Start by marking “Remain (Knights of Amaranth, #1)” as Want to Read:
Remain (Knights of Amaranth, #1)

Remain (Knights of Amaranth #1)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  93 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Jace is an artist whose personal life took a back seat two years ago after he parted ways with an alcoholic ex-boyfriend. He has settled comfortably into his new life alone. He works mornings at the local coffee shop and evenings at an art gallery. His life is quiet, but that’s alright with Jace.

Until he meets Morgan. The man is intense, passionate and earnest to a fault.
Published May 3rd 2013 by Rebel Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about Remain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remain

Alex Akira
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this adventurous, yet romantic tale of stepping through the fabric of one world into that of another, to chase after love. Entering the story, I was immediately captivated by Jace, a lonely, but determined young artist, who after a debilitating breakup with his lover two years earlier, is taking things one day at a time. Jace lives above a gallery which is home to some of his artwork, but manages a coffee shop to pay his bills. He’s a bit gun-shy on the romance, and as such h ...more
Jesse Aubrey
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Could have done with a lot less sex and a little more storytelling. The rotating POV was interesting at first, but I feel that it ultimately detracted from the story and made it harder to relate to the protagonists. The magic of Amaranth, the politics, and the monsters were the most interesting parts of the story, and they weren't discussed that much at all. Just things that were kind of there. If there are sequels to Remain, I hope they are more fleshed out and not in the sexual way.
Dana
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Reviewed for Rainbow Gold Reviews
A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

In an ever growing genre, it’s easy for authors and books to get mired down in your to-be-read list. That’s what happened to me with Remain. I was excited to pick it with our new weekly theme. It ended up being a big surprise to me; a good one. I knew it was a fantasy adventure type story and I haven’t read many of those inside the m/m genre. Remain kept me on the edge of my seat, and I had the hardest time p
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good, slashreaders, series
SlashReaders: I have a soft spot for books that deal with faeries or things of this nature and so I bought this book on a spur of the moment decision. I'm happy to report that I was not disappointed. For the most part I feel that this is an underdeveloped area of fantasy at the moment with many people focusing on vampires and werewolves. Though they all have their fun points, there are a lot more books in that vane than this one.

"Remain", starts off in a rather predictable fashion. Jace, is stil
Cynthia
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
To read my full review, please visit http://onsilverwingz.blogspot.com/201...

Morgan, a traveling fae knight, chases an imp to Jace's world. The attraction between them is instant but they are ultimately from different worlds and must return to each their own. Jace accidentally follows Morgan to the fae realm and got tricked by the evil fae queen. Jace must keep himself alive in the queen's garden of wild beasts while Morgan finds a way to return him to his world.

Jace seems meek when he blindly f
Joyfully Jay
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crissy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Remain
is the first book in Alex Jones’s very promising series, Knights of Amaranth. You all know I’m a huge lover of all things fantasy, so of course, I had to read this high fantasy gem. Remain is the story of a man who didn’t know he was lonely until he found someone who made him feel whole, then he almost lost the guy. This story takes Jace on an adventure into a new world alongside Morgan and his family and friends. It’s a fast paced, multi-faceted story of l
Ayanna
May 12, 2014 marked it as gave-up
...although from one review, this one sounds more sex-centric (damnit). I keep waiting for an m/m equivalent of Holly Black's Tithe/Ironside, but alas, either it's not dark/gritty enough or it's all sex-centric and the plot was abandoned on the wayside (woe is me)
Meggie
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: magic, fantasy, romance
This romance was enjoyable enough, but the storyline didn't speak to me. Sure the way it began was pulling and rather good, but the storyline soon lost her appeal. I was bored at the end.
Tailtiu
Jun 06, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Free at ARe till June 9th
Mandapanda
May 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: various-romance
Quite a few typos but otherwise not a bad fantasy romance.
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-series
I loved this. The writing was great, the world was interesting and the love story was great. Will definitely read the others in the series.
Ramie
Nov 03, 2015
Clarktroll
Feb 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Author Correction 5 153 Apr 27, 2015 03:01AM
  • The Stolen Luck
  • A Shadow of a Dream
  • Different Senses
  • The Novelty Maker
  • Knight of Fire (Terra, #2)
  • A New Beginning (Sumeria's Sons, #2.5)
  • Half Blind (Freelance Magic, #1)
  • Shirewode (The Wode, #2)
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales #1)
  • The Engineered Throne (Unbreakable Soldiers #1)
  • Goblins, Book One
  • Dark Side of the Veil (Dark Court, #1)
  • Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2)
  • Crowchanger (Changers of Chandris, #1)
  • Kitto (Tyack & Frayne, #4)
  • Levity: A Gay Fairy Tale
  • Paradox Lost
  • Dead to the World (Water Lovers of Sirilon #3)

Knights of Amaranth (3 books)
  • Rook (Knights of Amaranth, #2)
  • Raze (Knights of Amaranth #3)