Start by marking “China Bayles' Book of Days” as Want to Read:
China Bayles' Book of Days

China Bayles' Book of Days (China Bayles)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  225 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Readers of the China Bayles mystery novels are familiar with the usefulness and wonder of the many herbs the amateur sleuth sells in her beloved Thyme and Seasons shop. Compiled by national bestselling author Susan Wittig Albert at the request of her fans, China Bayles' Book of Days gathers together tidbits and treasures about plants and reveals ways you can put more green ...more
Published October 3rd 2006 by Berkley (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about China Bayles' Book of Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about China Bayles' Book of Days

Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am into Herbs, China Bayles ,and places like Ruby's Crystal Cave. Susan knows her herbs, and her recipes are to die for. I love this book!
Jul 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-albert
This book has an entry for each day of the year with herb lore, recipes, traditional medicinal uses, and other interesting information about herbs. I read it with a stack of post-it notes and now it looks like it's growing little pink tags on the many pages where I want to go back to copy a recipe or review information. Recommended for those who are interested in a nonfanatic introduction to herbs and for fans of the China Bayles mystery series.
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have this e-book on my smartphone. It is very handy there because I can refer to it for the herbal recipes while shopping. Every day of the year is listed and I especially like Jan. 10 for the soothing facial mask for dry skin (although the recipe calls for powdered marigolds, hard to find this time of year).
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
I love Susan Wittag Albert's books. The China Bayles series is a great series and for those who are into herbs and those who are interested, it gives education about different plants. Her book of days is delightful with all kinds of herbal lore.
Angela Kinder
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great reference book about herbs, flowers, and other gardening life with plenty of recipes, crafts, and information from the China Bayles' cozy mystery series!
Mar 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
fun, fun book. of course, i love all of her mystery books and am totally enjoying this book. i'm also planning what herbs i'll grow this season and this is a fun book to plan with.
Nov 02, 2007 rated it really liked it
A good non fiction offering while waiting for the newest China Bayles mystery.
Chris Babcock
Jan 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Like a diary... I read it one day at a time and enjoyed thinking about the day's thought.
Feb 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Since I love all Albert's books, this one occupies a space on my bookshelves and in my heart. Lots of wonderful herbal lore and suggestions for use.
Aug 15, 2012 rated it liked it
As daybooks go this was mediocre. As herbal go, it was even less appealing, less helpful.
Kim j
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wittig-albert
Another excellent book all about herbs & her passion. Great book, brings China to life.
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love her China Bayle mysteries and love this one too. Sorta like a farmers almanac. Lots of good gardening and herbal lore.
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gift this book to those who enjoy herbal recipes and remedies, and anyone who is a serious gardener. Delightful, as always, by Albert.
Mar 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I use this book almost daily - it is on my night table and I have a look at the next day's entry every night before going to bed.
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-on-kindle
A book to dip into rather than read all the way through. A calendar, with details of herbs, recipes, and herb stories for each day.
Sep 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love this book - keep it by my computer and look at each day.
Julie  Durnell
Andrea Wahle
Jul 31, 2012
Jul 12, 2008
Victoria Edgar
rated it did not like it
Sep 12, 2014
Jul 13, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Earthly Bodies & Heavenly Hair: Natural and Healthy Bodycare for Every Body
  • The Herbalist's Way: The Art and Practice of Healing with Plant Medicines
  • The Herbal Drugstore: The Best Natural Alternatives to Over-The-Counter and Prescription Medicines!
  • A Modern Herbal, Vol. II
  • Healing Spices: How to Use 50 Everyday and Exotic Spices to Boost Health and Beat Disease
  • A Victorian Flower Dictionary: The Language of Flowers Companion
  • Healing Wise (Wise Woman Herbal Series)
  • The Goddess is in the Details: Wisdom for the Everyday Witch
  • Botany in a Day: Thomas J. Elpel's Herbal Field Guide to Plant Families
  • Designing the New Kitchen Garden: An American Potager Handbook
  • The Way of Herbs
  • Vegetable Gardening for Dummies
  • Easy Growing: Organic Herbs and Edible Flowers from Small Spaces
  • The Well-Tended Perennial Garden: Planting  Pruning Techniques
  • DIY Projects for the Self-Sufficient Homeowner: 25 Ways to Build a Self-Reliant Lifestyle
  • The Essential Urban Farmer
  • A Field Guide to the Birds of Eastern and Central North America
  • The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control: A Complete Problem-Solving Guide to Keeping Your Garden and Yard Healthy Without Chemicals
Susan is the author/co-author of biographical/historical fiction, mysteries, and nonfiction.

THE DARLING DAHLIAS AND THE UNLUCKY CLOVER #7 in the Darling Dahlias series, set in the early 1930s in fictional Darling AL

QUEEN ANNE'S LACE, #26 in the China Bayles series (coming April 2018)

THE GENERAL'S WOMEN. Kay, Mamie, and Ike--the wartime romance that could have derailed a presidency.

More about Susan Wittig Albert...

China Bayles (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Thyme of Death (China Bayles, #1)
  • Witches' Bane (China Bayles, #2)
  • Hangman's Root (China Bayles, #3)
  • Rosemary Remembered (China Bayles, #4)
  • Rueful Death (China Bayles, #5)
  • Love Lies Bleeding (China Bayles, #6)
  • Chile Death (China Bayles, #7)
  • Lavender Lies (China Bayles, #8)
  • Mistletoe Man (China Bayles, #9)
  • Bloodroot (China Bayles, #10)