Start by marking “Dead and Missing (Ripsters #2)” as Want to Read:
Dead and Missing (Ripsters #2)

Dead and Missing

(Ripsters #2)

Sixteen-year-old Brittany Howland only knows one other girl, Jolie Livingston, who can communicate with the dead like herself. When Brittany takes Jolie’s haunt fishing to get him out of Jolie’s hair, he mysteriously disappears. Brittany isn’t sure how she’ll tell Jolie she lost her stupid ghost. Jolie thinks her dead best friend Drew has finally crossed over, but Brittany ...more
Published July 15th 2013 by Books on the Edge

To ask other readers questions about Dead and Missing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead and Missing

RoloPoloBookBlog
Dead and Missing by Chris Myers
(Book #2: Ripsters Series)
Source: ARC from author
Rating: 5 HUGE stars

Every once in a great while I am well and truly surprised by a book and am glad to know that I can still be so. I knew, without doubt, I would like Dead and Missing but I was in no way prepared for its pure awesomeness!! Dead and Missing is the sophomore of Chris Myer’s Ripsters series and Myers has not only come out swinging but has managed to avoid the dreaded sophomore slump!

Dead and Missing op
GEORGIE
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Find more reviews on What She Reads
After solving the case in Date with the Dead the and Jolie being introduced to her father this book takes the Ripsters team for another ride. With all the team, including Reece being initiated into the Guild to help them expand their powers they seem to be on the clock.

While Jolie plans to spend some time with her absentee father Brittany decides to keep Drew busy by taking him fishing only to find a crying girl over the other side by bloody bond. The girl app
Tiffany
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jolie's best friend is a ghost. A really hot, but dead ghost. While fishing with Jolie's other BFF he disappears. We immediately plunge right into the conspiracy of back stabbing and power seeking politics of the Guild. Who would steal a ghost? What would they do to him? Who do you trust other than the fearsome foursome?

Jolie is completely overwhelmed with the lose of her other half. She had her moments in this book, but she wasn't the same bad ass from book one. Brittany on the other hand crac
Scott-robert Shenkman
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I waited so long for this book....

…and then, 36 hours later and I’m done with it. And now I have to wait again. Aaaargh!!!

So worth it.

I love this series. I love Jolie, Reece, Hayden and Drew (even though he was…elsewhere for a good chunk of this book). And Brit. I LOVE her. We get the book from her perspective as well as Jolie’s. She is so funny. She can be on the verge of being murdered and bemoan the fact that she has so much shopping left to do. She takes pride in her SAPness (read it to find
Kirsty Bicknell
There are some sequels which make me think 'ok maybe this series should stop now' and then there are awesome sequels like Dead and Missing which left me hoping that Chris Myers will be writing a third installment to the Ripsters books.
The difference with Dead and Missing and Date with the Dead is that the reader now has two narrators in Brittany and Jolie. Brittany has a much more vital role in this book and despite the series of events which take place her tone remains witty and sarcastic, in c
Lana
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great YA Fantasy! I really enjoyed the first story in the RIPSTERS series and this second one is a terrific follow up! Dead and Missing follows Brittany, whose life is far from perfect despite what others think. Her ability to communicate with the dead and her love of all things pink make for a fun read! Throw in some creepy talking dead people and her annoying stepmom, and you have a hit! The story has a great cast of characters and I can't wait to see what they're up to in Book 3!
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Carrying on from the first book, Drew goes missing in this one, and tasks have to be completed in the guild.
Where did Drew go? Who is the dead girl thats after a doll?
Full of mystery.
I liked this book.
The ending was sad though =(

Full review: http://kitkat1242.blogspot.co.uk/2013...
Dakota
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yet another AMAZING novel in the Ripsters series! I can't wait to read the next one! This one is even more thrilling and exciting than the first, and will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end. This book is told through the point of view of Brittany also, giving an interesting look at all the other characters. Can't wait for the next one!
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
Review coming soon :)
Athena Stephenson
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this book and all these characters so much! It’s such a fun, creepy, intriguing story I just can’t get enough of!
Oh lord it just keeps getting better and better! I love reading about these kids and their crazy ghost and demon world! It’s honestly so fascinating to dive into because you never know what you are going to get! Lol I love their dynamics of the group too!
Lelia Taylor
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
In a departure from the first book, Dead and Missing has two alternating narrators, Jolie and her colleague and friend, Brittany, and it works very well. I particularly liked getting to know Brittany a little better since she’s so very different from Jolie and yet they share an affinity for the spirit world. Still, you have to marvel at how a diminutive goth-dressing girl and a bouncy blonde athlete who always dresses in pink could get along, much less be friends.

These two girls also differ from
Amanda
I thought this was a very interesting story. Told from Brittany's and Jolie's perspective (each chapter is told by either Brittany or Jolie), I was afraid it would be horrible. I was wrong. It was confusing to follow at times- remembering who was who, but over all it flowed really well. I was also afraid having not read the first in this series that I would be lost but that was not the case. This works well as a stand alone. While fishing with her BFF's friendly ghost (so Jolie can spend time wi ...more
Marinda
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 is told from both Jolie and Brit's POV. In this book we learn more about the Guild, Jolie's dad, what happened to Brit's mom and we finally meet Jolie's grandmother. We also find out something about Brit's connection to Jolie. The Ripsters are on another case putting them in danger again. Even though Drew is a ghost , he's kidnapped and everyone but Brit tried to convince Jolie he's gone into the light. The Ripsters have been invited to join the Guild and have all passed the first level. ...more
Online Critic
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, engaging, suspenseful sequel to Date with the Dead. In this book, the reader follows Jolie and Brittany. Brittany is funny and pink while Jolie is more serious.

Drew disappears in the first chapter and from there the hunt begins. Brittany believes someone captured the dead guy, and Jolie believes he has crossed over.

Please keep writing. When is the next one coming out?

Buried in New Orleans must uncover what is special about Drew. Looking forward to more of this ghostly fun.
Chris Myers
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book will be on sale for 99 cents at Amazon and Barnes and Noble for a limited time for the blog tour.
Like To
Aug 12, 2013
Erika Rhodes
Aug 13, 2013
EARLY REVIEWERS PROGRAM
***Interested in becoming an early reviewer?***
Limited copies available on every title. Please contact me to find out details. An ebook copy is given in exchange for an Amazon and Goodreads reviews.

Ripsters (3 books)
  • Date with the Dead (Ripsters, #1)
  • Buried in New Orleans (Ripsters #3)