Start by marking “From Stress to Stillness: Tools for Inner Peace” as Want to Read:
From Stress to Stillness: Tools for Inner Peace

From Stress to Stillness: Tools for Inner Peace

Most stress is created by how we think about things. From Stress to Stillness will help you to examine what you're thinking and change your relationship to your thoughts so that they no longer result in stress. Drawing from the wisdom traditions, mindfulness meditation, psychology, New Thought, and the author's own experience as a spiritual teacher and counselor, From Stre ...more
Published April 29th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

Fabiola
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

This book definitely deserves a 5 star review. It makes you feel the present moment. It's energy is one that helps you feel the peacefulness as you are reading it. This book is a must read!
Lilac Reviews
I applaud anyone that works to add to another human’s happiness and peace. Every step in the right direction is a good thing. If everyone read this book, cumulatively the world will be better off. This work is organized into five chapters and there is also an appendix. I appreciate these tools. If someone is impatient and wants to skip to the section/ topic that gives them the most worries, they can. Then can go back to the other sections when they are ready to settle down with the whole book.
Th
marlyn payero
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book!

This book is excellent. I've been Christian all my life, Christianity teaches me to love my neighbors but this book gave me a deeper understanding of what love really means. I always fight with my thoughts but now I understand that I have options for them. I would recommend this book to everyone I know. I just recommended this book to two of my friends. Love it. Gina Lake God bless you.
Andrea
Apr 01, 2014 rated it liked it
This book had really great suggestions for how to quiet the negative/anxious inside voice and have a peaceful mind. To me, the strategies made sense, but the author uses the word "ego" to describe that voice and its actually not the ego, but the id that's responsible for that inner stress, if I'm not mistaken. Still good practical advice.
Shelly
No stars. New age, hippy-dippy tripe from someone who has confused the id with the ego.
Susan
Wade Alt
Jun 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Cooking With Hot Flashes: And Other Ways to Make Middle Age Profitable
  • The Prayer Dare: Take the Challenge That Will Transform Your Relationship With God
  • How Healing Works: Get Well and Stay Well Using Your Hidden Power to Heal
  • How to Save Money at Home: A Room-by-Room Guide to Cut Spending
  • World War II: Carrier War
  • Wormwood Star: The Magickal Life of Marjorie Cameron (Revised Edition)
  • EFT and Tapping for Beginners: The Essential Eft Manual to Start Relieving Stress, Losing Weight, and Healing
  • 20 Things I've Learned as an Entrepreneur
  • Og Mandino's Great Trilogy
  • Truth Seekers: Ten Amazing People Who Found It!
  • Sugar Detox for Beginners: Your Guide to Starting a 21-Day Sugar Detox
  • How to be a Productivity Ninja - FREE SAMPLER: Worry Less, Achieve More and Love What You Do
  • The Talk Show Murders (Billy Blessing, #3)
  • Pain: The Divine Mystery: Why God Allows Suffering
  • Schizophrenic God?: Finding Reality in Conflict, Confusion, and Contradiction
  • Why Materialism Is Baloney: How True Skeptics Know There Is No Death and Fathom Answers to Life, the Universe and Everything
  • The Nikola Tesla Treasury
  • Sleep Secrets: How to Fall Asleep Fast, Beat Fatigue and Insomnia and Get A Great Night's Sleep
Gina Lake is the author of numerous books about awakening to one’s true nature, including From Stress to Stillness, Trusting Life, Embracing the Now, Radical Happiness, Living in the Now, Return to Essence, Choosing Love, Anatomy of Desire, Getting Free, Ten Teachings for One World, and The Jesus Trilogy (Choice and Will /Love and Surrender / Beliefs, Emotions, and the Creation of Reality). She is ...more
“What we resist persists.” 1 likes
“have. Our true nature is steady, receptive, and accepting of everything that happens, including our own misguided conclusions and behaviors.” 0 likes