Start by marking “Una larga espera” as Want to Read:
Una larga espera

Una larga espera

(The MacKade Brothers #3)

Las historias de cuatro hermanos irresistibles... y las mujeres que fueron capaces de domar sus corazones salvajes.

El comisario Devin MacKade amaba en secreto a Cassie Connor. Pero ella estaba atrapada en un matrimonio que estaba muy lejos de ser perfecto; mientras, él sólo podía esperar con paciencia y sufrimiento. Ahora, la guapa Cassie Connor era libre... pero también
Published 2012 by Harlequín Ibérica (first published March 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Una larga espera, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Una larga espera

Start your review of Una larga espera
Cyndi
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story!!! It's the most violent in the series which makes it the most exciting. I think the two little boys stole the show in this book and the one before it. Excellent!!!
Ann Keller
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Lovely Cassie Connor married the man she thought was the image of her dreams, but Joe was quick to anger and abusive. Cassie endured years of brutal beatings, hiding the truth and the bruises from her friend, Sheriff Devin MacKade and from all of the townspeople, too. However, when Joe took his anger out on their two kids, it was over. Joe was locked away in prison and Cassie mercifully granted a divorce.

So, Cassie and her kids started over, but their emotional scars took a long time to heal.
Cristina
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes! I knew it! Since I read the first book, I knew Devin would end up with Cassie.
The third book in the series was different. I was getting used to women with a strong temper, but Cassie was like a sensitive butterfly. Until the end. It's impressive how love can change a person's attitude.
I hated Constance! Damn it. How can a woman be so stupid?! Or better said, how can a mother be so selfish and blind?
Connor... poor boy. I totally understood his confusion and actions. He had a hard
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in Nora Roberts' The MacKade Brothers series. Devin MacKade has been in love with Cassie for years. But before he could show his interest she married another. But her ex was abusive and Cassie finally got away and is getting on with her life and raising her children. She is working at Devin's brother's Bed and Breakfast. Devin is now the sheriff and his duty to watch out for Cassie is more his pleasure than work.

I have liked Nora Roberts for many years and when I found this one I
valee
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
Sigh *** What will I do once I finish this series? Only one more book, *sniff. I just don't want it to end, I'm having such a great time with it.

Again I wasn't disappointed by this series. This book was everything I wanted it to be. I had been wanting to read about Devin and Cassie since I started this series, so you guys can imagine I was exhilarated once I got my hands on this book.
Devin MacKade is the town's Sheriff, former bad boy who nobody ever thought would make something important of
Caz Malpas
3 -3.5 HEAVENLY DEVIN-LY STARS!

Ok so this the third book in the series and this was 'the one' I'd been waiting for!

Sheriff Devin MacKade has been in love with Cassie Dolan for twelve years and seen the abuse she has suffered at the hands of her husband. Now though, she is divorced, her husband is behind bars and he is ready to make his move. He knows he's got to tread carefully with her and her young children but it's time. But can Cassie overcome her fears and shame over her past and allow
Jacob Proffitt
I had high(er) hopes for this one than the others in the series—after all, Devin can't really afford to be a rage-monkey with Cassie what with her history of being in an abusive relationship. Unfortunately, not so much. Well, he's not really a rage-monkey and he's never abusive. But I expected . . . gentler from him than we get. The plotting is more or less what you'd expect and I'm glad to have a wrap up, finally, to the Joe Dolan plotline, but I just wanted more.
Jultri
It's been a decade or two since I last read a book by Nora Roberts, and unfortunately this one did not impress. It could that the grating male narrator's reading has a negative impact on my overall opinion of the book. It could also be that the plot and dialogue seem a bit dated. Sheriff Devin Mackade waited 12 years to declare his love for traumatised single mum Cassie Dolan, who is just starting to pick up her life again with her 2 kids following the arrest and incarceration of her abusive ...more
Lauren
The Heart of Devin MacKade
4 Stars

Devin Mackade has been in love with Cassie Dolin ever since he can remember, but the timing has never been right for them. Now that her abusive husband is behind bars and Cassie is discovering her inner strength, the opportunity for the romance that alluded them is finally presented. Can Devin and Cassie overcome their reticence to be together?

Devin is the most patient and caring of the MacKade brothers, and Cassie is a sweetheart. While it is impossible not to
KatiD
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-review-ish
I picked up The Heart of Devin MacKade because I was interested to see his heroine, Cassie Dolin, who is introduced in the first book as a victim of domestic violence, get her HEA. Cassie married Joe Dolin young and stupidly. Joe is pretty much a good for nothing, who drinks too much, gets fired from even the most menial of jobs, and knocks his wife around for anything and everything. In the first MacKade book, The Return of Rafe MacKade, Cassie finally presses charges against Joe for battery ...more
Chitra *CJ*
I've loved you for over twelve years, Cassandra. I loved you when you were married to another man, when you had his children. I loved you when I couldn't do anything to help you out of that hell you were living in. I love you now.

What a beautiful story.
Devin McKade has loved Cassie since the moment he saw her; when he was 21 and she was 17. However, to escape her family, she marries Joe.
For years Devin painfully sees the love of his life being tortured and suffering silently. Having another
Alex (HEABookNerd)
**FAVORITE READ**

Series: The MacKade Brothers #3
Rating: 5 stars - loved it!

One Sentence Summary: Sheriff Devin MacKade has loved Cassie Dolan since they were teenagers but she married another man; now with Cassie's divorce final and her abusive ex in jail, Devin sees a chance to finally show Cassie how he truly feels.

The Heart of Devin MacKade always gives me all the feels because it deals with so many deeply emotional topics. We first meet Cassie in The Return of Rafe MacKade and we see the
Amanda S.
I'm officially in love with Nora Roberts. I think I'll soon add a shelf solely to her books, after I finished at least ten of them. So far, four! Haha.

Anyway, why this book received five stars? Because Devin and Cassie's relationship is the one that elevate from one level to another through the whole series. I can read their innocent banter in Rafe's and the way Devin showed his affection in Jared's. That's why this book is very deep to me.

I liked the way Nora Roberts put the words together in
Amber
Jul 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good, but not great. My biggest issue with the book was (view spoiler) I am not inspired to try another Nora Roberts, unfortunately. The hero and heroine (and kiddos) were all a bit too perfect.
Wendy
Devin Mackade you are a gem!
Paraphrodite
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, listened
The most steadfast and patient of the four MacKade brothers, I've been waiting for Devin & Cassie's story since the first book. The finale with the kids was very touching.
Rebekah
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Heart of Devin MacKade, OR, Romantic Protagonist and Domestic Abuse & Rape Survivor Cassie Dolan Goes From One Frying Pan to Another, Sexier Frying Pan.

I can't even call her a romantic heroine because I did not give two shits about her, she just happened to be one of the lead characters. It's great that you and Devin can finally bone after like 15 years of him creepily pining for you, but maybe you should spend some time examining what you want, what you really really want, and not just
Saly
I really enjoyed this, the hero Devin who is also the Sheriff has been in love with the heroine for years, he had to see her marry a bad guy who beat her and couldn't do anything because she never complained but now Cassie is finally free, re-constructing her life for herself and her children.
She never had any support and went from a terrible home to a bad marriage and had no support to get out of it, but she is trying to change.

Devin finally makes his move but Cassie is shy, it is good to see
Makenzie
Another good installment of this series. Good triumphs over evil, and hot guy finally gets a chance at the girl he's pined over for more than a decade.

It was a cute story, and I loved Devin's interactions with the kids, but I swear that man has more mood swings than a menopausal woman! That was the only thing that irked me. He was sweet and patient one day and then furious and throwing in the towel the next.

But overall....a sweet story. And a good lead up to Shane's story!
thevintagechronicles
reread. 5 stars.

this has been a firm favorite from the first time I read it.

cassie is so internally similar to myself. and my heart breaks for both her and Devin for the time they lose. Devin is so wonderful.

don't let the awful cover, or slightly dated writing stop you from reading this series. it's one of the best I've ever read.
Estara
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary small town romance
Cathy Ryan
It was pretty obvious that Devin and Cassie were going to end up with each other at some point even though, after twelve years of just being her friend, Devin thought Cassie was lost to him but still, I loved the story. It has a little more depth and emotion due to the subject matter of domestic violence and abuse, especially as children are involved.

Nora Roberts is so good at writing scenes that pull at the heart-strings and I love the way Devin gains the trust and love of Cassie’s children.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
4 STARS

"Devin MacKade knew it was his destiny to serve and protect the small town of Antietam, Maryland. And he always suspected his future should have little Cassie Connor in it. After Cassie married the wrong man, Devin tried to convince himself there would be other women, other loves. Now, after Cassie’ s divorce, Devin can finally follow his heart. But can Cassie follow hers?" (From Amazon)

We are introduced to Devin and Cassie earlier in the series and can see the sparks between the two
Jonetta
Aug 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this story of Devin MacKade, town sheriff, and Cassie Dolin, a woman he's loved for twelve years and who was married to a man that physically and emotionally abused her. Devin is a patient and thoughtful man who fell in love with Cassie's children and helped them heal from their experience living in an abusive environment. Cassie's transformation was realistic and Devin's limitations on his patience was understandable but long overdue. His sensitivity endeared him to me and has him be a ...more
Pam
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Heart of Devin MacKade is by Nora Roberts. It is the third book in the four book series.
Devin has known he wanted to be the sheriff and serve the community of Antietam, Maryland. Now he has finally gotten his wish and is the sheriff. He knew he wanted to live his life with Cassie Connor; but he missed his chance and she married another.
Cassie has returned home to find herself. She has no intention of finding another husband. What is she going to do about Devin MacKade now?
Janet
More like a 2 1/2 stars but still, it showed the limitations of the Silhouette formula. Sweet steady hero, abused woman who he has loved forever ... predictable but still a good read. I think I liked Shane's book the best. Still felt a tad formulaic.
Mareli
Jun 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good one. True to be told I was expecting something more, something more dramatic to close the horrible marriage the heroine felt conpelled to have vey young.

But the story is sweet and you'll have to love another Mackade brother getting a family. On with the last one!
Aurelia Rowl

This one rates slightly higher than the previous two on account of making my heart pound for a variety of reasons.

My only issue with the series so far is the similarities to the Inn Boonsboro trilogy. Now onto book 4.
Darbi Bradley
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My very first by La Nora! Can totally see how all the authors I love now were inspired by her, it's fab!
Nell
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved Devin and Cassie. But I especially loved Connor and Emma!

• Handsome Cowboy (Handsome Devils Book 4)
  • Lander Ridge (Iron Feather Brothers Series, #3)
  • Mercenary's Woman / His Secret Child

The MacKade Brothers (4 books)
  • The Return of Rafe MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #1)
  • The Pride of Jared MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #2)
  • The Fall of Shane MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #4)
“Do you know what I feel about you, Devin? About us?...Dazzled, you dazzle me. You make me feel things, and want things I never knew I could have. -Cassie” 49 likes