Start by marking “India Unlimited - Stories from a Nation Caught Between Hype and Hope” as Want to Read:
India Unlimited - Stories from a Nation Caught Between Hype and Hope

India Unlimited - Stories from a Nation Caught Between Hype and Hope

The Indian phenomenon is capturing everyone's attention from businessmen to Hollywood stars. But how real is the Indian story on the ground? INDIA UNLIMITED is an attempt to lay bare the lives of people and their surroundings that define an ambivalent India trapped between hype and hope.

Written over the last decade, these stories are set in villages, towns and metro cities
Published February 2013 by LiFi Publications

Start your review of India Unlimited - Stories from a Nation Caught Between Hype and Hope
Abhinav
For a book that attempts to capture the 'Indian Phenomenon', it has to deal with divergent themes - after all, this is India we're talking about here. And when the book in consideration is a collection of short stories written over a decade, it has a lot to live up to in that regard given the scope it gives the writer to deal with them.

"India Unlimited" is Kulpreet Yadav's first published book, though his works of short fiction have been published before in literary magazines around the world. T
Sundeep Supertramp
3.5

Foreword:

When author first contacted us to review his book, I have heard about this quite a lot of times from the other websites. Not to mention, the loads of promotions by the lifi publishers on Facebook.

Although, we are tightly packed with tbr stack, I accepted to review this book, anyway. I couldn't regret the my decision when I turned to the second page of the book, which had four simple words,

Dear Sundeep

Warm regards,

Followed by the author's signature.

I fell further in love with the book
Anwesha Bose
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
TIF Review - Read here
Verdict - A vividly extraordinary narration of ordinary Indians from various parts of the land. The short stories go beyond fictional storytelling and traverses the boundaries of reality. Just like a picture that astutely paints on a canvas the reality behind the simple and everyday objects of life cannot be unseen, so cannot the stories of India Unlimited be forgotten. The author sails through various themes and the reader is presented with a kaleidoscopic version of India
Seema Yadav
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great collection of stories which take you on a journey of various emotions and thoughts. The characters are at times very close to you and then, at times, completely unknown, still captivating. The narrative is so strong that you can feel yourself to be a part of the story. The inspirations drawn from real life make the works overwhelmingly interesting. In short, a fresh and welcome change for a reader.
Sami Ahmad Khan
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it. Lucid prose, engrossing narrative, masterfully told. Recommended!
Samantak Bhadra
May 21, 2013 rated it liked it
“India Unlimited” is a spontaneous and euphoric celebration of the Indian diaspora so much so that every story in this collection by Kulpreet Yadav feels like a characteristic dollop of colour on the palette of the Indian experience. This book is a collection of short stories which, on certain occasions, attempt to unmask, in a rather entertaining manner, the diverse mysteries of the Indian mind and life and the intersections between these two veritable entities. The reader is slowly drawn into ...more
VaultOfBooks
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
By Kulpreet Yadav. Grade: A

Kulpreet Yadav, a New Delhi resident, is the founder and co-editor of Open Road Review, a literary journal. His short stories have appeared in many literary magazines from around the world.

The first thing you see on the book is the bright, colorful and classy cover jacket. The title ”India Unlimited: Stories From A Nation Caught Between Hype And Hope” is intriguing.

India Unlimited is a collection of 31 short stories. I have been quite a fan of short stories myself beca
Anant Prakash
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
India Unlimited is a treasure of 31 short stories that introduces you with hype and hopes of this nation that is called India and sometimes “Bharat” or “Hindustan” vice versa. So, it fills you with great joy and mesmerizing stories while you travel to office to come back to home.

On some lazy Sundays, when you wish an escape from your routine life to explore unknown territories, “India Unlimited” grants that momentary escape to you. India Unlimited is a collection of 31 short stories, which bring
Tina
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it
About the book: India Unlimited comes with the tag line ‘stories from a nation caught between hype & hope’. It has 31 short stories which range from violence murder, love, sex, to corruption and social problems. As you read it you get the feeling that the stories are inspired from real life incidents and are quite closer to you and earthy.

From children oppressed by the society to complexities of relationships, from corrupt politicians to a simple husband the short stories throw a mixed flavor f
Shail Raghuvanshi
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kulpreet’s writings always give that realistic appeal to things without becoming cynical. In fact, having read his work before, I could detect the same cozy feel that the author brings to his characters. Here, despite the fact that this book of stories has innumerable characters, the readers are able to slip into the skin of most of them. Due credit must be given to the language, narration and observation skills of the author.

Tales like ‘Not The Only Peanut Seller Who Hasn’t Heard Of Osama Bin L
Amit Gupta
Jun 01, 2013 rated it liked it
India has become a phenomenon in the contemporary world. It is capturing everyone’s attention from businessmen to Hollywood stars in the West - intriguing them and challenging their notions of what India represents. But how real is the Indian story on the ground? 'India Unlimited' is an attempt to bare the lives of the Indian people and their surroundings that define an ambivalent India trapped between Hype And Hope.

The stories are set In villages, towns and Metro cities of a country under over
Manjul Bajaj
May 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this collection of stories only moderately. Part of the reason is that I don’t really take to the very short, short story (there are 31 stories in the 190 page volume). I have always felt that the form does not allow enough scope to develop characters or elaborate settings sufficiently. To my mind micro-fiction (unless rendered by a rare master) is like a series of ad jingles instead of the full musical composition – there are moments of surprise and delight and a promise of more but i ...more
Ritesh Agarwal
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it

‘India Unlimited’ is an anthology of 31 short stories. They are slightly shorter than a conventional short story and slightly longer than a flash fiction. Most of them are around 3-4 pages long and hence make for a 5-10 minute read, depending on your speed. So, those who are looking for a light read can pursue a story during TV ads or between two WWE matches or while sitting on the breakfast table waiting for the steaming coffee to cool down.

Author Kulpreet Yadav is erudite and has got featured
Namrota Mazumdar
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
India Unlimited, an anthology of 31 short stories, seizes your senses with its simple yet potent writing. The stories capture the reader's attention and wakes up a hunger to read more. Yadav, who has been published in several National and International Literary Journals-the featured stories are part of this compilation, with his penchant for detailing, styles the little elements by lacing the words lavishly.

To give you a glimpse of the author’s crisp artistic use of words, here are a few excerpt
Manjulika Pramod
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Each one of us has a story in us and this book captures the perceptions of life differently in a collection of 31 vibrant stories. The collection of these stories have touched upon all the sections of the society, be it the street children, the beggar, a peanut-seller, the long time lovers, the office mates, the husband or the wife etc. The author succeeds in capturing the interest in the first few tales and the reader feels to move on and read the other stories. Also an anthology always comes w ...more
Kanupriya
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Engrossing & Enjoyable! Even though I’m not very much of a short story person but still managed to finish the whole book over a weekend. Interest in one story led to another and so on. Things that I loved about this book:
- Intense emotions presented in such a simple language.
- Poignant plots, some of the stories never looked like initially could be concluded in a short story, but they did and that too beautifully.
- Variety of themes, I mean this book actually presents gamut of varied emotions in
Pratibha
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
"India Unlimited" is a collection of 31 short stories, as written "stories from a nation caught between hype and hope". Each story is different with themes such as violence, love, sex, murder, etc. This book will take you on a journey to different aspects of India, some which you had never known. These stories have something new in each of them, with a different twist. Sometimes you feel related to the stories, and sometimes you are taken on a unexpected journey. The book is a must read, and wou ...more
Readers Cosmos
Jun 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Positives: The language is simple, book is well written and stories are good. The best part that I loved about the author is his versatile writing style. Most authors write amazing stories, beyond imagination but when a collection of such stories is published, after first four chapters the reader understands the writers style and pattern of plot. However, Kulpreet Yadav has done an amazing and difficult job of writing plots differently for each story.

Negatives: Some stories are predictable.

The V
Mayank Kashyap
Feb 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Thank you Kulpreet Yadav for sending me autographed book.
India Unlimited written by Kulpreet Yadav is a collection of 31 short stories. The stories are based on different themes like street children, love & sex, depraved sadhus, urban disorder, etc. and the stories have done justice with the theme. The author has done a decent job. He has a good grip in both narration and story telling.
Read the full review here:
Dileep Sankar
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Liked the book. The stories were short and captivating. None of them had any exaggerated content, compared to the daily life events those are encountered in modern India, and hence it is really INDIA UNLIMITED!!

Will certainly recommend this book for light readers.
Gurnam Sodhi
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
With 4 lovely stories 4 nice and 23 average and below average stories, the book is a disappointment. Had I read these stories in some paper or magazine amongst other things, it would have been ok. But as a book, it is a wastage of time.
Nitin Soni
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this book to everyone. This is an amazing book. A wonderful piece of writing and some great stories to read. I loved the flaw of these stories. The words are used very carefully, and effectively.
Simply Awesome! Creative! For Everyone!
Go for it, guys!

Cheers
Nitin Soni
Yagya Gera
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Three stars for the book and an additional star for I received an autographed copy.
My personal favorites:
1. Not the Only Peanut Seller Who Hasn’t Heard of Osama Bin Laden.
2. The Fish and My Wedding.
3. The Blind Date.
4. The Family of Stars.
5. The Beautiful People.
6. The Pickle Seller.
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Good to read a nice collection of short stories. Interesting based on some of the contemporary Indian life. Easy and quick read. This collection of 31 short stories takes the reader to various facets of life.
Shashank Pathak
Mar 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Worth reading once
Yawar
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well, I'm not a big fan of short stories. but I really like stories of this book because of nice narrative style. ...more
Vinay Leo
Rohates Nagar
May 15, 2019
Dinesh Singh
May 14, 2019

• Rules of Prey (Lucas Davenport, #1)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year One (Supernatural Academy, #1)
  • Sea Prayer
  • The Culling Trials (Shadowspell Academy, #1)
  • The Moosewood Cookbook: Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant, Ithaca, New York
  • Platters and Boards: Beautiful, Casual Spreads for Every Occasion
  • The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1)
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
  • How to Cook Everything: Simple Recipes for Great Food
  • V for Vendetta #1 (of 10)
  • Preludes & Nocturnes (The Sandman, #1)
  • Humility: True Greatness
  • Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus
  • Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire: What Happens When God's Spirit Invades the Heart of His People
  • The Hole in Our Gospel: What Does God Expect of Us? the Answer That Changed My Life and Might Just Change the World
  • Searching for God Knows What
  • Joy of Cooking
One of the leading fiction writers in India, Kulpreet Yadav retired voluntarily from the armed forces to pursue a career in writing in 2014. Also a motivational speaker now, he has spoken at more than two hundred schools, colleges, and global corporate brands during the last four years. Popular for his Andy Karan series, his new spy novel, Murder in Paharganj, was published by Bloomsbury India in ...more