Start by marking “A Year in Food and Beer: Recipes and Beer Pairings for Every Season” as Want to Read:
A Year in Food and Beer: Recipes and Beer Pairings for Every Season

A Year in Food and Beer: Recipes and Beer Pairings for Every Season

(Rowman & Littlefield Studies in Food and Gastronomy)

With the explosion in craft beers and interest in seasonal cuisine, A Year in Food and Beer perfectly fills a niche. Wither over 40 enticing recipes and more than 100 beer-pairing suggestions, it instructs readers how to identify flavors in specific beers and how to complement those with gourmet foods and cooking techniques by season.
Published May 9th 2013 by Altamira Press (first published April 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Year in Food and Beer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Year in Food and Beer

Start your review of A Year in Food and Beer: Recipes and Beer Pairings for Every Season
Kelly
I had a feeling this book would be a great fit for me. I mean, I love beer. And I love food. And I, who for the first twenty-four years of my life cooked nothing other than Pop-Tarts, have recently discovered that I also quite like to cook. So what’s not to love about a book of recipes and beer pairings, right?

Oh, so very right.

Here are just a few of the things I loved about this book. It’s written by authors who clearly value good food and good beer. The information is presented logically and c
Darren
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beer is not just beer, no matter what many people might wrongly think. More and more people are considering what they drink and how they drink it, and that includes making sure that the "right beer" goes with the "right food". Just as some aficionados fuss about the right type of wine with a white fish, the same can happen with beer. This book tells you why and shows you how.

What you get is a lot more than just theoretical learning, you get to don your apron and get cooking too! Beginning with a
Todd
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Look!  A post about beer from Todd?  How unexpected?  All joking aside, I got the chance to review A Year in Food and Beer by Emily Baime and Darin Michaels and promptly took it.  I knew that the book mainly focused on beer tasting and food pairing, two subjects which I admittedly knew very little about, despite being a homebrewer for over two years.  So, with a lot to learn, I dove right in.

The book contains a general introduction to beer and tasting in general, covering the major scents and ta
Naomi
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read my full review: http://bit.ly/ZPuJDh

4.5/5 Stars

My opinion: Alright, I have to say that this was a pretty cool cookbook. I am familiar with wine pairings and so much is written on them, but not a whole lot on beer pairings or that all beers aren't Miller light or Budweiser.

I am going to lay out in bullet points what I like and didn't like about this book:

Likes:

Beer catagories are laid out beautifully with rich, detailed descriptions about color and taste
The authors give very clear instru
Ryan Gunzel
Mar 04, 2014
Chriskolak
Aug 05, 2013
Kimberly Beiswenger
rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2017
Igrowastreesgrow
Feb 17, 2017
Bri
Apr 22, 2019

Rowman & Littlefield Studies in Food and Gastronomy (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Appetites and Aspirations in Vietnam: Food and Drink in the Long Nineteenth Century
  • Three World Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Chinese
  • Food and the Novel in Nineteenth-Century America
  • Food and Social Media: You Are What You Tweet
  • Celebraciones Mexicanas: History, Traditions, and Recipes
  • The Food Section: Newspaper Women and the Culinary Community
  • Small Batch: Pickles, Cheese, Chocolate, Spirits, and the Return of Artisanal Foods
  • Eating Together: Food, Space, and Identity in Malaysia and Singapore