Start by marking “Just Breathe (Breathe, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just Breathe (Breathe, #1)

Just Breathe

(Breathe #1)

For Savannah Rae, living life without her parents was unimaginable. But being blamed for her first love’s suicide? That destroyed every part of who she was.

Gone were the days of innocence, happiness, and dreams. Now her days simply meant attempting to survive. In her mind, her only means for that was replacing her grief with men, booze and the fast life. And for five year
Published July 3rd 2013 by Rachel Brookes

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
"No matter what life you are handed, whatever you are dealt, whatever struggles you may face, please remember to just breathe"

Savannah leave Australia to move to LA for a second chance. A new beginning.
Away from the monsters of her past, the loss of her parents and the hurt of her ex boyfriends parents blaming her for suicide of their son. All Savannah has are her memories and her fathers words..

Savannah has no one, no family, no one who loves her except Mr Davenport, a family friend of her fath
Tessa Teevan
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
description

description

I'm going to make mine short and sweet. To put it simply I adored this book! Savannah is my favorite type of female character. She's independent, kickass, sarcastic, and feisty as hell! I want her to be my bff so hard. She's not afraid to tell it like it is, and if you mess with her, you're gonna get your ass kicked. At the same time she's also damaged, broken, and is definitely not looking for love.

Enter Tate Connors. Ladies, dust off that book boyfriend shelf. There's a new addition that you
Elizabeth Lee
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love a heroine who isn't afraid to speak her mind and Savannah is exactly that! She's fierce and fun and, yeah, damaged, but I still love her. Tate is everything you ever wanted in a book boyfriend -- hot, brooding, protective. You won't be disappointed by these two and their fireworks!

Miss Brookes did a terrific job and this is just her debut! Can't wait to see what else she has up her sleeve! :-)
Glenna Maynard
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I feel so conflicted, one minute I want to smack Tate and the next I could runaway with him. Rachel Brookes has written a fantastic story. I don't want to post spoilers. So I will say that I loved the dynamic between the group of friends. I am curious to see what will take place in the next book. I feel like I am left at the calm before the storm. I loved that Sav stayed true to her Aussie roots in her dialect. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Khanique McDaniel
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
So let me just start off by saying how incredibly pissed I am that this book left me with a sense of unease, uncertainty and annoyance!!! I knew before going in that this novel had a part 2, but due to the ending and situations surrounding her departure, I must say I will be royally pissed if this novel starts back and things have gone south and her heart is broken again, because she doesn't deserve it and it's not fair! Why couldn't Ms. Brookes just choose a different character for book 2 ... s ...more
Jessica's Book Review
Just Breathe tells the story of 22 year-old Savannah. Savannah has been through a lot. She lost her loving parents when she was 10 years-old in a car accident, her high school sweetheart cheated on her and then committed suicide blaming her for his actions. Since then Savannah is afraid to get close to anyone, she justifies her past with sleeping around from guy to guy not doing the “relationship thing”.

Savannah moves from Australia to Los Angeles where no one knows her as the “slut” or the girl
Love, Holly Xx
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
********ARC received in exchange for an honest review********

Life is going to be tough, my beautiful girl. Life will throw you curveballs. Life may try and destroy you, but what matters most is that life will also be beautiful, astonishing, overwhelming and adventurous. It's yours to live.

Where to start with this book?? How about... Oh my freakin' God, I am completely and abso-friggin-lutely, 100% totally and utterly in love with Tate Connors!!! Seriously, he barged his way in to my heart and he
Bethan Cooper
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just Breathe..

Well what can I say? What a story! I've had the chance to Beta this, and i'm so happy Rachel wanted me to! Tate and Savannah. Well hello new book boyfriend ;) Mr Tate Connors is such a (place word here) to begin with, but reading deeper into this story we find a lust that needed to be discovered. I fell into this story pretty fast, me and Rachel spoke over twitter for a little while before I even discovered she was writing a story. When I could out I was like WHAT? WHY YOU NOT TELL
Bree
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From The moment I started this book I couldn't put it down, I was engrossed, consumed by the story of Sav and Tate (would like it to be noted that there is a new book boyfriend around - Tate Connors OMG!).

The story captures you from the first sentence, and holds you there for the rest if the book. Written with a certain pazazz, the author has created a family of wonderful characters, that will make you laugh, cry and want to punch your pillow!

If you like angsty, modern, emotion charged romance
Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
*Copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. See future reviews for Breathless Blog Tour coming up in December 2013.*

”Life is going to be tough, my beautiful girl. Life will throw you curveballs. Life may try and destroy you, but what matters most is that life will also be beautiful, astonishing, overwhelming, and adventurous. It’s yours to live.”

Savannah Rae… The person character with witty humor, don’t –give-a-fk attitude and super sexy body. After losing her parents
Andrea
***ARC received for an honest review***

A very worthy 5 stars for Rachel Brookes' debut novel, Just Breathe.

You know how everyone has their favourite character in "Friends" but you still have a soft spot for them all? Well, that's how I felt about the characters in Just Breathe.
I fell in love with them all but my favourite has to be Savannah Rae's hot and sexy guardian, Mr. Davenport!!

Tate Connors - I really didn't want to like him as he was such an a**e to Sav quite a lot, but as I continued re
Jodie Ellis
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!
Really.
That's all there is to it.
Loved it.

Tate and Sav... *sigh* *swoon*

I love that this book was NOT about a flawless romance with a perfect knight in shining armor guy and whiny virgin. Tate and Sav are flawed, they are both broken. Together, they seem to piece themselves slowly back together.

Not only did I fall in love with Tate and Sav, but with all the supporting characters as well. I felt like I was there with all of them through the whole story.

Oh and did I mention th
Sarah-Jane
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I certainly fell for the 'Connor Tate Effect' this book kicks ass!! I'm not going to say too much accept buy this book it's awesome... Savannah is one sassy chick who isn't afraid too speak her mind...
Tate... He is lickable ;)

Catch my full review on the blog website next week, in the mine time go along and like our Facebook page. For book recs, cover reveals, and give aways. http://facebook.com/MakeMyDayBookclub
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
The book was good, until it became way too cliche.. It's pretty sad, because i really wanted to love this book. The characters were so enjoyable in the beginning and then it became all sobby and they became weak, in a way. I think this book had too much.. love, for my liking. I'm not sure if i will continue with this series, or if i'll just read the spoilers :P

Rate: 3/2 stars.
Taylor
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing. I loved every page. Tate and Savannah are now two of my favorite couples. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter and sexier book!! Can't wait to start the next book!! More Tate the better! (;
Leah Isakson
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!! Simply amazing!! I absolutely loved this story!! Rachel seems so sweet and is so interactive with her fan girls :) I just love that and this story of Sav and Tate. Highly recommend.
Sammy ⭐️
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 4-star
4 - 4.5 really liked this one but really want book 2 now
Z. Elizabeth
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“Yes, I don’t own you, Savannah, but you know what? You fucking own me. You have since the first time I met you…”

I’ve known Rachel for a few months now, and I have been utterly peeing my pants over wanting to read Just Breathe, I even made her send me small teasers – okay, that’s a lie, she voluntarily sent me teasers in a DM during the countdown to me getting an ARC of Just Breathe. I’m such a lucky girly! I got more Tate ;)

I’m not sure if I should be telling you this but blah…a few days befo
The Three Bookateers
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
This review was taken from our book blog The Three Bookateers

Just Breathe follows along the journey of a smart, sarcastic and sassy Australian, Savannah Rae and the cocky, yet devastatingly handsome infamous playboy American hunk, Tate Connors.

First off, I will openly admit that, I think I am a hilarious human being, I see everything in GIFS and as soon as I read the moment that Savannah and Tate locked eyes, I legitimately pictured something like this happening:

It was a holy-shit-my-life-just
Laura (Blame it on the Rain Reviews)
Tracy W (Tracy&HelensRomanceBlog)
Re reviewing after re reading!!!

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING IN EVERYWAY!!!

Now where do I start with my updated review.....god I love this book, this book touches you so much and just from the prologue you know how much you are going to love it.....

Oh my word Tate Connors....what I wouldn't give to be affected by the Tate Connors affect.....he is without a doubt heartbreakingly Hot, gorgeous, bossy, arrogant and just damm right beautiful.....Savannah is a sassy Australian who is about to knock Tate's wo
Seeking Book Boyfriends
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read this review on Seeking Book Boyfriends

Review written by Sylvia

Book Description:

This is a New Adult Contemporary Romance novel recommended for readers over the age of 17 due to strong language and sexual themes.

Abigail Brown
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jill
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romances, series
Review and rating to come...I need to think about what I just read before I give it any ratings...

Okay, after letting it marinate some, I am going with 3.5 stars.

For a début novel, this book was very well done. The dialogue in the middle of the book was a little too feminine and really could have used some help from a masculine viewpoint, but overall pretty solid still. I must admit, that as a hero, I did not love Tate. He was too whiny and too alpha in the wrong ways. He was extremely immature
Derna
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
****I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***

“No matter what life you are handed, whatever you are dealt, whatever struggles you may face, please remember to just breathe. Just breathe Savannah, because that's all you need.” ~ Prologue ~ Savannah’s Dad
Savannah Rae has had some tragedies in her lifetime and has built up walls to protect herself so that she doesn't get emotionally hurt again. As a result, Sav doesn’t do relationship; she likes to party, dri
Fiction And Fashion Book Blog
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

**ARC received for an honest review**

Let's start by saying how freaking adorable this prologue is. Without evening knowing who Savannah is you have so much love and hope for her. You just know that she is going to be a remarkable because of the love and admiration her Father writes about in his letter. I was SO excited to meet Savannah Rae....

"Life is going to be tough, my beautiful girl. Life will throw you curveballs. Life may try and destroy you, but what matters most is that life wi
Allura  Teacups&Bookends Blog
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
*I received an eARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Dear God...this book. Besides being a freaking whirlwind it was so much fun! God, I love Savannah with all my heart. She is definitely my ideal main character. She's smart, sassy, and stubborn as all hell. Honestly, I think I love her so much because her and I are so much alike. Savannah is a girl who speaks her mind and goes after what she wants. Even though her past often threatens to consume her, she was never o
Mary Tatar
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Just Breathe by Rachel Brookes is my absolute favorite book I have read so far this month. Maybe even all of last month too. No I take that back it is up there on my list of favorite books this year. Not only could I not put it down I also couldn't get enough of the amazing characters. I'm pretty sure that Tate has filled the position for my next book boyfriend. He has the exact qualities I am looking for a tortured soul looking to break free from his past. I loved him more than I could ever put
Sam
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was the first book I read from this genre! Since then.....there has been no going back!
So for this Rachel.... I give you my heart ❤

This book did something to me deep inside and captured so many emotions! I fell in love with Rachel's style of writing! The characters are the kind that will always stay in your head and its a plot that you always will remember!

Savannah is the sexy, sassy, Australian siren who has more sass than the highest pair of Christian Louboutins! Seriously, this girl is
Bianca
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
* I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

What a stunning debut from Rachel Brookes, she must of gotten the memo because she got the formula so right! I'm just preparing you ladies, this book comes with the 'Tate Connors Effect' and it's mind blowing.

Taking a seat on the floor in front of me, Tate looked up at me with eyes of unadulterated intention and it was then that I was able to see just how truly and devastatingly beautiful his eyes were. Eyes that were the bluest of blues were
Free Book Giveaway: 2 eBook *Giveaway* (ends 8/8) 1 12 Aug 05, 2013 09:33AM
Making Connections: 2 eBook *Giveaway* (ends 8/8) 1 8 Aug 05, 2013 09:32AM
Book Giveaways: 2 ebook Giveaway (Ends 8/8) 1 7 Aug 03, 2013 07:18PM
Advanced Copies f...: 2 ebook Giveaway (Ends 8/8) 1 11 Aug 03, 2013 07:17PM
  • April Showers (April, #1)
  • I Surrender (I Surrender #1)
  • Just Human (Just Human, #1)
  • Down by the Water
  • Today Only
  • Love Like Fireworks (Love Like Fireworks, #1)
  • Right There with You (With You, #1)
  • Finding You (Finding, #1)
  • Forever and Always
  • Girl in Love (Kylie Ryans, #3)
  • I Breathe You
  • Not at First (Not at First, #1)
  • Love Square (Love Square, #1)
  • Becoming More
  • Beautiful Failure (Beautiful, #1)
  • Escaping Me (Escaping, #1)
  • Luck of Love (Luck, #1)
  • Risk (Risk, #1)
Rachel Brookes is from the east coast of Australia and writes angst ridden love stories with a pinch of craziness, a dash of drama, a cup of romance, and a bucketload of sexiness. With five novels currently published, she is constantly writing and getting ready to release her next hero and heroine into the world. An avid reader, Rachel can often be found with her kindle in her hand, and getting lo ...more

Breathe (2 books)
  • Breathe Again (Breathe, #2)