Start by marking “On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)

On Every Street

(The Artists Trilogy 0.5)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  11,070 ratings  ·  1,309 reviews
When young con artist Ellie Watt decides to call herself Eden White and go after the drug lord who ruined her as a child, she never expects to fall for one of his henchmen. But Javier Bernal is no ordinary man. Subtly dangerous and overwhelmingly seductive, Eden finds herself passionately in love with Javier, the very person she's set-up to betray. With her body and heart ...more
Published June 4th 2013 by Forever Yours (Hachette) (first published March 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about On Every Street, please sign up.
Annabelle It's hard to understand Javier's behavior. The first part of Dirty Angels reflects Javier's true feelings for Ellie. He is very vulnerable in On Every…moreIt's hard to understand Javier's behavior. The first part of Dirty Angels reflects Javier's true feelings for Ellie. He is very vulnerable in On Every Street.Javier always felt that Ellie was too good for him, and he was afraid to lose her. The pregnancy gave him hope that they might have a future, and when it turned out false, he felt that they were not meant to be and that broke him. In a way he gave up on them when he threw the angel away. That fueled his other decisions as well. They were living in a bubble and he wanted it to be a true relationship. He wanted Ellie to accept him, to believe in him, to be proud of him. Deep down he knew that their relationship was going nowhere. Ellie couldn't accept the real Javier, and he couldn't change his life; he didn't want to. To be honest I read the trilogy because of Javier. He was such a strong and complex character, and I wanted to understand what was driving him. I was very disappointed in Dirty Angels; very few authors are able to maintain their characters' image throughout the entire trilogy. I feel that that Dirty Angels was written in a hurry; no real plot, lack of profoundness, shallow characters and Karina totally killed Javier we knew. (less)

·  11,070 ratings  ·  1,309 reviews

Karina Halle
Jan 31, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Why do people like reading books that rip your heart out? Writing this HURT. Hurt so BAD. Uuuuuugh. Anyway, I wrote this and it's Javier and Ellie's story when they were young bucks, and if you enjoy this, you're a masochist.

PS Javier's a sexy mofo

PPS damn right
Dd
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“Come, my angel. Dance with me.”

NOT FAIR!!!

“You know ,” he began, voice low and full, “if you were to ever leave me, I’d come looking for you, on every street.”

SO NOT FAIR!!!

“I want to rub it in you, like this, until it’s a part of your
skin.I want to stain you, Eden.I want myself embedded in your skin, in your heart, in your soul.”

SO BLOODY NOT FAIR!!!

First he steals my heart. And then he shatters it.

I'm telling you,there should be a law against it!!

</>/>
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 I'm-Destroyed STARS

♪♫ A three-chord symphony crashes into space
The moon is hanging upside down
I don't know why it is I'm still on the case
It's a ravenous town
And you still refuse to be traced
Seems to me such a waste
And every victory has a taste that's bittersweet
And it's your face I'm looking for on every street ♪♫

description

He lied. I lied. Any love that starts out under a lie is bound to kill you.

To love someone is to reveal your deepest and innermost thoughts. To lay yourself bare in front the other and let your souls recognize each other. Love has no room for liesSTARS
Debra

Lies.
Passion.
Deceit.
Love.
Heartbreak.
Revenge.

"Do you believe in fate, Eden?"

"Sometimes I do," I managed to say, trying to keep the breeziness in my voice.

"I think it was fate that brought you to me today," he said.

Ellie Watt/Eden White --

Javier Bernal --

Javierclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Lies.
Fathima
5+++ I-cant-breathe-need-a-CPR-right-now-just-call-Javier-or-Camden stars !!!!!

photo gael3_zpsb903cd3b.gif

“I’m going to teach you how to fuck me, Eden,” he said, his voice hoarse. He shuffled back until he was sitting just behind my ass. “But first I’m going to show you what it’s like to be fucked.”

Cue music : Angel - Massive Attack ...

I think my obsession with Karina Halle has just reached an all time high ... Can this woman get any better ? Apparently , yes ! Every time I ask myself that question I find myself giving me t
xrysa
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Please, angel. Make me your home.”

I have so many feelings .

Eden

In this book Ellie is seeking revenge.
She wants to destroy that man who ruined her life so she asks help from an old good friend.
Gus helps her become one of the greatests cons and then she has to put her plan on work by approaching someone who will lead her to Travis.

I've never believed in love at first sight.

Javier

“Please, angel. Make me your home.”

I have so many feelings .

Eden

In this book Ellie is seeking revenge.

I've never believed in love at first sight.

Javier

(I'm swooning so badly.)

Well , Javier has no idea the Eden is only approaching him in order to seduce him and he is simply falling in love with her.

“So, what would you like to drink?”
“Aside from you?”
I laughed anxiously. “You can’t drink me.”
He leaned forward, his eyes running up and down my body, causing my skin to heat. “Yes, I believe I can. And I believe I will. But for now, I’ll just have a Bombay and tonic.”

He has secrets that isnt willing to reveal but Eden is one step ahead.
She know everything.
When he is ready he tells her the truth and yet he is surprised that she is not leaving him.

I don’t deserve your love, Eden. You have my heart, but yours should remain in your chest. Save it for a better man. Save it for someone who’s worth it.” His eyes shimmered as tears threatened to spill over. “You need to leave me.”
“No,” I told him, grabbing his face. “I need to love you.”

However Eden has to face the real Javier.
The man that cant stand to be cheated.
The man who lives for vengeance.
She doesnt like that version of him and she decides to run away.

But Javier will always find you my dear Eden.

“You know,” he began, voice low and full, “if you were to ever leave me, I’d come looking for you, on every street.”
“Always.” And I knew he kept his promises.”

In the hotel room he begs for forgiveness.
He loves her so much.

“Eden, angel. Please. Please forgive me. Please give me another chance. Please give me a reason to keep fighting, to be a better man. Redeem me. Only you can.”
(view spoiler)

Eden loves him more and more that she has almost forgotten her purpose.
They live together...
They love each other...

Why I loved Eden: Ellie , Eden she is the same person.
She is a unique book character and that the main reason that I like her.She seems strong but she is not.However , no matter what happens to her she manages to stand again on her feet.In this book is younger
but not immature.It's really nice to read about the first time that she was happy.

Why I loved Javier: Javier is the exotic and dangerous man with the haunting eyes . The fact that he has a Mexican accent makes me love him more.
He is a man that loves passionately and obsessivelly.He doesnt want Eden to be in danger and he always caring and sweet.

“I love you more than I’ve ever loved anyone. More than I thought I was capable of. Eden, you’ve taken my heart by surprise from the day I first saw you. It hasn’t been my heart since.”

*******************SPOILERS**************************
Ok I'll admit it , I ship Javier.
I know she will end up with Camden ,who I also really love but Javier captured me at a hello.
He cheated on her. D***move , huh?

And you might be wondering why I still ship him , right?
I have a theory.
Javier during the whole book is caring and adorable and all of a sudden
(actually when he learned that she was not pregnant) he becomes a different person and he seems so indefferent towards her.
My theory is that Javier may have discovered something about her real identity and because he loves her and he doesnt want to kill her he decides to cheat on her.
Well, that's what I think but still this is one theory which I hope is true.I really dont want to read that Javier cheated on her because he wanted to.
**************END OF SPOILERS*****************

All in all this book was perfect and I really enjoyed it.
The second book of the series is going to be very intense for all the readers and I cant wait to see what will happen.

I'm yours angel and you are mine.
My angel is mine
Lucia
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Javier:

I couldn't get past all the wrongs in my life, I couldn't accept them. To accept it, to live it, peacufully, that was like saying it was all okay." - Ellie

In this novella, Ellie is 20 years old, young, naive, unexperienced and stubborn. She is completely different person than Ellie I got to know in Sins & Needles and more importantly, she deals with completely differenclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Taryn

Holy sweet baby Jesus. That ending...I could hardly catch my breath.

Goddamn you, Javier! Why did I have to fall for you only to have my chest cracked open by you, YOU SON OF A BITCH BASTARD!

I still love you. Hard.

On Every Street is the prequel to Sins & Needles. I did not read Sins & Needles first like most have, but you can bet your ass I'm readinHard.
On
• Lisa •
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite-series
5 JAVIER STARS.

"I wanted to win over his heart so I could get what I wanted. But I had a feeling he was able to get to my heart first."

description

So here it is, I've finally read this novella after collecting dust on my must read shelf and I can honestly say that it has left me with all kinds of mixed up emotions. Since reading 'Sins and needles' I knew this author could put together a seriously well written and suspenseful story. I thought I had all my good guys, bad guys, i'm in love with you guys all in an orderlySTARS.
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
***** 10 HEART AND SOUL BREAKING STARS!!!*****

"I want to hurt the man who hurt me. I want to destroy him for destroying me. And I won’t be happy, I won’t be free, until I do so.”

Ellie...

This was the plan... this is what Ellie had thought about all her life... Revenge..
Travis.. the man who hurt her when she was just a child.

"When the man found me trying to rob him, he retaliated by throwing acid on my leg. He scarred my leg for life, scarred me for life. He took away all the good in my past and he robbed me of a future. ISTARS!!!*****
*****
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

See more reviews like this at Reading Books Like a Boss

I need a cigarette. I don't even smoke, but I feel like I need a cigarette after finishing this book. My mind feels sated after being thoroughly screwed. I couldn't sleep after I finished this because my mind was overloaded with emotions, feelings, and unadulterated awesomeness. Before I even started reading, I knew that I would end up liking Javier, despite my firm allegiance to Camden McQueen. Karina Halle is a word ninja and has ways of sneak
Alex is The Romance Fox
A prequel to Sins and Needles, Karina Halle’s The Artist’s Trilogy, which gives you an insight into Ellie Watt’s life as a con artist living under the name of Eden White and how she met the gorgeous and dangerous Javier Bernal.

Wow, I loved this story!! Can’t wait to start book 1!!
destini mia
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I tiptoed down the hall toward the bedroom door.

And heard him moan.

... came to a halt when I heard the sound following it.

I hate you, Javier. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I love you. I knew that was coming and it still tore my heart out. Despite all his flaws, I loved him and he’s done the unforgivable…

Revenge.
That’s what is fueling Ellie Watt. She needs to exact revenge on the drug lord who ruined her before she will be able to live a normal life. With her plan all thought out, she becomes Eden White an
Emily May
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"This little angel was definitely going to get her wings dirty."

I just can't get enough of these characters and this series. Ms Halle, what have you done to me? This little prequel of approximately a hundred pages packs a punch that I didn't think was possible. I'm trying to decide which tone was strongest in this story: the sexy or the sad. Because it is definitely both. This is an erotic, heart-breaking novella about first loves and first betrayals. And I highly recommend you do not read thi
Lise *friends don't flag*
5++++ mind blowing stars!!!!

Karina Halle simply blows my mind with her writing. I become obsessed and perhaps possessed by her insanely amazing skills. She creates characters and weaves a story like no other; she truly is in a class of her own.

Long story short- I have been a fan-girl since Experiment in Terror book one-Darkhouse. I read the series book after book without stopping except she had not written the novellas or book 5 and 6, so I had to wait. FYI…. For all you lucky ducks just reading the series now, y
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
description

Damn you Javier! I kept repeating to myself the whole book that I will not fall for your swag and charm but you made it impossible! Did I mention that this guy is hotter than Haatis?

"Submissive? I'm sorry to disappoint you my angel, but I don't run with that crowd. Perhaps you'll submit to me tonight, but after that, I'll be the one submitting to you."~ Javier

Ellie Watt has one thing in mind when she makes this heart throb her mark...revenge against Travis. Travis is Javier's boss the head of a drug cartelHaatis?
Christy
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS!!!

photo 59aa7f2d-43ce-4451-ab6e-e32184d23816_zpsf9d591ca.jpg

Ellie Watts is on a mission. She is out for revenge. She wants the man who gave her the scars on her legs to pay. To do this, she will have to be someone else, Eden White. After being near Travis’s place for about a month, she knows what she has to do. She will get close to him by seducing one of his right hand men...

5 STARS!!!

photo 59aa7f2d-43ce-4451-ab6e-e32184d23816_zpsf9d591ca.jpg

photo 92b92a42-c782-4d98-aa0b-82f2e10eaf69_zps02ab3c9e.jpg
It’s just when I chose Javier as my mark, I never thought my mark would chose me.

She meets Javier, and it doesn’t take long to get his attention. He asks her out immediately.

photo 7eb829c0-5452-4e1e-b0aa-c286f34be9aa_zps2e676729.jpg
Shit. I was supposed to be seducing him, wasn’t I? Not the other way around.

After spending time with Javier, and giving him all of herself- Eden runs into a problem...

My body was his and it was just a matter of time before he had my heart.

I wanted to hate Javier... I did. But most of the book, I couldn’t resist his charms. I really don’t think he is as bad of a guy as I originally thought. He eventually tells Eden of his work, and warns her away.

“I don’t deserve your love, Eden. You have my heart, but yours should remain in your chest. Save it for a better man. Save it for someone who’s worth it.” his eyes shimmered as tears spilled over. “You need to leave me.”

And Javier was really smooth, and so sweet most of the time....

“Why am I good to you?” he repeated, his lips brushing against mine as he spoke. “Because I can see you are broken. And I want nothing more than to put you back together.”

“Care to dance?”
“On the dock?” I asked. “Right now?”
He cocked his head. “Come, my angel. Dance with me.”

“I love you more than I’ve ever loved anyone. More that I thought I was capable of. Eden, you’ve taken my heart by surprise from the day I first saw you. It hasn’t been my heart since.”

“I am yours, angel.” he said determinedly. “And you are mine.”

Plus he was HOT!!!
 photo e2dc8631-0c29-426c-b178-4cd1d43e642e_zps87f9cee0.jpg

Eden had a huge decison to make-

I knew I’d have to make a choice. Did I want Javier? Or did I want revenge?

I feel like she made the right choice at the time for her. I was really rooting for Javier. Then- it happened. What we all knew was going to happen... and I found my self shouting
why gifs photo: Why WhyLoki.gif

I mean- seriously (view spoiler)

At the end we realize...
 photo 95bb76c9-6e61-4ca0-8f96-779e7ae83d3c_zps8a2b7a02.jpg

Now that I’ve read this... I really need to read book 2 in the Sins and Needles series!

photo 8533630f-86aa-4677-b3be-8accef41759c_zps5326eae6.jpg

This one was just so good! I had mixed feelings about Ellie in the first book, now I love her! Javier made me love him, then he broke my heart. :( Oh boy... This one was just fantastic! Amazing!!! If you haven’t read these books, you are really missing out!!!!

My favorite line...
“You are all mine, even if you run. I will find you because a soul needs its other half to truly live.”

I will leave you with this.....

photo 7e038acb-6f4e-439b-a558-ba4ddefda304_zps3f75c452.jpg
Airah ♔
Once upon a time, there was a con artist named Ellie Watts.

But this isn't her story.

Here in this standalone book, we will meet Eden White.

I believe I had nothing to fear.
I believe I only had something to lose

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is her revenge story.

But in her disguise, she fell in love. HARD.

With a Mexican drug lord named Javier Bernal.

Brittni
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 Soul Shattering Stars!!!!

I’m officially gutted and heartbroken, but on the other hand, I’m so head over heels in love with Javier....

photo emotionsgif_zps1e05e29e.gif

But then in the next moment, I want to cut off his nuts for all the pain I feel right now…

photo knifegif_zps98d76450.gif

Hmmmmmmm Decisions Decisions....

5 Soul Shattering Stars!!!!

photo emotionsgif_zps1e05e29e.gif

photo knifegif_zps98d76450.gif

Hmmmmmmm Decisions Decisions....

photo thinkinggif_zps6e5ef6ef.gif

Just kidding….. I would never hurt my Javier! Well not in a bad way at least “wink wink”

photo Gif7_zpsf256b6b3.gif
Jasmine
So apparently I was supposed to read this AFTER Sins and Needles but call me a rebel. Just finished this quick one and my emotions ran from one end of the scale to the other end once I was done.

Me for the most portion of the read:

My feelings for Javier for 90%:

My feelings for Javier in the last 10%:

Me for the most portion of the read:

My feelings for Javier for 90%:

My feelings for Javier in the last 10%:

THE AMOUNT OF RAGE I HAVE RIGHT NOW!!! There better be some good explanation for this!! *rage airfist*

Moving onwards with my Karina Halle binge-reading! Onto Sins and Needles now :D
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
5 MILLION STARS

This is my second book by Karina Halle and OMG I love this author!!!!!

I think I broke Goodreads with all my status updates haha. Damn GR, I wanted to make another million updates of this book.

KARINA HALLE:

1. Please give Ellie / Eden / Elaine and Javier a HEA!!! Please….
2. I choose Javier over Cam. I believe E (That is just much easier) needs to be with Javier
3. Cam needs a second chance with is ex wife and child. How can you take a child from his parent a second time bwahahaha!
Brenna
On Every Street is a prequel novella to Sins & Needles (book #1 in the series), which came out in January. What is awesome about On Every Street, is that you DO NOT have to read Sins & Needles first. According to the author, “It can be read before or after Sins & Needles and may also be read as a standalone.” That being said, I DID read Sins & Needles first and I can confidently say that you could read them in either order and no matter what, you will love them and they will no doubt completely wreck you! In the best wa ...more
5 MILLION TEAM JAVIER STARS!!!

I am FEELING so much right now. Beautiful. Perfection. Grief. Broken.

This…this is how I feel right now.

The story begins with Ellie. She is a con artist, seeking revenge, which is a central theme to this book. She is seeking revenge on a man who ruined her as a child. Ellie is determined to get close to this man by conning his second in command, Javier. To Ellie’s surprise, Javier ends
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Karina Halle simply blows my mind with her writing!!I could not put the book down!!

description

I absolutely loved On Every Street.It sucked me in completely!
This is the story of how young Ellie goes back to Mississippi for revenge, but falls in love instead. Before heading to her revenge mission, she goes to Gus first.He's an ex-LAPD and a family friend an
Giselle
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, arc
Note that this novella can easily be read as a stand-alone, and you do not need to have read Sins & Needles first (more on this below).

Having already met Ellie in Sins & Needles, I was excited to get the before: What happened to make her run away, and how she fell in love with Javier to begin with. I must say, I feel very torn after this. In Sins & Needles, Ellie meets Camden with whom she develops a very chemistry filled, eccentric relationship that takes the reader by storm. Then she makes Javier out
Ash Wednesday
“Always.” And I knew he kept his promises.”

Remember The Police's eternal anthem for creepy stalkers everywhere, "Every Breath You Take"? When taken with enough alcohol proof, that song will start to sound romantic. I kid you not, I once went to a wedding, and that was the couple's first dance. So this book maybe a tragedy for some, but i'm choosing to see it for the hop
Duchess Nicole
"Any love that starts under a lie is bound to kill you."

I just feel...shattered and broken and so confused. Why, Javier? What is happening?

I'm not sure in what universe any reader could read this as a stand alone...that was the biggest cliffie ever aside from the one on Sins and Needles. And oh, boy, did this affect me waaaay more than I thought it would. I read Sins and Needles first, just fyi, s
~ Becs ~
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella
I completely loved Sins & Needles and, before embarking on this one, I hated Javier. We know that Ellie has ran from him and there’s no way on earth I’m going to end up with any affection for Javier. Right?

WRONG!!

Javier and Ellie are birds of a feather – they’re both lying and cheating and they’re both hellbent on revenge. Javier is Ellie’s ticket to vengeance – she chooses him as her mark to get close to Travis, his boss and the man that so viciously scarred her legs when she wa/> ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Having read Sins & Needles when it first came out, well, it left me prejudice against Javier. That didn't mean I wasn't curious about how Ellie and Javier met and how she could actually fall for him. And most importantly....W-H-Y he did what he did!

I definitely am Team Camden....all the way baby! But I do have to say that I did soften for Javier even though he's a "tad" possessive and plain ol' loco!

Here's My Javier. **WARNING...only click on this if you really, really want to see him! You've been warned!!**
Nina
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
I really liked this book but overall, I just didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed "Sins & Needles". I've seen many people say that this book changed their opinion on Javier and that they began liking him after reading this but it just didn't do anything about my opinion. I still can't stand that guy and I think that also highly influenced my reading experience.
Something that I thought was really interesting to see though was the development of Ellie Watt/Eden White (I don't know if the name
Buddy Read with Rae/Jenn!!! 86 27 Sep 08, 2013 02:13PM
"And with madness...: On Every Street *SPOILER THREAD* 7 35 Sep 02, 2013 03:49AM
Buddy Read Zone: On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy .5 ) 105 39 Aug 24, 2013 09:36AM
Avail on B&N? 1 13 Jun 01, 2013 04:53AM
"And with madness...: * On Every Street ~ Artists Trilogy #0.5 22 104 Mar 13, 2013 05:12AM

• My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • Blind Obsession
  • Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden, #2)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Dusty
  • The Prince (The Original Sinners, #3)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • The Devil's Revenge (The Devil's Eyes, #2)
  • White Walls (Asylum, #2)
  • Keeping Never (Tasting Never, #3)
  • Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)
  • Forever (Sempre, #2.5)
  • Beneath the Burn
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more

The Artists Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)
  • Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
136 likes