Start by marking “Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies (Fairy True, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies (Fairy True, #1)

Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies

(Fairy True #1)

The treasure hunter… Veronica Kwon is determined to be the only person in control of her destiny. After surviving a broken engagement and turning her back on her wealthy manipulative father, she started a treasure hunting company and is ready for the adventure of a lifetime.

The ex-fiance… Jax Taylor is a Southern charmer with enough sex appeal to melt the polar ice caps. H
Published July 1st 2013 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies

TheGeekyBlogger
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read for Fun (Kindle)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 4.00

First Thought when Finished: Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies by Avery Flynn was a unique joyride that had action, adventure, romance, humor, snark, and a mix of fairy tales/Indiana Jones (or maybe Tomb Raider--still deciding on that). I HAD FUN!

PLUS: Giggling Evil Zombies--trust me it worked!

Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, Done Reviews
Rachel
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Not your average fairy tale.

This book grabbed me from the opening page, when the heroine quips about karma running her down and reversing for a second shot.

When Veronica Kwon is summoned by her mentor Antoine, she never thought she would literally run into her ex-fiancé Jax Taylor. All six feet of deliciousness.

Antoine has procured 3 magic beans and needs both of them to help grow the beanstalk that leads to a golden goose, a magical harp and untold riches.

What ensues is a fun adventure, tha
CassandraG
Definitely, a fun read and I generally don’t read and enjoy Zombie novels, but did enjoy this one.

I’ve been Jaxified.

Jax and a former heiress whose been disowned by her controlling father, because she managed to stand up to him (and daddy, didn’t like that one bit). She was also his former fiancée(but that’s a story in itself).

An associate named Antoine, who deals in mystical artifacts, manages to coerce them into going on a journey after magical beans that can create a very large bean stalk we
Gemma Brocato
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Avery Flynn does an amazing job of grabbing your attention and holding on to it. From the first sentence I was compelled to keep turning the pages to see what would happen to Veronica and Jax. Flynn has taken a much beloved fairy tale and turned it into a story that every woman can love.Veronica is a kick-butt treasure hunter and Jax, her ex-fiance is swoon-worthy. Their adventure might start at the base of the magical beanstalk, but their journey takes them farther than eithe ...more
Robin Covington
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-reads
This book is a fresh, modern take on a fairytale with the delicious twist of zombies. I love Avery Flynn's sassy.smart dialogue and the chemistry between Jax and Veronica is sizzling.

and did I mention it has zombies? Pure awesome!
Kristen
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
THEME: Zombies, Romance, and Mature
RECEIVED: Author
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
This was my first introduction to Avery Flynn’s writing and storytelling; I’m a new fan and will definitely be checking out her Layton Series. This was a quick read being only 81 pages but it was a heck of an adventure, with scary moments and chemistry between the two leads that sizzled.

Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies follows treasure hunter Veronica Kwon on her latest hunt. Being s
Melanie
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at RabidReads.com.

I met Avery Flynn at RAGT15. She is a very sweet person and super funny. I hadn’t read anything by her, but I had been planning on it since I met her. Then I saw the reviews for this series on The Geeky Book Blogger page. Since Felicia loved these books so much and she I are very similar on our reading. I thought was a great place to start.

This story is very short and sweet at only 81 pages. But it was very fun read. You have Jax and Veronica who were e
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
****CONTENT WARNING: Fans at the ready, please. Graphic sexual content bound to steam up your e-reader!****

Today's review is on Jax & the Beanstalk Zombies by Avery Flynn

I have had the pleasure of reading several books by Flynn. Temptation Creek, Seduction Creek, and Up A Dry Creek. With that being said, when she asked me if I would be interested in looking at this short, I jumped at the chance. True to Flynn's style and flair, Jax & the Beanstalk brings all the sexy without being vulgar
Bebe Knight
Review Originally Posted at Reading Until I Fall Asleep

When Avery emailed me and asked if I would be interested in reviewing her newly released book, Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies, I knew I couldn’t pass this up. What first grabbed me was, of course, the title. It’s not often you see a romance novel that include zombies. While I will admit I’m not a huge zombie/horror fan, zombies are all the rage these days and I felt I needed to jump on the band wagon somehow. The second was the description. I
Carolyn
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-it
Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies by Avery Flynn is a wonderful love story that has a treasure hunt involving Lake Erie, three treasure hunters, two gorgeous love interests, lots of sexual I-want-to-feel-it too tension for the reader, steamy sex, humor, magic, untold truths, bits and pieces of fairy tales we grew up with (i.e. the title similar to Jack and the Beanstalk). Now add the reality of how people we hold near and dear to us can use us to get something they want without regard to our welfare ...more
Romance Novels in Color
As a kid I loved fairy tales. I still do as a jaded adult. There’s nothing like a good story full of big adventure, nefarious villains and a happy ever after. When romance is thrown in and steamy sex- I’m hooked! Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies by Avery Flynn is amusing, action packed and steamy. My one complaint is I wanted more (quick read alert)! While I’m not the biggest fan of zombies this book made me reconsider that stance.

Jax and Veronica begin this tale both weighed down from their previo
Kimberly Kincaid
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Short but sexy, this novella packs a sizzling punch! A fresh, fun twist on the fairy tale we all know, Flynn puts her signature humor and heat on every page. I read this all in one sitting, and loved every word. Be prepared to steam up your e-reader!
Yvonne Taylor
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read!! Edge of your seat story...Super hot ex-fiancé, crazy mentor and treasure hunter embark on an adventure of hunting down the goose that lays the golden eggs. They had no idea the place was full of zombies.
This story was so much fun!!
Elisabeth Staab
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, clever, and fun, Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies grabbed me from the first line. Avery Flynn’s fresh new twist on this classic fairy tale will keep you guessing and leave you begging for more. This is Jack and the Beanstalk smexified, zombified, and all grown up.
Mary Jo Burke
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining premise, sharp dialogue, a befuddled old man, giggling zombies, magical gadgets, and a super hot hero add up to a fun read!
Colleen
Recent fan of Avery Flynn and I am enjoying her writing style. The storyline of this book couldn't keep my attention. I am sure there are many readers who will totally enjoy the Fairy True series but I preferred the Sweet Salvation Brewery series.
Currently reading her High-Heeled Wonder (Killer Style #1) and loving it!
Shanea
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny

Not sure what I was expecting, but the was a fun and quick read. I'm a little disappointed about the shortness. But these characters were fun and I love the play on the original nursery story. It could use a little more character development. But all in all, I liked it.
Tracy
Adventurous, Sexy Fun
Veronica Kwon doesn't live the most conventional of lives. She walked away from a controlling father and his financial empire to start her own treasure hunting business, searching for those magical and mysterious artifacts of Fairy Tale fame. Her only regret, falling in love with fellow hunter Jax Taylor, the man who broke her heart - and their engagement - three months before the wedding.

She hasn't seen or heard from him since. Or she hadn't, until she strides into her ment
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow…what a unique twist on a fairy tale every one of us already knows! As children we all read or had read to us, Jack and The Beanstalk. Poor Jack foolishly sells his cow for some magic beans and ends up with a beanstalk he climbs into the sky and finds riches….but what if that magical world were filled with zombies instead of giants? That’s where Avery Flynn comes in and weaves a tale that the child in you and the adult can both love!

Jax and Veronica have an undeniably steamy past, but after a
Kathy Altman
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
With Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies, author Avery Flynn takes a much-loved fairy tale out for a spicy, supernatural spin. The result? A story that's not only clever and creative, but flat out FUN. Smokin', too, 'cause Flynn always delivers on the sexy.

Veronica and Jax are headstrong and adventurous, two kick-butt characters with a lot of heart — and a kingdom-size blunder between them. But because they share an affinity for treasure-hunting and an ardent loyalty to an old man, neither can say no
Sapphyria
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 18+
Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies reunites a couple who had previously been engaged. After Jax walks out of Veronica's life three months before they were to be marries, she rebuilds it her way. This means no longer putting up with the demands of a manipulating father. Starting her own treasure hunting company is her way of proving that only she is in control - no one else.

When Veronica encounters Jax while meeting with her dying mentor who presents an opportunity of a lifetime, she has to push her r
Linda
I've enjoyed fairy tales since I was a child and I still enjoy a good fairy tale. This is the 1st book I've read by Avery Flynn and it certainly won't be the last!

Avery has taken a favorite fairy tale from my youth, enriched it with a fistful of fairy dust, kickass characters, sexual tension galore and, LOL, added a zombies twist which doesn't seem ludicrous whatsoever and made the story even more magical.

Veronica was left at the alter by Jax and they haven't seen each other until their mentor s
Skye Kilaen
Korean-American gal + African-American guy + second chance romance + magic + zombies. I was going to be crushed if this book wasn't fun. IT WAS FUN! Veronica Kwon and Jax Taylor are both magical treasure hunters. They were supposed to get married years ago, but Jax broke up with Veronica... by PHONE, while she was in a fitting for her wedding dress! Ouch. But neither of them can deny their elderly friend and mentor his last wish, which is to join him in a treasure-hunting trip to the top of a ma ...more
Karin
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am so not a zombie fan. It is not my usual read. But I had heard a lot about this book and decided to take a chance. So glad I did!

I really enjoyed my escape to this fantasy world. This book had so much packed into it - action, adventure, twists, and heat. It was just plain fun!!

Even though I was outside my usual genre, I was drawn in from the beginning and had to see what happened next. There were a couple of surprises. I love a book that can surprise me! I really liked all of the characters.
Susan
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
I love a good zombie story and "Jax & the Beanstalk Zombies (Fairy True #1) " goes beyond the norm with steamy sex, magic and humor that totally hooked me in from the very first page. A nice, fresh, modern take on fairy tales along with zombies that I would highly recommended. Looking forward to Fairy True #2!

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Vivian
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie, read-2014
This was a rather complete story packed into 100 pages with lots of little twists plus fun on a magic carpet. I enjoyed the writing and would definitely read something else by the author.
It's not really important to the story but I liked that Veronica is Korean-American but the only reason you know that is it was mentioned once and then there's a reference to her grandmother's kimchi. Diversity in stories is nice :)
Carlene
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
How do you make a zombie that more creepy? Tell me it giggles! That was just one of the cool tricks up Avery Flynn's writing sleeve. I really enjoyed this story. It was like a sexy, zombified trip through the enchanted kingdom. Great twists and turns. My favorite line--"...If wishes came true then mermaids would walk and evil queens would never age." Definitely recommend.
Stephanie (Purdueliz) Baassler
What a fun, fresh take on Jack and the Beanstalk! Veronica is a treasure hunter, but not just ordinary treasure, fairytale treasure. So when she's offered a chance to seek treasure in the land of giants at the top of the beanstalk, she takes it. Even when it means partnering with her ex-fiance, Jax. What follows is a fresh, fun tale full of surprises and love redeemed.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Laugh-out-loud hilarious. It has giggling zombies, a fetching goose, and betrayal. I thought it was well-paced with it's 100-ish page length.

"Don't drool on my boobs. It's not polite."
Lisa Dess
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is awesome!! I was glued to the pages right from the start. The characters, Veronica and Jax, are amazing. Veronica is sassy and determined and Jax is quite similar. This story is unique and entertaining. I mean, who doesn't want to do it on a magic carpet?
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Book needs new description 3 16 Feb 19, 2015 10:28AM

Fairy True (2 books)
  • Big, Bad Red (Fairy True #2)