Start by marking “Fate Knows Best (Kindred of Arkadia, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fate Knows Best (Kindred of Arkadia, #1)

Fate Knows Best

(Kindred of Arkadia #1)

Rebecca Morgan thinks she knows what she wants out of life, until her life plan goes to hell in a handbasket. Now she is out looking for adventure. She just doesn’t expect to discover a shifter-only town and one six foot eight, grumpy, bear-shifting sheriff named Aleksander Arkadion.

Aleksander Arkadion only wants to date shifter females after working a brutal homicide case
Published May 8th 2013 by Siren Bookstrand

Erika
4 stars

This was pretty cute! Low angst, low stress. Lots of light hearted humor. Lots of fun characters. I loved Ma and Pa Arkadion. Aleks was a likable hero and Rebecca was a cute heroine. I might have liked just a bit more time between Aleks and Rebecca though. She spends a lot of time with other male characters in the book, though most of them are gay men and it appears the man she became really close with (Liam) may be as well.

Still, cute enough that I may try to go finish My Commander. :-
Barbara➰
This a reread for me...I don't know how many times. Today, it would probably be 4 stars if I read it new. But since I've read it multiple times, I'm keeping the 5 stars because obviously there's something that keeps bringing me back to rereading it.

This is a cute "mate" series mixed with MF, MM, MMM, MFM and MMF. All that I love. It's not going to win any literary awards but I do enjoy the humor and though one might "deny" they are mates for half a second, they usually come around quickly and th
CC
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr, safe-for-me
I will keep this simple. This author's brand of juvenile humor does not work for me. I dislike her heroines and dislike the amount of time spent with OM (as friends) and how little time spent with Hero. This seems universal to her books.

Sobia
Jun 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Didya read the synopsis? Doesn't it sound super super good?
Yeah, those expectations were seriously not met.

So heres the breakdown of the story : they meet, they fall in love, and he breaks her heart...all in 60 seconds or less!

Yeah, not a fan....it did have fewer sex scenes and more of a story than I'm used to from Siren books. And I did like the bare bones of the story. The idea was really good...it just needs editing/changing/fixing/adding to.

First off the pace of the story needs to slooooo
ValerieC
 ♡♡~Cyborg-Scifi-Lover~♡♡
What a lovely funny read. I really enjoyed!
I hope there will be a second book.
Emily
Rebecca Morgan is lost L..O...S..T. She lost her job, her home and now she is traveling only to have the musicality of her car breaking down and her GPS on the fritz. When she ends up in a little out of the way town of Arkadia, she finds she is accepted with warmth and comfort from everyone but bear shifter Sheriff Aleksander Arkadion.

Rebecca thought after the searing kiss he greeted her with that he liked her a little bit. When she finds out she is his mate, she thinks he will accept her but A
Lin
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book because I enjoy trying new authors....needless to say this was a "WINNER"! As soon as I half way through this book, the first in the series, I immediately bought Book 2 - "Fated to be Family". This author does not disappoint! You have shifters - lions and bears, oh my - and other were-species, romance, thriller, drama, suspense and humor! What is not to like. All of the characters introduced in this first book are well thought out and definitely have their own personalities!
Daria
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just the Bear necessities isnt a thought when you meet the sexy hot sherriff, Aleksander he sees Rebecca and slides his tongue down her throat. What a way to start a night, being throughly kissed by someone she's never met. Of course stubborness knows no bounds, with Alek all maleness personified. Poor Alek will jump through hoops and he gets to know becca his mate.

check out the rest of the review at:

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 2.5 Hearts!
April
This was so close to five stars for me, but I could not overlook the jumpy narrative. At times I had to reread a paragraph to figure out who's thoughts they were. A minor annoyance that took me out of the story at times. I am sure that Ms Alder, a new author, will get into the groove with her next book!

Now the good stuff!! I love me a grumpy bear shifter!! Aleks is so deliciously grouchy and cuddle at the same time!! He is just my kind of bear! Add in the sweet tooth and he is right up there wit
Cheesecake
To be honest I quit this around 85% and actually skimmed it mostly from about half way to that point...
But I feel that since I may have lost some brain cells reading that much, that I am entitled to a short review.
heroine... whatshername, a human (tragically orphaned of course), magically sidetracks into a magical town of shifters (aka NO humans). Then she proceeds to whammy them with her Snow White meets Forrest Gump, delightful personality.
The sheriff, her destined mate, is almost 2 feet tal
♡Tonya♡
Jul 15, 2016 marked it as to-read
is this a continuing story?
Rochelle
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic story, I loved it! A great start to a new series. Cannot wait for book 2!!!
Cherylnne
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Can't wait until the next one comes out.
Grace
After reading two books by this author, I'm pretty sure her writing style is not for me. The two main problems with this story were the heroine and the lack of time the couple spent together.
I really could not stand Rebecca. She was really annoying and was a little TSTL for my tastes. I just think she writes her heroines a little too much for me.
My second biggest complaint was the lack of time the couple spent together. It just seemed like Rebecca spend more time with everyone else in the town
Penny Ellen
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this series when it was publishd with Siren but OMG I love it more now that Alanea has released it herself. Whilst the story hasn’t changed there are added scenes which gives the story a better flow and makes it stronger.
I love the characters, Rebecca is smart, witty and a little crazy. Aleks is grumpy, protective and caring and oh my is there so much exsplosive chemistry between the two, it is off the charts hot!
If you love Alanea’s Bewitched and Bewildered series you will love this on
Jo
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Alanea is that author that you pre order from without reading the blurb. Quirky female characters and fantastically alpha shifters equals a great book
Katie Jones
Jul 27, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF at 61%. It’s just simplistic & sappy, there’s not a lot of depth.
Robin
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rating - 3.5*
One Word Rec.: Buy
Alder, Alanea; FATE KNOWS BEST [Kindred of Arkadia, #1]

Ebook; genres: {paranormal romance}; shelves: |author: Alanea Alder |
|rating: 4* - Great Book, will re-read more than once or twice = when released in theater|
|paranormal, shifters: bear, canine, feline, other|
|paranormal, vampires|
|humorous read|
|fan/geek references|

General Synopsis: So, first off, I hate *SPOILERS*, but when I gush about books I love, they tend to come out, but I'll try. If you get the *SPOIL
Claudia
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fate Know Best, first book in Alanea Alder's Kindred of Arkadia started with nice introduction the a whole town of shifters and a itty-bitty human female.

Aleksander Arkadion only wants to date shifter females after w
Robin Proffitt
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lions, Vampires and Bears, Oh Rebecca!

Rebecca Morgan is a mortal girl who has lost her family, home and job. She has no one and is driving thru the Carolinas, her GPS shows her she is miles from no where, her Smart car is sputtering about to die and she is pleading for it to keep running until she gets to the next town. A deer runs in front of her car and a flash of another large animal chasing it causes her to throw on her brakes and stop. She looks around and suddenly she sees a road that was
Tammy Faris
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely positively am in love with this new author!!! If you love shape shifters I can guarantee you that you will fall in love with Arkadia! She's got Lions and Tigers and Bears..."oh my"...*gigglesnort* and many more! There's such emotion, romance, suspense, and my favorite in addition to the previous three...humor. In most of the books I read, I "like" the heroines, but LOVE the heroes....in this book, I'm thinking it's 50/50. I love both!!! And the supporting characters...you will absolut ...more
Laurie
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, paranormal, paid
What a fun little romp of a book! It's sexy, funny, and quirky. It came close to being too sicky sweet but the absolute ridiculousness and irreverent snark pulled it back just enough.

Aleks was an alpha but also an adorable mess. He also had had no idea what he was doing. Becca was a human but truly I she caused so much trouble, I think she had some Tasmanian Devil in her. The poor town didn't know what hit it once she found her way there.

The brothers were hilarious. Pa was a great big teddy bear
Kristinmarie
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author for me to read. I am not disappointed. Alanea Alder has been added to my must read shelf. In this first book in the series, not only did I fall in love with the main characters but also the whole town. The heroine was feisty and funny. Can't wait to see how the series progresses.
Racheal
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the best shifter novel I have read in a long time! It really had me cracking up. :)
K LeeB
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Any book that can reference Tolkien in a serious moment so funnily is A-OK with me. I literally was pumping my fist in the air when I read it.
Veronica Walker
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I love the new part with Ashby and nick, at least it seemed new to me. Counting down the days till the next book!
Jessica
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this book it captivated me from the first page it feels like each and everyone is a friend or a family ms alder is a must get for me
Tonda Pasowicz
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This author and book was recommended by a friend and WOW loved it. If you want a great new series on shifters this is the one!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Keeping Her (Keeping Her, #1)
  • Ours (The Bears, #2)
  • Edwina and the Seven Snowed-in Scientists
  • The Panther's Desire (Were-Cats of Apple Creek, #1)
  • Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)
  • Brock (Golden Streak, #4)
  • Wolf at the Door (Salvation Pack, #1)
  • Claimed by Wolves (Call of the Wolf, #1)
  • Ball Of Furry (Ridgeville, #3)
  • Monroe (Skin Walkers, #7)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • The Bear Project (The Projects, #2)
  • Their Unexpected Mate (Paranormal Protections Unit, #1)
  • Loving Laney (Shadowpeak Wolves, #1)
  • Shifting Positions (Woodcliff Shifters #1)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #1)
  • Bear's Gold (Erotic Shifter Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Laid Bear (Urban Fairytales, #2)

Kindred of Arkadia (8 books)
  • Fated to Be Family (Kindred of Arkadia, #2)
  • Fated for Forever (Kindred of Arkadia, #3)
  • Fated Forgiveness (Kindred of Arkadia, #4)
  • Fated Healing (Kindred of Arkadia, #5)
  • Fated Surrender (Kindred of Arkadia, #6)
  • Gifts of Fate (Kindred of Arkadia, #7)
  • Fated Redemption (Kindred Of Arkadia, #8)
“It's like your beauty is wasted on my eyeballs.” 5 likes
“So a Sherrilyn Kenyon kinda shifter or a Charlaine Harris kinda shifter?” 5 likes