Start by marking “Sensation (Kid Sensation, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sensation (Kid Sensation, #1)

Sensation

(Kid Sensation #1)

Like millions of other kids, Jim grew up wanting to be a superhero. Unlike most of his contemporaries, however, Jim actually had the goods: a plethora of super powers that would have been the envy of any meta on the planet. But when his tryout with the Alpha League - the world's premiere group of supers - goes disastrously wrong, Jim basically becomes an outcast.

Two years
Published May 3rd 2013 by I&H Recherche Publishing

Start your review of Sensation (Kid Sensation, #1)
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
When Jim, otherwise known as the ‘Kid’, tried out for the superhero league, he didn’t expect to become a fugitive. Now on the run, Jim uses his myriad of superpowers to stay anonymous while still being a good guy. When the forces of evil deign to track him down for their own nefarious ends, Jim is caught between the struggle of good and evil and must face temptation, broken alliances, and blossoming romance.

Sensation was a genuine surprise to me. I generally don’t read male POV (I do make a few
Montzalee Wittmann
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sensation
By: Kevin Hardman
Narrated by: Mikael Naramore
Most superhero stories seem to come across pretty cheesy but this one is a real winner! I got hooked right away! Plenty of action that was exciting and some was just down right funny! I loved the unique characters and the twists that crept up unexpectedly. A great world the author has built here. I definitely want to continue this series!
The narration is fantastic! All the voices unique and special. Great job!
Gavin
May 07, 2020 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable YA superhero tale. It was nothing special but was entertaining enough and mixed in some fun superpowers with an action orientated plot.

It was the tale of 16 year old Kid Sensation, a multi-powered superhero, as he sought to try out for the superhero teams for the second time. The first time ended in a spectacular disaster!

It was a decent enough story. Kid Sensation was a little bland but he was likeable and easy enough to root for since he was actually a real hero! The is
Gary
Jun 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Not a bad story line and premise but lacking depth to the characters 3 stars
Leah
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received a free copy for a review. Damn good program!

Sensation by Kevin Hardman was pretty darn decent. At first, I was extremely hesitant, especially when the Wanted poster of Kid Sensation (the protagonist) came to light. He had so many abilities, I was afraid the book was going to be about this over the top hero, with no faults, and just an extremely predictable plot.

A lot of this story was predictable, and normally that would annoy me. From (view spoiler)
Lana Mason
Nov 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
I love comic books, super heroes and villains fighting against one another in a perpetual struggle. I love conflicted heroes and vigilantes, who struggle against their inner darkness. I love villains who do what they do because they don't consider themselves the villains, but the heroes in their own stories. I practically learned to read from comic books. That's why this book was such a disappointment to me.

It may have gone a different way had I not loathed the main character so much. From almo
Roger Royer
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, e-book, sci-fi
Let me just say that I wish more novels where written in this genre. I love my comic books but novels will always be my first love and there was a series of short story collections I read back in the 1990's that had super heroes in them and I loved them. The stories where by some of the best authors of the time and I would like to say that this one could have been included among them. The story is well paced and detailed enough that you get the idea of the world very fast. The idea of super bein ...more
NotAnotherJenn
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Two years ago Kid Sensation (Jim) had a disastrous tryout for the Alpha League, the world's premier super hero team. He's spent the last two years working as bounty hunter Mohawk and trying to develop and hone his abilities. He quickly gets pulled into a plot involving a mysterious group of evil-doers who are trying to take down the league and rule the world.

I thoroughly enjoyed the novel. I thought Jim was a likely kid who stuck by his principles and generally tried to do the right thing. He ha
Michael Chatfield
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cool, just, damn cool! Yes he has a lot of powers, and yes he's still being something of a pain about not having all of them, makes sense as people always want what they don't have.
I like him being cocky, because it's a good defense from the crap in the world.
Up there in my meta books, fun read, looking to getting the other books!
Heather Hayden
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't often stumble upon a good superhero novel, but this one had all the one points for me--sympathetic hero, interesting setting, and a cliche in just the right way plot. After a disastrous tryout for the Alpha League, Jim plays superhero in the shadows. But he's not a vigilante--he has his grandfather and a powerful superintelligence called BT helping him capture and turn in supervillains secretly. It's only when trouble really begins to rise that he realizes he'll have to embrace who he is ...more
Sabrina
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a world where super powers are not quite as uncommon as our world, it is a cool mix of YA and superman.
Jim is a normal teenage boy with all the usual teen issues to deal with, along with something extra, he seems to have more superpowers than all the other heroes put together and this doesn't make his life any easier.
I really enjoyed this book and didn't want to stop listening, unfortunately life got in the way and I had to take 2 sittings to finish the book.
Curly's  Ramblings
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this audiobook. Interesting characters, storyline, & plot. This story is packed with action from the start with surprising twists, interesting villains, treachery, & intriguing situations. The story would likely appeal to teens, young adults, or fans of superheroes.
Michelle
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Loved it! Can't wait to jump into the next adventure of Kid Sensation! ...more
Justin
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: free-to-review
Not my normal type of book but I enjoyed it
Cmoore
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So it's been a couple of years and I realized I've never updated the info for this book... and, unfortunately I never posted a review... I guess, I'll just have to listen to the book again! ...more
Ben Langdon
Mar 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Sensation, Kevin Hardman (I&H Recherche Publishing)

playing with new toys
a cast of thousands, bright sparks
aim too big, you miss

The first Kid Sensation book shows the author’s roots: the writing is okay but can’t really contain all of the ideas he has. The influences from comics are rich, but again, there are too many. Hardman has obviously spent a long time setting up the world, and with his expansive series available out there, I guess he does have a lot of material for his hero and the univers
S. Thomas
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kevin Hardman brings the often explored genre of superheroes into the world of novels and delivers a fast paced adventure with good storytelling in Sensation. Jim is a sixteen year old boy who has put off learning to drive, doesn’t have many friends, and deals with anger issues. What sets him apart from many who share those traits is that Jim has developed nearly every super power in the book!

I received a free copy of the audiobook initiated by my request, and I’m glad I sought it out! I used t
BookLoversLife
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How have I not heard of this before!! This book was so much fun and even though it's only about 5 and a half hours long, it's chock full of action, adventure and super powers!!

Jim was such an amazing hero. He has multiple powers, and more arriving every day, which prompts him to try out for the Alpha League. While some of his powers are useless, he still hopes to become a member of the greatest superheroes ever. It's during his try outs that things start to go badly wrong and Jim finds himself
Jonathan
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy in return for a honest review.This is the fourth superhero novel that I have read.So far it has been the best so far out of those four books(by different authors). It would be a dream to have as many powers as Kid Sensation.I enjoyed it from start to finish and have since got other books in the series.I highly recommend to anyone interested in superheroes.
Ceilidh
A good, quick read if you're looking for an action book. The sheer number of names (Jim's included) kept throwing me off balance. Otherwise, I totally recommend! I enjoyed it a lot because, although about teens, there is no cursing. ...more
Carrie
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I didn't notice how short this was when I picked it up, but it was fun! I kept picturing the movie Sky High which I also liked. ...more
Milan
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Easy to read and entertaining but quite obvious in some aspects. All in all a fun relaxing read.
Susan
This was a very fun quick read. It’s reminds me of both Phipps’s Supervillainy series and of the modern TV show, The Flash. The Kid (aka Jim) is coming of age and he’s got all these powers. He’s living with his mom and his grandpa in a world where many people have some kind of super power. If you have one of these powers (or even more than one) you still have to pay rent. So many embellished humans work 8-5 jobs and generally have basic, boring lives.

Then there’s the academy, and it has tryouts.
Sam Koumi
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
[Note of disclosure: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review, but I'll stay as unaffected as possible]

Sensation, book one in the Kid Sensation series by Kevin Hardman, narrated by Mikael Naramore, is my first experience reading a super hero novel, and it certainly made a good first impression.

Personally, I prefer stories with more morally questionable heroes, such as anti-heroes, so this story didn't take to my tastes 100% and had some of the same problems as Superman does
Emily Pennington
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Jim grew up wanting to be a superhero. And the fact is, he could easily accomplish that feat since superpowers kept manifesting in him – so far, all but the one of super-strength that he really was hoping for. His current role was to bring in criminals for the police. This time, however, he saw a “Wanted Poster” from the Alpha League looking for Kid Sensation – which was Jim’s superhero name. He pointed out that Kid Sensation was not a criminal and had done nothing wrong. He felt the picture sho ...more
Norma
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
( Format : Audiobook )
""This is Kid Sensation.""
Meet John Indigo Morrison Carro, more usually known as Jim, a sixteen years old, normal teenager, well, almost normal. He does have a few abilities not usually found in the everyday teenager - like telekinesis, shape shifting, teleportation and being able to fly - plus a few other handy little attributes. But he is lonely, without a father, rejected by the League and there is a group of six Masters out to get him.

This is a nicely written, lightwei
Jim Hessin
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great superhero novel to kick off a great superhero series. This series centers around a teenage super hero with a wide range of abilities (just about everything save for super strength). I believe the best things about this series are it's avoidance of foul language that seems to permeate the super hero genre today as well as the creativity behind the characters, and how they resolve conflicts.

Often times when reading a book you will say to yourself "Stupid character why don't you just do thi
Wyatt Smith
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firstly, Mikael Narramore does a great job narrating the book. Its easy to follow and tell characters apart.

This is a young adult superhero novel and I'm not in the young adult market. Surprisingly this book wasn't as bad as some YA books can be with all the teenager angst, rebellion, idiotic behaviour, etc. As a matter of fact the main character was quite mature, which might have endeared me to the book more.

The plot line is that Kid Sensation has almost every super power (except super strength
Scott
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hardmans portrayal of a world where superheroes are common and Teen superheroes all try to make a superhero team is great idea.
The usual fight against evil is present and he typical angst of hiding your secret identity against the world is not unusual, however multiple superhero powers are not infrequent and this raises a lot of hardmans story above the usual.
The hero in this case Kid Sensation (Jim) is without a father but has great help and training from his Grandfather and Mother both holder
Beverly Laude
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very different type of book than I usually read or listen to, but I was pleased to find out that I really enjoyed it.

Kid Sensation is a teenaged superhero, wanted by one and all for his supposed crimes. This book combines the angst that comes from being a teenager with the superhero genre. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys superhero stories, as well as those that just enjoy an entertaining book.

Kid has a lot of the usual teenaged problems, including being raised by his
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Caped (The Omega Superhero, #1)
  • Meta (Meta, #1)
  • The Rise of Renegade X (Renegade X, #1)
  • Trials (The Omega Superhero #2)
  • The Second Super (The First Superhero, #1)
  • The Second Wave (Meta, #2)
  • Age of Heroes (The Pantheon Saga, #1)
  • Monsters Among Men (The Pantheon Saga, #2)
  • Sentinels (The Omega Superhero #3)
  • Generation Next (The Pantheon Saga, #3)
  • Absolute Power (The Pantheon Saga, #5)
  • The Outlaw: Origins (The Outlaw, #1)
  • Gods of Wrath  (The Pantheon Saga, #4)
  • Sidekicks (Superpower Chronicles #1)
  • Rise of The Circle (Meta, #3)
  • The Dungeon Destroyer (The Dungeon Slayer #2)
  • The Trials of Renegade X (Renegade X, #2)
  • Rogues (The Omega Superhero #4)

Kid Sensation (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Mutation (Kid Sensation, #2)
  • Infiltration (Kid Sensation, #3)
  • Revelation (Kid Sensation, #4)
  • Coronation (Kid Sensation, #5)
  • Amped (Kid Sensation, #5.5)
  • Replication (Kid Sensation, #6)
  • Incarnation (Kid Sensation, #7)
  • Isolation (Kid Sensation, #8)
  • Conjuration (Kid Sensation, #9)
  • Mouse's Tale: An Alpha League Supers Novel