Start by marking “Watch over Me” as Want to Read:
Watch over Me

Watch over Me

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  4,014 Ratings  ·  525 Reviews
Addison Snow is your typical teenager. She has a family that loves her, friends that make her laugh, and she's wrapped up in the excitement of graduating high school and going off to college to pursue her dream of becoming an author. When her mother, who also happens to be Addison's best friend, dies unexpectedly, her world comes to a crashing halt.

Published June 14th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Watch over Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watch over Me

xrysa
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary

“Death changes everyone......
It changes the way you think, the way you feel, and the way you live your life.
Sometimes it makes you thankful for what you have, but more often that not, it makes you regret the things you've lost.”

I'm not sure who I felt about this book therefore the 3 stars.Its tone was supposed to be depressing?

I wasnt feeling it.

At all

Addison is still suffering from the tragedies of the past.It is obvious that she cant move on.This happens because she has also to d
Christy
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
 photo 31a2bf1c-53ef-434c-beca-7ad34da6dc5f_zps6ad64121.jpg

Tara Sivec is just one of those authors that can dabble in any genre successfully. This is different than any of her other books. A sweet, yet emotionally heartbreaking read.

Death changes everyone...

Addison is not your typical 18 year old. One major event has changed her entire life. She lost her mother, her father has become an alcoholic, she feels that she has no one. Nothing to live for. It takes her a while to get back on her feet, but she is surviving. Day to day, she runs her mother’s ba
Lucia
May 16, 2013 rated it liked it

3.5 EMOTIONAL STARS!I was surprised how much I loved this book. This was my first read by Tara Sivec and I definitely need to check out her other projects. Highly recommended to all who love read emotional New-Adult stories!

My Addison and Zander:

"People in your life will let you down sometimes. It’s a fact of life, Addison. What matters is how you handle it."

Addison used to be cheerful and happy teenager. Until she suddenly lost her mother who was also her best friend and gained alcoholic fath
Arlene
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Arlene by: Blog Tour
Around every corner is a possibility: a possibility of hope, of friendship, of support.

Love. Love. Love.

Tara Sivec has made me laugh, fall in love with fictional people, and now bring me to the verge of tears with her newest novel Watch Over Me. I’ve read every single Sivec novel, and I’ve come to one resounding conclusion… when I open her books I have no clue what I’m in for, but I can always count on the fact that I’m going to enjoy the journey she has in store for me. Awesome writer, story te
Aestas Book Blog
May 06, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: top-tbr
NEW TARA SIVEC BOOK!! "Watch Over Me" will be out this June!!

Death changes everyone...

To make the pain go away, Addison and her father travel dow
Paula
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it

Death changes everyone. It changes the way you think, the way you feel and the way you live your life. Sometimes it makes you thankful for what you have, but more often than not, it makes you regret the things you've lost.

Addison Snow was your typical, happy teenager with dreams of the future until she lost her mother and best friend to leukemia. Then her father to alcoholism, because he chose to drown himself in vodka rather than be the father Addison desperately needed. She was drow
Willow ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really don't know how I'm going to write this review, it was so deep and emotional and seemed so personal.

The story is about Addison, told from her point of view. Addison has lost her mum, her Dad is a drunk and not there for her and she had tried to take her life. She can't get past the loss of her mum, her life is not moving forward and she is closed off to everyone. She is stuck running her mums bakery, feeling its her duty, not wanting to let go.

Zander has been coming to the bakery for a w
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Watch Over Me – Tara Sivec

5 stars!!

This was emotional! If this is not a personal experience I will eat my hat! The pages radiated grief, emotion, heartache, sadness and depression, at times I was sobbing and I felt myself thinking what would I do in this situation and I didn’t like it..I couldn’t imagine, I didn’t want to imagine and I was scared to imagine.

The blurb had me hooked, it was so far away from Tara’s usual writing style that I wanted to see how it panned out and I was not disappointe
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Solid 4 Stars!

It would appear that Tara Sivec is looking to try out all of the various book genres. This is her first YA book and I thought it was really, really good. To me it had a Sea of Tranquility or Hopeless type of a feel to it. It had very sad and serious undertones. But it was very well-written and had me hooked from the beginning.

Addison's life changed the moment her mom dies. After dying suddenly while in remission from cancer, Addison is left destroyed....physically and emotionally.
Beth
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author for an honest review.

4.5 Therapy Needed Stars

Tara Sivec has decided to tip her toes into the YA world. And by dip her toes, I mean score a 10 from the high dive. A 10 from all the Olympic judges including the Russian. Yeah...Even the Russian judge. Ms Sivec has conquered to world of laugh-you-ass-off-funny and tough guy contemporary romance/suspense. Now she is taking on the YA world.

That's how Addison's story begins and ends. With death
Jacqueline's Reads
May 24, 2013 marked it as top-tbr
Oh Gah, I have too many on my Reading List Pile.... bumping this up :D

Death changes everyone...

To make the pain go away, Addison and her father trav
Shambhawi P.
How to write a formula New Adult book

Ingredients
1 heroine with issues.
1 hero with a secret.
Dysfunctional secondary characters to taste.
Strips of cheesy lines.
2 jugs of graphic sex.

Process
Put the heroine in the blame-game pot. Add the hero with the lid on the secrets closed. Add as much of dysfunctional secondary as you would prefer. Add the cheesy lines and stir clockwise for happy moments and again counterclockwise for angsty ones. Add a jug of graphic sex. Stir again with the cheese strips. Ad
CT
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
The plot
The story jumps from Addison talking to her therapist to flashbacks of past events to present day. Addison lost her mum who was also her best friend. She finds it difficult juggling the responsibilities that should have belonged to her father. Enter Zander and his napkins (aww). Both have their own secrets that can threaten their relationship.

My thoughts:
There was some nice light moments with Zander that I wished there was more of. The thing with the therapist still left me a
Kelle
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Holy CRAP..Tara Sivec, you blow my mind!!
I loved Tara' s Chocolate Series and have to admit was a little nervous going into this book, going from her funny to her serious but was so worth it.
I don't want to give anything away but have some tissues ready for some rough moments and some very touching moments.
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
10 stars. Can I give a book that many stars? Well I am, so :p. Watch Over Me was one of those books that spoke to me on a personal level. Not with losing my mom, Thank God I don't know what I would do if I did, but the dysfunction of how Addison was.

We start the book off after Addison has lost her mother and how she is not dealing with the loss well. Then it fast forwards about 10 months and we now see this young woman with too many problems and no one to help her through them. Addison's father
Megi
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Hmmm this book is like a sad journal.. A well written journal.. it's about how the girl in the book is effected by her mom's death. I just can't read it. I am literally not capable of taking this much of emotion. Really.. I mean it.. I have enough emotional stuff going on in my mind.. don't need someone else's. So you go under did not finish.
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends
5+++ Stars

A beautifully story, perfectly told.

Why did it take me so long to read this book? It was simply too good for words and I was on emotional overload throughout.

I'm not known for loving emotionally charged books but this was amazing and I was enthralled by it for each and every minute as the words poured out of the pages and into my soul.

The story tells the tale of Addison Snow as she picks up the pieces of her life after her mother dies. Addison hits rock bottom and survives but exists
Sammy ⭐️
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stand-alone, 4-star
4.5 Learning to live again Stars

This is a book that's been sat on my kindle for such a long time, and seriously I don't know why. my heart hurts my eyes are puffy and I've just had a very emotional phone call with my Mum.

Addison is in that dark place you fall into when you feel that your whole world is broken. After loosing her mother to Cancer, her father to many stints in rehab and her own torture of a pysc ward, she starts to realise that life is just passing her by. As hard as working and ru
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

Addison lost her mum...

She finds it difficult juggling the responsibilities...

She meets Zander...

They both have their own secrets...

Will it pull them together...

or break them apart?

My thoughts:

I loved the way Tara told Addison's story. There are three storylines going on at once, Addison talking to her therapist, flashbacks and present day with Zander. You'd think you would be confused but I thought the story flowed nicely.

“It's Life. It's the bumps and the bruises, the pain and the fear; it
Annette
“Death changes everyone.
It changes the way you think, the way you feel, and the way you live your life. Sometimes it makes you thankful for what you have, but more often than not, it makes you regret the things you've lost."

It's a sad emotional story about a teenager that loses her mom and is having a hard time moving forwarded...she's closed herself off from the world and built walls to stop herself from feeling emotions....

Then she meets Zander/"Napkin Guy" (swoon) he's my favorite part in the
Kim Bailey
This one hurt my heart.

5 Stars +

Yes it's a romance, but it's so much more. The romantic aspect of this story is secondary to Addison's struggle and growth as a character. She fights through depression, the loss of her mother, an alcoholic father, friendship, love and taking charge of life.

For anyone who's lost thier mother - I dare you to read this with a dry eye. Impossible! I blubbered like a giant baby & didn't regret it for a minute.

I am in awe of this wonderful, emotional piece that Tar
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
May 18, 2013 marked it as z-2013
However dull May seems to be going, June is going to rock my world!!! It brings 14 books I'm dying to get my hands on.. + some more ;) haha
Brooke-True Story Book Blog
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it

Beautiful, heart-breaking, breathtaking…just REAL!! Wow…I am not sure how much more I can say other than…WOW! One of the most beautiful books I have read this year. Watch Over Me had me in crying fits multiple times and I loved every second of it. Addison Snow will shatter your heart into tiny little pieces while telling her story and she will ever so slowly, glue them all back together right along with her own.

Tara Sivec has absolutely knocked this one out of the book world ballpark. If you thi
Vilma Iris
Personal and poignant. An intimate view into one girl's heart-breaking journey as she learns to live with loss and searches for a reason to happy again. 4 emotive stars!

--------------------------------

"Death changes everyone. It changes the way you think, the way you feel, and the way you live your life."

This was a really poignant read... it felt personal and intimate. To me, it almost felt like I was reading a diary. There were a multitude of emotions poured onto the page... authentic and pal
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Death changes everyone.

For those that know me, I do not dole out 5 star reviews very often. It’s actually very rare that I find a book that’s damn near perfect, but this is one of them!

Most readers know Tara Sivec from her hilarious Chocolate Lover’s Series, but if you’re looking for laughs, you definitely won’t get them here. This is the story of 19 year old Addison, who is suffering terribly from the death of her mother, who is also her best friend, and the loss of her father to alcoh
Livia
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of upper YA/NA, heavy topics include loss, depression, suicide & addiction
Recommended to Livia by: I'm already a Tara Sivec fan.
I loved the first two lines of Addison’s story:

‘Death changes everyone. It changes the way you think, the way you feel, and the way you live your life.’

Minor spoilers follow!
****
Addison should’ve been spending her last teen years as a happy stereotypical outgoing cheerleader. Instead, she finds her life radically changed by her mother’s death, the parent she was the closet to growing up. With the loss of his soul-mate, her father has fallen apart and becomes a well meaning but ineffective parent
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love Tara Sivec. I mean, hard core, girl crush on this woman. I read her Chocolate series and nearly wet myself more times than I could count. That being said....this book is SO FAR from that series...and I could not love it more.

Addison is broken. Her mother has passed away, her father is an alcoholic, I mean...girl has the cards stacked against her.
"Look, if I go into things expecting people to suck, when they finally DO suck, it's not that bad. They acted just like I thought they would, I'm
Samantha
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of my New Year Resolutions was to read more Contemporary Fiction in 2014....well my very first full length novel of 2014 has only fueled my desire to actually put this resolution into motion.

Sivec has written a book that is exquisite and breathtaking. Watch Over Me is raw emotion, it's heart wrenching and the most honest and beautiful book I've read in a LONG time. I cried at Addison's hurt, I giggled at Zander's sweetness and I sobbed at the all consuming pain of Addison's story.

Watch Over
Heather in FL
With Tara Sivec, you could get super funny (Seduction and Snacks) or super heavy, like this one. It took me just a little while to get into this, because it was just so depressing at first. But once Zander entered the picture, I had hope. I suppose I kinda mirrored Addison in that way. You kinda knew early on that there was something special about Zander. I mean Addison knew there was something familiar about him, but she couldn't figure it out. When we met his family and discovered his professi ...more
Duck
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Death changes everyone…

Addison is a teenager living her life like anyone else her age when her Mom suddenly dies. For Addison it is a constant struggle but one day she decides she’s had enough of feeling the way she does and wants to move past it.

Watch Over Me was such a good read for me. There were parts in the middle where I didn’t feel as connected with Addison but after awhile I got it back. I loved Zander and his notes; I thought it was the cutest thing ever. I thought the parts with her Da
  • Because of You (Playing with Fire, #2)
  • My Butterfly (Butterfly Weeds, #2)
  • Glass Hearts (Hearts, #2)
  • Nets and Lies
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
  • Irreparably Broken (Irreparable, #1)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • Recovery (Mending Hearts, #1.5)
  • A Life More Complete
  • April Showers (April, #1)
  • AnguiSH (AnguiSH, #1)
  • The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters, #4)
  • Take Care, Sara
  • Everything Changes
  • When We Collide
  • Emancipating Andie
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“It's easy to forgive someone for the hurt they've caused you. Forgetting is impossible.” 34 likes
“Death changes everyone......
It changes the way you think, the way you feel, and the way you live your life.
24 likes