Start by marking “Tangled Beauty (Tangled, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tangled Beauty (Tangled, #1)

Tangled Beauty

(Tangled #1)

Sinclair Jeffries thought she knew what she was getting into when her zany, gay friend, Jesse Eddington, talked her into portraying his girlfriend during his parent's anniversary party on Huntington Beach. That is, until she met Reed, Jesse's sexy as hell older brother, and ends up getting much more than what she'd bargained for.

Reed Eddington assumed his future was settle
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 283 pages
Published August 3rd 2013 by K.L. Middleton (first published February 10th 2013)

Goddess Of Blah
Sep 14, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My feelings on this story - LOATHE, HATE, DESPISE.
description

One dimensional, shallow, pathetic characters - cliches of a cliches.
Slut shaming, girl-on-girl hate, sexist, borderline homophobic, awful plot blah blah....

The Characters:

Heroine: poor, little, uneducated, average me Hair Stylist. She's adopted - Poor Orphan Annie.
description

Hero: tall, dark, handsome, OLD MONEY rich, annoying playboy of the model/ actress dating type. A lawyer - because despite his daddy's OLD money he needs to have a job outside the fa
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Bl2 xB by sb_zpstjtnkesg.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (5/3/2015)

Stand-alone book 1.

BLURB:

Candace
This book had been sitting on my Audible 'to-read/listen' shelf for quite a long time. Since the length was pretty close to the length of my road trip today, I figured I'd finally give it a go.

For the most part, I liked the story. It was straightforward and kept my interest. Sinclair, Jesse and Reed were nice enough characters. However, all of the other main characters were pretty despicable. No wonder Jesse detests his parents! Ugh! The fact that Sinclair was willing to subject herself to them
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Four Stars

Wow. That took me about three hours to finish. That was surprisingly good for a fast, free read. Could've used a little more steam, but otherwise, no complaints :)

----------

Free on Amazon 02.22.13
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Not Safe. I almost did not finish and wish I'd just chucked it at the 20% mark like I originally wanted too, because it just got worse.

H has a fiance that he is in lust with. She is a horrible person but apparently so hot and gives great bjs and is a wild cat in bed *gag* that the H is willing to put a ring on it?!?! While he is happily engaged to OW he flirts and kisses the h, because you know, he isn't "in love" with his fiance and the h is just so hot!

Nope. Not cool.

The h isn't must better s
Sara
Feb 02, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh... this story is ridiculous. There is no substance to the story. The ending really isn't an ending. It was just a waste of time. It was seriously a chore to finish this book.
Southern
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
ok this was a really great quick read for me..I finished it in just a few hours because I literally couldnt put it down. It kept me interested from cover to cover and had a great storyline and characters..it was something different for me and right now thats just what I needed. A quick change of pace:)
I loved the characters in this book. Reed was freaking hawt! lol and I gotta say Sinclair was my kind of girl..she doesnt hold back what she is thinking...yea I have a problem with that too:) Her a
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
Amy
Jan 26, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-like
Complete and utter crap. Ridiculous storyline, poorly written characters and laughable relationship development. A waste of time, don't bother.
~Mindy Lynn~
AMAZON KINDLE FREEBIE 6/22/17
J. Kahele
This book started strong but then the constant POV changes, kind of killed it, not too mention the sudden appearance of the creepy stalker guy.
Sinclair is a hair stylist and her gay friend Jessie asks her if she will go to his parents home with him and pose as his girlfriend, because his parents think he is straight. She agrees. Its where she meets the super, hot, brother,Reed.
Reed is engaged to a nasty, obnoxious woman.
When he meets Sinclair the attraction is instant, neither one of them can d
Ivy Deluca
The Premise
The heroine, Sinclair Jeffries, agrees to play girlfriend for her gay friend Jesse during his parent's anniversary party. She then meets Reed, Jesse's brother, and of course, they have an instant attraction, which is immediately complicated by his witchy supermodel fiance. There's a couple of other things going on that but that's the main story. I think.

The Good
Pretty sure I got this for free, which was nice.

*blinks* yeah, some funny parts, and frustrated almost sex scenes…..hmmm. Oh
Isabella Ledesma
Nov 12, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK

This was such a poor plot twist. The characters were so fickle, their personalities were changed now and then, and some of them didn't have any transcendence. The "villain" was so stupid, the writer didn't put much thinking about it. The conversations between them were so vague and short

DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!
AT THE VERGE OF HATING IT!
April Abrams
Meh... That's what this one left me with. It was an ok story. I didn't dislike it. I just didn't love it. It had all of the ingredients to be amazing though and they just weren't used and mixed in a way that was most advantageous in my very humble opinion. Maybe it's just me though.
Monique
DNF - Told in the first person and oh my! There was not a single voice that I liked. Everyone of them sounded completely stupid to me.
S.E.
Apr 24, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
hated this sexist slutty nearly-homophobic book and barely made it to chapter six without throwing up...DO NOT READ THIS SHIT! A monkey could have written a better story...
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
Another book I had purchased in November 2013 and that just now read.
I'm reading some really cool stuff that I bought and I forgot.
Quick read and interesting. Recommend!
Amz_Bookz_Junkie_4EvEr
description

Reed Eddington assumed his future was settled until he met Sinclair, his brother's so-called "girlfriend", but the raw, sexual tension between them is hard to ignore. As
Brandi Kennedy
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let me start with the story itself. I loved this book. I LOVED the easy friendship between Jesse and Sinclair. It was easy to hate Sela and Jack, and maybe even Mimi, and it was easy to love Reed, especially after getting to know Sela. Michael was an interesting twist to the story, especially toward the end of the book when I just knew everyone was being too naive if they believed that little sub-plot was really finished. I'm curious to see if it is continued in any way in the sequel to this boo ...more
Lawren Floyd
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sinclair has a friendship with Jesse which could be admired. Even though she has only known him for around 6 months, the connection was instant. Agreeing to "play" along with Jesse's charade, Sinclair gets a little more than she bargains for at his parents anniversary party.

Jesse is a gay man who is afraid to fully let his parents know his sexual orientation. Hearing his parents berate and judge other people like him is enough to make him fearful. With that said, he pleads with Sinclair to acco
Kerry-Ann
Jul 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To start at the beginning this book was good and the need to know how it ended kept me reading till the end. That said though I believe the description of this book on Amazon.co.uk should be edited and should include more information about the involving nature of this book as I know if I had have known what it included I would NOT have downloaded it.. free or not!

I do believe however if the psycho stalker (who randomly came out of nowhere) bit hadn't of been in it the story itself would have bee
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Aug 21, 2013 marked it as my-kindle-freebie-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mixed-reviews
FREE 8-21-13 on Amazon(grab it now I'm not sure for how long)
U.S. Link:
U.K. Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BEKCKMQ

I see this one has mixed reviews if you read it before me let me know what you think!
Rachel
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Light and fluffy with some random drama at the end. Short, sweet, and simple.

I got this for free on Amazon, so no complaints!
Amelia
NB: Evidently I read Tangled Beauty before, back in 2014 as part of Tidal Wave but as I have no memory of that, had no sense of deja vu during the read AND had a decidedly different opinion this time round, here goes my circa 2018 review. **MILD SPOILERS AHEAD**

Tangled Beauty is a tangled mess of sleazy men, stereotypes and weird roadblocks. I loved Jessie ("the gay BFF") but he is such a stereotype of a camp gay man it's verging on offensive. The "hero" is a conceited ladies' man. The model gir
Katerina
Free iBook.

Sinclair - 24 yo
A hairdresser pretending to be the fake girlfriend to her gay best friend. Looks like Sophia Loren. Loved her character voice - assertive AF. Ex-fiancé cheated a year ago, and in a dry "situation" now.

Jesse - 24 yo
Sinclair's gay best friend pretending to be straight in front of his parents so he doesn't lose his trust fund. Has a closet boyfriend.

Reed - 27 yo
Jesse's older heterosexual brother and a lawyer. He is engaged to a French model - freak in the sheets and a ri
Ray
Nov 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rant-reviews
Oh boy, here we go again.
So here's that same story y'all know and are most likely sick of by now: It was late at night, I was bored and insomniac, I found a Kobo freebie. Fast forward one day and here I am, ready to rant. Let's get right into it shall we?

Okay so Tangled Beauty (honestly wtf is this name? It's so ridiculous I laugh every time I read it) is supposed to be a romance/thriller/mystery. But the thing is, there is literally no romance, no mystery and absolutely no thrill at all!

Let me
Petra
DNF. Abandoned audio after 1hr. Worst audio production ever! The story isn't gripping me either.
Rae Lake
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jane
If you're looking for a simple feel-good novel with a touch of erotica and another touch of suspense, then this is the book for you. However, if you're looking for some true love story, this isn't the one for you. Do not read this book if you are looking for some literary mastermind to entertain you because this isn't one of those books.

I didn't really like how gay men were portrayed in this book. Sure, there can be some gay guys who act like that but maybe authors should avoid the clichés of a
'Q' aka CoCo
Apr 22, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Eh...

Everything happened so fast... I don't feel like there were enough details for me to get in to the story. Well, relevant details. We received a million details about Reed's good looks, his hair, his clothing even, but when she was kidnapped? I believe the whole thing was reduced to a few pages. Literally she wakes up, kicks him in the balls, escapes... The whole stalker premise of the book is reduced to that??? Disappointing to say the least. Also, despite the fact that there is a lot of se
Madison Mega-Mara...: #171 - Tangled Beauty 1 2 Oct 16, 2014 11:40AM

• Fair Play (Diamond, #1)
  • Touch of Eden
  • In the Moment (Moments, #1)
  • Strictly Business
  • Hate Me
  • Forever Mine
  • Metal Urge
  • Sexy Berkeley (Sexy, #1)
  • Your Favorite Girl (YFG, #1)
  • Play for Me
  • Rush of Innocence (The Rush Series #1)
  • The First Touch
  • Buried Secrets
  • More Than One Night
  • Tempted (Tempted, #1)
  • The Lies that Save Us (Broken Heart, #1)
  • Against The Odds
  • Choices (Choices, #1)
I am a wife and mother of two girls, Cassie and Allie. I live in Minnesota and, yes, our winters are legendary! I believe this has a lot to do with my passion for reading and writing, which is something I'd like to make a full time career of sometime in the future. Right now my days are filled with chasing after children in my daycare but at night I chase after my dreams of becoming a popular writ ...more

Tangled (3 books)
  • Tangled Mess (Tangled, #2)
  • Tangled Fury (Tangled, #3)
“I’d probably sleep like an angel but dream like the Devil, if the images of Reed didn’t leave my sinful mind.” 1 likes
“a sigh of relief. “Jesus,” 0 likes