a life saver. It was absolutely amazing. Loved, loved Caliope Sarantos and Maksim Volkov. Maksim was deliciously yummy. Just as Aris Sarantos was. :)

The Sarantos series is highly recommended. Thank you so much Jennie for recommending them to me.
Kelly Steel
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this story. I was hooked from the very first page till the last.
JV
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Claiming His Own
Anyone who is familiar with Olivia Gates' books knows that she doesn't write small stories. She writes big, emotional stories with a strong heroine; an alpha hero who, despite himself, conflicts, and all other circumstances, is unwaveringly in love with her; a conflict that will tug at your heartstrings; and a bold, all-encompassing passion that burns up the pages. In Claiming His Own, Ms. Gates does not disappoint. She brings the tears, and she brings the heat. Most of all, she
Donnelle
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Though the story immediately starts off with an incredibly fast-moving, supremely passionate encounter, the pacing for the rest of the piece is quite slow and deliberate – a quality that is due, in large part, to the presence of several lengthy quasi-monologues delivered by multiple characters. The slow and steady unfolding of the story is necessary, as are the aforementioned lengthy pieces of exposition, in order to understand these characters: their mindsets about love and commitment, their tr ...more
Amelie
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Olivia Gates is a wonderful author! I cannot say that enough! She is a true artist, and as such, she always manages to deliver wonderful characters with very moving stories of their own.

Now, on Claiming His Own. I have to start by saying that I LOVED IT! I'm an avid reader, and have been one most of my life. And even though that some of the stories have moved me, none of them had ever managed to make me cry. Well, Olivia, YOU FINALLY DID IT!

In this story you will be able
Debra Guyette
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Calliope Sarantos finds Maksim Volkov to be incredibly sexy and the two embark on a no holds barred affair with only a few rules. Their affair is to be about pleasure with no commitment. All that changes when Calliope finds herself pregnant. Maksim agrees to give the baby his name but not himself. He disappears from her life before the baby is born. When he returns, Maksim offers everything he denied before, but Calliope is not sure she wants to take a chance. A tragedy from his past threatens h ...more
Tanya Mayes
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequin-desire

Caliope Sarantos and Maksim Volkov is a super awesome couple. I love this story. It just became one of my top baby books. The heroine Cali is a strong woman that takes on this Alpha male Maksim. The story deals with a lot of pain and touch's on a subject that I wasn't sure I was ready for but Olivia Gates dealt with this subject delicately and told a story of a journey of healing which I loved so much. T
Jennifer Mcpherson
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
To read any book is a gamble because you don't know if you are going to like it. To read an Olivia Gates book is an absolute chocolate mousse moment. This is one of Olivia best written book Maksim is a gorgeous crazy, iintense, loving passionate and down right good man. Cali is stubborn independent no nonsense good girl. The passion between these two is so intense and real. This book made me laugh,cry and most of all made me feel. This book is so good it made me feel every single emotion written ...more
Nahal
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love it
Again one more beautiful story in Billionaire and Babies tale. This was heart touching and emotional story with passion at perfect timings. I hate it when Maksim left but later when he came back made it all the more story interesting as the chemistry between Caliope and Maksim was hot. A book must read as all the books by Olivia Gates are awesome. Can’t wait for next one. If you love a baby in the package then this series is just for you. You will adore it.
Harlequin Books
"TOP PICK! Gates has a gift for writing multidimensional characters and emotionally driven stories that resonate and stay with readers. Her latest is no exception. Set against the beautiful and expertly described backdrop of Russia, Claiming His Own is a beautiful love story that readers won't want to put down." RT Book Reviews rated 4 1/2 stars
Miniseries: Billionaires and Babies
Kathy Jund
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know you are getting explosive passion in an Olivia Gates book, but Claiming His Own gives you this and so much more! An emotional story that carries the reader directly into the character's turmoil and yearning for happiness. Every all-encompassing page is filled to the edges of the margin overflowing into something special.
Tizah
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story, it is so intense and emotional.
I enjoyed reading it so much, I loved every bits of the story, even though it made me cry more than once, both of sorrows and joys.
I Loved Maksim Volkov and Caliope Sarantos...their story is amazing. .
Olivia Gate is a wonderful authior...
I highly recommend this book to all romance readers. ....it is a great read......
Melissa T
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book from good reads first reads. This is a story about a sexy Russian hero. This book has a fabulous plot line with lots of surprising twists and turns. The ending is amazing!

I am looking forward to reading more from Olivia Gates..
Donna Scoggins
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Maksim and Cali - an intense couple, interesting locations, bring baby, Leo, into the picture and you have a complete package. The story gave you some nuggets to think about. I look forward to reading more books by Olivia!
Tawnya
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the way Olivia Gates wrote Claiming His Own. Maksim and Caliope seemed to have everything go wrong in their lives, so it was only fair that they get a Happily Ever After, once they worked things out and started actually speaking to each other.
Rom Reader
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the tortured hero and the strong feisty heroine. Great read!
Se Mcgregor
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Best I've read in ages. I really didn't want it to end!
Linda
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read! I enjoyed the strong yet tortured hero and the feisty heroine.
Crystal
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have had the privilege of reading several books by this author and I just want to say that I really loved this one.

Caliope Sarantos had made a pact with Maksim Volkov and one she never thought she would regret seems that maybe she should've left the day she found out she was pregnant. That way she wouldn't feel like she was repeating her mom's mistakes when he walked out on her when she was seven months pregnant. What could've been so bad in Makism's life that would cause him to just walk awa
Kaycee ❤️
Claiming His Own was heartbreakingly beautiful. And I enjoyed reading it. It had my emotions flying everywhere! Ms. Gates never fails to deliver a story that makes you feel different emotions.

Maksim was really the type of hero I fall for. I loved him and I absolutely could not get enough of him. And I adored her. I loved her strength and vulnerability. They were perfect for each other. I was really invested in their relationship right from the start and was rooting for them to finally get the happ
Kimberly
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Really enjoyed the plot of this book. So many of these have the hero seeming incapable of love - this guy was worried that his love could lead to horrible consequences for his family. I enjoyed him being willing to give the heroine time to trust him again and the book not being filled with threats and overbearing behavior.

Gave it 3 stars only cuz I felt like the last twist felt a little superfluous.

• In The Best Man's Bed
  • Up Close and Personal
  • The Latin Lover's Secret Child (The Galvan Brides, #3)
  • The Spaniard's Passion (The Galvan Brides, #4)
  • The Marriage Test
  • Lazaro's Revenge (The Galvan Brides, #2)
  • Gör Beni: İki Devrin Hikayesi
  • Sinfully Sexy
  • The Ghost (Highland Guard, #12)
  • The Viper (Highland Guard, #4)
  • The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3)
  • Suddenly Sexy
  • White Wedding
  • A Spring Affair
  • The Italian Demands His Heirs (Billionaires at the Altar #2)
  • Princess
  • Rogue (Talon, #2)
  • The Glass Kitchen
I am a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of 45 books in different genres including Contemporary Romance, Medical Romance, Medical Action Thrillers and Paranormal Romance. My upcoming works will also veer into fantasy.

But one thing is for sure…there will always be central romances in my books. The all-consuming kind that leaves readers breathless and begging for more.

I love to hear fron my