Start by marking “Romancing the R.A. (Campus Crush, #1)” as Want to Read:
Romancing the R.A. (Campus Crush, #1)

Romancing the R.A.

(Campus Romance #1)

Noelle Buckman is looking forward to making a fresh start in college, one that doesn’t involve immature high school boys. The second she steps on campus for freshman orientation, she can sense the possibilities. Especially when she spots Andy, a resident advisor who’s not just hot but also thoughtful enough to open doors for a girl.

And Andy has his eye on Noelle. Even whe
Published April 26th 2014 (first published May 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Romancing the R.A., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing the R.A.

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiEasy by Tammara WebberSlammed by Colleen HooverOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
New Adult Contemporary
875 books — 2,248 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by J. LynnThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
1,190 books — 3,674 voters

More lists with this book...

Beth Fred
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this novella! It was cute, short and sweet. It was really funny in places too, almost like a romantic comedy. I don't read much NA because I like to keep things PG-13, but this story was not graphic at all. Noelle was a shy freshman trying to come out of her shell and learning to push boundaries at college. (And boy did she succeed at that). Her friend Julie was one of my favorite parts of the book. Julie said what she thought, and brought in a lot of the humor. Andy, the R.A. was ...more
Heather andrews
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Noelle's friend Julia is seriously just like me, "do you believe that? Two gorgeous girls walk by him and he keeps reading?" She scoffs. "If this is what guys are like at Timberland, I'm transferring." Hey now maybe it was a good book, with naughty bits in it, don't judge the boy. Andy I like him, "I don't get preferential treatment if that's what you're thinking. The R.A. position is more like my dad giving me a swift kick in the ass. He says I need direction and to learn responsibility." He ho ...more
Danielle Young
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Noelle is ready to leave high school behind and everything that goes with it, except for her best friend Julia that is. As their first year of college looms Noelle and Julia attend freshman orientation where Noelle more than catches the eye of a hot guy. Not sure if this guy is a teacher, a player, or really interested; Noelle decides to throw caution to the wind and take a chance. After all this could be the last time she sees him.

Noelle takes the chance and dives feet first into what will tur
Cecilia Robert
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Romancing the R.A. is the first novella in the Campus Crush series. And focuses on Noelle's first day on Campus, away from home, which meant making her own decisions, knowing how to handle herself and other people which is part of growing up and moving away from home.

This is a short, cure romantic story, and I look forward to the second book/novella. Would love to know where the story goes from there. :)
Michelle Pickett
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Super cute, but I didn't realize it was a novella until I started reading it. I thought Noelle's feelings were a little "over the top" for just meeting Andy. A bit of insta-love. But still a super cute and quick read.
Terrie
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A quick read, page turner. With each page I wanted to know what would happen next. I would definitely recommend this book.
Cheri
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I hope there's more! This was a cute quick read that hooked me from the first page! An instant connection and hopefully a next book that's longer! I'd like to know these characters more;) recommend!!
Lynsey
May 06, 2013 rated it liked it
The synopsis of this book had me really excited to read it and when I started it, I’d settled in for the night with my hot drink and couple of biscuits. To my complete and utter surprise, I’d finished the book before I finished my drink. I had no idea that this was more of a novella length of book and I couldn’t believe it when it ended, as for me the story had JUST gotten started. I feel like the author was just ‘testing the waters’ with this book but I wish she had taken the risk and written a ...more
Meredith
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This was such a fun read. It took me right back to college and the first guy I dated on campus. Every time Noelle saw Andy I actually felt her butterflies and excitement. I love when a book reminds me of that time in my life. I only wish my campus visits had been this much fun.

Noelle is the girl next door. She’s a bit apprehensive and let’s her more out going BFF Julia take the lead. I loved the friendship between the two girls. It was so real it reminded me of my own BFF!

Andy is that gorgeous g
Mell
Jun 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, new-adult
Sweet, short and cute. 3.5 stars.
Brit
short, sweet and cute. i would highly recommend this. i really hope their is another book. i hate cliffhangers.
Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

This was another one of our Girls with Books weekend read-alongs with Jessica from Lovin' Los Libros, Danielle from What Danielle Did Next, Wendy from Book Scents, Tonya from lilybloombooks Trish from Between the Lines, Chelsea from Starbucks & Books Obsession and CeCe from CeCe's Steaming Mug of Books. I'd been looking forward to this one for a while. Unfortunately I didn't look close enough before getting into this book and after about 10-15
Jessica
Jun 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I first saw this book on Sheri's blog (Tangled Up in Books) for a Waiting on Wednesday post. As you can tell from my recent reviews- I am all about the NA Contemps lately. So this one appealed to me right away! I was so bummed because for the longest time it was only released for Kindle and I have a Nook. I ended up winning an e-copy when Ashelyn did a Twitter giveaway and she sent me a couple of signed postcards to hold me over until it would be released for B&N. I finally got it a couple o ...more
Chelsea (Starbucks & Books Obsession)
Romancing the R.A. was a light, fluffy and cute read. However, it was extremely short and not what I was expecting. I was a tad disappointed because of this. It was more like a novella and I prefer more depth to the novels that I read.

Noelle and her best friend, Julia are visiting the Timberland College campus for freshmen orientation at the beginning of the summer. They will be attending in the fall and they are there to get an introduction to the campus and the dorms and meet other incoming fr
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A short, sweet romance.
Tonyalee
See this Review and more on my blog Lilybloombooks

Read with the ladies of Girls with Books

Although this isn't the first book that our little group has read together, it was the first one I personally took part in. (And last to review, I think) I honestly hadn't heard about this and was curious enough to purchase right away and dive right in. BUT. Sitting at roughly only 80 pages, I was a little disappointed with it.

In short, Noelle and her friend Julia, are at freshmen orientation for
Kimber Wheaton
Jun 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Romancing the R.A. is short and sweet, 85 pages according to Amazon. I read it in about an hour, while conversing with relatives from time to time. It's written in first person from Noelle's point of view. She and her friend Julia go to orientation for their freshman year of college at the beginning of the summer. Noelle is anxious to leave the duplicitous high school boys behind, hoping to find a mature college boy. Though, I don't think she planned to find Mr. Perfect at orientation.

Andy is a
Kelsey Ketch
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, new-adult
I really enjoyed Romancing the R.A.! Compared to Behind Closed Doors, this was more my kind of contemporary romance. Honestly, I so wish my college orientation experience was similar to this novel, especially with all the hottie R.A. boys hanging around.

The best was that I could really relate to Noelle throughout the novel. The kind of luck she had, the little mishaps, were things I could see happening to me. I also love how her confidence grew through the novel, despite the few embarrassing mom
Chrys Fey
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The humor mingled throughout this story was a pleasant surprise. I was smiling and laughing at nearly every sentence. Julia, Noelle's best friend, is particularly hilarious. Everything she said and did was a riot.

Ashelyn's writing almost appears effortless, although I know writing a story is far from it. She captures the flirtations of young people, the embarrassment of first meetings, and the rush of new attraction perfectly.

The voice of Noelle is so well done that I felt as though she was a r
Medeia Sharif
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Noelle is in that in-between stage of adulthood. She attends the freshman orientation of her college when she spots Andy, an irresistible, slightly older R.A. (resident advisor). This is when her insecurities kick in. Is he really noticing her? Does she know how to flirt? Can she compete with other girls who want him? Maybe she’s too young and inexperienced for him. I’m not giving away the ending, but I loved how things unfolded.
Mika Pisueña
Sep 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
A short story about a college freshman attending her orientation and falling for the RA. That sums it all up.

Didn't feel it. I thought it was very cheesy. I don't know whether to gush for its cuteness or to grimace for its uh, for a lack of better wording, whorish ways. First day you meet a guy and you feel strongly for him, enough to sleep with him and have a serious relationship. Not my cup of coffee.
Paris
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a very cute, short, easy read. I liked Noelle and Andy and it was nice to have a romance develop without all the drama. I would be interested in revisiting them at some point or maybe getting a book from Julia's POV.
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
This was really cute, but I didn't know it was novella length until I started reading it. I actually liked the characters quite a bit, but I would have enjoyed a longer, more drawn out story a lot more.
Angie
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Very cute and sweet. A nice break from hot and heavy romances with a lot of angst.
Amanda (Fandomly Bookish)
Fast, Light and Cute-sy read! :)
Nessa Collins
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
review to come
Deniz
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
2,5 stars
Caroline Carr
rated it did not like it
Jun 16, 2014
Nov 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • I Hate You...I Think
  • Precious Things
  • Of Darkness and Crowns (Goddess Wars, #2)
  • Camp Kiss (Camp Boyfriend, #0.5)
  • Me & Timothy Cooper
  • Luck of Love (Luck, #1)
  • By My Side
  • The Guys Are Props Club (G.A.P., #1)
  • Into the Fire (Into the Fire, #1)
  • A Summer to Remember (Seasons, #1)
  • Touching Melody (Forever First, #1)
  • Love Like Fireworks (Love Like Fireworks, #1)
  • Unexpected
  • His Allure, Her Passion
  • Wicked Needs (Wicked Bay, #5)
  • Bound (Bound Hearts Book 1)
  • Cornish Crusaders MC (South Coast Brothers #2)
  • Falling Into Us (One More Night Trilogy, #2)
Ashelyn Drake is a contemporary romance author. While it’s rare for her not to have either a book in hand or her fingers flying across a laptop, she also enjoys spending time with her family. She believes you are never too old to enjoy a good swing set and there’s never a bad time for some dark chocolate. She also writes speculative fiction as Kelly Hashway.

Campus Romance (5 books)
  • Nothing to Tell (Campus Crush #0.5)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Campus Crush, #2)
  • Rushing Into Love (Campus Crush #3)
  • Looking For Love