Start by marking “Home for the Holidays (Cavanaugh Island, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Home for the Holidays (Cavanaugh Island, #4.5)

Home for the Holidays (Cavanaugh Island #4.5)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  169 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
This Christmas novella is set in charming, Sanctuary Cove featuring popular characters from Rochelle Alers' bestselling small-town, Cavanaugh Island contemporary romance series.

Love is always in season.

There's no place like home for the holidays, especially for divorced pastry chef Iris Nelson. After escaping an abusive marriage, she's found peace on charming Cavanaugh Isl
Published December 2nd 2014 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Home for the Holidays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home for the Holidays

Kimberly
Dec 09, 2014 Kimberly rated it liked it
Espresso review of Home for the Holidays

Iris Nelson is a pastry chef who is leery of dating after her marriage turned abusive. Fortunately, she had the good sense to walk away and has since rebuilt her life on Cavanaugh Island. She unexpectedly meets Army Master Sergeant Collier Ward when he is on leave for the holidays. The two have a connection, but she is all for taking things slow. The two discover a connection within town and soon are spending time together. This was a sweet romance, with l
Valerie
Dec 02, 2014 Valerie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads, romance
This is a heartwarming holiday story where two people who weren't looking for a relationship but found one. Both have issues that prevent them from thinking about being together but those reasons could be exactly why they should be together.

I enjoyed both characters. Iris is incredibly strong for having survived what she went through with her jerk of an ex. Collier has served his country and paid the price with some memories that won't stay in the past. Together they are sweet. They have pet nam
Monica **can't read fast enough**
In HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS we meet Iris who has survived an abusive husband and has begun to rebuild her life while working toward her dream of owning her own bakery. Collier is home on leave and not looking to form a lasting relationship on his short visit with his sister. One night of passion quickly becomes more than either anticipated. Iris and Collier both have obstacles to overcome when it comes to relationships. However being willing to take a chance may lead them to their own version of ha ...more
Kim
Nov 22, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2014, net-galley
This was a really sweet story in the Cavanaugh Island series. I enjoyed it so much I've gone back to buy the first in the series. I will enjoy reading the rest of the books.

Iris has escaped an abusive relationship and is enjoying working in a small bakery with dreams of running her own cake making business one day. She has a best friend with a young daughter and they help each other out. Her friends brother comes home for Christmas and he turns out to be the man she met out the previous night.

Th
Reese Ryan
Mar 10, 2015 Reese Ryan rated it it was amazing
A heart-warming holiday-themed novella that explores the growing romance between two people struggling with the burdens they bear from their pasts. Talented pastry chef, Iris Nelson, barely escaped her abusive marriage. She's made Cavanaugh Island her home where she has a job she loves, aspirations of owning her own bakery, and a wonderful, newfound best friend who has become like family to her. But when she meets her friend's brother, on leave from Afghanistan, she discovers he is the same gent ...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Dec 12, 2014 OpenBookSociety.com rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jerjen

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Jerjen

Home For The Holidays by Rochelle Alers is a novella in the Cavanaugh Island series. This novella takes place during the holidays and is a great quick read to help get you in the holiday spirit.

Iris Nelson has returned to Cavanaugh Island after an abusive marriage. She works in a bakery, her speciality being baking cakes. She dreams of opening her own cake shop and hopes to someday make this dream a reality. She has pla
Cindy
Dec 13, 2014 Cindy rated it really liked it
I love holiday books and this is an excellent one! It is my first visit to Cavanaugh Island and I plan on going back and starting at the beginning. This was book #4.5 in this series, yet I never felt lost in the book with the various characters.

The book takes place in the month before Christmas. The author creates a beautiful Christmas scene with her words! I loved the small town feel and how it was decorated. When the main character has parties, you wished you were there too! The author describ
Brenda
Jan 19, 2015 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A charming novella of love, forgiveness, and the strength to move forward. A military friendly story about Collier, on leave from the Army, and Iris, a new pastry chef in town. Iris has divorced an abusive husband, and hopes to open her own Bakery one day. Unbeknownst to Iris and his family, Collier is suffering from PTSD. These two strike serious sparks off each other, and the result is a sweet love story.

Rochelle Alers writes believable characters and steamy love scenes. Love, love, love the r
Kortney
Dec 31, 2014 Kortney rated it it was amazing
This is first book that I have read of Rochelle Alers in her Cavanaugh Island series. I think that Rochelle did a great job of setting the scene of this book. I really felt like I was in the small town of Cavanaugh Island and Iris's next door neighbor. She did a great job of also really building the characters background story so that you would understand why they were the way they were.

In addition, I think that she did a good job keeping the characters real. She did this by showing what abuse c
Antionette
Dec 13, 2014 Antionette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loves holiday

Rochelle Alers has written a wonderful love story filled with passion, love ,and life trials. Collier and Iris battle past experiences and present problems to proclaim their love. I enjoyed the author's ability to include domestic abuse, PTSD, and long distance in the storyline. Never a dull moment on Cavanaugh Island. Five star worthy read.
Kelly Akemann
Nov 15, 2014 Kelly Akemann rated it liked it
this book ended rather abruptly. I found that I like the character but the story ended so quickly that I was left wanting more. it was a sweet story that had predictable little twists and turns. I enjoy holiday reads like this just wish it was a little longer.

I received this book from the NetGalley in exchange for an honest and fair review.
Angela Devouse
Dec 02, 2014 Angela Devouse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mislead

When I first pre-order this book it was supposed to be about a long lady getting a young man after she help his grandmother in the nursing home.this was as supposed to be about Deborah and Acer Monroe daughter what happen. Even though this book is good it not what I was waiting on.
Crystal
Dec 03, 2014 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Home for the Holidays

After waiting over a year for this book to be published, I was not disappointed. The story was great as usual. I love all her books about Sanctuary Cove. She has shown how Iris and Collier over came their demons and let their love thrive.
Edith
May 19, 2015 Edith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

I love reading this series of books. Rochelle makes you like you are right there in the story it's like you are living on Cavanaugh island. I am excited and can't wait to read Cherry Lane. I am sure it will be just as romantic as the others.
JoMarie DeGioia
Nov 16, 2014 JoMarie DeGioia rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book but, even though I knew it was a novella, it felt rushed to me. I missed the part where the hero and heroine fell in love. All the characters were very well drawn and I loved the recipes. I'll look for more from this author!
Teresa Scott
Jun 13, 2015 Teresa Scott rated it it was amazing
Great short novella. I am just loving this author and her characters. I am catching up on this series and loving every book. This is a must read if you are reading this series. Love it! Love it! Love it!
Ava Smith-forrest
Apr 22, 2015 Ava Smith-forrest rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Both the hero and the heroine had baggage to deal with and were afraid to love. After confronting demons getting help they were able to trust the love they found.
Sharon Simmons
It ended way too soon!

I know this is a novella, but I hope there's more to this story!! Please, please, please let there be a part two!!
Vee
Dec 07, 2014 Vee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Slow

It was boring and slow. I didn't feel the chemistry between the main characters. I guess I was hoping for more in this short story.
Carla
Dec 08, 2014 Carla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't get enough

I love everything about this series and I hope she never ends it. makes me want to move to South Carolina
Brenda
Feb 05, 2015 Brenda rated it it was amazing
I am a fan of this series and this was one I truly enjoyed.
Lisa Moulton
Feb 16, 2015 Lisa Moulton rated it really liked it
This was a very good novella just not log enough. I look forward to more on Iris and Collier in future books in this series as well as Tracy and Evan. I am really enjoying this series!
Carol
Dec 05, 2015 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Novella about second chances at love on Cavanaugh Island

Well written, but too short to warrant a higher rating. Just enough to leave you wishing that the book didn't end so soon. Good introduction to Iris Daniels and Collin Ward and their families. I hope they are included in some of the other books in this series.
Jennifer Kelley
I was in the mood for some light holiday reads, so I thought I'd try this one. I thought it was okay, but nothing special. Not my usual type of read, so perhaps it's just me!
I received an eGalley of this title from the publisher.
Victoria
May 09, 2016 Victoria rated it really liked it
The book is a must read. This book made me think of my personal life.That we all deserve a second

in life.
Tiffany Faw
Tiffany Faw marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Shani Lewis
Shani Lewis rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Brenda Hillmon
Brenda Hillmon rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Chris Jones
Chris Jones rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Barbara Sinnett
Barbara Sinnett marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • For Your Love (Blessings)
  • Love Like Hallelujah (Hallelujah Love #2)
  • Touched By An Angel
  • Ain't Nobody
  • Confessions of a First Lady
  • What About Tomorrow? (What About, #3)
  • 'Tis the Season to be Kissed
  • Talk to Me
  • Christmas Kismet
  • His Last Hope: A Contemporary Christian Romance
  • Bishop
  • The House
  • His for Christmas (House of Trent, #1.5)
  • The Valentine's Day Disaster (Twilight, Texas, #4.2)
  • This Time Next Year
  • Mine at Midnight
  • Miss Mistletoe (Sealed With a Kiss, #1.5)
  • He Loves Me to Death
Rochelle Alers was born in Manhattan, New York, USA, where she raised. She obtained degrees in Sociology and Psychology, before started to work. She is a member of the Iota Theta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., and her interests include gourmet cooking and traveling. She has traveled to countries in North, Central and South America, and Europe. She is also in accomplished in knitting ...more
More about Rochelle Alers...

Cavanaugh Island (5 books)
  • Sanctuary Cove (Cavanaugh Island, #1)
  • Angels Landing (Cavanaugh Island, #2)
  • Haven Creek (Cavanaugh Island, #3)
  • Magnolia Drive (Cavanaugh Island, #4)
  • Cherry Lane (Cavanaugh Island, #5)