Start by marking “Erased (Altered, #2)” as Want to Read:
Erased (Altered, #2)

Erased

(Altered #2)

They thought they had escaped. They were wrong.

After fleeing the Branch with Sam, Cas, and Nick, Anna is learning how to survive in hiding, following Sam's rules: Don't draw attention to yourself. Always carry a weapon. Know your surroundings. Watch your back.
When memories from Anna's old life begin to resurface--and a figure from her childhood reappears--Anna's loyalties
Audiobook, 288 pages
Published January 7th 2014 by Hachette Audio (first published January 1st 2014)

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,428 books — 15,872 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,543 books — 9,177 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Erased (Altered, #2)
Mags~CVAddikt~
Apr 12, 2013 marked it as up-next-priority
Shelves: pendientes
Ali
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Erased, the hotly anticipated sequel to Altered. It did not disappoint!

First, let me start off by saying that I loved Altered. I had been hesitant at first to read it, because the description of the story, in my mind, made it seem like it could either be really good or really cheesy. It was not, in any sense of the word, cheesy. It sucked me in and created a knot of anxiety that rode in my chest throughout the entire reading. When I finished, I was distra
Cristina Monica
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this book in a rush.

(See what I did there?)

Not because I didn’t enjoy it and wanted to get done with it. On the contrary, I found it pretty unstoppable. I remember going to bed at 3 am last night because I simply needed to read the first ten chapters at least. (Though I did start reading it late, oops.)

What makes it better than the first book? Well now we’re acquainted with the characters, so we know what to expect from them (or so we think…). What I like with this series is that there
Nadia
After reading: First off, the title isn't justified. Enough said without spreading spoilers (But you can guess a teensy bit of something right? Right?).

But...

This was a good read nonetheless. I adore Jennifer Rush even more now because she doesn't do the predictable. For instance, (view spoiler)

But...

The book ended quickly, almost too quickly that it felt like Rush was r
Steffi au Penguinbooks
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Hide or Erased is the second book of the Altered series by Jennifer Rush

After loving Altered so much I was actually disappointed with Erased.

First of all, the story was too short. Too short. The German edition has only about 272 pages and this is maybe the shortest book I own. Because of this, the story was too fast and I couldn't enjoy all the myteries and action scenes. On top, I feel like this book could have been more detailed and better written. We get to know some new characters and they .
Isis
Feb 18, 2013 marked it as to-read
Update March 10th, 2013:
Can I just say that the cover of the book looks epic! Though I was waiting to see how Anna would look like. Maybe Anna and Sam together?
A whatever this one looks pretty mouthwathering too!

----------------------------------

If I may speak for every single one that read book one,

it was awesome. Just mind-blowing, crazy-jumping, fan-girling awesome.

When I was first in the story I was really annoyed with the hopeless act Anna performed. That was untill she kicked-ass and sa
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Rating:    photo 4-1.png  1/2

**There will probably be minor spoilers for the first book...I can't help myself. I have to talk about it. :)**

So, I liked Altered  when I read it earlier this year...A LOT. Like, even more than I thought I was going to. So I pretty much already knew that the sequel was a must-read and that it was probably going to be just as intense.  And, boy, was it!

But before I get to that, a little side-note. I read Altered before I'd ever even heard of the Elementals series by Brigid Ke
Micah
This is an absolute Hot Mess of a Sequel and not in a good way
Micah is not impressed at all. Spoilers are ahead

Review also posted at Chaos Reads: The YA Forums

2014 is not looking good for me at all guys. it's january 10th, 2014 and i've read 6 books and I am sort of disappointed with all but one of them. But none has disappointed me like Erased has. Let me save you th e trouble of reading the book and just read my review.

1. Plot: 2 out of 5

Erased take
Connie♡
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Like the first book.
Something that I really liked was the "relationship" between Nick and Anna. That was surprising. And thank god for no love triangle.
Something about that ending left me wanting more.
Nina
So yeah... I cried...

AH I JUST CAN'T EVEN...... ;fldkajsflkasdjfldsakjfasdl;jfas;ldjkfas;dlfjasdlk SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOOOOOOOOD.

Holy feels... Jennifer Rush sure knows how to hit you right here --> <3

Jaime Arkin
Erased, the follow-up to Altered was exactly what I was hoping it would be. Fast-paced, intense, and full of action.

Erased picks up just after the end of Altered. Anna has fled the Branch with Sam, Cas and Nick and they are searching for answers. They are struggling to survive… following strict rules in order to keep themselves hidden, and struggling with memories that they can’t make sense of.

The tension in the house is thick and Nick’s attitude doesn’t really help. But assistance from someo
Jillian Heise
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yr-2013-reads
This is such an addictively readable series full of intrigue and heart-pounding action! I loved the first book, and this second book didn't disappoint. I might have liked it even better than the first. It was full of suspense and unexpected reveals and the excitement of people on the run for their lives. Delving further into the secrecy and conspiracy behind the Branch, twists and surprises abound. And all of that is happening to these characters that are likeable and entertaining and that I wan ...more
Mig
Feb 07, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2014-release
UPDATE: I prefer the old covers but nothing much changed and I understand why they needed to change it a bit. :)

Thank you, for not ending Altered with a cliffhanger. Thank you so much, Jennifer. I now have the patience to wai- NO GIVE IT TO ME NOW! NOW! GIVE IT TO ME! I NEED IT! AGH I NEED IT! WANT IT! NEED IT! WANT IT! I NEED MORE!
Tamara

WTF pretty much describes this book

-Pacing: Fast. Sometimes TOO fast.

-Plot twists: Predictable and laughable.

-The story: So many underdeveloped stuff and lots of missed opportunities. Also, I don't like how things are still very unexplained.

-Romance: The way it is handled is the biggest slap in the face

Sam/Anna;

...and they have zero chemistry. He was in love with her sister for crying out loud

To tell you the truth I find Nick as a more compelling character. He has a interesting dynamic with Anna
Jodie
Jan 31, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
We are supposed to wait one year for the sequel?!

You must be kidding me?

09/03/2013
Since when did we have a cover and title!
poppet.
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it

EDIT: I JUST FOUND OUT THAT REBORN (#3) IS JUST ABOUT NICK AND ANOTHER GIRL, is not that i don't like Nick but i thought it was going to be about all of my kids and wrap up the whole Riley and Branch thing, im sad :(

Oh my god I devoured this freaking book, i don’t know if it’s because of the fact that it was fast pased or because i was really enjoying it and it was really short, i mean 288 pages c’mon i wanted more!

This second book wasn’t as nice as Altered, it was good but quite repetitive in s
Amy
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-reads, 2018
Ahhh!!! So good! Lots of great action and twists!
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
I really hope this is not the ending of this series!! Loved it! Full review to come!

Full review:

Erased was one of the books that were on my MUST-HAVE and MUST-READ list. I loved ALTERED so much and just could not wait to jump back into the world of my three favorite boys, Sam, Cas, and Nick.

Erased is filled with so much mystery and suspense that I just couldn't contain myself while reading. I was grunting, screaming, telling everyone around to shut up so I can read, and at times I was even tal
Lindsay Cummings
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series is easily one of my new favorites.

I fell in love with book 1, ALTERED, flying through it in a day. I moved right onto book 2, and flew through that in half a day!

This isn't really going to be a review. It's going to be more of a "ZOMG I AM FANGIRLING BUY THIS SERIES NOW" post.

Why did I love it so much? Because it was SO unique. So different from what I expected! I didn't realize there would be so much action, mystery and betrayal! This is the perfectly webbed story, where things don'
Kambriea
OH MY GAWD I am totally fangirling right now!!! You mean there is gonna be a second one! I hope the covers as AMAZING as the first one, who can blame me. Consider this book sold:-).................
........

..................OMG THE COVERS OUT!!!!! Its even better then I imagined it:-) sooooo excited to read it.........3 stars already
Elisabeth
There is something about this series that makes me so happy. Every time I read these books its like the first time I did. I have to stop at all of the same parts to laugh, smile my face off, take a breathe, and just being giddy. This book broke through the ratings bar. Excuse me, more of THIS SERIES! This is my favorite series above all other books!!!!

Seriously, the altered books have a great mix of action and romance. Not too much romance but enough to still be there. There are so many action p
Debbie
Feb 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya, scfi
Savannah (Books With Bite)
This is a fantastic sequel! It moved in the character growth as well as the plot. It’s just amazing!

Plot: So the plot pretty much picks up where the last book left off. They are on the run and coming into other problems they did not see coming. I like that this plot goes deeper than what the reader thinks. There are many secrets exposed and new characters coming to light. The reader also sees other character finally coming out in their thoughts and emotions. Let’s just say that I was intrigued p
Roxanne
At first I was way into this book! It's pretty fun with all the action and deception, plus cute boys! I had to put it aside to go on a little summer road trip with the kids, but I was excited to get back into it when I arrived home. And then...it fizzled. I'm not sure what it was, exactly. Maybe too much action and not enough interpersonal stuff? It almost seemed like there would be a love triangle, or perhaps even a love square, and I was actually looking forward to either of those options beca ...more
caren
Better review to come closer to pub date, because there's way too much in this book for me to talk about it without spoiling. So I'll just say this: Jennifer Rush's follow up to Altered did not disappoint. At all. It was just as good as the first and reminded me once again that homegirl can tell one kickass story.
Angyy
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kristen Kooistra
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Hmm, it's hard to think of explicitly what I thought on this book. I enjoyed the twists and turns of the first one. I thought the character development was intriguing as well.

This book just fell a little flat for me. It wasn't great, and it wasn't terrible. I just felt a little bored at times and ended up skimming some sections.

There's some new reveals that are definitely interesting, but I wasn't as excited to discover them as I think I should've been. By the end I was thinking that there was
Tez
Jan 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went into the first book (Altered) expecting science fiction, and instead got a thriller. It didn't need a sequel, yet it has one (Erased). And having read that second novel, it doesn't need a sequel, yet it has one (Reborn will be published in early-January 2015). And there's a novella (Forged), but that hasn't sold Australian rights, so I can't buy and read it - which means I'm relying on YOU to tell me the spoilers.

We need to talk about this series' covers. (The U.S. covers, I mean - non-En
Prabhjot Kaur
Erased starts few weeks after where Altered finished. Like the first book this was thrilling and fast paced. And I love the boys even more now and even though there wasn't that much of them. But being the book not that long I can look past it.

Anna, I didn't much like her in the first book and I liked her even less in this (if that's even possible). She got more dumb and naive and of course jealous. I want Sam, I also want Nick, throw in Cas there too. She makes stupid decisions and doesn't even
Joshua
This book deserves a million golden stars.

It was frustratingly perfect. And I say frustratingly because the twists that this book had in its pages and creases are those that will have you cursing in no time. Plus it was fast-paced, compelling and at the same time, action-packed. Ever read of Marie Lu's Champion? Erased was as filled of action as that book, or even more so.

Now let's get to the characters.

There is a fine line between being stubborn and being rational. For example, Rose from Mead

• Touch (Denazen, #1)
  • Hunting Lila (Lila, #1)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Unmarked (The Legion, #2)
  • Pushed (Sense Thieves, #2)
  • Ignited (Sense Thieves #3)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Toxic (Denazen, #2)
  • Emblaze (The Violet Eden Chapters, #3)
  • Predestined (Existence, #2)
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
  • Touched (Sense Thieves, #1)
  • Rise
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Babe in Boyland
  • Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)
Jennifer Rush lives in a little town on the shoreline of Lake Michigan with her husband and two children. She grew up wanting to be an Egyptologist, but realized she hated the desert and declared herself a writer instead. She won her first writing award in the fourth grade (a Mickey Mouse pencil was the prize) and has been crafting stories ever since. In her free time, she likes to read, Photoshop ...more

Altered (3 books)