Start by marking “Masquerade (Games, #3)” as Want to Read:
Masquerade (Games, #3)

Masquerade

(Games #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4,824 ratings  ·  410 reviews
A biker. A tattoo artist. A love to last a lifetime.

Maddox Cross has always had to be tough. When his father went to jail for murder, the teenager took care of his sister and mother. Now on his own and working security at a night club, Maddox wants to become a tattoo artist-a dream that comes closer to reality when he falls for the hottest, most tatted woman he's ever seen
Published January 7th 2014 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Masquerade, please sign up.
Chelsea i thought that Maddox sounded similar as well and if you have read Beautiful Disaster the main guy's characters last name is Maddox. but i don't know …morei thought that Maddox sounded similar as well and if you have read Beautiful Disaster the main guy's characters last name is Maddox. but i don't know about Cross

ps. if u havent read Beautiful Disaster, read it. its amazing (less)
Fatimajay I guess, but you might be a little confused, it's way more connected with the second book because it's Laney's brother(The main character from book tw…moreI guess, but you might be a little confused, it's way more connected with the second book because it's Laney's brother(The main character from book two). They both have similar problems. It's up to you :)(less)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Masquerade (Games, #3)
Christy
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

photo 8ec53694-a924-473e-a5be-95f1edfbd4a9_zpsd3fb4d2b.jpg

I have loved every book in this series, and this was no exception. In fact, it may be my favorite of the three. This author has a way with writing broken characters, and finding ways to heal them. This book had all the elements of a fantastic five star read. The writing was impeccable and the characters were beautifully flawed. It was heart breaking, heart warming, a little angsty, sexy and sweet.

While reading Facade, I remember meeting Maddox. Maddox is Laney’s older brother. I was
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title:Masquerade
Series:Games #3
Author:Nyrae Dawn
Release date: January 7, 2014
Rating:5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

It came as a huge and extremely pleasant surprise that I ended up loving this book. Enthusiastically. Normally for me, books have a very strong start and inevitably, something happens, whether it's a plot twist I don't like, the characters acting stupid, or the ending....I end up feeling slightly deflated and frustrated. This book had the rare opposit
Geri Reads
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 'better-than-I-expected' stars!

Wow! This is my favorite book in the series. Hands down.

Let me tell you, I wasn't quite sure about this one since it started off slow and I didn't feel any connection between the two MCs. And then bam! It hit me like a ton of bricks; the feels, the dialogue, the character development--everything just became better and better as the book progressed.

The Story
Masquerade is Maddox's story. We met Maddox in Facade. He was Laney's big sister and he's the most confl
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Not my favorite of the series but a good read...I guess.

description

Two broken people harboring guilt and struggling to move on find each other --- you the know the drill.

Anyway, it was great to see all my favorite couples from the first two books of this series.

Even though I didn't care for this couple, I'm still a fan of this series.
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 Stars

You can pretend all you want that you've never been hurt before and that you've never lost anything, but I will continue to call bullshit. Loss is loss. It's not a contest about who's been hurt more. We all have our battles to fight."

While I can't say that this was my favorite book in the series, it was still a fantastic addition. Facadecontinues to hold the number one place in my heart so far.

I was so excited to get my hands on this book since meeting Maddox as Laney's broodi
Patrycja
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it

Title: Masquerade
Series: Games #3. Every book can be read as a standalone.
Author: Nyrae Dawn
Release Date: January 7th, 2014
Rating: 3.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Masquerade is one of those sexy, quick reads that pull you into the story, charm and bewitch you. It’s easy, it’s funny, it’s pretty darn adorable and has everything you wish for a one night of total bliss. Maybe it’s not a novel that you will cherish forever nor is it completely unique experience,
Catarina
4 Broken Stars.

description

Another book with amazing broken characters.
Maddox (Laney’s older brother) and Bee. Both broken by their past, as always, they try to deal with the fear, the shadows and the guild (in Maddox case) that don’t seem to stop lurking over them.
They just want to be free, change people’s lives with their body art and live a normal life where they don’t feel the need to hide or pretend.
So far neither of them was succeeded…. but it all changed with just one night stand that shouldn’t
Amy
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this cover <3 <3 <3

ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review…

First, I must confess I am a huge fan of Nyrae Dawn and this series! I loved Colt. I loved Adrian. But I think I loved Maddox most of all. He is such a tortured soul. Mad at the world, plagued by guilt. Ugh! I just wanted to wrap him up in a hug and never let go!

We were introduced to Maddox in book #3, Facade. He is Laney’s older brother. I was intrigued by him and his utter devotion to his sister. N
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
Up to 14% I got bored so it's going on the dust shelf.
AJ
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Are we doing this?”
… “We’re totally doing this.”

The third (and ? final) book of the Games trilogy brings us the story of Maddox, who we met in Façade. Even then, it was obvious that he was lost and struggling with the traumatic events of his past, and I was really excited to get his POV so that we can see all that he is dealing with and how that has shaped him into who he is.

“Even though I got something I want, something I need, I still want to take out the fucking world because of ever
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
4 stars

Both Bee and Maddox been hurt by people they trust in the past. Bee owns the new tattoo shop and Maddox dreams of being a tatto artist.

Bee has a strong exterior and says things as it is. Sometimes it can come across quite cold and it was hard to connect with her.

No, as in the letter B. It's short for bitch.

Maddox is one of those broken heros that blames himself for what happened in the past with his sister and her boyfriend.

I really enjoyed this series and for those who
Anna
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved that ending ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Loved How Colt and Adrian were still awesomeness in this book ❤️

Review to come :)
Wendy Higgins
Awesome, amazing, smokin' hot, emotional. This one's going on my favorites shelf. LOVED.

(NA romance, not YA)
Deniz
So so good! I love this series!

Review

'Loss is loss. It's nt a contest about who's been hurt more. We all have our own battles to fight.'

This is full of angst, some good smut and broken characters- so just my cup of tea! Yes I seem to dig the broken character part. It surprises me every time. But I guess I do. Well, I should point out that I like them broken and lost, if they go-on despite their devastation and to some extend seek to fix themselves. I think I relate better to character
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
I read Charade basically when it first came out. I remember raving about it, loving Colt and Cheyenne to pieces. Recommending it to everyone who took time to listen. Then came Adrian and Laney’s story. Façade was decent, but it missed that spark for me that I felt in Charade. Plus, the narratives were very similar to the first book. Then I read Masquerade. *sigh*

"Life is fucked up, it hurts, and it's not always pretty, but damned if it can't be beautiful too."

Maddox was a character I very much
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: I really wouldn't really ...
12/10/2013 --

Overall Rating = 2.5 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb / Book Title = 4 / 3 / 3 = 3 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 2.5 Stars
Character Development = 3 Stars
Story Appreciation = 2 Stars
Worth the Chili = 2 Stars -- [$3.99 on Amazon]
320 pages

This book will be released on January 7th. I was pretty excited when I got the ARC. I've not read this author, but have wanted to for a while. This was a great opportunity. Hmm ...

What a maudlin little tale. Unnecessarily so, I think. It was cruising along okay,
Georgia Cruz
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by Forever Grand Central via Netgalley

5 STARS.
I want this review to be simple because you better read it yourself to find out! ;)

It's not just an ordinary biker/tattoo artist stories you expect. It has deeper meaning in Nyrae Dawn's stories and this one is no exception. Not just an ordinary swoon book you read in other books. It has all the things I needed in a Contemporary romance book.
Aimen
Edit: Loved it to bits and pieces! Review to come once I process all the awesomeness!

Edit: LOVING this cover.

Maddox is just...Hubba Hubba o.o
Steph
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my favourite of the series so far.
I liked how it incorporated the incredibly heart-wrenching story from the previous book too. How we got just that last little bit of closure for Adrian and Laney. It was a great touch and yes, I did cry. Just a little.

Maddox and Bee are such a fantastic couple. I liked that they are both So incredibly blunt and honest with each other, right from the start. Their feelings for each other develop at the same pace. They both start to notice the changes.
Heather andrews
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Maddox and Bee's first conversation was the s***, I mean it captured you into their relationship, "I don't care who you eff, or who anyone else does for that matter. Being a man or woman doesn't make a difference." Maddox is a cocky one, "if I remember correctly, you liked the feel of my hands on you. You were very enthusiastic about how much you liked it." He can be a grateful guy, "you took care of my sister twice. The first time it was your job. The second time, you didn't have to but you did ...more
~Dawn~TUG
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I Heart Netgalley..I think they forgot they hate me..we won't tell! Excited I am a fan of this series so thank you Netgalley and Forever (Grand Central Publishing) for allowing me to review this book in exchange for an honest review..

This series is an instant read for me. I have never been let down and being able to catch up with past favorites is always a treat. Nyrae Dawn has an easy way of writing that speaks to my reading brain. She explains the characters without beating you with their angs
Polly
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nyrae knows how to write a series!! All 3 of these books I swear is her best work after each one.
I adored Maddox and Bee's story just as much as I loved the other 2.

Must read series!!
Jolene Perry
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is MY FAVORITE of this series. FAVORITE.
I loved B. LOVED her.
Bev
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved both characters and their story, the patience they showed and repect they had for each other to accept they both had huge issues.
Amanda
 photo da3b031d345be1fa23a11bdd86be7717_zps5qkubftf.png
Tropes: 13

Bee is so different from any girl I know, that even something as simple as rolling her eyes is too ordinary for her.

Masquerade, is without a doubt, the weakest book in this series. This story deals with Maddox and Bee. The former is the brother of the heroine in the second book. Maddox is haunted by his family's past with his father's killing a boy and his mother loathing her daughter. Maddox is full of guilt for the part he believes he played in how everything happened, and hi
*P
Masquerade is the third and I believe final book in Nyrae Dawn's Games series. When I learned this book was about Maddox, I was thrilled. Maddox is Laney's brother from the second book Facade and I loved his protective nature and bad boy attitude in that story.

Maddox is that perfect alpha male, bad boy who is broken and needs saved. Unfortunately due to carrying misplaced guilt for his family's problems, he rarely shows emotion and keeps himself from getting close to others, until Bee. Bee is t
Farrah
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Emotional, romantic, and absolutely amazing! Masquerade was a brilliant New Adult romance. I loved this book! From the romance, to the secrets, it was all wonderful. Loved it, just loved it!

Bee was a great heroine. She had an odd past that made her unable to fit in, no matter how hard she tried. So, eventually, she started pushing everyone away, rather than fail at who everyone wanted her to be. She was very strong, determined to succeed on her own right. I really liked her. I thought she was wo
Sofia Lazaridou
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Maddox and Bee are broken and haunted by their past. And then they find each other. Problems are always after them but they make it through. Bee is perfect for Maddox and Maddox for her. They can see through the other and understand them.

I was expecting over the top drama from Bee and Maddox but it never came. Thank God for that. It was a good read and despite my first hesitance about the book I was a little sucked in. It's the first book that I read from this author and I liked her.
Reem Hardan
Jul 16, 2013 marked it as to-read
Cover *drools all over keyboard*
JB
**Find this and other reviews @ The Demon Librarian**

Truly Something Special

The Games series by Nyrae Dawn has quickly become one of my contemporary romance favorites. Each book has impressed the heck out of me, treating me to all the right feels and giving me characters with stories I truly care about. Masquerade was no exception. I'd say it is the best in the series so far, but they've all been so good, I can't put one above the other.

This time around, it's Maddox's turn to enter the spotl

• Coming Home
  • Four Years Later (One Week Girlfriend, #4)
  • If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2)
  • Perfect Strangers
  • Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)
  • Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)
  • Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #2)
  • The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me
  • Forever Right Now
  • Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1)
  • The Match (It Happened in Charleston, #1)
  • Player's Kiss (Irish Kiss, #6)
  • The Offer
  • The Gentleman Mentor (Lessons with the Dom, #1)
  • Sinfully Mine (Lessons with the Dom, #2)
  • Last Hit (Hitman, #1)
  • I Only Have Eyes for You (San Francisco Sullivans, #4; The Sullivans, #4)
  • Razer's Ride (The Last Riders, #1)
I am a compulsive reader and writer who loves YA fiction.

I love nothing more than writing about young adults. There is something so fresh and fun about it. You can pretty much always find me with a book in my hand or open document in front of me.

I live in Southern California with my husband and two children.

Games (4 books)