Start by marking “First Love” as Want to Read:
First Love

First Love

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  15,949 ratings  ·  2,014 reviews
Axi Moore is a "good girl": She studies hard, stays out of the spotlight, and doesn't tell anyone that what she really wants is to run away from it all. The only person she can tell is her best friend, Robinson--who she also happens to be madly in love with.

When Axi impulsively invites Robinson to come with her on an unplanned cross-country road trip, she breaks the rules
Published January 13th 2014 by jimmy patterson

·  15,949 ratings  ·  2,014 reviews

Start your review of First Love
Heather
Sep 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
When I read this the first time, it was called the Fault in Our Stars--and it was better.
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
*SOB* OMG OMG *SOB* OMG!
So I think both Little, Brown and Kleenex need to get together to promote this book, tissues trust me you'll need them!
How can I put into words how brilliant, heart-breaking. emotionally devastating and amazingly fantastic this book is, I can't unless you experience this book for yourselves you just wont understand, it's so much more than those words, the thought that it's based on a real -life story from James Patterson's life makes it even more meaningful and heartfelt.
Jennifer Bloom
Feb 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Adita ✨The Slumbering Insomniac✨
[6/10]

description

It is a love story.
It has a crazy road trip.
It has first crush turning into formidable love.
It has cancer.
It has heart break.
It has all the drama to make your eyes misty and heart racing.

The only misfit in the whole affair is James Patterson. JAMES PATTERSON!!!!!

description
Katz Nancy from NJ
Poor attempt at describing a first love. I was really surprised to see the authors glorifying two runaways and stealing a car. Gee, we all had first loves but didn't do things like that. I think Patterson hardly even wrote this book and if he did, I may stop reading him altogether. And to think he co authored this book in memory of his first love who died young. What a shame this was the forum he used to express their time together.
Sharon
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sixteen year old Axi Moore decided it was time to stop being the good girl and time to live life and go on an adventure. Her best friend Robinson couldn't believe that, Axi was capable of being anything other than a good girl (GG) which he nicknamed her, but he would soon be proven wrong. Together the two of them set off on a road trip where they would discover a world they never knew existed and do things they only dreamed of.

Living life to the fullest and exploring wonderful places along the
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
DNF on Page 55.

I borrowed this from the library a while back after seeing Penguin Platform's YouTube channel discuss the book. As someone who loves reading road trip novels, this sounded like my cup of tea. But after starting the book, I was finding the pacing incredibly fast which made the trip a little unrealistic in my view. I put the book down for a while (talking few months) and returned to it recently to see if I could get any further through but again, I struggled and simply concluded
Arlene
Short yet sweet story about two young people who fall in love despite the challenges they hope to outrun.

I came across First Love and for a couple of reasons it caught my attention. First, I’ve seen it compared to the The Fault in Our Stars many times and second, there was a road trip in the story. Putting these two elements together, I was sure First Love would capture my interest.

In this novel, Axi Moore and her best friend Robinson decide to throw caution to the wind and take an epic road
Brenda
Axi Moore had a big surprise for her best friend. Robinson was one she never seemed to be able to shock, but this time she hoped she could. Cutting classes for the afternoon, she had arranged to meet him at Bernie’s, their favourite hang-out, at 1.30 – when he walked in the door his big smile said it all. But she finally did it – when she told him her plans, and that he was part of it, she waited for his answer; “hell yes” was all the answer she needed.

Axi was GG to Robinson – Good Girl, he
~Bellegirl91~
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"You have to remember the good stuff, Axi."
~Robinson~

This book the second time round after 5 years....just pure wow! and the story and the encouragement given to one of the characters to just live life, love it, and enjoy the time you have here on earth.

When you learn by the halfway point once one of them (won't say who) coughs up blood, then you learn how the two met etc, that's when Patterson goes on this journey that I guess was a real eye opener for me in such a way.

There's a quote that
Leonel
Feb 13, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Doesn't James Patterson write mysteries, or he is just known for them? Anyway, he wrote "First Love" with Emily Raymond. (But look at the typeface of both their names, and you can see who is marketed more) Maybe that's why this book is kind of a mess: it's muddled, unfocused and kind of dumb. Yes, I know it is about teenagers, and they may be the target market, but I thought the book felt dumbed-down. And I wish the characters were more likeable. Halfway through the book, I stopped caring about ...more
Libby Ames
katyjanereads
Jul 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly Roberson
If you enjoyed the fault in our stars by John green I would definitely recommend this book! It's a lot of fun in being a road trip book, but has a lot of sadness as well. It isn't the best book out there, but I enjoyed it while I was reading it.
Grace Cieleen
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first James Patterson! This reminded me a lot of The Fault in our stars crossed with Nick and Norah's infinite playlist.

James Patterson, you can tell - is a master storyteller. The way that this was written, you couldn't tell that a man wrote it and I loved that.

I wanted to cry - I am sadist to myself that way. I wasn't able to. Guess I went ahead of myself. Maybe I just wanted to feel this story and channel it through my emotions. Well, I can say that this was enough to awaken and invoke
trning_leaves.n.pgs
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sigh. I'm not sure how to review this book, so here is my ramble. This book started out adorable and young adult-ish. The familiar good girl with a crush on her best friend that could charm an angry wasp with a crooked smile. Then somewhere around page 100 it became something else, sort of outlandish and Bonnie & Clyde. Then suddenly it was 'The Fault in Our Stars'. And even though you knew how it would end, it still gets you to sob at the end. Not what I initially expected. I think because ...more
Jen Kralle
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: james-patterson
This was a very sad book about teens who go on a journey together after meeting in a hospital. I won't tell you how they met but I will say that it was love at first sight and they go across the country to escape their life. In the end they find that they can't escape life but they can be together and learn life lessons together. This was such a heart warming story about true love and how you find the one you're meant to be with in strange ways and it is always worth it. This was not a normal ...more
Amy
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick and easy read. Reminder of how fragile life is and the wonderful feeling of being in love
Nicaaa
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real page-turner, easy read and well written. You will laugh and you will cry. You will remember your first love.
I cried my eyes out, I cried my eyes out, I cried my eyes out, I cried my eyes out, I cried my eyes out...
This is not your typical James Patterson novel, but a very romantic and heartbreaking story.
Jess
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this quick read!! I love road trip books and romance so this was a good one! I read it in about 2 sittings!
Two best friends decide to run away on a cross-country trip that turns into a Bonnie & Clyde type adventure. Along the way, Axi and Robinson finally admit they have feelings for each other and curse themselves for waiting so long to admit it, especially when (view spoiler)

At first, I was wondering what the heck I was reading when their somewhat innocent trip to see the country turns quickly to one of crime. I thought
Laurene
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
James Patterson, author of First Love, meet John Green, author of The Fault Of Our Stars. There was something lacking in the character and story line development in First Love. The story circled the same ideas over and over again, steal cars then go on adventures, until the very end. The story could have developed into so much more.

"Like everyone, everywhere, was thinking about life, and how it is the happiest and saddest thing, the most wonderful and the most terrible and the most precious."
Sojourner
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
In a story that is remarkably inspiring, poignant, memorable and full of adventure, James Patterson, the bestselling author of the Alex Cross thrillers and The Women's Murder Club series, has taken a leap into a world of romance with his new novel, First Love, in partnership with Emily Raymond. For those who have identified him with his brand of heart-pounding, out-of-this-world thrillers, the switch is like having a bad dream. But once you get into the story, you'll understand why James ...more
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Actual rating : 4.5 stars

I really enjoyed this book, but by God was it short!
It felt a bit rushed because of that.
It has a road trip element to it which I liked, but I just wish there was more.
Donna Lewis
A sweet little love story for young readers. Not really all that believable, but nothing too risqué. Lucky for me it was a quick read.
Maddie
This is my first James Patterson romance I've read, and it was quite good. I love how it contained his staple short chapters, made this a quick read for me. It was a sad story, but they really both learnt to just live and love.
I couldn't relate much to this story, as I've done nothing in this book, and no one I know's had cancer, but I still felt for both characters. I'm glad they got the perfect ending, as perfect as it could get in their circumstance. They did some pretty insane things, while
Haley
I absolutely love James Patterson's writing and this book didn't disappoint. I read some of the reviews and people compared this to fault in our stars & pretty much said this was a copycat. I personally didn't think so and felt this one had more of an adventure to it and was an entirely new plot line and it got to the point. It was a sweet love story and got me back into reading more. I'm glad it was more of a short story and the ending was predictable but sad.
The Good
It was fast paced and
Agustina
Mar 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was, in my opinion, ridiculous. It was completely unrealistic and a The Fault in our stars copy. Don't recommend it at all
Anjz Baccay
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First love is an adventure. It is about two people in search of the spices and thrills of life. Axi may not know it but what she is really looking for is hope and Robinson, life. Axi has a complicated family and that would make one think that that is her reason of her escaping town. This may lead readers to think (view spoiler)

[It was actually fun reading it especially on the first parts. (view spoiler)
Jean Claudia (Bookish Poetess)
“We couldn’t know the future or how long it would last. We could only choose to be happy and alive right now.”

Re-reading the book was like reading it for the first time because maybe of the time difference from the first time I read it was two years, and two years was somehow a lot of time for me. I can't recall vividly all the details but I can remember bits and pieces as I read page after page.

The story is about a sixteen-year old good girl, Axi Moore and her not-so-good-guy-best-friend,
YA Buddy Readers'...: First Love by James Patterson --> Starting 1st April 2019 33 151 Apr 06, 2019 01:47AM
Around the Year i...: First Love, by James Patterson 1 14 Apr 18, 2016 06:31PM
Say Anything 12 73 Jun 27, 2014 08:04AM

• Hot Winter Nights (Bear Mountain Rescue, #1)
  • Cele cinci limbaje ale iubirii
  • Magický advent
  • Teen Wolf: Bite Me #1
  • My Little Phony (The Clique, #13)
  • Guilty Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #11)
  • Heart of Texas, Volume 3: Nell's Cowboy & Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #5-6)
  • Saved by Him (Like A Hurricane, #2)
  • 7 Kilo in 3 Tagen: Über Weihnachten nach Hause
  • 'Tis The Season: A Promise To Keep\Christmas At Wayfarer Inn\Twelfth Knight
  • Ich habe mich versehentlich auf den Staubsauger gesetzt: aberwitzige Sex-Unfälle
  • A Man Called Sunday
  • The Last of the Dog Team (Dog Team, #1)
  • Cocosatul #1
  • Crima si pedeapsa
  • The Dance
  • Oscar si doamna in roz
  • Even More Notes From the Universe: Dancing Life's Dance
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books
“The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to someone else.” 35 likes
“I watched the way our fingers intertwined, and I thought, What are hands made for but this? For holding. For holding on.” 24 likes