Start by marking “The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)

The Forever Song (Blood of Eden #3)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  16,961 Ratings  ·  1,994 Reviews
Vengeance will be hers.

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster? With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

Monster.

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions - her crea
Hardcover, US, 393 pages
Published April 15th 2014 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Forever Song, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Esmeralda
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,428 books — 15,778 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,547 books — 9,121 voters

More lists with this book...

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
**Spoilers for book 2, minor spoilers for book 3**
“Say you love me, vampire girl,” he whispered, his voice low and husky. “Tell me...that this is forever.”
“I love you,” I said immediately. “And if we have forever, there’s no one else I want to spend it with.”
That sad, sad moment when your favorite YA vampire series turns into a soap opera.

This book broke my heart in a way that hasn't happened since Ginny x Harry. I absolutely loved the previous books in this series, despite the main character'
Lucille
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
AFTER READING: I need a hug. I need lots of hugs. I can't believe it's over now. The ending was beautiful and bittersweet. I cannot wait to fangirl with you all.

Allison, Zeke, Jackal, and Kanin... You will be missed. I cried so much. I will reread this series every time I'm sad, I swear.

****************

Updated: 2014 April 9th, less than a week before the release!! Who's excited?? I know I am!

The door loomed dead ahead, and I didn't stop.  I didn't pause to reconsider my plan.  Whether I was w
Emily May
May 08, 2013 rated it liked it
"So, this is me, all of me, forever. No more looking back. No more regrets. From now on, vampire girl--" he lowered his head, brushing his lips across my skin "--I'm all yours."

I promise no spoilers for this book but it would be impossible to review The Forever Song without giving away some things from the previous books. In my opinion, this final installment is the weakest. I thought the second book was a hard one to follow, so maybe that fact contributed, but I would have very few good thing
Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩
After reading:

NOOOO IT'S OVER, NOOOOOOoooo.

Well, I am sad to see this series come to an end. I really enjoyed it.

The Forever Song is a good conclusion to the trilogy, over all––as thrilling, action-packed, and emotional as the two books that preceded it. There were a few things that didn't quite work for me, and I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the ending ... But over all, it was worth the wait.

Full review coming soon!

Before reading:

The Forever Song?

THIS IS THE SONG THAT NEVER ENDS, Y
Calla
Oh the title is perfect... *sigh*

Zeke baby! And Allison, you gorgeous badass. I love you too much to wait.

I. Just. Can't.

Ms. Kagawa I believe you are trying to kill me, but I love you anyway because you're so crazy awesome.

But dammit I NEED THAT BOOK MISSY!!!!!!!!!

Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

“I am proud of you, Allison Sekemoto,” he whispered “Whatever you decide, whatever path you choose to take, I hope that you will remain the same girl I met that night in the rain. The one decision for which I have no regrets.”

description

It is always difficult to start a review when you have so many feelings about a book, especially in a trilogy or saga, but I think at the same time or at least in my case, I can express better my opinions and so I can calm down myself a little too lol .

We can see a very di
Ferdy
Spoilers

An unremarkable end to an unremarkable series.

-The Forever Song mostly consisted of Allison walking, snarling, feeling sorry for herself, baring her fangs, making cheesy promises of revenge, and inner monologuing… And the rest of the story was made up of generic fight scenes.

-I hated Allison's character, she was such a crappy heroine. It pissed me off how her whole world revolved around a guy. She lost all her morals and turned into a heartless cow all because she thought she lost her l
Dorreh
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
The last book in this series was great. It followed up on all the elements and gruesome details that enchanted me so very much in the first book. The element of surprise and change that occurred in the love relationship, although foreseeable, was amply believable and well portrayed.

I can't really complain because I did love everything about this book, and I think it ended well. Kanins death was a necessary evil to heighten the drama, a symbolic representation of sacrifice for the greater good.
Lisa RC
May 26, 2013 marked it as to-read
January 2014 Update
That cover... a little too girly for me. Anyone else see the infinity sign the birds make? HAHA. GET IT? FOREVER made by birds = song. Cool stuff.

The Forever Song
I can't help but think:
Crazy Sarren thinks song = scream. So forever song = everlasting torture.
But then again, the title is so darn beautiful, I'm crying just reading it.

Let's start with why I love this series:
Everytime I read a Blood of Eden novel, all I think is grey. The setting is so dark and dreary and
Arooj
I just finished this and...I feel numb. I can't believe its all actually over. The story has come to an end.

But what a wonderful end it was.

This series...oh man. I can't properly express my feelings for it. Just saying that I loved it isn't enough. It felt like this story reached into me and tore out my heart, patched it back together, tore it out all over again, and just kept repeating. But in the end, it left me feeling satisfied, even though we still lost a lot.

I'm unable to write anything el
Faye, la Patata
Nov 29, 2013 rated it liked it
RANT AHEAD

As much as I liked this series as a whole, I could not be any happier that Allison's whining has ended. I know that looks very, very weird on paper, but if you read the books from start to finish, you should know that angst is pretty much the main character's trademark. You cannot have the name Allison Sekemoto without angst attached to it like an octopus with its brutal eight-tentacled crush (thank you, Khanh). They go together, hand-in-hand, never without the other.

But seriously,
Hannah (The Curiouser & Curiouser)
Updated 5/17/14.

One word.

Jackal.

I just freakin’ love Jackal.

Honestly, the only, only reason I gave this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars was because of Jackal and (somewhat) Kanin. And the fact that Sarren finally, finally dies in the best possible way.

Case in point (via the amazing Jackal):

“Oh, isn’t that sweet,” came Jackal’s loud, mocking voice… “Let’s make goo-goo eyes at each other in the middle of a stinking corpse field, how very romantic.”

“Go ahead, tell him that everything is going to be fine.
Alice
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 “Now, can we please move past this and get on with saving the world?” stars
This is it. The end of Blood of Eden. The end of Allie. Kanin. Zeke. Jackal.
I put this off for so long, because I knew, I knew. There would be no more. And now, I can’t take it back. Pretty please can I unread this? ;_;

Allie has lost the love of her life, Zeke. He was taken, and brutally murdered. Allie is out for revenge for his captor, but this isn't her greatest worry. Sarren has a mutated version of red lung. It
Penny
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rating Clarification: 3.5 stars

This series is definitely a MUST READ. These books are constant page turners, gripping, enthralling and exhilarating.

Personally, I think that this third installment had too much action and no down time. Part of what made me love the first installment so much is that it had the perfect combination of both action and narrative, the action is perfectly fine , but the down time makes that action better, gives it more tension and also with the slow moments we can have
Mags~CVAddikt~
I loved it!!!!!

************************

A title!!!

The Forever Song ... and that gives me the creeps ... all I can think about is Sarren saying

"I will make your little bird sing for and hour. Her song will seep into the very walls and will remain here forever, and everyone who hears it will know how much she wanted to die. The longer this goes on, the longer her music will last, until she is begging for it to end. But it will not end, as long as you are still alive."

And ....

"But perhaps a song
Phrynne
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it
The last book in the trilogy and I guess it was a satisfactory ending. All of the story lines were neatly tied up except maybe for Jackal and there is apparently the possibility that he may get his own spin off series which would be nice!
Jackal was actually the best thing about this book. His sarcastic and humorous comments provided some lightness to an otherwise very heavy story. There was a lot of fighting and also a lot of angst about how hungry everyone was and whether a vampire had to be a
Anne
If you've been following these books, then I think you'll be happy with the final installment. It's a good solid ending to the Blood of Eden trilogy.

Warning: Spoilers for the previous books on the way!

It keeps the theme of the other books, in that vampires are not cuddly or misunderstood.
Allie has been struggling to keep her humanity throughout the first two books, and with the help of her mentor Kanin, she's managed to keep from sucking people dry. Of course, it helped that she was in love with
Melanie
Larissa and I discussion reviewed this on the blog. There are mild spoilers, but nothing that will ruin your enjoyment of the book: http://yamidnightreads.com/2014/04/di...

Quick rundown on...
What we didn't like:
- The angst between Zeke and Allison
- Zeke and Allison
- Boring, simple story line
- The Zeke Twist and how quickly the twist was resolved
- The romance. There was no chemistry.
What we did like:
- Jackal
- Kanin
- Kagawa's writing skills
- The gore and gritty details
- The satisfactory ending
Colleen Houck
What a great end to the series. Serin is just about the creepiest villain I've ever read. He was like Walking Dead evil. So much katana sword fighting! Wow, this one would be great to watch on film.
Reading Teen
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such an epic conclusion to an amazingly exciting series.

"My sword flashed, and he screamed as the gun hit the pavement along with both his arms."

Julie starts The Forever Song off with a bang and doesn't let up until it's over. This book is seriously gory!! It's also full of adventure, humor, love, heart-warming moments, and heart-BREAKING moments.

DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST TWO BOOKS!!

I have to say, I was VERY concerned for Allison in the beginning of this book. After wh
Hermione
4 stars. A great, albeit bittersweet ending to a fantastic series ... But I do think this last book certainly didn't live up to the potential of its predecessors.
_______
(view spoiler)
Rachel
May 06, 2013 marked it as to-read
reaction after reading excerpt at back of Iron Traitor

I'm very hungry... for this book.

Spoiler alert for The Eternity cure:

Just finished re-reading the end of The Eternity Cure. The amazing ending that leaves so much sorrow, so much emotion. Does anyone else predict that Sarren was horrible enough to turn Zeke into a vampire?
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
*Spoilers for The Immortal Rules & The Eternity Cure*

The Forever Song was an epic conclusion to the Blood of Eden trilogy!  It was filled to the brim with devastation, peril, hope, and I cherished every single page.   Even if I had tears in my eyes through parts of those last few chapters.  But I didn't want it to end since it contained so much of what I loved in the first two books.  Luckily, I know that this series will continue to infiltrate my thoughts for a long time to come.
Humans mea
Erica Ravenclaw
☆ ☆ ☆

I'm really going 3.5 here but rounded up because I feel like it. YOU DON'T OWN ME GOODREADS.
EDIT: Changed rating down half a star, it's been a few days and it's just more accurate.

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

*I received this book in exchange for a review*

photo anigif_enhanced-8656-1394726651-2_zpse89c0ff5.gif

The Forever Song is a closing chapter on a much loved series Blood of Eden, I was a little late to the party for this author and walked into it blind but boy am I happy to be here. I do not necessarily love the first two i
Auguste
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lalalaaa, can't wait to read the 3rd book!^^
Suddenly..

Wait, wait...

2014 APRIL 29TH??!!?!???!?!?!!

Try not to cry.. try not to cry.... BUT

HOW AM I GONNA SURVIVE??!!!
Ali (Readaholic ∞)
"Go ahead, tell him that everything is going to be fine. All the meatsacks are perfectly content on their happy little island, Sarren has given up world destruction to raise kittens, and the magic wish fairy will wave her want and turn shit to gold."

First things first, I still love Jackal, even though he's an asshole at times. And I was amazed with the ending of this book and series. But that's about it.

I was actually quite disappointed with this book. I felt like there was to much whining and
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
After reading this book, all I can think of is: Jackal, that crazy bastard, is sexy as hell. Why am I always attracted to the bad boys? *sighs*
Kira Simion
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Guess who just got this book from the library ? :D

*points* This gal! *Tears of joy*

Please let Jackal not die. And please let them both kick some butt! *^* *crosses fingers*

The first book was good, the second was really great, so I have some hope for the third one. :3

Edit: (To be reviewed as best I can)

Edit: (7-7-16) (btw you need to read these books in order. There are some series that can be read out of order but, this is not one of them.)

I don't know how to explain how great this trilog
Kristalia
Final rating: 3.5/5 stars

“You know it’s the end of the world when Jackal starts making sense,” he whispered. “It’s...pretty bad when the egotistical murdering vampire has to set you straight. I guess I had that kick in the head coming for a while. At least Jackal is good for something.”

You know something is wrong when my favorite character in this book is Jackal. To be honest, I couldn't wait to read this book at first, but now, after i read it, i felt even more disappointed.

The biggest pro
Bonnie
My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars
I received this book free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Another series ender that has unfortunately ended in disappointment for me this year. I found The Forever Song to be, for the most part, incredibly lacking in any sort of plot progress. Basically, there was walking, walking, then they’d fight some rabids, walking, walking, oooh let’s stop to feed on some humans, fight some mor
zeke, dead, alive, or vamped (turned)? 15 177 Dec 04, 2017 12:31PM
Julie Kagawa Fans: Kanin 1 15 Aug 16, 2016 01:35PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa - Restarting June 11th 2015 62 106 Jun 23, 2015 12:09AM
David Estes Fans ...: The Forever Song Buddy Read 27 24 Apr 14, 2015 02:54PM
The Blood of Eden: Were you shocked at all??? 6 39 Apr 12, 2015 03:21AM
Zeke's letter to Allie? 5 67 Feb 05, 2015 12:26AM
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • The Lair (The Farm, #2)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
  • After Daybreak (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #3)
  • Lark Ascending (Skylark, #3)
  • Odyssey (The Vampire Destiny Series Companion, #1)
  • Evertrue (Everneath, #3)
  • Shimmer (The Rephaim, #3)
  • The Dark World (Dark World, #1)
  • Shift (The Protector, #2)
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • The Offering (The Pledge, #3)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Deliverance (Defiance, #3)
  • Evernight (Night Watchmen, #2)
  • Infinite (Newsoul, #3)

Blood of Eden (3 books)
  • The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
“I am proud of you, Allison Sekemoto,” he whispered as he drew back. “Whatever you decide, whatever path you choose to take, I hope that you will remain the same girl I met that night in the rain. The one decision for which I have no regrets.” 80 likes
“This would be so much easier if [Allie] hadn't killed the jeep."
"For the last time," I growled at [Jackal]. "I just pointed out the street that wasn't blocked off. I didn't leave those nails on the road for you to drive over.”
75 likes